PDA

View Full Version : Now this is low

MkVenner
04-05-04, 13:10
Ok was taking some ops and there was the standard stealther run in drop as many turrets as possible then stealth out. But there was a new one (to me atleast). We took 2 of their ops so they knew we were coming, so they blocked to doors of the op with gunned rhinos, a valid tactic, what pissed me off was the Le'd runners behind the rhinos repairing them.

Now iirc theres something in the latest test server patch to stop turret stealthers, but this new one really pisses me off.

Sorry if im a bit slow on the take up

Dajuda
04-05-04, 13:16
Wow, thats a good idea!

SilentEye
04-05-04, 13:19
Hey,

You know I never thought of this and I absolutely agree on the fact that this is wrong.
They should absolutely take this out somehow. Maybe they could not allowe LE runners to repair vehicles, but of course this would alter to much for if a runner drives somewhere etc.

Damn, I'm trying to think of a solution here and I just can't think of anything.
Bad, very bad.

Regards,
Silent

SorkZmok
04-05-04, 13:19
Wow, thats a good idea!
Its not, its exploiting.

MkVenner
04-05-04, 13:24
Thats what I thought, maybe make remote rep tools like a weapon, Le'd runners cant rep UN LE'd vehicals and vica versa, tho then all u gotta do is let the UN LE'd runner just jump out...

uber java
04-05-04, 13:26
That I think should be done, Vehicles can only be repaired by someone else while the driver of the vehicle is still inside. If the driver is a LE'd driver, only LE'd runners can repair the vehicle. If the driver is not LE'd, then only non-LE'd runners should be able to repair the vehicle.

MkVenner
04-05-04, 13:31
that'd work but is it implementable (sp? lol)

WebShock
04-05-04, 13:32
wow thats really lame.

either take the LE out of the game OR
make LE chars killable in warzones. Same tg lamers use LE scouts that dont need obliterators, they just stand around blatantly giving out troop movements on OOC and trade chat.

that or make it so that you cant use a high end repair tool with a LE in. not to many high end repairers with LE's in.

/edit: i really like uber java's idea.

*Dazz*
04-05-04, 13:32
That's pretty low, I'm surprised I haven't seen that on Uranus yet with some of the clans we got

SilentEye
04-05-04, 13:34
make LE chars killable in warzones.
This is the best idea I have ever heard! And I am not being sarcastic here.

It would be a super thing as the 'Law Enforcer' would not work outside the walls of Neocron!

Dude, you just made the best suggestion I have ever heard, super small, and rocking.

Silent

SilentEye
04-05-04, 13:35
That's pretty low, I'm surprised I haven't seen that on Uranus yet with some of the clans we got

I can only hope you are not talking about the Ghetto.

WebShock
04-05-04, 13:35
its too bad the mods will see this as an exploit topic and lock it and moderate it to hell and back.

well if they do that at least let kk know the level of lameness some ppl have to resort to on saturn to keep the map.

MkVenner
04-05-04, 13:36
Yeah why would LEs need to be in Warzones, there the PvP zones...granted theres good hunting in them but theres good hunting elsewhere

jernau
04-05-04, 13:40
Just add an LE flag to all vehicles and make all activities related to themonly work if the flag-state matches, even being a passenger.

This in not the only way to exploit vehicles and LEs atm or even a new one.

@Webshock - LEs not working in warzones :wtf: :lol: :rolleyes:

WebShock
04-05-04, 13:42
what do mean LE flag?

and why not disable the LE in a warzone? do you think its a good idea for this to be happening?

why do ppl always like to snipe and troll on these forums? How about just discussing a topic.

i mean i totally think your idea sucks but im not taking a shot at you for it.

Oath
04-05-04, 13:45
Le is for noobs *has a pe with a LE in O_o*

*Dazz*
04-05-04, 13:46

Nah, I was referring to other ones ^^

extract
04-05-04, 13:55
It would be a super thing as the 'Law Enforcer' would not work outside the walls of Neocron

and Im sure everyone would be ok with this if there were actually decent hunting within NC, but as long as wbs, and chaos caves are around it will never happen

Ransom
04-05-04, 13:59
I agree totally that LE runners should be killable in warzones. However I don't think it should be impossible for an LE runner to repair vehicles, simply because if an LE player was wandering around using his hovertech, solo hunting, they should be able to repair their own vehicle. Perhaps if the LE could not target a vehicle with a none LE player in it that could work, it would at least make it more difficult to exploit this situation.

Ransom

naimex
04-05-04, 14:00
thatīs low...

I like the idea about LEs not working outside of neocron city...

or at least not working in OP zones..

jernau
04-05-04, 14:01
what do mean LE flag? A variable in the program set to "1" or "0" where "1" means LE owner and "0" means non-LE. Then if the flag is "1" only LEd runners can drive/ride/shoot from/repair it. A vehicle flagged "1" will also never take damage from players.

and why not disable the LE in a warzone? do you think its a good idea for this to be happening?Because the LE disables PvP. It's really not a very difficult idea to grasp. Making it only sometimes work and particularly making it not work near GRs which act as lamer magnets already is stupid.

why do ppl always like to snipe and troll on these forums? How about just discussing a topic.

i mean i totally think your idea sucks but im not taking a shot at you for it.You didn't even know what my idea meant so wtf are you on about? If I was short with you it's because I'm sick of the "I want to grief and I'll throw a tantrum if I can't" attitude of some players in this game. I'm not saying you are one but your post certainly read that way.

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 14:06
That I think should be done, Vehicles can only be repaired by someone else while the driver of the vehicle is still inside. If the driver is a LE'd driver, only LE'd runners can repair the vehicle. If the driver is not LE'd, then only non-LE'd runners should be able to repair the vehicle.

Then you would just see LE'd drivers and LE'd reppers. Only non LE'd would be the gunner. There has always been a problem with LE'd runners at OP fights. Nothing new here.

Slaughter

naimex
04-05-04, 14:11
youīre right..

the LE has to go.

(would make perfect sense.....)

LE : Ha, you canīt kill me
non-le pulls gun
Non-LE : WTF !! I canīt target you, youīre right infront of me, but I canīt target you.
non-LE shoots
Non-LE : WTF !! I canīt hurt you.
LE : hahahahahaha

(The LE is great if you just want to be a trader or whatever, but it kinda takes a part of the realism away (i know, i know, its a game))

Personally, I donīt think I have ever had an LE in a char for more than max 1 hour (LE-deplantation is the first thing I do when I create a char, I hate it....)

WebShock
04-05-04, 14:12
A variable in the program set to "1" or "0" where "1" means LE owner and "0" means non-LE. Then if the flag is "1" only LEd runners can drive/ride/shoot from/repair it. A vehicle flagged "1" will also never take damage from players.

Because the LE disables PvP. It's really not a very difficult idea to grasp. Making it only sometimes work and particularly making it not work near GRs which act as lamer magnets already is stupid.

You didn't even know what my idea meant so wtf are you on about? If I was short with you it's because I'm sick of the "I want to grief and I'll throw a tantrum if I can't" attitude of some players in this game. I'm not saying you are one but your post certainly read that way.see the whole flag this is better explained here and it makes sense now, it didnt before. not all of us out there are code geeks.
i think le's should be completely disabled in warzones because LE have no purpose in warzones (exactly what you say, a pvp area)
why would a char that doesnt want to pvp even be in the same vicinity as a warzone? its just that, a place to pvp. It makes no sense to me. There are loads of other places the LE chars can go to do their thing.

If my post seems like im griefing its just your POOR interpretation. I am in no way griefing you or anyone else. Put the chip on your shoulder on the ground and walk away slowly. You will see that you wont get all huffy and puffy over something so trivial.

sir retail
04-05-04, 14:15
sorry guys but i don't agree.

i dont have LE chars but i just dont agree.

1. Warzone not safe for LE = how the F. should they go to huntingzones when ppl are gonne pk them at the G.Reps.. or do they have to take only nutral G.reps? not a good idea.

2. The idea of having a LE repair during war i just verry good thinking of someone. I never come up with that idea. It is a possibility in the game so use it.. BOTH SIDES CAN USE IT !!!. so there is no differens on sides.
maybe ppl gone use vehicles more in the game.. at last. Most of the time there are used for leveling or transport. it gives the game more possibilities. Dont forget the LE repairguys is a player. Its more of a good team work than..

3. i think a game needs to be changed only when there are bugs. Or possibilities to upgrade the engine..

Take the best out of possibilitys and dont make neocron like a rally game where you only can drive on the road..

greets.

naimex
04-05-04, 14:17

1. Warzone not safe for LE = how the F. should they go to huntingzones when ppl are gonne pk them at the G.Reps.. or do they have to take only nutral G.reps? not a good idea.

2. The idea of having a LE repair during war i just verry good thinking of someone. I never come up with that idea. It is a possibility in the game so use it.. BOTH SIDES CAN USE IT !!!. so there is no differens on sides.
maybe ppl gone use vehicles more in the game.. at last. Most of the time there are used for leveling or transport. it gives the game more possibilities. Dont forget the LE repairguys is a player. Its more of a good team work than..

3. i think a game needs to be changed only when there are bugs. Or possibilities to upgrade the engine..

Take the best out of possibilitys and dont make neocron like a rally game where you only can drive on the road..

greets.

the problem is, how you gonna kill a rhino, that does more dmg, than 2 capped apus combined, that regains health faster than you can take it off it, and you canīt kill the repair dude ?

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 14:19

greets.

The point i hope you missed is the fact that this is a really lame and dirty tactic. Some factions/clans have always used LE'd runners to checkout other forces. I myself prefer a oblit using spy at least he can still die. Using the LE like that is not cool.

Slaughter

SilentEye
04-05-04, 14:20
"Anti-LE-Stun-Grenades" get the idea?

Deactivate someones LE!

onCollision==lawEnforce(0) <-- Does this look like a real code? lol

ou7blaze
04-05-04, 14:21
Yes this is a good idea, LE not working in Warzone.

Exactly how can LAW be enforced in a WAR zone o_O

Btw Silenteye do u play on Uranus with the name *Silent* or something...

jernau
04-05-04, 14:22
and i think le's should be completely disabled in warzones because LE have no purpose in warzones (exactly what you say, a pvp area)
what does a char who doesnt want to pvp even be in the same vicinity as others? It makes no sense to me.
What? So LEs should only get 4 wasteland GRs? Lose out on half the worldmap and levelling spots? Warzones are not purely for PvP. LEs have as much right to be there as in any other sector.

If my post seems like im greifing its just your POOR interpretation. I am in no way griefing you or anyone else. Put the chip on your shoulder on the ground and walk away slowly. You will see that you wont get all huffy and puffy over something so trivial.
Web - I've seen enough of your posts to have a fair idea of your opinions on LEs and I disagree with them. How you personally act in-game I can't say but I do know the majority of people who speak out on here the way you do are asshats who only want LEs removed so they can kill 0/2s until the game has no players left in it at all. FYI I don't use an LE and never have but I do think those that do use them have as much right to enjoy the game as those of us who don't.
They pay the price for their safety and pointing at a minority who abuse it (usually these are alts of PvP characters) makes no sense at all. When non-LEs were exploiting to kill LEs for over a year no-one suggested removing PvP until it was fixed because that's dumb.

naimex
04-05-04, 14:23

With force, weapons and a shitload of peeps...

sir retail
04-05-04, 14:23
the problem is, how you gonna kill a rhino, that does more dmg, than 2 capped apus combined, that regains health faster than you can take it off it, and you canīt kill the repair dude ?

like also with a rhino?
i think that will take it down quicker than the repairguy can repair.
if that is not the fact.. okey than the repair should take a little bit longer.

thats my compromise.

my point is that i dont think they schould always change things becouse ppl think of smart moves to do a better job at doing anything. It takes other ppl also to think out better stuff to solve that again. it keeps things interresting

ou7blaze
04-05-04, 14:24
youīre right..

the LE has to go.

(would make perfect sense.....)

LE : Ha, you canīt kill me
non-le pulls gun
Non-LE : WTF !! I canīt target you, youīre right infront of me, but I canīt target you.
non-LE shoots
Non-LE : WTF !! I canīt hurt you.
LE : hahahahahaha

(The LE is great if you just want to be a trader or whatever, but it kinda takes a part of the realism away (i know, i know, its a game))

Personally, I donīt think I have ever had an LE in a char for more than max 1 hour (LE-deplantation is the first thing I do when I create a char, I hate it....)

How about let's make LE only available for trade skillers or make the requirements that it automatically deactivates after ranking 30/30 for example.

Please dont flame me only a suggestion :angel:

BramTops
04-05-04, 14:25
Remove the LE effect from warzones... has been said many times. Or remove it when the runner comes near an OP (but don't know if it's possible with current engine - and would take the dev's some time to place the "bariers" arround the OP's)

And I'm all for it... There are plenty of places you hunt with your LE in (caves and such are NOT warzones!). And if you are so desperate that you really want to hunt in warzones (dont see why), just take the freakin LE out...

The LE is there if you dont want to participate in PvP.... If you do participate in PvP (either directly or indirectly) the LE should simply NOT WORK!!!

People should stop wanting everything.

Glok
04-05-04, 14:28
Or remove it when the runner comes near an OP (but don't know if it's possible with current engine - and would take the dev's some time to place the "bariers" arround the OP's)Turrets can only be placed near the OP right? That code could easily be reworked to do this.

SorkZmok
04-05-04, 14:28

greets.

1. NC, Techhaven, Tg, Military Base, Red Point, Battle Dome, El Farid, Escador and with the next patch the Racetrack. I have to say i really like the idea of the LE disabled in Warzones. I REALLY DO!

2. Its a bug that should be fixed. LE and Non-Le should NOT be abled to work together in terms of PvP. So how can it be ok if you CANT kill the guy repairing the Rhino making it invulnerable??

3. For me thats a bug as ppl are not ment to be abled to do it. And anyway, you think this game should stay imbalanced? Cause balancing cant really be called bug-fixing or updating...

SilentEye
04-05-04, 14:29
Yes this is a good idea, LE not working in Warzone.

Btw Silenteye do u play on Uranus with the name *Silent* or something...

*Silent* is a friend of ours, I am SilentEye.

jernau
04-05-04, 14:30
Remove the LE effect from warzones... has been said many times. Or remove it when the runner comes near an OP (but don't know if it's possible with current engine - and would take the dev's some time to place the "bariers" arround the OP's)
They could use the same criteria they use for where you can lay turrets. That would seem reasonable as long as they put gogus in the GR buildings. Then all they miss out on is some vendors.

And I'm all for it... There are plenty of places you hunt with your LE in (caves and such are NOT warzones!). And if you are so desperate that you really want to hunt in warzones (dont see why), just take the freakin LE out...
The problem is that to reach those zones you have to GR into a warzone and/or run through warzones. GR-camping is not exactly rare already.

WebShock
04-05-04, 14:31
What? So LEs should only get 4 wasteland GRs? Lose out on half the worldmap and levelling spots? Warzones are not purely for PvP. LEs have as much right to be there as in any other sector.

Web - I've seen enough of your posts to have a fair idea of your opinions on LEs and I disagree with them. How you personally act in-game I can't say but I do know the majority of people who speak out on here the way you do are asshats who only want LEs removed so they can kill 0/2s until the game has no players left in it at all. FYI I don't use an LE and never have but I do think those that do use them have as much right to enjoy the game as those of us who don't.
They pay the price for their safety and pointing at a minority who abuse it (usually these are alts of PvP characters) makes no sense at all. When non-LEs were exploiting to kill LEs for over a year no-one suggested removing PvP until it was fixed because that's dumb.

what are you on about?
this is the first time i speak out about LE's

You are being judgemental.

anyway lets get back on topic

You wont be taking the the GR's away from the LE char. They will still be using it. OMG, they have to take a little risk? ONOZ! its the end of life as we know it!
Come on dude, this is a blantant exploit. If there arent enough neutral GR's for the LE player to get where they want to go perhaps this is a sign that we need more neutral GR's

I suppose thats another topic.

One last thing, I dont kill noobs. I see no point in it. I only kill ppl who in my opinion deserve to be killed. Not everyone around here is a griefer.

Original monk
04-05-04, 14:35
GR-camping is not exactly rare already.

who genreps anyway ? ya cant go nowhere lol, they all close em :eek:

ow you mean those few neutral ones :)

genreprules is the stupidest change fo this game since hybridnerf, loms and rares ...

naimex
04-05-04, 14:36
If there arent enough neutral GR's for the LE player to get where they want to go perhaps this is a sign that we need more neutral GR's

on the contrary...

we should have small settlements in the wasteland..

only 8 ops or so in total

and only a GR in the biggest of the wasteland settlements.

(as it is now, theres a million things in each sector... and almost as many ops as there are sectors.....)

IceStorm
04-05-04, 14:37
Turning off the LE in Warzones removes 37 of the 42 or so wasteland GR points. It would leave only Point Red, Crest Village, Battle Dome, El Farid, and Escador Oasis. Canyon Reload Point is in a Warzone and the Desert Racetrack GR doesn't exist yet and I won't believe it's there until I've used it myself (they've promised, and failed to deliver it, for three patches or so).

That's four GRs out of the 42 that exist on the map. Thanks, but no.

Report the exploit if you think it's an exploit, find another way to deal with the problem, but turning off the PvP switch in certain zones isn't the answer.

(as it is now, theres a million things in each sector... and almost as many ops as there are sectors.....)
Wrong.

The world is a 15-sector-wide by 11-sector-tall map. That's 165 total sectors.

- 41 contain GRs (Cycrow and CRP are in the same sector)
- 36 contain absolutely no shoreline (there are some that have a teeny bit of shoreline, but still some)
- 7 contain city entrances/exits
- There are roughly 15 that contain things other than GRs (GGs, cave entrances)

There are 129 sectors that contain passable terrain. 36 of those are op sectors. It's roughly a 4.5 to 1 ratio of open sectors to op sectors, not 1 to 1 as you suggest.

There is a lot of empty space on the map that has nothing in it.

WebShock
04-05-04, 14:38
read back to what i said jernau, disable the LE in a warzone, not take it out entirely. Seems only fair to me.

Do you find it fair to have an OP blocked by a big ass tank with god mode since the LE cant be killed and all he does is stand there with a rep tool in hand.?

jernau
04-05-04, 14:38
You wont be taking the the GR's away from the LE char. They will still be using it. OMG, they have to take a little risk? ONOZ! its the end of life as we know it!
The whole purpose and only advantage of the LE is to completely remove that risk. Would you want your combat implants to have a 20% chance of de-activating every time you zone.

Come on dude, this is a blantant exploit.Wrt the vehicle thing - yes, of course. I never said otherwise.

If there arent enough neutral GR's for the LE player to get where they want to go perhaps this is a sign that we need more neutral GR's

I suppose thats another topic.
Well more GRs would make an already small game-area even smaller. Another topic though as you say....

One last thing, I dont kill noobs. I see no point in it. I only kill ppl who in my opinion deserve to be killed. Not everyone around here is a griefer.Fair enough.

superfresh
04-05-04, 14:40
Aye, changing the way repair works would just open up a can of worms (would it also mean LE'd runners can't poke non-LE'd runners?).

The solution to this and other problems would be, as said, make LE's null and void in war zones.

SorkZmok
04-05-04, 14:43
Turning off the LE in Warzones removes 35 of the 39 or so wasteland GR points. It would leave only Point Red, Crest Village, El Farid, and Escador Oasis. Canyon Reload Point is in a Warzone and the Desert Racetrack GR doesn't exist yet and I won't believe it's there until I've used it myself (they've promised, and failed to deliver it, for three patches or so).

That's four GRs out of the 39-odd that exist on the map. Thanks, but no.

Report the exploit if you think it's an exploit, find another way to deal with the problem, but turning off the PvP switch in certain zones isn't the answer.
Most of the time you cant use genreps anyway and end up using a free one nyway. At least i do. Also you have to count in TH, MB, TG.
And theres vehicles (Yes, thats what this thread is actually about) too.
Firemobs? Either go from Escador or the soon to be Racetrack GR. Or TG.
Warbots? Battle Dome, MB.
Doy Bots? Escador, El Farid.
Hoverbots? TH.
Swampcave or a Batcave? Easy to get to from Red Point or Techhaven. Theres also one quite close to the Battledome.
The only one you miss is the Cave at CRP.

I just cant see the problem with this.

jernau
04-05-04, 14:44
read back to what i said jernau, disable the LE in a warzone, not take it out entirely. Seems only fair to me. I read it and I disagree. I can't see any way that it can be called fair.

Do you find it fair to have an OP blocked by a big ass tank with god mode since the LE cant be killed and all he does is stand there with a rep tool in hand.?Exploits are exploits. Just because this one involves the LE is no reason to remove it. Would you also remove GOGUs, SMGs, VK armour, TL3 heals & sanctum spells? All of these have had related exploits at one time or another. Almost every other aspect of the game has probably been linked to an exploit as some point. Fixing > removing IMO.

WebShock
04-05-04, 14:45
Turning off the LE in Warzones removes 35 of the 39 or so wasteland GR points. It would leave only Point Red, Crest Village, El Farid, and Escador Oasis. Canyon Reload Point is in a Warzone and the Desert Racetrack GR doesn't exist yet and I won't believe it's there until I've used it myself (they've promised, and failed to deliver it, for three patches or so).

That's four GRs out of the 39-odd that exist on the map. Thanks, but no.

Report the exploit if you think it's an exploit, find another way to deal with the problem, but turning off the PvP switch in certain zones isn't the answer.icestorm, because you choose not to use that warzone gr doesnt mean the gr is disabled entirely. Its a decision you would make.

Because you decide you dont want to use that gr does not mean the gr is not useable.

on another note, when something is used to benefit someone in a manner that another person cannot hold the same advantage equally, its an exploit. When you use the game mechanics in a manner that you arent supposed to to gain an advantage, thats not part of the game, its called cheating.
Sure I could do the same but tell me something, would that justify it?
NO
2 wrongs dont make a right.

Even if they set the LE to cut off in a similar manner that the turrets currently work on, it still wouldnt solve the problem. All that LE has to do is launch a scout drone or use a sniper rifle to see whats goign on. All this with god mode on.
There are several problems with the LE in warzones.

Again, LE has no place in a PVP area. That is what a warzone is. Whats to worry about getting ganked at a gr anyway. not like you would drop a belt anyway.

Original monk
04-05-04, 14:45
Well more GRs would make an already small game-area even smaller. Another topic though as you say....

why dont they yust completely remove the genreprules like it was before ? what the use of closing everything down ???

defending youre op ? ... the ones genrepping in are the stupid ones ... cause veryone knows there is always a clanmember guarding the genrep during an opwar (this is before the stupid genreprules) ... i think those rules are made up to scare people away, especially beginners/noobs ...

buy a game and ya cant go nowhere ... and no im not a factionhopper so i dont hop faction everytime a new "superfaction" exists...

the moneybonus a clan gets for the use of there genreps didnt really work out ...

in entropia ya can genrep everywhere ... you know what a great feeling that was ?

and dont even start about those stupid vehicules ...

shitrules

jernau
04-05-04, 14:50
Possibly one or two too many topics for the thread there Original ;).

I do kinda agree though. IMO there should be a compromise for OP GR's where opening them up offers advantages to the owning clan.

Crest
04-05-04, 14:51
An idea .. not reading all the threads though ... make it that if any skill reaches 100 your LE is in-effective ... and then make the Req's for repairing 101 for all vehicles .... So if LE is repairing a 101 (Mebbe Buffs) he is a walking target.....

IceStorm
04-05-04, 14:59
icestorm, because you choose not to use that warzone gr doesnt mean the gr is disabled entirely. Its a decision you would make.
The choice I made was to opt-out of PvP. That directly impacts the way I build my characters, their resists, their implant setup, etc. Losing one brain slot is a big deal.

I am regularly shot at by people when I'm out hunting, or after I GR to a hunting location. I have decided, using the options available to me, to opt out of that stupidity.

Because you decide you dont want to use that gr does not mean the gr is not useable.
It's not a question of want. Of my three characters, only one has half a chance of withstanding a CS burst, and that one has no ability to fight back. This is directly tied to my choice of implants which is limited because I use LEs.

I opted out of PvP. It's that simple. No player, anywhere, anytime, can kill me. Mobs and NPCs are the only things that have that ability. That's the game I've chosen to play for the past two and a half years or so.

I do not want that taken away from me. It's KK's decision how they deal with this. I expect, like the TL3 heal and the resurrection-killing, that they will leave it in. It's a tactic, not an exploit.

WebShock
04-05-04, 15:05
i see your point ice storm

its sad that ppl need to resort to exploiting to actually have fun.

still, this needs to be fixed. The issue at hand is not very pleasing. I also think that mass punishment to all of those who dont exploit the le rules shouldnt have to suffer due to the lame few.

Most GR's are locked anyway, you make it seem like LE's of any faction can LE anywhere. that surely isnt the case here.

How do you think the non LE chars of a enemy faction to the owner of the op feel?
especually when that that owner is a super clan that owns almost the whole map. it sucks for them too.

This whole tank thing is really out of order.

winnoc
Ok, so far i agree with one thing.

Reusing the code for turrets as a barrier for LE to work.
This way they can't just stand inside an op an report what's going on, they can still go outside and see part of the people in local.

No more repairs being done by le'd runners inside the op, however, the problem remains that the attackers can still do this (guard the gates against outbreak of defenders).

Seems like within the current code and rules there's no solid solution.
I'm not for removing the LE at all, and the people who suggest this should go and try to level up a new char, without help from alts or letting people know who you are. Then imagine you're new to the game.
You'll notice why i'm sure a lot of new players get turned away from the game, and hell, they don't even know where to level and what the best weapons are etc.....

Strych9
I think LEs should be in the game... and if you disable them in warzones you might as well remove them. Thus I am against disabling them in warzones.

If you disable them in warzones, what about making everyone not allowed to kill any other runner at all in hunting zones? Bet you wouldnt be fond of that, eh?

Back to the subject- the exploit of having LE repairers fix vehicles.

1. We want all runners to be able to fix their own vehicles.
2. We want to stop non-LE runners from having LE runners repair vehicles and block op entrances...

So what about this?

A. A runner can only repair a vehicle that THEY own.
B. Make LE runner vehicles "ghosts" to non-LE runners.

Problem solved.

Then everyone can repair their own vehicle, but if a LE runner parks their vehicle at an op entrance, it doesnt effect the non-LE runners AT ALL.

Not sure how easy/hard this would be to code... and it would ALSO have the side effect of stopping runners from destroying the vehicles of LE runners (which some people dont think should be able to happen anyway).

Sure, this maybe isnt realistic- but it really ONLY comes into play when a LE runners tries to abuse their LE and interact with non-LE runners.

Babes
04-05-04, 15:06
OK the idea of a LE char repairing NON LE Rhinos in a OP WAR has got to be an Exploit.

1) Dont Deactivate LE in warzone ...its fine except for lamers that exploit it.

2) KK should think of a way to Fix the Exploit.

If Owner of Rhino is LE...Only LE people can use it and repair it.

If OWner of Rhino is Non LE ...Only People with NO LE can use is and repair it.

No sharing of Viechles between and LE and Non-LE. Simple

WebShock
04-05-04, 15:09
I expect, like the TL3 heal and the resurrection-killing, that they will leave it in. It's a tactic, not an exploit.How in the world is the non le tank gunner with a le repairer on the tank a tactic?
You off your rocker?

even if the tank has no gunner its still an exploit. because the tank effective becomes a inpenetrable wall that is constantly repaired by a player who cant be killed.

Non LE gunner with a LE repairer is the equivilant of me having god mode on and a mana pool of a million with a rof and damage capped holy lightning. eventually you will go down and ill just sit there laughing.

Its a dirty nasty filthy exploit.

sir retail
04-05-04, 15:09
okey if repair would go slower for a LE runner would that not solve the problem..

ppl can still play that runner so help in wars even when the are not pvp at the moment. The vehicle will last a bit longer so there is the advantage. But it can be distroyed... and like is sad before.. both sides can use that advantage..

it is an extra use for a char..

BUT DONT CHANGE THE LE.. it is made to be what it is.
there are a lot of players that are not interessted into PvP.
let them also have fun. everywhere on the world.

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

IceStorm
04-05-04, 15:10
How in the world is this a tactic?
It's a tactic because it isn't labeled an exploit by KK. They make the rules, I'm just pointing out the distinction they've made...

A. A runner can only repair a vehicle that THEY own.
The whole "mechanic profession" goes down the tubes.

B. Make LE runner vehicles "ghosts" to non-LE runners.
LE'd tank driver with an LE'd repair buddy ruins the plan, although I guess the gunner position is one of the big problems. I've heard variations on how LE affects damage output. I know when I drive I can't hurt anyone, but I'm the one doing the shooting from the combat vehicles.

Has anyone tried using fire/anti-vehicle weapons en masse on a vehicle that is being repaired? Not sure if you're aware, but vehicles are extremely vulnerable to fire and I think one other form of damage. I don't recall which patch notes off the top of my head list this change, though. If you combined that with a rule that vehicles can't be repaired while people are in them, that may help...

WebShock
04-05-04, 15:13
icestorm why are you so set on justifing this exploit?

this is a problem that needs to be fixed, not something that needs an alternative solution. read my prior post.

naimex
04-05-04, 15:15

this is a problem that needs to be fixed, not something that needs an alternative solution. read my prior post.

he was the leīed repairer :eek:

*runs away*

(J/K)

IceStorm
04-05-04, 15:15
I'm not, I'm set on steering people away from using the anti-LE argument as a fix.

And I already said, make it so that vehicles cannot be repaired when people are in them... That turns the rhino into an annoying, difficult to move obstacle instead of a fire-breathing mobile turret.

The code's already there. Haven't you tried to repair your vehicles while sitting in them from an ASG? You can't. It has to be dismissed first...

superfresh
04-05-04, 15:22
Altering the way tradeskilling works between LE'd and non-LE'd runners seems messy. I have a repper who did some decent business fixing cars...

Then again with the GR system I see how LE'd runners would want access to warzones.

Making it so that vehicles cannot be repaired when someone is in them sounds good. And maybe even that the repper must be in possession of the key to the vehicle to do so (vehicle use and repair both require dex so no one would be great at both).

Strych9
04-05-04, 15:25
The whole "mechanic profession" goes down the tubes.Been playing the game since beta, and never seen a "professional mechanic" offering service or anything.

I have seen constructors that also repair and offer service... but certainly no dedicated repairers that service vehicles at ops and such.

However that could be remedied by saying that

"LE runners can only repair vehicles that they own."

Then the "mechanic profession" still exists for people without an LE. Still... I dont see that as a big problem here.
LE'd tank driver with an LE'd repair buddy ruins the plan, although I guess the gunner position is one of the big problems. I've heard variations on how LE affects damage output. I know when I drive I can't hurt anyone, but I'm the one doing the shooting from the combat vehicles.How does that ruin anything? If a LE wants to repair a vehicle, they must own that vehicle. And if they own it, it is incapable of disrupting the game flow of non-LE runners.

What exactly is the problem?

MkVenner
04-05-04, 15:30
The only problem with people can only repair vehicals that they own is that not every one that owns a vehical can repair, and on 1 char server no one will be able to gbet the vehicals repaired without sinking a shit-load of points into it

IceStorm
04-05-04, 15:34
but certainly no dedicated repairers that service vehicles at ops and such.
I've heard of people that do it. Just because it isn't common doesn't mean it should stay that way.

How does that ruin anything?
I wasn't sure if people were pissed off that someone could park a boulder in front of an op entrance or if they were pissed off about the damage dealt and the repair person being able to out-repair them. Both are a bit annoying.

I'm not in favor of more rules that divide the game the way the PPU buff rules have. Given a choice between no-occupant repair and LE/non-LE separation of repairs, I'd opt for not being able to repair something while it's manned.

And I still think people don't try hard enough. Fire-stuff near TG really puts the hurt on my Rhinos...

WebShock
04-05-04, 15:59
unoccupied repair still does not solve the issue where a LE runner or 2 LE runners repairing one tank makes the tank obstacle have god mode.
there are 2 issues here and i am addressing them both.

The whole point in making the LE disabled in this situation makes it so you can kill the LE repair dude and kill the tank.

Now, if they didnt have LE in and had ppu strapped to their ass i wouldnt complain. That is a valid tactic.

Using a LE to repair a tank thats blocking your entrance is clearly a exploit, why you dont see that is beyond me.

Oath
04-05-04, 16:04
You shouldnt be able to remotely repair a fucking tank anyway, make it repairable at the garage only.

Think about it before you open your yaps :p

IceStorm
04-05-04, 16:06
unoccupied repair still does not solve the issue where a LE runner or 2 LE runners repairing one tank makes the tank obstacle have god mode.More than one person can repair a tank at the same time? Fix it so only one can. Obstacle? Move it, although to be honest I'll have to try moving a Rhino around with a Reveler or another Rhino to see if that works. I know my vehicles have slid after I've parked them, so it appears to be possible...

Using a LE to repair a tank thats blocking your entrance is clearly a exploit, why you dont see that is beyond me.
Until KK says something is an exploit, it isn't. It's that simple.

Original monk
04-05-04, 16:11

dont be an ass lol

example: when i find a way to exploit millions at a time every few minutes ... for example with stocks ... like the 10nc stock bug in beta ...

then i am according to you: not exploiting !

unless KK find out and puts it in an official thread or sumthing ?

hehe: bullshit

edit: tank blocking entrance at OP with LE-er repping = HAXX BANN EXPLOIT LAME HAXX

Scikar
04-05-04, 16:18
Utterly lame exploit (and I do believe this is covered).

Solution is easy. Don't have to punish LE users at all. Just make it so a vehicle which has taken damage in the last 30 seconds cannot be repaired, so you cannot repair a vehicle under fire. How often do you see tank crews stood on the outside of their tank fixing it while getting shot by enemies? This solution doesn't harm LE users at all and still gets rid of the exploit.

Crest
04-05-04, 16:19
More than one person can repair a tank at the same time? Fix it so only one can. Obstacle? Move it, although to be honest I'll have to try moving a Rhino around with a Reveler or another Rhino to see if that works. I know my vehicles have slid after I've parked them, so it appears to be possible...

I feel for LE's, Mainly cause you got some true guys out there who play the game for the other enjoyments and not PVP. At the same time,it only takes a few to take advantage of grey areas before it is prevented.

Ice as mush as you are correct, KK havent branded this an exploit (Yet) , and all. I am sure even you would agree that Non LE Players should not have an advantage over LE players no matter the reason, Having a LE player assisting in what they claim not to want to have part in .... Thats wrong ...

Either you want to partake in PVP and Op Wars or you don't.

Mebbe a op war option in Hyper term, where you go to a hyper term and claim a war against the op.
By doing this a warning to all LE's would be sent out that this will turn into a true war zone and they have 60 second to vacate the area, Any LE entering the area gets a warning that it is a warzone and have 60 seconds to vacate before they can become targeted....60second later their LE status is gone...

Using this declaration last for either 15 minutes or until op has been captured.

this could also be used to prevent ninja hacking to a degree mebbe. Like if you have declared and lost the declaration 3 times your clan can not declare war on a op or hack a op within the next 6 hours. Since there many ops, you could try another one ...

Jut an Idea, but it gives LE's a chance to stay protected, and if they assist in Op wars they die ......

also then if a LE player dies in a op war he should drop a belt for being there when he should not be ...(No safe slots)

Read this here if you think its not an exploit

http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=195

Official from KK
I quote

An exploit is the deliberate misuse of weaknesses or bugs in game features for personal advantage.

Players that knowingly and continually use exploits have to expect a permanent ban of their Neocron account or accounts. A permanent forum ban will also be imposed.

Now you ask your self if any of the follwing questions apply here

Is there a misuse of weaknesses
Is there a bugs in game features
Does it offer personal advantage.

Answer is no not a weakness as its a feature
Yes Misuse of feature (feature is god Mode amongst other players, while helping some to gain adv over others), yes gives advantage to players .... EXPLOIT IT IS

IceStorm
04-05-04, 16:27
then i am according to you: not exploiting !

unless KK find out and puts it in an official thread or sumthing ?
I didn't say official thread. If this thread were to dissappear, then one could presume that's KK's way of saying, "it's an exploit". Until then, it's a tactic, just like TL3 heal, just like resskilling, just like LE op spying, just like dead body spying...
I am sure even you would agree that Non LE Players should not have an advantage over LE players no matter the reason
Huh? All non-LE players have advantages over LE players, the most obvious one being that fouth brain slot.
Either you want to partake in PVP and Op Wars or you don't. It's a PvP switch. It is not an "Op War" switch.

By doing this a warning to all LE's would be sent out that this will turn into a true war zone and they have 60 second to vacate the area,Not acceptable to me. I have opted out of PvP. I did not agree to "timeshare" zones with the vast majority. You're effectively telling me not to play Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (when Pluto's map changes hands, from what I've seen).

The LE is a PvP switch. That's all it is. I'll argue against any attempt to change that. Find another solution to the problem - the LE isn't it.

Players that knowingly and continually use exploits
To me, that says someone has to be aware they're exploiting. Who determines that "awareness"? To me, it's KK. If a Player sees someone doing something that can be considered an exploit, they should report it. If KK does nothing/says nothing to that player, then it isn't an exploit. If a GM sees a player and does nothing/says nothing, it isn't an exploit.

There is only one group of people who can label something an exploit in this game: KK. Until then, it's a tactic, just like all the other lame tactics that have, to-date, not been listed as exploits. This one is no different than those...

Crest
04-05-04, 16:32
The LE is a PvP switch. That's all it is.

U R so Right on this .... Op Wars is a polite tea party where we can have a civil cup of tea and darn those LE's who wont go get us a cuppa, we would have to boo them ....

No Op Wars are not PvP of the mass intruments ... anyone for some earl grey

not been listed as exploits

Wheres this list again...so I can check that my playing is not an exploit ?

WebShock
04-05-04, 16:32
pwned

thanx crest... you said it way better than i did.

ggnore kthxbye

lol the funny part is that he doesnt realize he has lost the argument.

Archeus
04-05-04, 16:33

Exactly. Just report them. Failing that get an anti-tank gun and see if they can outheal that (trust me its impossible). Even 3-4 people repairing the tank isn't going to outheal a single anti-tank gun. Even if the rhino is moving they have to stop to repair.

Crest
04-05-04, 16:38
My concern out of all this though ... tonight your gonna have 4 spies and 4 tanks holding an op against 40 masses .... how ...

Put the Rhinos at entrance and stealthing spies dropping turrets then repairing ... its sad but someones creative thinking will result in ops not being contested ...

Me wonders can LE's also drop turrets ... hey then you dont need a stealth spy ... just get 1 hi level tank who can carry 6 turrets at a time

Jadzia Eleazar
04-05-04, 16:42
Having read the thread I'd say this is the best solution:

OK the idea of a LE char repairing NON LE Rhinos in a OP WAR has got to be an Exploit.

1) Dont Deactivate LE in warzone ...its fine except for lamers that exploit it.

2) KK should think of a way to Fix the Exploit.

If Owner of Rhino is LE...Only LE people can use it and repair it.

If OWner of Rhino is Non LE ...Only People with NO LE can use is and repair it.

No sharing of Viechles between and LE and Non-LE. Simple

This would also solve the LE driver + Non-LE gunner issue. AFAIK if the LE driver owns the vehicle and sits in it, it cannot be destroyed. -> Exploit
Having a LE-runner repair your vehicle while a non-LE runner fights with is also an exploit since you can't kill the repairer. So the above solution would be the best, because all others would involve more disadvantages.

PS: And turrets should fire upon LE'd chars and shouldn't be killable by LE chars (which is also an exploit)

WebShock
04-05-04, 16:43
no LE'd players cant drop turrets.

you need to be in the clan that owns the op

Original monk
04-05-04, 16:47
I didn't say official thread. If this thread were to dissappear, then one could presume that's KK's way of saying, "it's an exploit". Until then, it's a tactic, just like TL3 heal, just like resskilling, just like LE op spying, just like dead body spying...

o_O you must be kidding me ?

who are you trying to fool lol ?

why are you defending this exploit by any means ?

ok: i give up, there is no use in discussing this lol

ICESTORM YOU ARE PLAIN WRONG, no discussion possible, end of story ...

im sure if a GM catch anyone doing this (le-repper repping OPblocking rhino) that they get a big fat warning atleast ...

edit: atleast

Crest
04-05-04, 16:47
Thanks Jadzia Eleazar and Babes .... A solution that could just work .... now I hope KK reads through 4 pages of spam and takes a note or 2 .....

Archeus
04-05-04, 16:48
Me wonders can LE's also drop turrets ... hey then you dont need a stealth spy ... just get 1 hi level tank who can carry 6 turrets at a time

No they can't, as you have to be in the clan to drop turrets and you can't do that with an LE in.

AFAIK if the LE driver owns the vehicle and sits in it, it cannot be destroyed. -> Exploit

Yes, you can report the person for doing this and they will most likely get slapped for it. If anyone who is not LE'ed enters the craft then it becomes attackable again.

Having a LE-runner repair your vehicle while a non-LE runner fights with is also an exploit since you can't kill the repairer.

Except as mentioned it would be impossible for the Rhino (or any craft) to be repaired against an anti-tank gun. The only way to combat that weapon is to keep moving. Combat trikes will also cut up a rhino pretty quick.

TBH blocking an entrance with a Rhino to protect your base is pretty stupid.

PS: And turrets should fire upon LE'd chars and shouldn't be killable by LE chars (which is also an exploit)

They do for the first, not sure about the second.

Shadow Dancer
04-05-04, 16:57
It's an exploit. But like Archeus said, there's no way in hell they can "outheal" an anti-tank gun repeatedly hitting the tank while it stays still.

olavski
04-05-04, 17:39
very cunning try O_o

but yes, should be classified by KK as an exploit, no doubt.

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 18:27
It's an exploit. But like Archeus said, there's no way in hell they can "outheal" an anti-tank gun repeatedly hitting the tank while it stays still.

Not true i can out "heal" a anti-vhc rocket launcher with my repper. Was doing it at simmons against some CM scum. After a while the tank got smart and charged in with a ravenger. But i got inside the rhino. Later i crashed and died outside the front of the OP.

Slaughter

Shadow Dancer
04-05-04, 18:30
I guess I was wrong then. :wtf:

I still find it a little hard to believe though, those stupid anti-vhc weapons(you know, because VHCs were used so much they just had to be put in :rolleyes: ) do outrageous damage to vehicles.

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 18:48
I guess I was wrong then. :wtf:

I still find it a little hard to believe though, those stupid anti-vhc weapons(you know, because VHCs were used so much they just had to be put in :rolleyes: ) do outrageous damage to vehicles.

I would be more then happy to show you on saturn. Or even the test server i could make a repper with the same TL i have on retail. With the clip size only 2 rocket by the time he reloads it can be fully repped.

I was also running backwards infront of the rhino repping it as he drove away from the tank. Almost capped CON with just about everything in ATH minus 50 HLT

Archeus
04-05-04, 19:02
Not true i can out "heal" a anti-vhc rocket launcher with my repper. Was doing it at simmons against some CM scum. After a while the tank got smart and charged in with a ravenger. But i got inside the rhino. Later i crashed and died outside the front of the OP.

Slaughter

Bull. A standard shop bought Anti-Vhc (not Anti-Air) launcher can drop a Rhino in 4 direct hits. That's 25% damage when it hits. If you get a constructor to build you a good one then it can drop a Rhino in 2-3 direct hits and in a much shorter amount of time.

That means between shots you would have to be doing 25-50% repairs to the Rhino. It sounds more then likely that they weren't using an Anti-VHC gun or they weren't hitting directly.

The only way to avoid damage is to keep moving the Rhino to get only splash damage or misses, also to keep shooting the Tank holding the weapon to get them to break weapons lock to heal. You might be able to do this if the Rhino is manned but if your just parking a Rhino then you have no chance.

The only other thing I have seen happen (oddly enough around MB areas only) is that the rocket hits but doesn't register on the client. I've had people put numerous rockets into me and doing no damage and when I zoned the Rhino was near destroyed. Another time I had a Tank put 5 rounds into me at point blank range and nothing damage registered, then 3 seconds later the Rhino just exploded into chunky kibbles (server catching up on the damage).

Again that won't save you if you just park the Rhino (which is the whole point of the argument). Actually read your other post and it appears the Rhino was moving while they were attacking.

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 19:14
Bull. A standard shop bought Anti-Vhc (not Anti-Air) launcher can drop a Rhino in 4 direct hits. That's 25% damage when it hits. If you get a constructor to build you a good one then it can drop a Rhino in 2-3 direct hits and in a much shorter amount of time.

That means between shots you would have to be doing 25-50% repairs to the Rhino. It sounds more then likely that they weren't using an Anti-VHC gun or they weren't hitting directly.

The only way to avoid damage is to keep moving the Rhino to get only splash damage or misses, also to keep shooting the Tank holding the weapon to get them to break weapons lock to heal. You might be able to do this if the Rhino is manned but if your just parking a Rhino then you have no chance.

The only other thing I have seen happen (oddly enough around MB areas only) is that the rocket hits but doesn't register on the client. I've had people put numerous rockets into me and doing no damage and when I zoned the Rhino was near destroyed. Another time I had a Tank put 5 rounds into me at point blank range and nothing damage registered, then 3 seconds later the Rhino just exploded into chunky kibbles (server catching up on the damage).

Again that won't save you if you just park the Rhino (which is the whole point of the argument). Actually read your other post and it appears the Rhino was moving while they were attacking.

I dont remember ever saying the the rhino was parked. Oh wait look what i found. Please take your own advice and read the posts.

I was also running backwards infront of the rhino repping it as he drove away from the tank. Almost capped CON with just about everything in ATH minus 50 HLT

Archeus
04-05-04, 19:15
I dont remember ever saying the the rhino was parked. Oh wait look what i found. Please take your own advice and read the posts.

Read my post again. :p Oh and read the posts about people PARKING the rhino to block entrances. kthxbye.

Strych9
04-05-04, 19:16
On the out-healing of an A-V RL... how did you know it was a AV RL instead of just any normal Rocket Launcher? And did you know what level RL it was? Cause there are three different levels of them as well...

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 19:21
On the out-healing of an A-V RL... how did you know it was a AV RL instead of just any normal Rocket Launcher? And did you know what level RL it was? Cause there are three different levels of them as well...

Considering i didn't take the time to ask the camo PA tank which one he had i guess i dont know. But considering when we were close to the OP it hurt the rhino alot. We did make several trips to and from the OP/zone to repp i guess he could of broke it and got another one.

Read my post again. Oh and read the posts about people PARKING the rhino to block entrances. kthxbye.

For the love of god i did read those. It was said that you could not out heal it. All i did was give my experience that i have doing it. I said we were moving and not parked. Take what i said with a grain of salt since we were not parked. But i do bet a high TL repper or 2 descent TL reppers could out heal a anti-vhc RL. And i offered up one of my slots on the test server to test it.

Slaughter

Maloch Octavia
04-05-04, 20:45
Vehicles should not be able to be repaired in a Warzone.

Sounds odd, but think about it. In a 'Warzone' how much time would you 'really' have to sit and repair a big feck off tank?

Easiest solution. It wont affect the casual LE user, of honest cause, as he'll just zone to the next normal zone and repair.

Heavyporker
04-05-04, 21:07
I wonder where my last post went.... mmmh... eh.

anyways, maloch, wouldn't affect hunting with vecs in warzones, as well? 0_o

superfresh
04-05-04, 21:40
IMO-

War doesn't always happen in war zones, you don't necessarily need a garage to repair things, and since tradeskilling is supposed to invlove inanimate objects it shouldn't matter whether you have an LE in or not to service someone. So it seems to me you should be able to service whoever you want wherever you are able to.

Since tradeskilling here involves something that is not an inanimate object, and the skill itself is indirectly being used as a weapon, restricting the repairer's ability to work on it when it's in use seems like the best thing. A repairer can't repair weapons or armor in the middle of combat, so the same should go for vehicles.

I doubt any tradeskill was intended for use as a weapon.

MjukisDjur
04-05-04, 21:42
Make LE people killable within 200m of hackroom.

___T-X____
04-05-04, 21:43
I think its great. You gave them time to log Le runners and drive to there op and they used better tactics that time. ...seriously, priceless. Fucked your zerg up.

Heavyporker
04-05-04, 21:47
oh, and since one of my posts didnt go through on this thread, I have to put back in -

Making it so that LE'ds and non'LE'ds cannot go around in same vec is anathema to the very concept of Neocron.

I mean, think for a second, guys. Taxi service. Hunts. Ring a bell?

BombShell
04-05-04, 21:49
just remove le's that will solve that problem :)

Mingerroo
04-05-04, 21:53
How about fixing ALL the LE exploits, from spying to vehicle repairing to anything else people can think of.

Deactivate LEs in warzones. Tough for those who hunt at CRP, I know, but there are many other areas that a short walk would show them exist that they can hunt at in peace, and we won't have all these LE abuse problems at PvP designated areas like warzones.

Steve

jernau
04-05-04, 21:56
How about fixing ALL the LE exploits
How about fixing all the exploits?

In the meantime removing large parts of the game, even temporarily, because a minority exploits is idiotic. They might as well wipe the servers every week if they did that.

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 22:47
Why not simply make it where a VHC can't be repaired if there is a gunner in it? Seems almost to simple.

Slaughter

Heavyporker
04-05-04, 22:57
wouldn't work.

they'd simply leave rhino in way of doorway/ramp without gunner then keep repping it.

anyways, why can't people just bring fooking anti-vec launchers or their own vecs to slug it out?!?!?!?

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 22:59
wouldn't work.

they'd simply leave rhino in way of doorway/ramp without gunner then keep repping it.

anyways, why can't people just bring fooking anti-vec launchers or their own vecs to slug it out?!?!?!?

Yes but at least you would'nt have the rhino shooting back at you. i almost always bring a anti-vec with me on my tank.

Slaughter

Scikar
04-05-04, 23:21
I think its great. You gave them time to log Le runners and drive to there op and they used better tactics that time. ...seriously, priceless. Fucked your zerg up.
Last I checked a zerg meant multiple factions, we were alone. Whereas those same TG have just taken Cycrow with Tsunami, TG, and Crahn all together, outnumbering us somewhere around 4:1.

Kikyo
04-05-04, 23:37
well heres my view on this, KK needs to make it so you need 100+ construction to lay turrents and ALSO they need to make it so stealthers CANNOT lay turrents. this being said is basically for the 4 slot servers which clans will probably make a character who is pure cst and has enough TC to use obliterator, seeing as this is, his only purpose would be to plant turrents in OP fights.

Skuld

LiL T
04-05-04, 23:42
Make the dame LE'd lamers killable in warzones till this gets fixed nuff said that will teach them

slaughteruall
04-05-04, 23:44
Make the dame LE'd lamers killable in warzones till this gets fixed nuff said that will teach them

That would be just stupid. Lets punish all LE users because of a few people.

Slaughter

LiL T
04-05-04, 23:52
That would be just stupid. Lets punish all LE users because of a few people.

Slaughter

Yeah I knew it was comming but the way I see it punishing all for the small amount of lamers is sometimes the only way to sort it till it gets fixed this is plain exploiting and should not be allowed to happen. People try really hard to take outposts and lose because the enemy is using lamer tactics like the one where the enemy leave alts logged out in out post undergrounds that one pisses me right off. Clan:INFO foster underattack security turret destory !!
*me GR's into UG * Gets ganked before I know what the hell is going on by ppu and apu lovely :mad:

LiL T
04-05-04, 23:59
Oh and posting stuff like his will only make others copy the idea nice one :rolleyes:

REPORT IT

Aziraphale
05-05-04, 00:02
Agree with LiL T, about a dozen other players will go out and do this now ;)

QuantumDelta
05-05-04, 00:18
Don't look at us, btw.
We were well aware of this tactic since Vehical armor had been bumped.

Actually do it though? Heh.

StryfeX
05-05-04, 00:24
Why not simply make it where a VHC can't be repaired if there is a gunner in it? Seems almost to simple.

SlaughterNo. Because then valid tactics would would die.

Yes, this is an exploit, and I do not agree with it.

I have two ideas to possibly fix it. First off, implement the vehicle flag that jernau talked about early in the thread.

Secondly, have LE's deactivate in a warzone, IF AND ONLY IF THE CONTROLLING CLAN'S FACTION IS A DIRECT ENEMY OF THE LE'D RUNNER'S FACTION. Yes, read that again. Also, there needs to be a timer before the LE deactivates (I'm thinking 3 minutes, to allow an LE user to run part way accross the zone (incase they are only passing through) and a timer before the LE reactivates again. The timer wouldn't reset automatically once the LE runner left the zone, but would "recharge" at a 1:1 ratio spent in an anarchy zone. (Maybe adjust it to 2:1 or 3:1 recharge rate.)

Once the LE deactivates, the LE can be attacked by other people, but heals, shields, and buffs, from both LE and non-LE people do nothing (the LE user can not self-buff/heal/shield either). The LE user, once his LE has deactivated, must stay in an anarchy zone for 3 minutes (assuming a 1:1 recharge rate) before the LE reactivates.

Example 1: Joe NoobLE enters the Jericko zone on his way to Point Red following the road. Joe is a member of the Tsunami Syndicate and Jericko is owned by a City Admin clan. As soon as he enters the zone, he gets a notice that his LE will be deactivated in 3 minutes. Joe then proceeds to haul ass to the Point Red zone border. As Joe runs across the zone, he gets a message that his LE will be deactivated in 2 minutes. Then one minute. Then 30 seconds, then 10 seconds, then 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, *zones*. Joe makes it with 5 seconds to go. Now Joe gets a message stating that the timer on his LE will start to go back up equal to the amount of time he stays in an anarchy zone. So if Joe stays 30 seconds, the LE timer would have 35 seconds left on it, and would count down from 35 if he entered the Jericko zone again. If Jericko had been taken over by a faction that was either neutral or friendly, the timer wouldn't have started counting.

Example 2: Jim NibLESpy comes into Jericko zone with the intention of spying on the clan so his alt's clan can attack with precision and the right composition of classes. Jim kinda slinks around gathering data, and in the process, stays in the zone more than 3 minutes so gets his LE deactivated. One of the defenders notices him and gives chase. Jim zones into an anarchy zone thinking he'll be safe, and the defender zones after him. Jim proceeds to taunt the defender thinking he has LE protection. The defender pulls out his weapon and decides to have himself a little target practice. End result: dead LE spy.

--Stryfe

LiL T
05-05-04, 00:39
It makes perfect sence to had the LE deactivate in a warzone as they are no longer under the influence of NCPD there out in the wastes no protection. LE chips can't protect people from this if a criminal wants to kill some one they will. This is what gets me if CA have these LE chips in runners head to stop them from fighting would TG/BD/crahn/FA not find a way to block out the signals?

StryfeX
05-05-04, 00:52
It makes perfect sence to had the LE deactivate in a warzone as they are no longer under the influence of NCPD there out in the wastes no protection. LE chips can't protect people from this if a criminal wants to kill some one they will. This is what gets me if CA have these LE chips in runners head to stop them from fighting would TG/BD/crahn/FA not find a way to block out the signals?Maybe so, but LE users deserve to enjoy the game that they pay for too, not be gank-magnets in warzones.

That is why my idea states that the LE would only deactivate if the LE'd runner's faction is a direct enemy of the holding clan's faction.

--Stryfe

LiL T
05-05-04, 00:56
Maybe so, but LE users deserve to enjoy the game that they pay for too, not be gank-magnets in warzones.

That is why my idea states that the LE would only deactivate if the LE'd runner's faction is a direct enemy of the holding clan's faction.

--Stryfe

I do agree with that and it would solve alot of this exploiting but one problem for the LE users what if BD for example own the whole map for 6 months in a row. These people that want to enjoy the game with there LE in can't no longer and might leave hell I say this alot its a PVP game tough luck find another.

StryfeX
05-05-04, 01:02
I do agree with that and it would solve alot of this exploiting but one problem for the LE users what if BD for example own the whole map for 6 months in a row. These people that want to enjoy the game with there LE in can't no longer and might leave hell I say this alot its a PVP game tough luck find another.I figured this point would come up sooner or later. Personally I think that there should be a limit to how many OPs a clan can hold, either one of every type, 4 total OPs of any type or combination, or maybe based on clan size up to a certain number (like 1 OP per 30 members with a max of 5).

And I agree that the endgame content is (unfortunately) mostly PvP oriented, but that still doesn't give any of us players the right to tell people to get out of the game if they don't like PvP.

--Stryfe

Scikar
05-05-04, 01:04
Deactivating LEs in warzones is not an acceptable solution. Take Drakkhan Fortress as an example. The OP is right next to a zone border with an anarchy zone. LE user comes in, blows up a couple of turrets, hops over the zone border when owning clan arrives and sits there until they get fed up and leave. Then he kills another turret.

Just set it so you can't rep a vehicle if it was damaged in the last 30 seconds. Problem solved, no hassle with LEs.

StryfeX
05-05-04, 01:12
Deactivating LEs in warzones is not an acceptable solution. Take Drakkhan Fortress as an example. The OP is right next to a zone border with an anarchy zone. LE user comes in, blows up a couple of turrets, hops over the zone border when owning clan arrives and sits there until they get fed up and leave. Then he kills another turret.

Just set it so you can't rep a vehicle if it was damaged in the last 30 seconds. Problem solved, no hassle with LEs.Scikar, take a look at my idea. It would help solve this. Especially since LE'd people can't destroy or even damage turrets. (In my idea they wouldn't be able to do so even when the LE has deactivated. Nor shoot other people, either.)

--Stryfe

Scikar
05-05-04, 01:18
Scikar, take a look at my idea. It would help solve this. Especially since LE'd people can't destroy or even damage turrets. (In my idea they wouldn't be able to do so even when the LE has deactivated. Nor shoot other people, either.)

--Stryfe

Sorry about that, I should have read it a bit more thoroughly than I did. On the one hand, your idea is a little bit complex maybe, and perhaps leaves LE'd people open to being attacked (though they shouldn't be in an area like that after 3 minutes so it's fair enough I guess). On the other, it also gets rid of the LE scouts exploit too.

StryfeX
05-05-04, 01:24
Sorry about that, I should have read it a bit more thoroughly than I did. On the one hand, your idea is a little bit complex maybe, and perhaps leaves LE'd people open to being attacked (though they shouldn't be in an area like that after 3 minutes so it's fair enough I guess). On the other, it also gets rid of the LE scouts exploit too.Agreed about leaving LE'd people open to attack, but look at it this way. If you're not LE'd and hunt in a zone that's been taken over by an enemy clan, what are the chances you're not going to get ganked by them anyway?

I chose 3 minutes because it seemed like enough time to get in and probably cross a good chunk of the zone, but it also might not be enough time, either. It would have to be tested and retested on the Test Server to make sure that it worked properly.

(Also, to be fair, I didn't expressly put in the bit about LE'd people not being able to attack turrets even after the LE's been deactivated, I kinda assumed it would be "understood" so to speak, especially since they can't even damage turrets as it stands currently.)

--Stryfe

Lanigav
05-05-04, 01:34
Its exploiting indeed. Making LE runners killable in warzones is a bit too much, BUT I think they should be killable when within a specific range of an op, or inside an op.

StryfeX
05-05-04, 01:37
Its exploiting indeed. Making LE runners killable in warzones is a bit too much, BUT I think they should be killable when within a specific range of an op, or inside an op.Read my idea, damnit. :p It deals with that. Make it on a time limit. (Again, only if the LE'd runner's faction is an enemy of the occupying clan's faction.)

--Stryfe

LiL T
05-05-04, 01:38
Right so I think there needs to be something better than what we got I think LE chips should be replaced with a non pvp server or a server which allows pvp in warzones and neofrag only. But in the pvp server you should not be able to attack players alot lower than your rank lets say 20 lvls to stop the stupid ganking in the aggies of lower lvls lvling in there. But back to topic which the thread starter was on about LE'd players should not be able to rep a non LE'd veh peroid

StryfeX
05-05-04, 01:45
Right so I think there needs to be something better than what we got I think LE chips should be replaced with a non pvp server or a server which allows pvp in warzones and neofrag only. But in the pvp server you should not be able to attack players alot lower than your rank lets say 20 lvls to stop the stupid ganking in the aggies of lower lvls lvling in there. But back to topic which the thread starter was on about LE'd players should not be able to rep a non LE'd veh peroidI like the server idea (and it's been posted many times before, as well) but with the current populations, I simply don't see it working.

And as for the vehicle repair thing, as I said, I agree with jernau's post at the beginning of the thread.

A variable in the program set to "1" or "0" where "1" means LE owner and "0" means non-LE. Then if the flag is "1" only LEd runners can drive/ride/shoot from/repair it. A vehicle flagged "1" will also never take damage from players.
--Stryfe

LiL T
05-05-04, 01:45
You right we got a game that new people come too and for what ever reason they take there LE's out and get pked alot and it pisses people off. Most games I know of have got 2 servers one so called non PVP the other PVP and it works well infact linage uses this type of system and it works if you wanna carebear it a bit go to the non PVP server. Maybe when the game gets re released they could start people on the non PVP server by default and when they think there ready the come too the hardcore PVP server where RED=DEAD humm just thinking thats all you rattled my cage :lol:

QuantumDelta
05-05-04, 01:48
Right so I think there needs to be something better than what we got I think LE chips should be replaced with a non pvp server or a server which allows pvp in warzones and neofrag only. But in the pvp server you should not be able to attack players alot lower than your rank lets say 20 lvls to stop the stupid ganking in the aggies of lower lvls lvling in there. But back to topic which the thread starter was on about LE'd players should not be able to rep a non LE'd veh peroid
That's a tried and true method of PK Control.
The problem with that is, in some peoples oppinion it'll overly carebear the game (though admittedly it doesn't make that much of a difference from the way the game plays out now).
Then again I don't mind either way since;
I always PvPed those who were willing/ready.

Ready/Willing people = PKers, Op Holding Clans AT Op Wars, Waring Clans(...though I rarely did this oddly enough), Duels.

Not sure how it would segregate the Servers though.

LiL T
05-05-04, 02:08
With doy comming up and it having no safe zones and stuff anti city won't be able to enter without a proper force to break into it. So maybe they can remove the LE chip once doy comes as the noobs will be protected at most times. They could make lvling caves in the city area with good high lvl mobs so there would be no need to leave the city till capped unless they wanna rare hunt then they take the risk.

-FN-
05-05-04, 03:05
Dunno what KK's take on it is, but using an unkillable character to peform a function in a zone that ultimately kills other people... sounds like exploiting...

But Daj is right... it is an awesome idea :lol:

LiL T
05-05-04, 03:23
:mad:
Dunno what KK's take on it is, but using an unkillable character to peform a function in a zone that ultimately kills other people... sounds like exploiting...

But Daj is right... it is an awesome idea :lol:

Awesome idea? so you are one of them types that can't fight and must use lame exploiting to win you .......you .nvm

ServeX
05-05-04, 03:54
awesome idea, LErs repairing rhinos :)

jernau
05-05-04, 09:46
It makes perfect sence to had the LE deactivate in a warzone as they are no longer under the influence of NCPD there out in the wastes no protection. LE chips can't protect people from this if a criminal wants to kill some one they will. This is what gets me if CA have these LE chips in runners head to stop them from fighting would TG/BD/crahn/FA not find a way to block out the signals?Why do people keep trying to apply their own weird interpretations of the word "war" to the "warzones" in NC. Warzones are the second safest places to be in this game : you don't drop a belt and you don't lose SL there unless you forgot :rolleyes: .

Secondly - if you want to say LEs won't work out in the wastes you also have to lose all GRs and Gogus. They all use radio signals so if you think somehow the LE signal becomes mysteriously dead outside the city (as we all know you can't use a radio outside don't we? :wtf: ) then their signals must also die. Next time you die at an OP war - it's ressurect or perma-death. Is that what you want?

/edit - Not meant as a dig at you specifically Lil T just at certain retarded ideas that seem to propagate on these forums.

/edit 2 - ANY weakening of the LE in unacceptable IMO.

-FN-
05-05-04, 10:34
Um... yeah. I never fight and use cheap tactics daily... You obviously don't me :rolleyes:

I meant it was awesome in that... we're what, 1.5 years into the Retail of NC and this is the first time I've heard of such a thing... yet vehicles and LEd players have been in the game since the beginning :p If you don't get why it's funny, just give up.

amfest
05-05-04, 11:58
Just use the switch on vehilces .. LEs can repair only their vehicles not non LE'd vehicles and you can also throw in the you can't repair while it's in use.

I don't agree with any deactivation of the LE in warzones .. even the 3min or so timer one. If you do that might as well put back in the you can implant the LE at any level cause that's what it will be. 1337 pk'er heads into warzone LE'd .. scoutns around for 3 min .. sets up ambush . . kills some people and GRs back to safe zone to reactivate LE. Sounds like something that will benifit cheap PK'ers and will cause law abiding citizens grief :p

Just use the switch .. end of that exploit ...
Next anyone you see using this exploit plz report

J J
05-05-04, 12:08
apologies if Im mistaken but aren't vehicles undestroyable in warzones if they've been vacant for something like 3/5 minutes? Is this a bug that they're eventually gonna fix or is it supposed to happen? If it's not a bug, therefore not an exploit, surely the drivers just need to arrive at the op a few minutes before the hack starts?

*Dazz*
05-05-04, 13:51
Don't look at us, btw.
We were well aware of this tactic since Vehical armor had been bumped.

Actually do it though? Heh.

I don't ever remember pointing a finger at a specific clan in my other posts. I just said "certain" clans, calm down

Archeus
05-05-04, 14:45
apologies if Im mistaken but aren't vehicles undestroyable in warzones if they've been vacant for something like 3/5 minutes? Is this a bug that they're eventually gonna fix or is it supposed to happen? If it's not a bug, therefore not an exploit, surely the drivers just need to arrive at the op a few minutes before the hack starts?

You are correct. They despawn after a while and can be damaged to near death (but not destruction).

In such an instance page a GM. Crafts are one of the few items that can be traced back to the owner.

REVKhA
05-05-04, 15:11
nothing as low as having more than half a server population regrouping to pk you :) one of the million reasons im leaving this shitty game

Archeus
05-05-04, 15:30
nothing as low as having more than half a server population regrouping to pk you :) one of the million reasons im leaving this shitty game

Then quit already and stfu. Stop spamming threads.

REVKhA
05-05-04, 15:37
[ edited ]

jernau
05-05-04, 15:41
You've posted more today than ever before and all of it is spam.

Just do everyone, including yourself, a favour and leave ffs.

REVKhA
05-05-04, 15:43
[ edited ]

Crest
05-05-04, 16:13
[ edited ]
I appriciate you have something to say, and that sometimes a game or game play might not be to your liking , thats why we all different, please refrain from this kind of behaviousr, make peopple wish you were gone .....

If you have a on topic suggestion or comment it is very welcome, if not please move on ...

REVKhA
05-05-04, 16:26
well mods seems to lock everything constructive and leaving the other posts there, so hell, theyre destroying theyre own game. I was trying to support them but yet they lock my droning threads so fuck that

Crest
05-05-04, 16:34
well mods seems to lock everything constructive and leaving the other posts there, so hell, theyre destroying theyre own game. I was trying to support them but yet they lock my droning threads so fuck that

My understanding is you want to ruin thinges for others because you feel hard done by by the Mods. Now punnishing others for tis is some what un called for.

Hey I am sorry NC was not the game for you, and I am sure you will find a game that is for you, but no need to hi-jack a creative thread to rant about off topic issue. I am sure your an inteligent guy, and have a meaningfull opinion, but by going on like a 3 year old child will not convince others , and will not grant you any kind of respcet ...

Enough of that .. Too all those with constructive comments , I think some ideas have come out here, and hope KK will take a few of them for practice....

I know the mods have stayed out but A clearer picture would have been welcomed, as this is still a grey area (and always will be until something is officialy said)

REVKhA
05-05-04, 16:36
sorry i made my thread, it got emmidiatly locked and passed as a leaving thread, Tell that to your moderator team, they have no respects for my opinion ? why would i have any respect for theyre forum ?

/Nid's edit - the thread in question contained the following:
So since droners are being constantly nerfed i'm gonna have to unsucribe yet again for the lack of balance from KK. Dont expect me to return for DOY.

Theres so much more reasons why im leaving , i cant really state them since that would shock most of the fanboys here. Adios to spyocron , been funThat is a leaving thread, no mistake.

Strych9
05-05-04, 16:41
NM, he is banned now. Buh bye. Mode please delete this post.

REVKhA
05-05-04, 16:42
uh no i can pad my post count too and tell anyone what to do :rolleyes:
[ edited ]

StryfeX
05-05-04, 17:37
Just use the switch on vehilces .. LEs can repair only their vehicles not non LE'd vehicles and you can also throw in the you can't repair while it's in use.

I don't agree with any deactivation of the LE in warzones .. even the 3min or so timer one. If you do that might as well put back in the you can implant the LE at any level cause that's what it will be. 1337 pk'er heads into warzone LE'd .. scoutns around for 3 min .. sets up ambush . . kills some people and GRs back to safe zone to reactivate LE. Sounds like something that will benifit cheap PK'ers and will cause law abiding citizens grief :p

Just use the switch .. end of that exploit ...
Next anyone you see using this exploit plz reportDid you not read my idea? Once the LE gets deactivated, the LE'd person becomes fair game for all, BUT he still can't target other players, destroy vehicles, or destroy turrets, PLUS he can't get any buffs/shields/heals cast on him by himself or others. How would that benefit cheap PKers?

--Stryfe

jernau
05-05-04, 17:56
Did you not read my idea? Once the LE gets deactivated, the LE'd person becomes fair game for all, BUT he still can't target other players, destroy vehicles, or destroy turrets, PLUS he can't get any buffs/shields/heals cast on him by himself or others. How would that benefit cheap PKers?

--Stryfe
Because if they are in safe zones or even just hiding in their appartments they can't be killed.

Sorry Stryfe but the idea doesn't work.

amfest
05-05-04, 19:58
oh well it was late .. I don't agree with it anyhow . . . 3 min might not be long enough. Sure for a high level character . . but what about zones in the east TG area. So a slow new character is running through the TG zones LE'd. Let's say it's a spy so no real fire resistance at that time .. oh damn Grim chaser in the way while I'm in the warzone .. ooh look a perc spawned next to it also . .hmm Have to find way around . .run around .. oh loook another grim chaser ..gotta run around longer to get around.

anyway keeping to topicI still agree about the LE vehicle owner flag. It would solve the actual poster's sistuation and that would be end of topic.

oh and to the person who said when BDOY comes out remove the LE's cause of Hostiles being thrown to the other side. Nah . . . I know tons of people who just kill allies and neutruals all the time. And I'm sure as long as there are multiple slot servers people who get killed and can't make it to city to take revenge will make another character that can enter the particular city just so they can take revenge with an alt. heh multi slots kill RP. But not much to solve against that since people will just buy another account if they can :(. End rant.

QuantumDelta
05-05-04, 19:59
I don't ever remember pointing a finger at a specific clan in my other posts. I just said "certain" clans, calm down
hehe, I know, but we get banboxed by people, thrown into generalised groups that sometimes means we get blame too..

I wouldn't really want anyone doing this to or for my clan at op wars :/

Then again I have no say down there anyway, heh

Doc Holliday
05-05-04, 20:47
well the starter post gave me a giggle. its lame but theres a hell of alot of other things that are too. if u have to win through lame tactics be prepared to be flamed. simple. some people have a sense of honour in this game even still and dont resort to formentioned cheap shots to win. its all down to opinion.

Oh and QD? your account reactivated as your posting. just askin as i saw one of your alts ( kenshin i think ) active and in plaza the other day. i asked if it was u but was told no. u reactivated or got some kind of deal goin off with nid? ;)

QuantumDelta
05-05-04, 21:44
well the starter post gave me a giggle. its lame but theres a hell of alot of other things that are too. if u have to win through lame tactics be prepared to be flamed. simple. some people have a sense of honour in this game even still and dont resort to formentioned cheap shots to win. its all down to opinion.

Oh and QD? your account reactivated as your posting. just askin as i saw one of your alts ( kenshin i think ) active and in plaza the other day. i asked if it was u but was told no. u reactivated or got some kind of deal goin off with nid? ;)
Basically a friend of mine is running my game account.
He said I could use the account more or less when ever I like (though apart from one or two logs on jupi I haven't really...), and to register my forum account with the game account again.

I'm not too bothered about the arrangement, I mean, I was registered to this forum for over a week and a half or so before I posted (which oddly enough happened in the final fantasy thread :P)

spongeb0b
05-05-04, 23:25
Damn, I'm trying to think of a solution here and I just can't think of anything.
Bad, very bad.

Regards,
Silent

simple you can only repair your own vehicle and you can only be in a vehicle if the owner is in it aswell... problem solved?

StryfeX
06-05-04, 00:21
Because if they are in safe zones or even just hiding in their appartments they can't be killed.

Sorry Stryfe but the idea doesn't work.Eh? Who's "they", the LE user or cheap PKer?

And besides, whats to stop a non LE player from spying then GRing to his appartment or a safezone when things get a little hot?

--Stryfe

jernau
06-05-04, 09:04
Eh? Who's "they", the LE user or cheap PKer?
They are the same person - Griefers will wear their LE and just grief in warzones where it is temporarily inactive. Then when they are bored or under attack they will leave and have the protection of the LE against any repurcusions.

And besides, whats to stop a non LE player from spying then GRing to his appartment or a safezone when things get a little hot?

--Stryfe
Nothing but by removing his LE he is accepting the same risks as every other un-LEd player. I'm not sure what you mean by this part tbh, maybe I'm misreading it.

seraphian
06-05-04, 09:16
I LOVE the concept of an LE, it's one of the things that makes NC so great, no constant newb-killing, and PvP is mostly optional. But there seem to be some people out there that jsut sit around thinking up ways that LEd chars can be used to cheat. IMHO limiting LEd runners any more than they are isn't the answer, the answer is eliminating the use of LEd runners in OP wars. my proposal is this:

As soon as you are within x meters of a OP hack point, your LE does not work.

Say it's magnetic interference, or The fact that the OP itself has tagged you as hostile. make it a small enough radius that you can stull hunt from an OP, because most of the best hunting spots are not right on top of a hackpoint anyway.

icarium
06-05-04, 09:19
havent had time to read whole thread am late for work :D but on the subject of les they should remain as they are and just do as jernau said and make it so vehicles are le'd or not and only somoene of its state can use it in any way

i have an le'd tank on saturn (i rarely play) at rank 60 and i tell you something GET far more grief off leet pkers than i give. they ALWAYS initiate the abuse. ok there will be some le players who use it as an excuse to piss you off, just ignore them or give them some witty abuse back. i always find people start to feel a bit stupid when they cant even understand your insults :lol:

StryfeX
06-05-04, 18:55
They are the same person - Griefers will wear their LE and just grief in warzones where it is temporarily inactive. Then when they are bored or under attack they will leave and have the protection of the LE against any repurcusions.

Nothing but by removing his LE he is accepting the same risks as every other un-LEd player. I'm not sure what you mean by this part tbh, maybe I'm misreading it.What I was saying is that even after the LE "deactivates", it only means that the LE'd runner can be targetted and shot. Not that they can shoot back. The drawbacks from the LE still apply (brain slot used, can't target or hurt non-LE people, can't destroy turrets, can't join clans, etc.) but they don't get the PvP "invulnerability" that's usually associated with the LE. So therefore, griefers can't grief because they still couldn't shoot anyone.

--Stryfe

jernau
07-05-04, 00:31
What I was saying is that even after the LE "deactivates", it only means that the LE'd runner can be targetted and shot. Not that they can shoot back. The drawbacks from the LE still apply (brain slot used, can't target or hurt non-LE people, can't destroy turrets, can't join clans, etc.) but they don't get the PvP "invulnerability" that's usually associated with the LE. So therefore, griefers can't grief because they still couldn't shoot anyone.

--StryfeIn that case the idea sinks from "bad" to "utter shit".

I can't see any justification for ever allowing someone to be attacked but not retaliate. Suggesting this be possible for a person who has opted out of PvP is... well.... erm.... tbh there are no words for that.

StryfeX
07-05-04, 00:44
In that case the idea sinks from "bad" to "utter shit".

I can't see any justification for ever allowing someone to be attacked but not retaliate. Suggesting this be possible for a person who has opted out of PvP is... well.... erm.... tbh there are no words for that.Then what do you propose to stop LE spies, hmm? Also, what do you call xx/65 chars ganking xx/20 runners? It's not like the xx/20 runners have a snowball's chance in hell to kill the high level char.

Integrating someone else's idea... Set it so that the timer would activate only when you got within a certain distance of the base computer. That would work.

The main reason I had for proposing my idea is that, quite frankly, LE users really should be at least mindful of where they hunt. You can't GR to one of the Plaza 1 Jones Center GRs and expect to live as an enemy to the City Admin, even as an LE'd player. Likewise, you shouldn't be able to hunt in a zone controlled by an enemy faction without some sort of risk. Maybe to make it a little more fair (like I suggested earlier) make it so that there is a limit to OP ownership so that a single clan can't take over HUGE swaths of the map.

But whatever. I've yet to hear a good argument on how to keep LE'd runners from being spying bastards when they want to be.

--Stryfe

jernau
07-05-04, 00:50
wrt LE spies - tbh I think the problem is blown massively out of proportion by people with a grudge against the whole LE concept. I get far more annoyed with Faction-Chat spies before a fight than LE spies during one. Anything an LE can do a non-LE spy can do with stealth and the non-LE can then contribute to the fight as well. Given the choice between having an LE or a non-LE on my side I would NEVER pick the LE.

StryfeX
07-05-04, 00:56
wrt LE spies - tbh I think the problem is blown massively out of proportion by people with a grudge against the whole LE concept. I get far more annoyed with Faction-Chat spies before a fight than LE spies during one. Anything an LE can do a non-LE spy can do with stealth and the non-LE can then contribute to the fight as well. Given the choice between having an LE or a non-LE on my side I would NEVER pick the LE.As would I. In fact, I am what most on here would probably call a closet carebear. I would love to see clans for LE'd people (with restrictions, obviously) and some other stuff, but I am also realistic. I've seen some LE "harassment" (wasn't really harassment per se, it was more just general name calling) and it is annoying. I'd just rather eliminate the whole possibility of having LE spies in a warzone BEFORE it becomes a bigger issue.

And yes, faction spies are far more annoying at the moment.

--Stryfe

SnowCrash
07-05-04, 11:46
We recommend to use the Vehicle Launchers to destroy those vehicles. Those LE-users shouldn't be able to repair the heavy damage the launcher does that quick to save the vehicle. If there are any problems with this Vehicle Launcher we will adress that within the next bug fixing session.

Please don't get me wrong, the problems with the LE are a basic problem which cannot be solved by just deactivating a feature of this system. But you can be sure that we are thinking about a improvement of this issue during the further development process.

Darkborg
07-05-04, 12:42
:wtf: :eek: O_o

Wow Good going and THANK YOU Snowcrash nice with some input on this

Also if they were only meant to block couldnt you just use led runners as drivers.

MkVenner
07-05-04, 14:50
We recommend to use the Vehicle Launchers to destroy those vehicles. Those LE-users shouldn't be able to repair the heavy damage the launcher does that quick to save the vehicle. If there are any problems with this Vehicle Launcher we will adress that within the next bug fixing session.

Please don't get me wrong, the problems with the LE are a basic problem which cannot be solved by just deactivating a feature of this system. But you can be sure that we are thinking about a improvement of this issue during the further development process.
cool cheers for the input, but it is a little hard to take out a rhino thats being repaired, whilst being shot at by said tank, as well has other tanks/APU etc etc...