PDA

View Full Version : Spy- Improvement

BombShell
04-05-04, 22:25
Ok am bored at the moment so heres some ideas.

-Grabling Hooks - enables spys to clinb up walls, trees, and hang from the ceilings.

(element- Must let spys shoot while it is being in use - it will give new hiding spots and assain ways :)

nice tool lets u hide in trees on cliffs taking the high position.

-Piano wire- strangle ur enmy's

(element- when in a choak hold u cant do much of anything. such as opening ur inventory. only items u hav to counter are stam boosters in ur belt. and having a allie coming to save ur ass. and u can not be targeted in a hold only ur holder) how it kills - it kills like someone is drowning when ur stam goes ur life goes.

Pa needs to hav -5 psi like i always said:) still dont believe spys deserve psi defence even with drugs :) *sorry*

Change Darnit armor into Dex armor.

Make bone imps req into

head-str
chest-con
arm-str
leg-con
foot-dex

gamma lieve the same

the changes in armor will free up imp slots from not using str imps for inq armor. and give them more combat imps to do more in battle. allowing them to tradeskill like hax and attack with decent runspeed like a spy should.

imps wouldnt change much of anyother class other then spys. other then freeing up points.

"i think spys should be more of the lone class" one that doesnt need anyone but can handle 1v1 assassinating ways. like with piano wire great in 1v1 but if u dont hav a allie ur screwed. and more itmes likeit. with their low defence thay are prefect to hav this.

just want to hear some thoughts. no poll

Divide
04-05-04, 22:51
duranit sucks, give us inq!

BombShell
04-05-04, 22:54
duranit sucks, give us inq!

hehe divde over all their the same with legs and everything. just looks worst.

mostly gives more combat skills.

but i wouldnt mind inq as dex armor :) or something.

actually that just gave me a idea about the armor. it might work out :)

Scanner Darkly
04-05-04, 23:32
You made some interesting points there.
I've been looking into the capped spy setup and I just cant find a viable combat setup without 2 drugging it. It is very annoying to have to rely on drugs for PvP, but in the end it is just something one learns to live with.

Still it would of course be lovely for inqui 1 / dura 1 to be dex based, as long as all the higher level armour stayed the same. I'm sure that having inq 1 available without str imps/drugs would make spies far more versatile and I think fun.

Would be lovely to at least try it out on the test server...

SorkZmok
05-05-04, 00:14
Drop inq1/dura1 reqs by 3.
MAKE HIGH END RIFLES AND PISTOLS USEFUL AND SPY-ONLY.

Done. o_O

Benjie
05-05-04, 00:40
Don't change Duranit into Dex Armour. Make a new armour ffs. Lets leave newbie Tanks out of this.

Mr_Snow
05-05-04, 00:42
Make it so that spies are not inferior to PEs in everyway but a couple of percentage points on weapon damage and then they may be more viable then one to play.

iainy13
05-05-04, 00:59
making high end pistols and rifles spy only wouldent be a good idea. it would make more pe's the same. dropping inq/dur armour by 3 str would be a great idea i think. also i realy dont think there should be dex armour. like, what kind of armour would require dex. i see how duranium requires str, and holy helmet requires psi, but why would any armour need dex? possably, if there where some kind of exo skeleton armour or somthing, but thats all i can think of.

i like the implant req changes, the hook in the engines current form would be horrable. the wire would be annoying. i dont think that should be added. maybe the ability to get a big bonus on a punch wich also deactivates stealth so you could sneak attack people, but the longer you have stealthed, the more damage it would so.

i love editing my post 10 times right after i post it lol.

SorkZmok
05-05-04, 01:37
making high end pistols and rifles spy only wouldent be a good idea. it would make more pe's the same. I want guns above tl 110 spy only. That would leave PEs with Earp, Libby, Judge, BoH and RolH. Or Pain Easer, RoG, Redeemer. Well the rifle lineup would some changes, pistols are fine though.
Just give spys some guns ONLY spies can use. Wheres the sense in highend guns if a PE can use them, cap dmg, get a good rof and better defense than a spy?

A PE caps its highest skill at 24 million xp, the others are even lower. A spy caps his 2 highest skills at 160 million xp. There should be something to reward me as a spy having 100 dex. Cause atm there isnt anything. Rifles are shit anyway and pistol PEs are just way better than pistol spies. The only good thing about a pistol spy is you still can have a tradeskill...

BombShell
05-05-04, 02:05
Don't change Duranit into Dex Armour. Make a new armour ffs. Lets leave newbie Tanks out of this.

hehe y make a whole new armor line-up when we can use darnit. their dex base and i dont know any tank that uses darnit 3 when thay hit duruim armor :)

tanks private eyes can still use these low armor since that hav dex to lvl as well.

Anyone realize how hard it is to make a uber combat hacker spy. pistols are fine at the moment but one thing i hate the damage cap. try getting decent speed and a fully or almost fully capped spy pistol that matter using judge + weapons with 100+ hax's.

if a spy is gimped incombat for hax then wut are thay used for. rather be a PE truthfully. if u give them both and not let them get shelter i think its a great sacrfice in defence for speed low-med lvl defence and good attack.

LiL T
05-05-04, 03:05
Make it so that spies are not inferior to PEs in everyway but a couple of percentage points on weapon damage and then they may be more viable then one to play.

Right and do massive damage with overpowered pistols killing tanks in seconds erm no

SorkZmok
05-05-04, 03:50
Right and do massive damage with overpowered pistols killing tanks in seconds erm no
You should edit what you said cause its plain stupid. Got your tank killed by someone using executioner? sucks, doesnt it? pistols are overpowered. still a tank should easily beat a pistol spy of his skills. so what are you trying to say here? :eek:

/edit
bombshell! what the fuck are you trying to say? i just dont get it. :p

BombShell
05-05-04, 08:32
You should edit what you said cause its plain stupid. Got your tank killed by someone using executioner? sucks, doesnt it? pistols are overpowered. still a tank should easily beat a pistol spy of his skills. so what are you trying to say here? :eek:

/edit
bombshell! what the fuck are you trying to say? i just dont get it. :p

nothin much just trying top give spys some armor as thay lvl up. and open more to their selection of combat skills.

Jeros82
05-05-04, 08:37
Grabling Hooks - enables spys to clinb up walls, trees, and hang from the ceilings.

(element- Must let spys shoot while it is being in use - it will give new hiding spots and assain ways)

You really watched to much Spiderman..... 8|

Archeus
05-05-04, 08:49
You really watched to much Spiderman..... 8|

No hes been playing too much splinter cell.

BombShell
05-05-04, 09:11
No hes been playing too much splinter cell.

more like to much tenchu :)

but splinter cell for the spy tactics :)

Original monk
05-05-04, 09:21
as a sniper i like the hooks ... to get on unreachable places like mountaintops :)

and a stranglingcord is a veeery nice idea, but its gotta be veery hard :)

so when you made a stranglekill you can feel really good about it :P such close combat on a spy (strangling) should require hi skills from the player itself and from the char he's playing. i like the idea, hitman all over again :)

amfest
05-05-04, 09:32
yea stranglingcord has to have a good percent chance of failure and timer whenyou can try it again or else you'll just have people reroll to the flavor of the month stranglingcord spy and then as an attacking force comes .. it'll be nothing but spys trying to strangle each other and the rest of the characters standing around waiting for holds to be taken so they can come in for easy kills .. lol.

BombShell
06-05-04, 09:15
hehe iw as thinking of that. but just need to figure out a good way to break out of it. and if u do the spy cant strangle agin after a while. he can only strugle agin if it successs maybe higher skill for it or something to lower the % rate of fail. but making it still combat reliable. it will only be the true assassin class.

ill hate getting caought each time and dieing :) but i think this would be kwel.