PDA

View Full Version : Shout Out To Graffers

ZenOne
03-05-04, 18:24
any out there playin neocron??wud nice 2 have a bit of a graf community on here! who knows, perhaps kk want some stuff in DoY (lol, yeah rite!) get ya flix up! plus, asif gettin a graffer to do ya some clanny stuff for tha walls of NC wudnt be nice eh?

Gestra
03-05-04, 18:50
How about a shout out to, muggers, drunk drivers, jay walkers, rapists, junkie scum and murders to?

Yes, a crime is a crime is a crime.

ZenOne
03-05-04, 18:53
lol, coz i havent met a graffer yet who stabbed sumone in tha face

Gestra
03-05-04, 18:57
Nah they mainly shit there putrid drawings over other peoples property and basically makes the world look ugly.

Guy walking along feels down sees ugly scrawlings and crayon like drawings of a 3 year old over everything, Gets pissed and stabs the next person he sees in the face.

Grafetti its mainly just as much of a crime as anything else. I would not smear shit all over someones house and then call it art, yet these retards smear there shit over everything then fawn at it.

GG to that.

Original monk
03-05-04, 18:58
murder, junks, scum

intresting thread by default :)

but about the graffers, im not one, but im a fan tough, i live in antwerp and we have real masterpeaces hanging around here, its not yust some spraying lol

its art

and graffiti isnt illegal at all gestra :) spraying it on the wrong places is illegal :)

but i understand what ya mean ffcourse ...

anyway zen, dont you have anything neocronstyle or post-apocalyptic you painted ?? its a nice tag yeah, but let us see some more :)

anyway cu laterz all

ZenOne
03-05-04, 19:02
yeah man theres some stuff i gotta get scanned in, ya lucky to b from germany, theyve got some of tha worlds best man, anyways if anyone wants any for a clan logo or summat, drop me a pm n i'll get back to ya.......

Archeus
03-05-04, 19:06
My cousin years ago used to work for a photo shop making photos for people (in London). Grafitti artists used to rountinely send in thier prints, which the shop then copied and gave to BR (british rail) along with the address for a reward.

Original monk
03-05-04, 19:06
Guy walking along feels down sees ugly scrawlings and crayon like drawings of a 3 year old over everything, Gets pissed and stabs the next person he sees in the face.

:P priceless

but it means graffiti is a sensitive subject it seems o_O

ZenOne
03-05-04, 19:34
them 3 year olds, wish i cud draw like this at 3! l8rzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Judge
03-05-04, 19:53
Real graffiti artsists I don't mind. In fact I think that they make the city look alot more vibrant than the plan grey of walls. Its people who just spray their name in shit paint, let it drip everywhere, have no real artistic skill and ruin the real graffiti that piss me off.

Nah they mainly shit there putrid drawings over other peoples property and basically makes the world look ugly.

This guy is talking about the real graffiti artists noob, who do good drawings like the ones he's attached.

lmao.... Whatever dude.

Grafetti its mainly just as much of a crime as anything else. I would not smear shit all over someones house and then call it art, yet these retards smear there shit over everything then fawn at it.

So graffiti is as bad a crime as mugging or ********? Yeah, right. The proper Graffiti is art, and generalising all graffiti artists as "retards" is so harsh and uncalled for.

ZenOne
03-05-04, 19:59
we call em toys Judge, ****** fashion writerz, who get into coz its all a bit kool n that. nobz! thats why people like Gestra get there diss on coz theres all these twats runin around with there plastikote thinkin theyz tha bomb!

Gestra
03-05-04, 20:10
[ edited ]

slaughteruall
03-05-04, 20:21
[ edited ]

Could not agree more. Would of used sighlty different words but would of been basically the same thing.

Slaughter

retr0n
03-05-04, 20:30
Disagree with Gestra completly, and fully agree with Judge on this one.
I dont do it myself because i dont have the skillz and it would only be like the
"toys" you describe, so i just never did it.

This guy however has some l33t skills... DAIM (http://www.daim.org/murals1.html)

ZenOne
03-05-04, 20:35
aha tha Daim connection. jeez u germans got good graffers, if ya like his stuff m8, do a search for 'Seak' retr0n, or 'ShokOne' if ya wanna see some brit graf

StryfeX
03-05-04, 20:38
<Truckload of shit.> [ edited ]

If you don't like it, no one's forcing you to post in the thread. As for the "wrongness" of graffiti, if permission is granted, there *IS NO* "wrongness" associated with it.

Now, I'm not much of a fan of most graffiti. It's not that I don't like it, it's more that it's not my thing. There are some peices, however, that I will give respect for regardless. Art doesn't have to be "conventional", either. Just look at Picasso. (I don't like his stuff either, but I respect it anyway.)

--Stryfe

Furion
03-05-04, 20:41
[ edited ]

Marx
03-05-04, 20:44
Gestra - Do you feel the same way about posted advertisements?

The way I see it, these things take time to do, generally they're shitty, but some times they are amazing works. Not all artists are born with the skill and ability, one has to work up to it. While I generally don't condone illegal actions, stuff like this is really...

Really...

Not worth the time.

If a shopkeeper doesn't want that stuff on their wall, they can shell out the cash to buy some of the special paint/silicone which doesn't allow the paint to set.

As I first said, I would much rather see lanes of grafitti as opposed to billboards telling me to buy shit I don't need.

P4mp3rk3
03-05-04, 20:46
[ edited ]

But...that would probably make it art again :) What is art?
I can see Gestra walking past someone being murdered and going like "oh well, at least it's not graffiti"

I certainly think there's some damn nice pieces out there, as long as it's not just plain "taggin" and not on random public buildings (like the front wall of a bank/school,...I don't mind about those 4 walls standing in the woods like in that first picture you posted)

Clownst0pper
03-05-04, 20:59
I think its wonderful, as long as its not the bollox like dwain loves britney 4 eva, then its brilliant.

The world as your canvas..Ahh magic :D

suler
03-05-04, 21:05
Wow I've never seen somebody so hostile towards graffiti, I'm not going to say there's nothing wrong with it but saying a crime is a crime is the dumbest thing I've ever read seriously.

If all crimes were the same why the hell would they have different punishments depending on the nature of the crime?

Also you are punishing everybody who chose to read this thread with mind rotting crap you just spewed out through your keyboard just like the graffitti you complain about.

Gotterdammerung
03-05-04, 21:14
please try to control yourselves. I know you probably are "keepin' it real" but try and post in a constructive manner IF you feel the need to express yourself

Jest
03-05-04, 21:14
Most graffiti is shite. Its people who spell their name in 1337 with a single color spray paint bottle and think are thugs that give graffiti a bad name. "Omg did you see the stop sign that says j357 that was totally me!!!" Pft. If you (the general you) are trying to prove yourself a baddass, go do a real crime lol. You arent some kind of anti-authority hero because you piss your name on the wall.

That being said, Zen I think you've got a kick ass talent. I love real graffiti artists like the link that some one posted. Ive never understood why more people dont actually hire graffiti artists for like parks murals or design work on buildings. It'd be cool to be a graffiti 4 hire business.

Just dont do anything illegal. If you have to look over your shoulder when doing your art then it might be time to revaulate your chosen hobby. ;)

ZenOne
03-05-04, 23:38
thnx Jest, perhaps sum people like it some dont. pretty much say that about every single thing in this world really, apart from neocron (when it dont crash :) )

Psychoninja
03-05-04, 23:57
Nice work.
I had a friend who was a graffer, he showed me some stuff he did in Italy and poland when he went there for the summer. It was pretty nice :)

A friend of mine graffitied his room, put his name and some of his friends names on the wall. It looks REALLY nice, I'm surprised his mom let him do it :p

Mingerroo
03-05-04, 23:57
I think the vibrant colours of graffiti can really pull of an awesome image, and certainly lighten up areas such as skate parks. However, as per usual there is a time and a place for everything. Whilst I totally dig the graf of anyone who was invited to paint there, I disagree with defacing somebody else's property.

Graffiti is cool, some of the places it is placed is not so cool, some of the places it is placed make for excellent visual surroundings. Art is what separates the man from the machine, be it corporate or mechanical.

Steve

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-05-04, 00:15
How about a shout out to, muggers, drunk drivers, jay walkers, rapists, junkie scum and murders to?

Yes, a crime is a crime is a crime.

how bout a shout out to self richeous people ?

grafitti is an art, it's not like the guy posted a pic of grafitti on an expensive building. god I hate people who think they are superior due to their own moral code :/

Scikar
04-05-04, 00:17
I guess it's probably because most English cities are covered in the shit graffiti, while others in Europe seem to have better artists. A friend of mine used graffiti for his art project, the final result was a large board which I thought was pretty cool. He went to a bunch of cities for his research, and generally found complete shit in England, and then some pretty decent stuff when he went to Germany.

Psychoninja
04-05-04, 00:36
Graffiti in Mexico City is BAD and I mean really BAD.
You'll be lucky to go 2 - 3 blocks in a residential area without finding some illegal graffiti. The custom pretty much came from the US :(

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-05-04, 01:38
NYC wouldent be what it is to me without any grafitti. I dont condone it on a nice corprate building, or someones house, I mean anyone would have to be stupid to do so. But on abbandoned houses like the thread starters and torn down old buildings or 30 year old trains, it is something worth while, anyone who complains about that is just being hard headed and critical.

kurai
04-05-04, 02:30
I'm with Jest (and a few others) on this.

99.9999% of all grafitti is the product of infantile incompetents and has no more significance or artistic worth than dog piss on a lamppost.

Forget My Name
04-05-04, 02:36
NYC wouldent be what it is to me without any grafitti. I dont condone it on a nice corprate building, or someones house, I mean anyone would have to be stupid to do so. But on abbandoned houses like the thread starters and torn down old buildings or 30 year old trains, it is something worth while, anyone who complains about that is just being hard headed and critical.

WTF you smoking? Corperate building deserve to be graphitti'd.

retr0n
04-05-04, 07:53
I'm with Jest (and a few others) on this.

99.9999% of all grafitti is the product of infantile incompetents and has no more significance or artistic worth than dog piss on a lamppost.

Then plz define art?

Thnx for the names Zen, i'll make sure to check 'em out when i get back from
school...

REVKhA
04-05-04, 07:59
graffiti is art , nough said, anyone saying otherwise is a hater ,
bunch of stupid haters

retr0n
04-05-04, 07:59
That being said, Zen I think you've got a kick ass talent. I love real graffiti artists like the link that some one posted. Ive never understood why more people dont actually hire graffiti artists for like parks murals or design work on buildings. It'd be cool to be a graffiti 4 hire business.

Well over here (sweden) when our new shopping mall (sp?) was opening
they hired a bunch of graffitin artists to paint one side of it. Its basicly
a wall about 250m long. It looks kick-ass. And it wasnt just a bunch of
kids running around with spray cans... It was real graffiti artists.

Jest
04-05-04, 08:24
graffiti is art , nough said, anyone saying otherwise is a hater ,
bunch of stupid haters Like I said, most graffiti people dont do it for art's sake, they do it because they like to write their name on the wall and feel like they are fighting the system. The public defacement of private property is wrong no matter how great the talent. Example,
Jackson Pollock (http://www.guggenheimcollection.org/site/artist_bio_129.html) is considered one of the great American artists of the 20th century, but that doesnt give him the right to go to YOUR house, on YOUR property, and dump paint all over it in the namesake of art. (I use him as an example because the dumping of paint seemed to more or less be his style). The over all product might even potentially be considered art by many people, but that still doesnt give him the right to do it wherever the hell he wants. I swear do you people even give a second thought to your own beliefs? Lets try and not be dumb asses people and immediately call some one a hater because they have a valid reason to dislike graffiti artists. Stop playing Jet Set Radio and come back to the real world.

As I stated before, I love graffiti when done legally. Its friggin awesome and I wish they had more of an outlet to do their art legally, but that doesnt justify it being done illegally. ;)

Shadow Dancer
04-05-04, 08:40
Stop playing Jet Set Radio and come back to the real world.

lmfao

I wish they had more of an outlet to do their art legally, but that doesnt justify it being done illegally. ;)

I agree.

joran420
04-05-04, 08:51
i dun give a fuk id rather see some nice lookin graffiti(read:not crap) then look at some rusted out 30 year old train that isnt even operational anymore...or some beat up paint chipped wal that hasnt been touched for 20 years(hell maybe the graffiti will inspire the owners of said wall to at least give it a new paint job to cover up the graffiti

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-05-04, 09:36
Like I said, most graffiti people dont do it for art's sake, they do it because they like to write their name on the wall and feel like they are fighting the system. The public defacement of private property is wrong no matter how great the talent. Example,
Jackson Pollock (http://www.guggenheimcollection.org/site/artist_bio_129.html) is considered one of the great American artists of the 20th century, but that doesnt give him the right to go to YOUR house, on YOUR property, and dump paint all over it in the namesake of art. (I use him as an example because the dumping of paint seemed to more or less be his style). The over all product might even potentially be considered art by many people, but that still doesnt give him the right to do it wherever the hell he wants. I swear do you people even give a second thought to your own beliefs? Lets try and not be dumb asses people and immediately call some one a hater because they have a valid reason to dislike graffiti artists. Stop playing Jet Set Radio and come back to the real world.

As I stated before, I love graffiti when done legally. Its friggin awesome and I wish they had more of an outlet to do their art legally, but that doesnt justify it being done illegally. ;)

How do you know what grafitti artist's think ? Are you an expert? What you said is purely speculation on your part. You must have played to mutch jet set radio to think this way.

And I don't know where you live but everywhere I have been grafitti is only on shit old messed up buildings or transit walls that are cleaned once a month anyway. You act like grafitti is the bane of the world's youth. Yeah there all potheads and gang bangers too :/ You can't compare grafitti to walking into someones house and defacing it, there is a big line between the two.

Original monk
04-05-04, 09:47
i dun give a fuk id rather see some nice lookin graffiti(read:not crap) then look at some rusted out 30 year old train that isnt even operational anymore...or some beat up paint chipped wal that hasnt been touched for 20 years(hell maybe the graffiti will inspire the owners of said wall to at least give it a new paint job to cover up the graffiti

there is indeed lots of junkgraffiti ... little kids spraying there names in a single colour on the most disturbing place ya can imagine ... vandalism yeah ... but thats not graffiti ... or not the kind where zenone is talking about ...

behind our work there is a small park .. where graffiti-artists meet and exchange info and discuss graffiti ... spraying is legal there and there are alot of graffiti-events ..

things you see there are real masterpieces :) for example there was an artist and he's wife yust got a baby .. so he painted the face of the baby on 4 x 4 meter on a wall there ... very nice: its like looking at a 4x4 picture ... such detail .. but ffcourse its mostley fantasy and dreamlike images, or dreamlike wars and stuff, real crazy

on the highest and biggest wall there is a giant text:" MEETING OF STYLEZ "
and thats what it is there ... very impressive

so yeah respect for those people, when i got time i will make some pictures and post em here :) its worth it

suler
04-05-04, 09:55
I definetly agree with jest on the main topic of this, my post earlier was mainly commenting on the whole a crime is a crime thing.

A good portion of my years growing up I lived in downtown las vegas. The point of that is the school I went to was tagged about every week honestly, the school then painted it over again every week. It might of been art sometimes but either way this cost the school money to do and it's not like the downtown schools had alot of funding anyways.

uh I didn't really have a point to that story but it went with graffiti.

retr0n
04-05-04, 11:00
I think everybody is getting way OT on this thread, it's not about graffiti
being legal or not... Anybody got some nice links / images of graffiti art?

Scikar
04-05-04, 11:12
Compare:
1)http://www.graffiti-art.com/phonodrome/photos/daddy.jpg
2)http://www.pecos.net/news/images99/graffiti.jpg
3)http://www.vaxer.net/~sylvar/graffiti/fuem1.jpg
4)http://www.isle-sur-sorgue-antiques.com/urban/isle-graffiti-1/h4b-graffiti-artists-france-french-underground.jpg

1) Looks cool.
2) These people should be shot.
3) These people should practice on a board somewhere first, and if they don't, they should be shot.
4) The original picture is clearly excellent, and then some of those people who should be shot have obviously come along and made their 'contribution'.

Conclusion: Graffiti by people with actual talent is pretty good. However even when someone with talent does something decent, it's then destroyed by the morons who just want to put their name on everything.

Jeros82
04-05-04, 11:25
[Copbot Vioce]
DROP THAT SPRAYCAN !

I SAID ... PUT THAT SPRAYCAN DOWN !!!!

[/Copbot Voice]

:D

Original monk
04-05-04, 11:40
scikar: the sprayings here in antwerp cannot be compared by far with the things you posted above: the things here i can best compare with salvador dhali-like work/art , with detail and overflows from wich you start drooling :)

and they seem stolen straight out of youre dreams :)

but i get the point yeah :)

but a graffiti artist gotta start somewhere :)

Estabin
04-05-04, 13:46
I would much rather see graffiti than have to deal with some of the bullshit billboards and crappy advertisements.....