PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-2 + Final Mission ^^ *SPOIL*

Kasumi
02-05-04, 15:59
Has anyone played this game??? or anyone played Final Fantasy X?? Both these games are probably the best games since Final Fantasy VII and *are* probably much better than Final Fantasy VII.. ^^ Did anyone find FFX/X2 really sad??? I finally get a bit of free time to beat X-2 with 100% perfect game to see the ending and it is the only game that has made me *cry* since Final Fantasy VII when Aerith died.. :( When Tidus disappeared at the end of FFX I was sad.. ^^ When Shuyin and Lenne disappeared it was really sad.. but when Tidus and Yuna get back together at the end of FFX2 I cried.. ^^;;

The new set of dressphares in FFX2+ last mission are really neat too ^_^ I would say Square-Enix did are *great* job on both games.. ^^ Unfortunately I dont think Final Fantasy XII will be as good as FFX/2.. It seem square-enix is trying to do something different.. I dont know though.. :(

Lexxuk
02-05-04, 16:58
FFX-2 was the first ever FF sequel, so I'm not expecting any more to happen :p FF7 though, had the best combat system, 8 sucked, 9 was nice, 10 was too linear, 10-2 is missing something, I also got the 3/4/5/6 snes versions on my hard drive.. somewhere heh.

Btw, there is apparently 6 endings to x-2 ;)

t0tt3
02-05-04, 16:58
[ edited ]

Kasumi
02-05-04, 17:01
Btw, there is apparently 6 endings to x-2 ;) Only three that I know.. but there might be small variations between Bad Ending, Good Ending and Perfect Ending.. ^^ Final Fantasy VII had really good combat system but I think Final Fantasy X/2 Had the *best* story if you play them one after other.. ^_^

[ edited ]So rude.. :(

Lexxuk
02-05-04, 17:13
I remember from 7, the UK release was different from the Japanese release, which meant that people from Japan were trying their hardest to get hold of the UK Version of the game. For its time, the visuals were stunning, mixing FMV with live animation of char's. With X/X-2, the story is ok, but the linear nature of the game i what lets it down, you go from point a, to point b, to point c, its only towards the end of X you have variation in where you can go, whilst in X-2, it is more liberal, you "have" to do it in a certain way, to finish it properly.

My mother is on like 110 hours of X-2 already (she's completed, 7/8/9/10, just got the kill last monsters on X-2)

Kasumi
02-05-04, 17:20
I remember from 7, the UK release was different from the Japanese release, which meant that people from Japan were trying their hardest to get hold of the UK Version of the game. For its time, the visuals were stunning, mixing FMV with live animation of char's. With X/X-2, the story is ok, but the linear nature of the game i what lets it down, you go from point a, to point b, to point c, its only towards the end of X you have variation in where you can go, whilst in X-2, it is more liberal, you "have" to do it in a certain way, to finish it properly.Arent all RPGs like Final Fantasy X?? Well most of them?? ^^ I not sure what you mean by Liberal.. Do you mean you "have" to do it a certain way to get a vbetter percent?? or to follow the story?? Because you could *fail* all the missions in Final FantasY X2 and still complete the game.. ^_^ I hope your mother enjoys the ending to X2.. :P

I played the english version of Final fantasy VII.. It was a bit more detail and the new weapons were *hard* to beat for how old Final Fantasy VII is.. ^_^ But yes both English and japanese Final Fantasy VII are very different.. ^_^

Mingerroo
02-05-04, 17:22
I felt really emotional in FFX, and FFX-2 made me really sad, but i didnt play it to the end because I couldnt stand how easy it was, there was just no challenge so I left it.

But the dream sequence where both Tidus and Yuna get shot down. *gawp* So emotive. I bloody loved FFX, really respected Tidus, couldn't stand Wakka's unreasonably racist anti-al bhed retorts and really dug the little features, like Kumari's two on one fight at Mt. Gagazet with that really tranquil music in the background.

So yeah, the best story and characters so far in a FF game IMO, just a shame that FFX was too linear (none of that world exploration I've grown to love) and FFX-2 was too easy (I think they over-compensated for the shift in battle system).

Steve

Kasumi
02-05-04, 17:25
I felt really emotional in FFX, and FFX-2 made me really sad, but i didnt play it to the end because I couldnt stand how easy it was, there was just no challenge so I left it.

But the dream sequence where both Tidus and Yuna get shot down. *gawp* So emotive. I bloody loved FFX, really respected Tidus, couldn't stand Wakka's unreasonably racist anti-al bhed retorts and really dug the little features, like Kumari's two on one fight at Mt. Gagazet with that really tranquil music in the background.

So yeah, the best story and characters so far in a FF game IMO, just a shame that FFX was too linear (none of that world exploration I've grown to love) and FFX-2 was too easy (I think they over-compensated for the shift in battle system).

Steve
hehe You should play FFX-2 and play the Via Infinito dungeon.. ^_^ I not sure but I dont think FFX-2 Last MIssion was released outside of a japan.. If it wasnt I think they should have.. ^^

evs
02-05-04, 17:27
it is the only game that has made me *cry* since Final Fantasy VII when Aerith died.. When Tidus disappeared at the end of FFX I was sad.. ^^ When Shuyin and Lenne disappeared it was really sad.. but when Tidus and Yuna get back together at the end of FFX2 I cried.. ^^;;

[ edited ]

Lexxuk
02-05-04, 17:28
Arent all RPGs like Final Fantasy X?? Well most of them?? ^^ I not sure what you mean by Liberal.. Do you mean you "have" to do it a certain way to get a vbetter percent?? or to follow the story?? Because you could *fail* all the missions in Final FantasY X2 and still complete the game.. ^_^ I hope your mother enjoys the ending to X2.. :P

Yes, all RPG's are linear to some effect, but, they should never force you to take a certain route. For instance, in X, you go from point a, then have to go to point b, then c, d, e, f, g, whilst in other games, like, Phantasy Star 4 (best RPG ever!, well, that and Suikoden) allow you leverage, you can go off to do stuff instead of following the story line.

With X-2, you can fail all the missions, but its not "complete" till you hit 100%, and to do that, you have to do things in a certain way, for instance, in Episode 4 or 5, if you "dont" do Zanarkand before the end, you cant get 100%, if you choose to go with Bevellie instead of the other ppl, you can only get 99%, which effects overall gameplay somewhat.

Kasumi
02-05-04, 17:32
[ edited ]
I dont understand?? :/

With X-2, you can fail all the missions, but its not "complete" till you hit 100%, and to do that, you have to do things in a certain way, for instance, in Episode 4 or 5, if you "dont" do Zanarkand before the end, you cant get 100%, if you choose to go with Bevellie instead of the other ppl, you can only get 99%, which effects overall gameplay somewhat.
Ok I see.. ^^ Oh the Zanarkand episode complete is sad too.. ^^;; You can play Blitz ball in X-2 with Yuna in chapter 5 though.. And go against Tidus's team.. and recruit them.. ^_^ Collecting all the Akagi stones, and other story spheres was fun and some of them were a bit *emotional*.. The song 1000 Words with the CG movie was emotional too..

Lexxuk
02-05-04, 17:37
I'm gunna bet you cried when Bambi's mother got shot :p

If you want emotional though, try Suikoden, choices you make thru the game effect how the game pans out, and there is one bit, when someone dies, that is really just so sad :(

SilentEye
02-05-04, 17:38
but when Tidus and Yuna get back together at the end of FFX2 I cried.. ^^;;I'm very sad about you just spoiling a lot of fun for a lot of people.

You see, I completed the game only at 80% as of yet, and at this they do not get together, you just spoiled a bit of fun :(

Lexxuk
02-05-04, 17:39
I'm very sad about you just spoiling a lot of fun for a lot of people.

You see, I completed the game only at 80% as of yet, and at this they do not get together, you just spoiled a bit of fun :(

I think the title of the thread...

Final Fantasy X-2 + Final Mission ^^ *SPOIL*

May have given a clue that this is about the final mission, and "mite" spoil it for people who havent done it yet :p

SilentEye
02-05-04, 17:42
Aye, well my fault I didn't even see the *SPOIL*

Well I'll be sad alone.

Kasumi
02-05-04, 17:43
I'm very sad about you just spoiling a lot of fun for a lot of people.

You see, I completed the game only at 80% as of yet, and at this they do not get together, you just spoiled a bit of fun :(Sorry! but there is alot more to the perfect ending than that.. ^^ Forgive me.. I put spoil in title.. ^_^

If you want emotional though, try Suikoden, choices you make thru the game effect how the game pans out, and there is one bit, when someone dies, that is really just so sad :(I LOVE Genso Suikoden.. I have played all three.. ^_^ It sad when Gremio died but you can bring him back to life.. ^_^ So I wasnt so sad after that.. I *was* sad when nannami from Genso Suikoden 2 died.. :( Than found out I could save her too.. :/ She is my favorite character.. Well and Pesmerga. ^_^ Suikoden IV will be really good.. If you played first 3 you should read about the fourth one..:) I am not sure what other characters you might mean who die in Suikoden.. They all have wonderful stories and that you can build an castle makes it VERY FUN! ^_^

Lexxuk
02-05-04, 17:48
I never got to play 2 or 3, not sure if 3 was ever released in the UK, and 2 is harder to find than gold :( But ya, Gremio dying was sucky, but I brought him back after collecting all the stars for the complete ending. Was fun kickin the dads butt though, rawr :D

jiga
02-05-04, 18:48
IMO FF is pokemon for older ppl

Aziraphale
02-05-04, 18:50

IMO Pokemon is FF for younger people.

Kasumi
02-05-04, 18:51
Neither have anything in common.. Pokemon is a mOnster hunter RPG.. Final Fantasy is a standard RPG.. :/ And I know quite a abit of adults who play Pokemon.. Because it *is* a good game.. ^^

jiga
02-05-04, 18:53
Neither have anything in common.. Pokemon is a mOnster hunter RPG.. Final Fantasy is a standard RPG.. :/ And I know quite a abit of adults who play Pokemon.. Because it *is* a good game.. ^^
I didn't say that pokemon is bad :D

Deicide
02-05-04, 19:09
Has anyone played this game??? or anyone played Final Fantasy X?? Both these games are probably the best games since Final Fantasy VII and *are* probably much better than Final Fantasy VII.. ^^ Did anyone find FFX/X2 really sad??? I finally get a bit of free time to beat X-2 with 100% perfect game to see the ending and it is the only game that has made me *cry* since Final Fantasy VII when Aerith died.. :( When Tidus disappeared at the end of FFX I was sad.. ^^ When Shuyin and Lenne disappeared it was really sad.. but when Tidus and Yuna get back together at the end of FFX2 I cried.. ^^;;

The new set of dressphares in FFX2+ last mission are really neat too ^_^ I would say Square-Enix did are *great* job on both games.. ^^ Unfortunately I dont think Final Fantasy XII will be as good as FFX/2.. It seem square-enix is trying to do something different.. I dont know though.. :(

u cried? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kasumi
03-05-04, 05:07
u cried? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea.. Is there somethign wrong with that???

Scikar
03-05-04, 05:32
I have to say, FF is one of those games that I simply cannot stand. I don't know what it is, but I've given each of them at least a short try since FF7, and I can manage about 15 minutes before I literally have to scream. It drives me insane, the turn based combat, the areas where you take 3 steps and get ambushed yet again by yet another group of 3 enemies, the fact you only have 3 people in a fight, and yet run around by yourself with them magically appearing and disappearing at will, the summon cut-scenes that take 10 minutes each, it just drives me nuts. And yet my mate still asks me to do the water-football thing for him...

I guess it boils down to immersion. Immersion is something I always look for in a game. And immersion requires suspension of disbelief. When people are completely invisible yet appear at convenient times, and fighting is based around turns, suspension of disbelief doesn't happen, and so neither does immersion. The only thing that's ever drawn me to play FF was the sense of achievement I'd get from completing one, and that wasn't enough.

Opar
03-05-04, 09:52
Sorry to bring this up, but....

Final Fantasy VIII. I cried on that one , when that good-for-nothing song came on. 'All eyes on me' or whatever.

God damn *gets a tissue and violins*

Gotterdammerung
03-05-04, 10:02
Somne of you need to remember that we so graciously supplied an "edit" feature so that you don't need to keep posting every 7 min.

jiga
03-05-04, 10:38
I cried when I played final fantasy....because it is pokemon in disguise. don't pretend it's not :D

Deicide
03-05-04, 12:19
Yea.. Is there somethign wrong with that???

please think about it... TWICE......

ok, a little help from my side: ITS A FECKIN VIDEO GAME

QuantumDelta
03-05-04, 12:45

ok, a little help from my side: ITS A FECKIN VIDEO GAME
A little trouble expressing feelings there?

People will have different reactions from different things.

There's absolutely no need to put someone down about expressing their feelings unless you're so insecure you can't stand it.

Opar -- That's just Faye Wongs voice, she does that to lots of peeps ....though mainly in korea :P

Mingerroo
03-05-04, 13:47
It isn't just a video game, it's a playable film, a cinematic experience. A marvellous work of fiction rather than a "bang bang, onoz my mate is dead, oh well.." etc.

Steve

Kasumi
03-05-04, 13:49

ok, a little help from my side: ITS A FECKIN VIDEO GAME Different things effect different people emotionally..

Final Fantasy VIII. I cried on that one , when that good-for-nothing song came on. 'All eyes on me' or whatever. Eyes on me is a beautiful song.. ^^ In Japanese, Chinese and English.. Its one of thebest songs I have heard.. ^^

Edit: I also like to say that I try to put myself into the game.. Instead of thinking it just a video game.. ^_^

Mingerroo
03-05-04, 14:51
I agree kasumi, when I get a good RPG I really try to role-play and feel what the characters are feeling.

Steve