PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Rare Nades

Archeus
02-05-04, 10:52
(nade = Grenade)

Pros: Cheap, easy to carry a lot.
Cons: Have to keep loading your quickbelt. Using destroys them, fun to aim.

Because of this, it should be that once you have constructed the rare nade (or gotten one) you can blueprint it. Should be reasonable-hard to contrust.

Ok onto the Nade types.

#1: Increased damage nade. self explanitory.

#2: Napalm nade. creates an effect like the rare APU fire spell. Anyone in the area gets hurt.

#3: Drug nade. Anyone in the damage area gets drug flash effects for a short time.

#4: PSI nade. Anyone in the damage area gets their PSI pool drained instead of health.

#5: Stun nade. (no not para effect!) Anyone in the damage area gets their stamina pool drained.

#6: Flak nade. Causes no damage but if there is a stealther in the area then they light up so they can be seen. They can't be targetted though and they will know they have been lit up.

amfest
02-05-04, 11:18
I wonder what the supposed TG epic grenade is going to be like . . .

Benjie
02-05-04, 13:11
There were some Support Grenades planned to be added in a patch.
I wonder what happened to those.:confused:

naimex
02-05-04, 13:22
the first 2, is a deffo.

the psi, sta, anti stealth and drug nades.

I voted yes..

but in fact I meant Yes, IF.

For instance, the anti stealth would be some powder thing or what not, revealing the person stealthed (theoretically, game wise it would just cause anti stealth and only last 1 sec, or so)

PSI draining, should take no more psi from pool, than a nade takes from health, at the very most.

STA drainings, I donīt quite know how to get this idea going, except that spikes or something, hitting legs (making legs black so you dont move much)

Drug nade, well I suppose you could mix up some chemicals, creating an intoxication at the affected persons, making them go insta drug-flash

Brammers
02-05-04, 14:09
I dont know which grenade I would like, but a rare BP'able grenade sounds good - just like the rare BP'able drones.

What we really need is flash-bangs!

Archeus
02-05-04, 15:27
Drug nade, well I suppose you could mix up some chemicals, creating an intoxication at the affected persons, making them go insta drug-flash

I can't remember the game but I remember when you got drugged in it, the world flashed and moved strange but also monsters started randomly appearing and attacking you.

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 15:30
the first 2, they should be stackable in ur quick belt in groups of 10 and be melee based.

I like this idea :)

Benjie
02-05-04, 16:00
the first 2, they should be stackable in ur quick belt in groups of 10 and be melee based.

I like this idea :)
I would prefere a DEX based skill called Throwing, or something else perhaps.
All nades could require Strength and Throwing.
After all Tanks have a lot of Dex Points.

Kasumi
02-05-04, 16:03
I like your idea except for this one..

#4: PSI nade. Anyone in the damage area gets their PSI pool drained instead of health.

It doesnt seem to fit Neocron I dont know whyt hough.. ^^

@Clownst0pper

Those are *neocronians* are sooooo! cute!!!.. ^^

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 16:10

Oh cheers for typo ;)

Archeus
02-05-04, 20:45
I like your idea except for this one..

It doesnt seem to fit Neocron I dont know whyt hough.. ^^

Simple.. its a drug grenade that causes temporary disruption in the brain areas that deal with focusing your PSI power.

Omnituens
03-05-04, 00:04
I can't remember the game but I remember when you got drugged in it, the world flashed and moved strange but also monsters started randomly appearing and attacking you.
i dunno about that game, but the Spy special grenade in TFC made the screen wobble like you were being hit and make random grenades appear on your client (so you think you are under attack)

i would rather there be a EMP grenade than a anti-stealth grenade, disables turrets for 30s and stop stealth activating (but if stealth is already on then it doesnt uncover it)

EDIT: why don't your poll options and the grenades you describe match? :confused:

jiga
03-05-04, 00:11
i dunno about that game, but the Spy special grenade in TFC made the screen wobble like you were being hit and make random grenades appear on your client (so you think you are under attack)
They have napalm and poison grenades in TFC aswell. Perhaps something similar for neocron would be good

Omnituens
03-05-04, 00:16
They have napalm and poison grenades in TFC aswell. Perhaps something similar for neocron would be good
poison? i think you are confusing that with the medic's medipack.

Demo has Cluster
HWGay has Cluster
Soldier has Nail
Scout has Caldrops and concs :cool:
Medic has concs :cool:
Engie Bengie has EMP (see above)
Pyro has Napalm
Spy has Hallucination Grenade

LOL conc jumping in NC :lol: :lol: :lol:

jiga
03-05-04, 00:23
poison? i think you are confusing that with the medic's medipack.

Demo has Cluster
HWGay has Cluster
Soldier has Nail
Scout has Caldrops and concs :cool:
Medic has concs :cool:
Engie Bengie has EMP (see above)
Pyro has Napalm
Spy has Hallucination Grenade

LOL conc jumping in NC :lol: :lol: :lol:
I remember a grenade which shoots out yellow stuff and if you get within a certain radius you get infected (can't remember what the exact effect is)

Lanigav
03-05-04, 00:26
Me likey. Bring them on.

Omnituens
03-05-04, 00:35
I remember a grenade which shoots out yellow stuff and if you get within a certain radius you get infected (can't remember what the exact effect is)
thats the Hal Grenade the spy uses. it SOMETIMES drains health, but i think you have to be dumb enough to just stand in the AoE, I stop taking damage when i move away (if the spy gets a chance to throw the grenade at a medic concing over his head with his flag ^_^ )