PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Mobs - Y's/DoY's/Shamen/Apartition ?

___T-X____
03-05-04, 22:53
Would it be possible to Hire a Mob for an Op fight, spawn him automatically into team, so that he stays in team Ten minutes then goes mercencary because he's unhired?

Say only One Mob per team, obviously if there more teams the mobs will be attacking the other teams ?

I wouldnt mind Hiring a Y-Commander for an op fight :)

thoughts /improvements ?

/edit : pls stay on topic, im interested to know if its workable.

Aziraphale
03-05-04, 22:57
What would a drom do with money? o_O

Chase.Devine
03-05-04, 22:57
Remote controlled Warbots.
Remote controlled turrets.

.... normal mobs are stupid. ;)

jiga
03-05-04, 23:00
remote controlled mobs sounds good (maybe for droners). Or give us mechs

Jest
03-05-04, 23:01
Remote controlled Warbots.
Remote controlled turrets.

.... normal mobs are stupid. ;) Nah not really, I always though it would be friggin awesome to have a class called Wastelander that was a monster trainer. There could even be "farms" that acted the same for monsters as the ASGs do for vehicles. The class would be limited in many ways, but imagine being able to take a Grim Chaser into battle with you. Man thatd be fun as hell.

Morganth
03-05-04, 23:04
Nah not really, I always though it would be friggin awesome to have a class called Wastelander that was a monster trainer. There could even be "farms" that acted the same for monsters as the ASGs do for vehicles. The class would be limited in many ways, but imagine being able to take a Grim Chaser into battle with you. Man thatd be fun as hell.

Defenders: Oh look, here comes that stupid Wastelander!
Wastelander: *whistles* Here boy! Come on! You can do it!
Defenders: Seems like someone has been on the ole Neocrack diet again *laughs*
Wastelander: Now fetch!
*Grim Chaser runs after defenders, with its minions behind*
Defenders: Run!
Wastelander: Muhahaha!

___T-X____
03-05-04, 23:04
The existing AI makes it possible for the Mobs to run after you. Maybe the Spawn point should be the Op Sector GR, into team then it follows the person using the 'Hire'.

It could be interesting due to the new mob changes that are being implemented. Certain mobs would be more useful against certain characters. Therefore after seeing who is online you could decide which mob to help you, ie tactical hiring.

Heavyporker
03-05-04, 23:06
mmmm.. no.

n3m
03-05-04, 23:06
doom harbinger carnage

Chase.Devine
03-05-04, 23:07
Nah not really, I always though it would be friggin awesome to have a class called Wastelander that was a monster trainer. There could even be "farms" that acted the same for monsters as the ASGs do for vehicles. The class would be limited in many ways, but imagine being able to take a Grim Chaser into battle with you. Man thatd be fun as hell.

Sounds great .... but ... hey look at my sweet soulcluster.
I love KK . ;)

And btw a Warbottrainer?
Warbots are made of steel and wires.
They are stupid. Nothin else. They got a dead pilot inside.

Tech toys for riggers.
Other mobs for your wastelander.

hokay? :)

n3m
03-05-04, 23:09
yes remember the soulcluster?
the one that shoots at the caster?

might be better if they Fix those first

___T-X____
03-05-04, 23:11
doom harbinger carnage

Well exactly, if a clan has a load of Tanks online you aint gonna use a Grim. But maybe a Shamen would be just the ticket. Spies, Grims the one you want. etc

Chase.Devine
03-05-04, 23:11
yes remember the soulcluster?
the one that shoots at the caster?

No comment. :(

n3m
03-05-04, 23:13
Well exactly, if a clan has a load of Tanks online you aint gonna use a Grim. But maybe a Shamen would be just the ticket. Spies, Grims the one you want. etc
no, doom harbinger pwns everyone if theyre not constantly healed/buffed/unglued

___T-X____
03-05-04, 23:17
no, doom harbinger pwns everyone if theyre not constantly healed/buffed/unglued

and they have capped agy/ath (lol) ...interesting......

Jest
03-05-04, 23:19
Defenders: Oh look, here comes that stupid Wastelander!
Wastelander: *whistles* Here boy! Come on! You can do it!
Defenders: Seems like someone has been on the ole Neocrack diet again *laughs*
Wastelander: Now fetch!
*Grim Chaser runs after defenders, with its minions behind*
Defenders: Run!
Wastelander: Muhahaha! Hehe well yes and no. Personally, even if a class like this existed I wouldnt fear them alone. Hell with my PPU and an APU friend we can take down Grims fairly quick. Thing is itd be an awesome support role.

Imagine a 6 on 6 fight.
For realism purposes, say 2 PPUs, 1 APU, 2 tanks, and a PE are hacking Tyron. They are closely watching the UG when all of the sudden a Wastelander comes running in from the back entrance with a Grim Chaser in tail. All focus is now on the Grim. All of the sudden a PPU and 3 tanks come up from the UG. Now you have attention divided. The players focus on the other players and mean while the Grim lands some major hits. Then another attacking Wastelander comes in, this time with the Bat Queen. Poison beams are nailing the defenders. Then suddenly the original Wastelander dies and the Grim turns aggressive to every one. Now he is pissed and starting to spawn mobs as well. Now we have a fight with a pissed Grim fighting whats left of the two sides. The attacking side wins, the PPU rezzes the original Wastelander, and he re-charms the Grim.

Seriously that would be friggin awesome. But also think what it would take to get to that point. Firstly, you'd have to charm the mob to being with. Then youd have to take it to a farm. Then youd have to bring it from the farm to the op. Thats a lot of work, but I think would add to the game immensely. Now we have a whole new market, monsters.
"WTS Grim Chaser 120/120 mob for 500k"

Pwnage.

___T-X____
03-05-04, 23:25
Mob carrying vehicle ???? purely a transport, moves at the same speed as the vehicle pulling it. Team rules still apply with 'Use Trailer' option ?

/edit Trailer would have to disolve for exploiting purposes.

edit/ Mobs hirable from 'farm/pens' next to ASG's. Skill requirements needed though ? makes ASGs/vehicles more usable as kk wants...

Edit/ problem is moving the mob through Op zones, i think thats why its easiest to spawn it at the Op zone you want to fight in....

Chase.Devine
03-05-04, 23:30
Hah i got it. Kill those damn SC's.
Give PPU's a Holy Monster Training spells.
You have to charm a mob with this spell
and give him some training ala Black&White.

Click on the mob,
then on someting else.
Punish him if he did something wrong.

Hah hokay i was just dreaming. :rolleyes:

Scikar
03-05-04, 23:58
Hah i got it. Kill those damn SC's.
Give PPU's a Holy Monster Training spells.
You have to charm a mob with this spell
and give him some training ala Black&White.

Click on the mob,
then on someting else.
Punish him if he did something wrong.

Hah hokay i was just dreaming. :rolleyes:
That was something I liked to think of as a replacement for PPU defence, but it's not really workable. It is however, something a PPU definitely should not have with his defence. 'Passive' to me implies indirect offense, which the charm idea fits perfectly. However it seems KK's and the majority fo the community's idea of 'passive' is 'defensive'. Which is fair enough, but it means charming isn't justified for PPUs.

@TX: Doom Harbinger + Parashock = doesn't bear thinking about. :eek:

Epsilon 5
04-05-04, 00:04
there are distract mind and provoke enemy spells .. add a spell that changes a monster to your faction and makes it follow you for a while.

Chase.Devine
04-05-04, 00:19
That was something I liked to think of as a replacement for PPU defence, but it's not really workable. It is however, something a PPU definitely should not have with his defence. 'Passive' to me implies indirect offense, which the charm idea fits perfectly. However it seems KK's and the majority fo the community's idea of 'passive' is 'defensive'. Which is fair enough, but it means charming isn't justified for PPUs.

@TX: Doom Harbinger + Parashock = doesn't bear thinking about. :eek:

Hokay, maybe EPU? :D

Kikyo
04-05-04, 01:13
I got to say bad idea turrents are lame enough imagine a 120/120 mob being at a OP fight when a ppu casts holy shelter on them omfg unstoppable. :o

SjanTeN^
04-05-04, 01:20
And how long will a Warbot could hold out a op war tank? ;)

StryfeX
04-05-04, 01:26
Doom Harbinger + Para-glue = Lots of people liberally splattered across the landscape. :p :eek:

I think it would be cool, but I'm kinda skeptical it can be done with the engine.

--Stryfe

J J
04-05-04, 01:55
What would a drom do with money? o_O

Hire a big bugger to slap all those weirdo's that sex em. poor drom's have feeling's too don't you know. they're not just ugly looking beasts who wander round aimlessly.

Varaem
04-05-04, 10:24
WTS: Elite S.T.O.R.M. Bot, 120/120 mob of death, 2 mil.
How about no Bots (cop/storm/doy). And nothing that resembles a human, like Y-reps, mc5 personell, mutants, anarchy breed, yos vendors, nomad traders and other fac guards like merc/tg. As long as it's only monsters, that'd be great. Would they drop loot too? o.o

jernau
04-05-04, 10:28
Go play SWG. I hear creature handlers are/were their version of uber hybrids.

shenten
04-05-04, 13:38
well the pet idea is a good idea. I always thought that the Soulcluster should be the replacement to the parashock of the PPU . I mean we should be able to cast it and then control it with some console commands like in any mmorpg, have its damage boosted then.
SC as a start is good, it tops at 93/93 it is a good mob, sheltered i would be able to bring down a grim easily.
As of today we can't control it properly : it is either firing at us , and we need to cast it to select the target everytime, so dumb :(

But I wouldn't mind having a good SC by my side as a replacement for the Para and if i could charm some other beast that would be the nicest replacement but we shouldn't (or any class) be able to spawn a grim chaster out of nowhere :p ...uber.
A grim chaser in PP, lol :p

]v[ortice
04-05-04, 13:41
I like the Idea a lot.

I reckon there's a lot of potential for all of this.

Why not have pets for characters?

Pets who help during combat... maybe going up to a half-way decent level.

I would gladly let go with both hands of parashock if PPUs could spawn Mobs to protect themselves.

Imagine having a 1* Desert Alpha Wolf who you could train to attack other runners. Maybe requiring points to train them up also.

Man I want me a Dragonfly :)

***** for extra content :)

metalangel
05-05-04, 12:49
The day ingame I see a Reveller pulling a trailer with a Grim standing on it is the day I leave Neocron.

:rolleyes:

___T-X____
05-05-04, 13:16
Its the 28th Century Metal, get down with the technology !.

I dont like the idea of the mobs being Buffable, that goes to far.

Xaru
05-05-04, 13:21
The day ingame I see a Reveller pulling a trailer with a Grim standing on it is the day I leave Neocron.

:rolleyes:

Hmm, why that? I actually would take lots of images and get em developed and have a good laugh with my friends :)

Id love to see more diversity in the game. Check out my treasuremap idea in the signature.

Regards
Xaru

winnoc
05-05-04, 13:31
Hireable mobs????

Dude, if my spy doesn't wash or shave for a week, i look like a y-trooper and smell like a kamikaze soldier.

I charge 150k nc per op fight :-)

Dm me ingame ROOAAAARRRR !!!!!

hinch
05-05-04, 13:48
i believe its called creature handler in SWG :)

though this is something i would love to see in nc yet it would also require the mobs to spawn baby version of them selfs to be tamed etc.they would also have to be considerably harder/double hp etc

winnoc
05-05-04, 14:12
If i ever get one of them dirty "beasthandlers" keeping his "pets" in my viaroso 3 luxury appartmentbuilding, I'M MOVING OUT!!!!

Original monk
05-05-04, 14:22
Hireable mobs????

Dude, if my spy doesn't wash or shave for a week, i look like a y-trooper and smell like a kamikaze soldier.

If i ever get one of them dirty "beasthandlers" keeping his "pets" in my viaroso 3 luxury appartmentbuilding, I'M MOVING OUT!!!!

im supprised they didnt kick you out allready by now :)

and to stay a biton topic: yeah i would like to have a animal i could control :P like a small mc5 guard or anything :P

nah, it doesnt have to be that hi ranked: a pet would be cool allready :)