PDA

View Full Version : exploiting or ok?

prozium
03-05-04, 17:16
i was wondering through the wastelands and happened to come apon Telza FActory or outpost... as i was running through it i noticed there were turrets, but i was nuetral so i thought i was ok...i ran up to the Mainframe area and was trying to make my way out by running up the stairs when i noticed the turrets started attacking me... thought nothing of it, healed and tried to run past them but when i came to the stairs the stun turret kept pushing me away from the stairs and it WAS IMPOSSIBLE to get up the stairs to get out of the OP, so i had to go around,.... i tried for like 5 minutes to get up those stairs and no matter how i tried by ducking jumping running walking the damm turret kept pushing me away and it was impossible to get up them.

is this using a turret to exploit or is it just strategicle placing of turrets where you can get through a certain area?

Strych9
03-05-04, 17:19
You can always do a reset_position command and leave no problem...

Scikar
03-05-04, 17:20
That's the idea of the stuns really. There are no gates on OPs so if you want to stop someone rushing into your OP, you have to place stuns in places like that. It does result in some nasty tricks, but the only way around it is to give is proper gates on OPs.

prozium
03-05-04, 17:25
i wasnt stuck i just could NOt get up those stairs even if my life depended on it so i guess its not exploiting cause u can always kill the turret, but i was a ppu alone wandering around, needed to get up the stairs but couldnt

Ransom
03-05-04, 17:27
While I agree that this use of turrets is an exploit, officially I believe it is not. Many clans do use turrets in this way, indeed there are very few that do not. Those that use stun trap turrets in this fashion will state that you can destroy the turret (well if you have an area effect weapon, because you can't get line of sight so spies and PPU's are stuck). Or you can kill_self- you won't lose anything as it is an outpost (apart from have 3 or 4 implants fall out and get damaged and lose the time that you had spent getting to the location, and the further synaptic imparement time).

I think the reason for putting the turrets there are to split up any attacking force, should they venture into the underground, (but others put them there to be a pain in the behind I'm sure)

Finally turret security can be set to attack all not in clan, or all not in faction. If you don't get the OP bonus, do not venture near the underground.

Ransom

edit: the turrets are usually placed so that they push you into the underground aren't they?

prozium
03-05-04, 17:35
i dunno at telza by the mainframe there is a set of stairs you can go up to exit the OP...the stun wont let you go up those stairs...so you have to run a mile all the way around the OP just to leave

Scikar
03-05-04, 17:40
And if you don't put the stun there, then attackers climb all the way up on to the roof and AoE the underground entrance while they hack.

Gestra
03-05-04, 17:41
Clans stopping people get into there outposts... wow. Quick ban those sploiters now.

A stun turret is designed to stop a persons progress I dont see how them amasingly actually working is an exploit.

The only annoyance is at ops like simmions, where a correctly put turret will get you stuck in a map glitch.

Ransom
03-05-04, 17:41
Oops, just realised I got the wrong turret placement, so with this instance I'll have to change my vote and say not exploiting. And yes the reset_position would work. My comments for the underground entrance stuntrap/gat combo still stands though.

Ransom

prozium
03-05-04, 17:43
i wasnt saying it was an exploit i was just asking, thanks for all the imput though

Scikar
03-05-04, 17:44
Underground is irrelevant. If you can get into the UG, then the turrets won't attack you. If you're in the UG with turrets shooting you it's because someone just took the OP from you, a situation in which you will die anyway.

johngreen2000
03-05-04, 18:58
actually sickar your wrong. It has happened to a friend. He entered the UG and was running around fine there was no battle going on or anything and then the stun turret started to magically work and he was able to leave. He had to reset position to get out. I was able to enter the UG also but the turret didnt bother me.

Ransom
03-05-04, 19:52
Underground is irrelevant. If you can get into the UG, then the turrets won't attack you. If you're in the UG with turrets shooting you it's because someone just took the OP from you, a situation in which you will die anyway.

So you can't enter an enemy underground anymore? I've learned my lesson too many times to try and go back into one these days 8|