PDA

View Full Version : [Release] RPLE v6.10.197 Released!

StryfeX
02-05-04, 02:41
Alright folks, here you have it. Another version of the RPLE. Get it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev610197.zip).

RPLE v6.10.197 notes:

Added two new colors to the spreadsheet for the HTML exports. Suggested by Maarten.
Fixed an error in the formatting of the sheet in which some cells were locked.
Reordered the Ultima Mods in order from lowest TL to highest TL, then by alphabetical order if TLs were the same.
Optimized some code for clearing the current spreadsheet page. It should run faster now.
As always, please post bugs/questions/comments/suggestions here.

--Stryfe

Maarten
02-05-04, 03:36
Great, I'll test it right away...

Maarten
02-05-04, 03:43
Bug:

I cannot change the colors of C2 and D2. Even weirder, when I tried to change the color of D2, A4 changed.

StryfeX
02-05-04, 04:33
Bug:

I cannot change the colors of C2 and D2. Even weirder, when I tried to change the color of D2, A4 changed.o_O Ok, I'm on it. Hopefully I'll have a fix within a couple hours.

--Stryfe

/Edit: Ok, it's fixed in v6.11.197. Stupid me forgot to update one of the forms with the new colors. Get it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev611197.zip).

Maarten
02-05-04, 12:18
Thanks, but another bug has slipped into this version.

If you don't have the Judge complete, the parts of the Beam of Hell will not turn green even if you have them all. If you have the Judge complete, the Beam of Hell will turn green even when you don't have it complete.

The exact same story goes for the PSI-ultima which is now controlled by the Special Forces CPU.

Those were the only two I found, but there could be more.

The bug is only appears on the exported HTML page. On the Excel sheet it looks fine.

Check my database in my sig to see what I mean.

StryfeX
02-05-04, 17:24
Thanks, but another bug has slipped into this version.

If you don't have the Judge complete, the parts of the Beam of Hell will not turn green even if you have them all. If you have the Judge complete, the Beam of Hell will turn green even when you don't have it complete.

The exact same story goes for the PSI-ultima which is now controlled by the Special Forces CPU.

Those were the only two I found, but there could be more.

The bug is only appears on the exported HTML page. On the Excel sheet it looks fine.

Check my database in my sig to see what I mean.Bah. Excel must've done something funky with the formulae when I changed the Ultimas around. I'll get it fixed ASAP.

--Stryfe

/Edit: Ok, here's v6.12.197 of the RPLE (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev612197.zip). I found 9 instances where the right lines wouldn't be highlighted when they were complete and they are all fixed. Thanks for the bug reporting, Maarten. Also, to make it a little easier for me to test, could you send me one of your exported dat's?

Maarten
03-05-04, 00:00
Bugs fixed, thank you.

The new HTML sheet is up and I've also uploaded the dat file:
http://neocron.eaglered.net/RPLEData.dat

Oh, and another suggestion:
Maybe you can change the Type/Info column of the PSI spells to a little more precise descriptions. Check http://neocron.eaglered.net/rares2.htm if you need inspiration. This is a low priority thing so don't hurry... :)

What I would like to see is two extra colums.
One that sais "priority" which can be set to "none", "low", "medium", "high" and "very high". This way people can see what are the important parts for me.
The other column would be "needed" or something similar. This would be a simple yes/no or a checkbox. When checked, it would mean I am searching for that particular rare so I won't trade away any parts of it (except I have it more then 5 times) and you increase the chance for a succesfull trade if you offer a missing part of a needed rare.

StryfeX
04-05-04, 01:52
Bugs fixed, thank you.

The new HTML sheet is up and I've also uploaded the dat file:
http://neocron.eaglered.net/RPLEData.dat

Oh, and another suggestion:
Maybe you can change the Type/Info column of the PSI spells to a little more precise descriptions. Check http://neocron.eaglered.net/rares2.htm if you need inspiration. This is a low priority thing so don't hurry... :)

What I would like to see is two extra colums.
One that sais "priority" which can be set to "none", "low", "medium", "high" and "very high". This way people can see what are the important parts for me.
The other column would be "needed" or something similar. This would be a simple yes/no or a checkbox. When checked, it would mean I am searching for that particular rare so I won't trade away any parts of it (except I have it more then 5 times) and you increase the chance for a succesfull trade if you offer a missing part of a needed rare.Excellent ideas, Maarten. I think what I'll do is this: I will start converting the sheet over to the next NC patch version (with all the TL changes and so on) and add in (or attempt to) a "Willing to Trade" checkbox and a "Priority" list, maybe even with color codes! ;) I'll also change the PSI spell descriptions.

In fact, I might even change the PSI spell descriptions before converting over to the new patch. Hmm... Decisions, decisions.

--Stryfe

Maarten
04-05-04, 12:03
When you change those PSI descriptions doesn't matter. If you do them now, it's done. Just don't release a new version of the sheet with the new descriptions as the only new feature. :)

Remember that only the Melee weapons get a TL change.
If you find yourself short on horizontal space because of the two new colums, I wouldn't mind if you remove the "Parts" column. People can already tell how many and what kind of parts each rare needs.

Maarten
28-05-04, 13:50
Any ETA on the new version, StryfeX? :)

StryfeX
28-05-04, 17:35
Any ETA on the new version, StryfeX? :)I'm working on some new export to file/import from file code right now. The export code's all working, just doing some final testing and tweaking of the import code.

I think I finally solved a problem I was having with the import code where if a cell was merged, it would take something like 40 seconds per subcell. Unfortunately, the import process has been slowed down a little more if you have a large amount of 0's. I have yet to find a way around that.

Also, I've added "Willing to Trade" and "Trade Priority" columns. The options for the Willing to Trade column are "Yes" and "No" and the options for the Trade Priority column are "Low", "Medium", and "High". All 5 values between the two columns have their own colors, as well. (I have yet to code that part in, though.)

Another enhancement I've made is that you can hide and show various things on the sheet. For instance, you can choose to hide all Melee Weapons, or Rifles, etc. You can also hide portions of the columns such as the "In Stock" area. This part is going to need some additional testing, as I had to change the protection on the sheet and I'm not sure how it's going to affect people using older versions of Office/Excel, so I will be wanting feedback from Office 97, 2000, and XP users.

Once the new import/export code's done, I'm going to delete the slot enhancers and ultima mods from the Tech Parts sheet and move them over to the Rare Drops sheet, since they now drop whole. I also have yet to do the melee TL/Req changes, and I need to check on the rare drone reqs to make sure they haven't changed either.

So still a lot to do, but most of it's not extraordinarily time-consuming. If I can manage it, expect a release over the weekend, with probably a followup version for the hotfix next week if they change some more things.

--Stryfe

SirRah
28-05-04, 19:05
the melee rares are not updated. some rares need more parts now. looking forward to an updated version ;)

edit: duh i cant read. anyway keep up the good work :p

whifix
28-05-04, 19:39
Congrats Stryfe.

Maarten
28-05-04, 19:44
Could you add "None" and "Very high" to the trade priority list plz?

Other stuff sounds great.

Keep the ultima mods and slotenhancers in the rare parts sheet plz, because they may drop whole now, people still have parts of them and they are not useless. Once they are all build and nobody has parts of them anymore, remove them. People that already don't have parts of them can hide that part.

I have Office XP installed.

Melee rares TL's:

Paw of Tiger 87 5xL
Electric Tempest 91 5xT
PEACEMAKER 94 5xT
Vein Ripper 97 5xT
Blade of Ceres 100 6xT
THE DENTIST 104 6xT
Thunderbolt 110 6xE
Paw of Bear 112 6xE
Devils Grace 115 6xE

Rare drone TL's I'm not sure...

Nuski
28-05-04, 22:24
Dont know if this has been mentioned but you cannot enter a number into the revenge drone bp column.

Keep up the great work look forward to the new release! :)

StryfeX
28-05-04, 23:59
Could you add "None" and "Very high" to the trade priority list plz?

Other stuff sounds great.

Keep the ultima mods and slotenhancers in the rare parts sheet plz, because they may drop whole now, people still have parts of them and they are not useless. Once they are all build and nobody has parts of them anymore, remove them. People that already don't have parts of them can hide that part.

I have Office XP installed.

Melee rares TL's:

Paw of Tiger 87 5xL
Electric Tempest 91 5xT
PEACEMAKER 94 5xT
Vein Ripper 97 5xT
Blade of Ceres 100 6xT
THE DENTIST 104 6xT
Thunderbolt 110 6xE
Paw of Bear 112 6xE
Devils Grace 115 6xE

Rare drone TL's I'm not sure...Alright, I'll keep the ultimas and the slot enhancers in the Tech Parts list for now, but they will be hidden by default. As for the "Trade Priority" settings, yes I *can* add a "None" and a "Very High", but Excel can only do 3 conditional formats per cell, so there will be a *max* of 4 dedicated colors for the "Trade Priority" values.

Also, do you know the M-C and T-C requirements on the melee weapons?

Dont know if this has been mentioned but you cannot enter a number into the revenge drone bp column.

Keep up the great work look forward to the new release! :)Yeah, I found that bug while tinkering around in the new version. It will be fixed (for good!) in the updated sheet.

--Stryfe

Maarten
29-05-04, 01:30
4 colors will be fine...

Info on rare melee weapons:

Paw of Tiger
STR:87 M-C:108
Damage types: piercing (46%), force (39%), poison (15%)

Electric Tempest
STR:91 M-C:110 T-C:79
Damage types: stun (15s)

PEACEMAKER
STR:94 M-C:112
Damage types: force (38%), energy (31%), xray (31%)

Vein Ripper
STR:97 M-C:113
Damage types: piercing (55%), force (30%), poison (15%)

Blade of Ceres
STR:100 M-C:115
Damage types: piercing (51%), force (38%), poison (11%)

THE DENTIST
STR:104 M-C:117
Damage types: piercing (29%), force (48%), fire (23%)

Thunderbolt
STR:110 M-C:120 T-C:87
Damage types: stun (15s)

Paw of Bear
STR:112 M-C:121
Damage types: piercing (46%), force (39%), poison (15%)

Devils Grace
STR:115 M-C:122 T-C:89
Damage types: piercing (46%), energy (33%), xray (21%)

Oh, and the Tangent Speed Gat now has a T-C requirement too...

StryfeX
29-05-04, 02:05
<Lots of good info.>

Oh, and the Tangent Speed Gat now has a T-C requirement too...Say what?! Grr... I wonder if that was planned or not.

--Stryfe