PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Mobs getting worse?

Biznatchy
03-05-04, 17:29
Out around MB with my new APU (full go on monkacron) twice within like an hour that a phantom mob starts shooting me. This problem has been around for some time but ive seen it more in the last two weeks or so. Anyone else been seeing this more often. I know its a bug thats been around a long time I just want to know if its getting worse or not.

For thoes that arnt up on this bug, its when a mob spawns and it cant be seen by anyone. It still shoots you and chases you across the zone. If you relog it pops up and you can see it. You really notice it with warbots when that phantom parachock comes out of nowhere, and your health starts to drop.

Scikar
03-05-04, 17:33
I've only ever seen this once, it was about year ago, in J-02 with a WB. 2 out of the 5 in my team could see the WB, the rest saw nothing, yet it was attacking me. I took a couple of screenshots and thought nothing of it, and haven't seen it since.

Tesee
03-05-04, 17:43
on Venus too in J02 but it's been a long time I haven't seen such ghost wb.

I can tell that sometimes a "ghost wb" is normally seen by other gamer. that's really strange.

StryfeX
03-05-04, 20:09
My spy on Saturn got annihilated by a phantom WB just yesterday. It's only happened twice since I started playing that I can remember.

--Stryfe

Ka0s^
03-05-04, 20:13
ive had it a few times hunting Wbs

SjanTeN^
03-05-04, 20:15
My tank got killed by a phantom small sewer rat in the sewers :lol:

Biznatchy
03-05-04, 23:01
J 02 seems to be a common point on this. Thats where the bunker is with the citymerc guys around it right. Thats the same sector i saw the two of them this weekend.

ezza
04-05-04, 00:25
ya this has started happening again, twice the other day a warbot spawning with stealth running :rolleyes:

Dru Blood
04-05-04, 00:49
you know when guards get stuck in the textures they have the ability to shoot anywhere in the zone, same for mobs.

also you sure is wasnt a sniper :D

mr bobo
04-05-04, 01:44
if its at saturn about 2 days ago at bunker i was sniping

le noob
04-05-04, 10:44
you might die trying to relog but if you relog you will be able to see it

SynC_187
04-05-04, 11:40
See it a lot around BD. It seems to be worse on laggy days...

Guess its the server telling your client you've been damaged but forgeting to tell you there's a WB there.

Drake6k
04-05-04, 11:43
You know what sucks more? Phantom players.

Ever not see your friend or have him not see you? Or ever die out of the blue and never see a gun shot or a single person. Yeah it sucks. Sometimes people dont load either.

I actually dont remember that ever happening with a mob to me. I have had them get stuck in walls and or doors before...

Jeros82
04-05-04, 11:44
I can tell that sometimes a "ghost wb" is normally seen by other gamer. that's really strange.

Some see dead wb's, some don't :D

Charles Weng
04-05-04, 12:06
Hey i can see dead WB's too.
A while ago i was hunting with some Chummers of my Clan.
We were standing around and out of nowhere a WB spawns beside us.
I was screaming over TS: "WB beside us" "OMG help me!"
I have to explain i am a Spy.
Ok, i was taking out my HL and shoot at the WB.
Everyone was laughing at me and says i was fighting with my inner Ghosts :).
Then the WB is down and i hack him.
I throw the loot at the botom and evryone says: "Hey he hacks and loots a Ghost...lol"
That was very strange and spooky... :)

With best regards
Charles Weng

Original monk
04-05-04, 12:33
Hey i can see dead WB's too.
A while ago i was hunting with some Chummers of my Clan.
We were standing around and out of nowhere a WB spawns beside us.
I was screaming over TS: "WB beside us" "OMG help me!"
I have to explain i am a Spy.
Ok, i was taking out my HL and shoot at the WB.
Everyone was laughing at me and says i was fighting with my inner Ghosts :).
Then the WB is down and i hack him.
I throw the loot at the botom and evryone says: "Hey he hacks and loots a Ghost...lol"
That was very strange and spooky... :)

With best regards
Charles Weng

lol, everyone was laughing at you but you got the loot didnt ya :P

i think alot of ghost mobs are actually very good stealther spy's :)

but i had it myself a few times ... warbot stuck in a mountain and hitting you constantly cause he's trapped in the enviroment and can shoot very far and true walls and stuff (like a mob in the swampcave thats stuck inside the wall, it can hit ya from everywhere and always seem to hit 100% ... never misses)

after about a 1000 times relogging and searching i could find the wb lol, but thats about the only time i ever saw it :)

still think alot involves sniperstealthercombatspy's :P

i know that out of personal experience :P

IceStorm
04-05-04, 15:36
I got whacked by a phantom Warbot out at Battle Dome last week. It's the first phantom mob I've experienced in a while.

|R@zor|
04-05-04, 16:16
I get a lot of problems with phantom mobs around TG, at the bridge just down the road from the entrance.

Biznatchy
04-05-04, 16:26
Ok first off its not a sniper spy, I know a sniper from a warbot. You relog and right where you were getting hit there is a warbot that your friends dont see is a big clue. Also no tags were droped the time it did get me.

The deal with players not showing up is a big problem, that can be funny at times. I was teamed with 3 clan guys. I zoned and came back they didnt see me so just for kicks I killed two of them (except the PPU), they never saw me just droped dead. I relog and then they see me standing right over them as the ppu is ressing them.

Zaq
05-05-04, 17:33
Yeah I've been noticing phamtom players quite often, I was in plaza the other day looking for a poker, and some guy was poking me and I couldn't see him till I rezoned. Everyone else in the area could see him though.

And frequently when coming out of Tech Haven appartments I see doors opening by themselves and then a few moments later the player would appear in front of me.

Kind of freaks me out sometimes

I've had the invisibile WB before but was a while ago now

Biznatchy
05-05-04, 20:51
Last night this came up again this time it was a cyberguard. I kept seeing a small bit of damge so told the ppu to keep me alive. I log out and right back in didnt restart the client. There was the cyber guard just a few feet from me shooting away. I kill it as its laying there I ask on teamspeak the ppu sitll doesnt see it. I notice the dead cyberguard on the ground its gaining health lol. It fades some time later the ppu never saw it. While it was on the gound my noob apu was shooting the body. I would see the halo, the ppu would see my spell fizzle like i was shooting air.