PDA

View Full Version : How to make a Neocron movie

SjanTeN^
04-05-04, 01:16
Lately i have seen quite a lot of threads about Neocron movies, and wanted to know how its done, is it like Counter-Strike where you record and then make the demo to BMP(60 fps) files and then put em together?

cRazy2003
04-05-04, 01:21
you have to use a screen video recorder like snagit or fraps (cant remember links), take ur recordings, then use your prefered movie or video editor to put it all together, windows movie maker in windows xp or whichever windows is pritty good for putting it all together since its free. but as u ask i dont think everyone uses 60fps it varies since a recorded video of neocron can be about 1fps on a average computer. im not really sure on making movies or anything though

SilentEye
04-05-04, 01:28
Hey,

I make quiet some movies and can tell you pretty much what I use and how I do it.

I use 'Fraps' to record my movies, I always run my game at 800x600 because while recording on higher resolution, Fraps requires to capture bigger captures and it makes you lag more. Also I run on 'Half window mode' this mode saves the capture half sized. I record with 15 FPS because I do not require move frames unless I want to use slowmotion.

Fraps can be downloaded here (http://www.fraps.com) but only 19.9D. I use Fraps 2.2 which requires you to pay for.

Then I use Windows Movie Maker, which comes standard with Windows XP, to edit my movies. If you know how to use it properly, and if you don't rush your self trough the editing to quick, you can easily make beautiful movies.

If you need help on Windows Movie Maker, check around for some tutorials, though it is kind of sad if you need those.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Silent

SjanTeN^
04-05-04, 01:32
Hey,

I make quiet some movies and can tell you pretty much what I use and how I do it.

I use 'Fraps' to record my movies, I always run my game at 800x600 because while recording on higher resolution, Fraps requires to capture bigger captures and it makes you lag more. Also I run on 'Half window mode' this mode saves the capture half sized. I record with 15 FPS because I do not require move frames unless I want to use slowmotion.

Fraps can be downloaded here (http://www.fraps.com) but only 19.9D. I use Fraps 2.2 which requires you to pay for.

Then I use Windows Movie Maker, which comes standard with Windows XP, to edit my movies. If you know how to use it properly, and if you don't rush your self trough the editing to quick, you can easily make beautiful movies.

If you need help on Windows Movie Maker, check around for some tutorials, though it is kind of sad if you need those.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Silent

Thanks ill give it a try, anyhow a bit offtopic here, can you try and tell me how the test server work? As i know you have made a movie about the doy glider, did you start a whole new char. and lvl'ed him for thatt purpose only? And do you have the IP to the server?

SilentEye
04-05-04, 01:35
Hey,

You can use LoM pills to level your skills. Currently the LoM pills work reversed and add levels instead of removing them, testing purpose of course.

The player I was in only has Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence capped because I needed Transport, vehicle use and intelligence.

Here is the test server IP: 62.140.29.55

If you want to know how to get the test server to work, click here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=46221) [English & German]

Goodluck,
Silent

DigestiveBiscui
04-05-04, 17:02
anyone got a link for the glider movie?

i wanted to dl but couldn't find the link on these forums - guess i dont look hard enough :P

naimex
04-05-04, 18:08
theres a link for Tomparadoxs mirror to the doy glider movie.

dont use fraps it smells and eats all your fps for breakfast

use snagit or something similar.

Jeros82
07-05-04, 10:29
Does anyone have a link for SnagIt download ??

SilentEye
07-05-04, 14:37
Naimex how can you say that? It doesn't eat away my FPS at all.

Jeros82
07-05-04, 14:42
It does with mine... Normally i have about 35 -> 50 FPS but when recording it drops to 8 FPS 8|