PDA

View Full Version : Trade Skillers / Rank

thebee
04-05-04, 16:01
Now we all know that with the new patch a tradeskiller (research/construction) the experience gains from doing either of these jobs is going to double. Some thing that was long needed. However the question is, is that enough?

Even researching some of the highest TL items "E" tech parts your really can get about 6k experience on average. So lets say this doubles to 12k. To reach one million points you would have to research 83 "e" techs before getting to one million and as you get higher in level it starts taking 4,5,6,7,8 and more millions just to get to the next stat level.

I wonder that with the new system why not also go back to the way tools use to modify your rank. But to do this we need to put restrictions on the tools, say the TL150 Tools would put your rank up to whatever...(i dont know the formula so im not going to even try to guess) and if you have the construction chips in, that helps and your points in construct help just like extra combat pts in a skill help with rank. This way our tradeskillers can get to those 50-75 ranks and go with a team and leach the experience. Because its ALWAYS a nice thing to have a highlevel repairer out with you when you are hunting with a vehicle so that you dont have to stop at the vehicle stations to repair the thing.

Ofcourse the restrictions! I forgot ok so like a TL150 Tool would have to require like 160+ in the trade skill and 60+ in the DEX or INT

So in conclusion lets get a system to help the tradeskillers get a rank

Strych9
04-05-04, 16:12
My main is a 100% pure constructor... and I would love this... but I would have to say I am against it.

Combat rank is just that- combat rank. By your idea my combat rank would be silly high (228 in construction) but I dont follow why because I can create high quality weapons I should be able to team with a group of players killing mobs and get experience from the team.

I can assure you that KK knows that tradeskillers level painfully slow, and that they see the doubling of the exp to be a first step, not the final solution.

I dont think your idea is really "fair" in the grand scheme of things. Just my opinion.

thebee
04-05-04, 16:22
a just concern, i agree that the "combat" rank cant get silly. someone in your situation may only get 70 in combat rank......that way you can share with most of the monks and spies, and a tank in the rhino turret

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 16:53
Yeah i have a pure resser/repper (TL 212 ress/ 160 or so repper (320 or what ever with the *2 for repp)). I dont think we should be able to get a high CR but some kind of CR would be nice. Since my resser is 1/60 (or 61 dont really pay attention to his rank).

I also think they need to up the XP more for the higher TL items. And also be able to LVL as a pure. As it is now once i'm ready to LVL (with in 2 XP points). I can not get that LVL without buying or killing something. And a pure tradeskiller can not kill that much stuff. I have to go kill a roach or a rat.

Slaughter

Strych9
04-05-04, 17:11
Yeah i have a pure resser/repper (TL 212 ress/ 160 or so repper (320 or what ever with the *2 for repp)). I dont think we should be able to get a high CR but some kind of CR would be nice. Since my resser is 1/60 (or 61 dont really pay attention to his rank).

I also think they need to up the XP more for the higher TL items. And also be able to LVL as a pure. As it is now once i'm ready to LVL (with in 2 XP points). I can not get that LVL without buying or killing something. And a pure tradeskiller can not kill that much stuff. I have to go kill a roach or a rat.

SlaughterYeah, that being unable to finish a level off via tradeskilling is NOT an intended feature that I know of. I too have to go snag a stiletto, and beat on a rat for a few second in order to finish off my Dex levels.

But like I said, they are not viewing the doubling of exp as a final solution. Its just one that HELPS, and it easy to code.

Lafiel
04-05-04, 17:13
yea hi they r doubling tradeskill xp

Ghanima
04-05-04, 17:20
Can tradeskillers team up in P1 or the like and gain team experience from the work other tradeskiller are doing?

Lafiel
04-05-04, 17:24
hmmm thats a great question

thebee
04-05-04, 17:27
thats an even better soultion...just let everyone tradeskilling and only tradeskillers share thier tradeskilling XP in a team

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 17:35
Can tradeskillers team up in P1 or the like and gain team experience from the work other tradeskiller are doing?

Nope i've tried it before does not work.

Yeah, that being unable to finish a level off via tradeskilling is NOT an intended feature that I know of. I too have to go snag a stiletto, and beat on a rat for a few second in order to finish off my Dex levels.

I never said it was intended. Just stating thats it's another bug that needs to be worked out.

Slaughter

Strych9
04-05-04, 17:47
I never said it was intended. Just stating thats it's another bug that needs to be worked out.
SlaughterI never said you said it was intended. :) I was just adding info to what you said, thats all.

--

Not sure how I feel about the tradeskill XP being teamable.

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 17:49
I never said you said it was intended. :) I was just adding info to what you said, thats all.

Your right my bad.

Slaughter

thebee
04-05-04, 17:53
well i believe with the release of DOY that if this game gets the popurality it wants to ....its going to need to make PURE tradeskilling a viable option to leveling your char and right now its not.

I think that I would like the blend of both of these ideas that the tradeskillers can get a rank of sorts that allows them to share XP with a combat team. Or and have the option to team with other tradeskillers and get team XP

Strych9
04-05-04, 18:01
As it stands right now, I am not sure how feasible a tradeskiller team would be. Maybe a resser/constructor teamed together would be practical... but I dont see 8 constructors all sitting around building stuff constantly, sharing experience.

Tradeskilling works GREAT for levelling when low level. It just doesn scale up to higher levels like mobbing does.

Start a newb Spy, put 30 in Constr and 30 in Res, and build medkits. You will level Int, Dex, and Str like its going out of style.

So low level is fine. And if I could get on the testserver, I would check out the new XP there and see if it isnt even too high at low levels.

But at high levels its inadequate.

My Dex/Int are in the 80s, and I level maybe after a few thousand TL 100+ builds. Even if I just built punishers...

So doubling the exp will help, but I think some sort of TL-based solution will be needed eventually. It make take quadrupling the exp to make it okay at high levels, but that will make it uneven at lower levels for sure.