PDA

View Full Version : ** An alternative to the affects of Shocking **

Capt. Rik
03-05-04, 17:35
Idea originated from my brother Lagalot.

THE IDEA

Instead of having the parashock spells and the melee electroshockers glue you to the ground, how about give them the ability to drain stamina.

The non-rares can remove up to half a opponents stamina if the damage is capped (178% for melee, 650~% for psi).

The rare versions should have the ability to remove all of a users stamina if fully capped (thus forcing them to use a stamina booster to overcome the effects).

All should have either a) medium rate of fire or b) a delay between using/casting

retr0n
03-05-04, 17:44
It's been suggested a few times in the past, still is a great idea, just dont see
it comming since the entire KK staff playes PPU's and just dont want to part
with it..

Morganth
03-05-04, 17:44
Voted Something Else, reason:

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with Para, as its the only spell a PPU has to get away from Mobs/Players when unbuffed. Just Para, and run away.

Having said that, I think anti-shock drugs take too long to kick in.

retr0n
03-05-04, 17:45
Having said that, I think anti-shock drugs take too long to kick in.

I could settle for that aswell... if they would work instantly and give no drug
haze i would be a happy camper...

naimex
03-05-04, 17:47
I donīt know what to vote...

So Iīll just wait, till i get some more opinions on this...

canīt quite put my finger on if I think itīs good, or a wasted effort.

slaughteruall
03-05-04, 17:47
Not a good idea if you ask me. So you use a stamina booster to overcome para. So why cant you use a anti-para drug to overcome para? Oh wait you can. By some drugs and live with it. Everyone carries stamina boosters (or at least they should) not everyone carries anti drugs that is there fault not mine.

Slaughter

hivemind
03-05-04, 17:49
Whatever. Anything different is better. It can't get any worse.

Shadow Dancer
03-05-04, 17:50
anti-shock drugs are not good enough.

Anyways I like this idea. It should be an effect that rapidly drains your stamina while ticking away and you would need to take an antishock drug to get rid of it.

Also, if this is implemented then stamina boosters should work like psi boosters.

But this idea won't get implemented. Too many ppus will use poor excuses to go against it. Excuses like they need it to escape from one person, or to level. :rolleyes:

Strych9
03-05-04, 17:50
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=87617

Nothing new to see here. Move along. ;)

Gestra
03-05-04, 17:51
Stamina boosters regaining stamina instantly makes this idea extremely shit.

Parashock is fine. Remove drug flash from anti para drugs and it is perfectly balanced at the moment the drug flash is the only real draw back.

sn8
03-05-04, 18:05
Para is fine as it is. just get rid of the drug haze for all the anti drugs.

Yeah wot gestra said!!!

Forget My Name
03-05-04, 18:08
Just make para ppu only, and take off the rotating slow-down, so you can still turn and defend yourself.

Shadow Dancer
03-05-04, 18:08
IF the skill-less spell is going to stay the way it is, then drugs need to be cheaper, they need to stack, and drug haze has to go.

retr0n
03-05-04, 18:11
IF the skill-less spell is going to stay the way it is, then drugs need to be cheaper, they need to stack, and drug haze has to go.

word sd

superfresh
03-05-04, 18:17
Not a good idea if you ask me. So you use a stamina booster to overcome para. So why cant you use a anti-para drug to overcome para? Oh wait you can. By some drugs and live with it. Everyone carries stamina boosters (or at least they should) not everyone carries anti drugs that is there fault not mine.

Slaughter

Good advice. I've always carried around the antishock/antidamage stuff. They seem to work fine.

Dribble Joy
03-05-04, 18:28
Old and good idea.

Rather than drain, make it like a weapon that removes sta instead of hp.
HP should drain all of sta.

That said I would rather see it made PvM only. Vile piece of weaponry. If you need para to get away from someone, you really are a shit ppu, you can out heal 6 people ffs. Caught un buffed? any ppu caught unbuffed should not die, if they doo, they are a crap ppu and deserve to die.

Shadow Dancer
03-05-04, 18:29
If you need para to get away from someone, you really are a shit ppu, you can out heal 6 people ffs. Caught un buffed? any ppu caught unbuffed should not die, if they doo, they are a crap ppu and deserve to die.

Amen Dribble.

hivemind
03-05-04, 18:39
Ahh, the old "We need it to get away" argument.

What a crock of shit. I've never seen it used like that.

Clownst0pper
03-05-04, 18:43
Hmm, I dunno, the only time I h8 parashock is when I have no drugs, otherwise it doesnt bother me :rolleyes:

Gestra
03-05-04, 18:44
Old and good idea.

Caught un buffed? any ppu caught unbuffed should not die, if they doo, they are a crap ppu and deserve to die.

because an unbuffed PPU is magically fucking strong or something? Please can you talk less fucking bollocks.

An unbuffed PPU who is obviously not at full atention being unbuffed is easy to drop, have his life would be gone before he even got a chance to shield.

I would like to counter by saying, dying as a PE tank or APU becuase you are para shocked means you are extremely fucking shit and have no skills at all and infact while like fuck about the para effect since it is such a lovely fucking excuse to coverup your extremely lack of fucking skills talent or and redeeming useful factor. The para effect is random, sometime it freezes hard, you can always move though, and the drugs to take it away work fine.

Parashock itself is now crap for runnig away from multiple enemies. You cannot para them all because of the ridiculous cast time and psi energy usage. Infact the best bet for running away is too parashock barrel yourself as a ppu, cast the anti para and run.

The normal one target beam type parashock is much more like a damage boost or a level 3 combat boost in the way in which in boosts your team mates ability to kill the enemy. Parashock is a damn excellent weapon for a team based game, rather than a random free for all melee'ing FPS extravagansa.

Parashock and dboost an enemy, team mates lock on to that weakened target, kill it, move on to the next. It at least brings the slightest part of a fucking tactical element to the game but it seems people can not in the slightest stand that at all.

Parashock is in no way a skill less spell. It can be as tactical to parashock the right person as it can be to anti buff the person.

But no no, lets just nerf everything in the game down to extremely simple game play so the stupid fucking idiot sheep live masses can all bah in harmonic unison at the slightest complex idea that then can not shift there grazing heads to fathom a soluton too.

Parashock is not skillless. Dying because you were parashock is what is skillless. Maybe people should look at thereself before being so quick as too find ways to blame there own mis shortcomings unto others.

hivemind
03-05-04, 18:50
Yeah, must be we all suck.

Yep, that's it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morganth
03-05-04, 18:59
All Hail Gesta! Speaker of Truth! Defender of Para!

sn8
03-05-04, 19:04
Remove Para = Anti Shock Drugs

If u dont have 3 anti shock drugs in ure belt (Other then PPU's who should have the anti para spell) then u need to get some, simple. None of my characters hae less than 10 anti shocks on them at any one time.

Thats what they are there for. Just get rid of the drug flash and we will all be happy.

I agree with Gestra. Its a team game, Para and D/Boost give the PPU more to do other than stand about waiting for people to need new shields or healing.

You have more of a chance of death from being shot at than being para'd neway.

REMOVE WEAPONS??

SirRah
03-05-04, 19:16
ok lets see how para works in usual PvP i.e. in PP:

I fight usually as APU without a PPU. i dont mind fighting two people at once but once a PPU shows up im fucked. not because the PPU buffs my opponent - not because he para's me.

ok, take anti shock you'd say. but how long does it take to work? 2 seconds? im highly vulnerable in these 2 seconds, cuz i cant fucking move. i cant even turn around and hit the other guy. its even worse when im db'd cuz this increases para for some reason.

alright now, guess how long an unbuffed APU can stand vs a tank with CS at close range?

Shadow Dancer
03-05-04, 19:20

I fight usually as APU without a PPU. i dont mind fighting two people at once but once a PPU shows up im fucked. not because the PPU buffs my opponent - not because he para's me.

ok, take anti shock you'd say. but how long does it take to work? 2 seconds? im highly vulnerable in these 2 seconds, cuz i cant fucking move. i cant even turn around and hit the other guy. its even worse when im db'd cuz this increases para for some reason.

alright now, guess how long an unbuffed APU can stand vs a tank with CS at close range?

Exactly.

Parashock.........tactical..... :lol:

You can be spammed, and in those 4 seconds that you're frozen stiff(and can't aim)you can die extremely fast and easily.

It's not enough ppus get shelters/heals/damage boost/resist buffs/ and combat buffs, no it's not enough to already unbalance PvP to hell and back with those spells but they also need parashock.

You know, just to escape. :rolleyes:

Parashock is far too offensive to be a PPU spell. It should be change to be much more defensive. You shouldn't just pick and choose who you want to slow down, so they can die. :rolleyes:

Gestra
03-05-04, 19:28

ok, take anti shock you'd say. but how long does it take to work? 2 seconds? im highly vulnerable in these 2 seconds, cuz i cant fucking move.

You can see a parashock being cast, You can take the drug before it is cast on you. It takes 2ish seconds to cast a parashock, You can time drug usage so it takes it off right after it is cast. Thats why the cheaper drugs can be sometimes better than the expensive ones.

Shadow Dancer
03-05-04, 19:30
You can see a parashock being cast,

Just like a ppu can see a debuff being cast.

Funny thing is, debuff is like 20x more noticable.

Dribble Joy
03-05-04, 19:31
You can see a parashock being cast, You can take the drug before it is cast on you. It takes 2ish seconds to cast a parashock, You can time drug usage so it takes it off right after it is cast. Thats why the cheaper drugs can be sometimes better than the expensive ones.
Oh dear lord not that pathetic excuse.

Why do people want Para?

What other reason other than to remove their skills and abilities they possess, along with their speed, so that you can kill them without effort?
This IS a skill based PvP game and this spell ahs no place in removing it.

SirRah
03-05-04, 19:32

so you have the PPU always in sight, every second, even when you fight and dodge the shots of your enemy?

btw you are right. everybody who dies because he was para'd is skillless. Para just kills every bit of your skill in a fight....

Gestra
03-05-04, 19:37
Oh dear lord not that pathetic excuse.

Whats pathetic about adding tactical elements to a fight, Whats pathatic about having people pay attention to whats happening during a fight, to have some situational awareness. It seems much more you are the person who wants to limit remove and reduce the skills needed in PvP. Fighting with and against Para is a skill. If you can cope with it, perhaps try some single player FPS with godmode on?

Rather than trying to reduce the overall skill that is used by everyone else in the game.

Just like a ppu can see a debuff being cast.
Funny thing is, debuff is like 20x more noticable.

Yup you can see debuff, only ones to miss are the sniper 200m habs that can sometimes happen, but you should notice the icons in the corner of the screen more than anything else when paying attention.

Debuff like para is good. It adds depth varity and variation into the gameplay. Rather than stale simplistic rock paper scissors, that alot of people seem to wish to turn this game into.

so you have the PPU always in sight, every second, even when you fight and dodge the shots of your enemy?

btw you are right. everybody who dies because he was para'd is skillless. Para just kills every bit of your skill in a fight....

No you dont, You can try to though, watch 2 people rather than one. Adding depth and challenge to the game, its seems most people have trouble coping with those concepts though. Try getting better rather than whining about it? or does that require too much effort.

People who blame parashock as there cause of death, choose to name that rather than there own skills, so yes that are fucking skilless in that aspect and no parashock did not make them that way; garunteed remove para people will find something else to whine about; they are allready that way parashock is just a handy strawman and clutch they can use, coping with and fighting against parashock is a skill simple as that. Perhaps people should try to learn and adapt. Either that or just die out allready.

jiga
03-05-04, 19:48
Keep para in war zones. Eliminate the use of it evrywhere else