PDA

View Full Version : Who would be YOUR dream DoY publisher?

Opar
01-05-04, 22:21
Now, we now know Big Ben will be publishing DoY. Which is some of the best news this community has had since..... a long time.

But, If you had the choice, who would you choose to publish DoY?

Celt
01-05-04, 22:26
Cdv.

<3

jernau
01-05-04, 22:28
Celt

oh no wait - Big Ben will do.

Actually anyone is an improvement on CDV who seemed to operate out of a shed with no roof.

t0tt3
01-05-04, 22:31
hmm a company that made 82% higher profit with 522 million USD last year O_o

EA itīs in the game..... :rolleyes:

Vampire222
01-05-04, 22:37
ea, but bigben is fine

Nidhogg
01-05-04, 22:40
Actually anyone is an improvement on CDV who seemed to operate out of a shed with no roof.
It had roof when the builder handed it over. ;)

N

Divide
01-05-04, 22:42
EA-- they hype the shit out of their games-- magazines, commercials out the ass and Ive recently seen an EA game shown in the previews at a movie theater now as well.

EA does their games right-- If kk could shack up with EA, b:DoY would have a fucking MASSIVE publicised relaunch-- This would probably effect the relaunch in the US much greater than in Europe, due to the fact that there was virually no publicity over here in the first place.

n3m
01-05-04, 22:49
due to the fact that there was virually no publicity over here in the first place.there wasnt any in europe either

t0tt3
01-05-04, 22:51
there wasnt any in europe either
Did they not advertise it in Germany either? Think so tho....

jernau
01-05-04, 22:51
there wasnt any in europe eitherThere was a little to be fair. Not enough to make a damn of difference but there was a little.

PC Zone had a few articles and so did Penny Arcade for example. Whether CDV had anything to do with either I don't know.

The only adverts I ever saw were on FilePlanet when the DL version came out.

DonnyJepp
01-05-04, 23:02
microsoft :lol:

Barring that, Ubisoft is riding high these days.

petek480
01-05-04, 23:25
sony online

jernau
01-05-04, 23:32
sony online
No.

I will never give those crooked incompetant fucking arse-holes a penny so if they published it I'd not play.

Clownst0pper
01-05-04, 23:42
KK have done fucking good to get big ben, there brilliant.

So exciting! :D

petek480
01-05-04, 23:43
No.

I will never give those crooked incompetant fucking arse-holes a penny so if they published it I'd not play.
Thats why sony online is my dream publisher. They can publish any game they want and basically do whatever they want without and not worry becuase they have enough money. So if sony online ever did publish neocron then maybe kk would stop listening to all the carebears and trying to make them happy becuase they woudln't have to care anymore.

jernau
01-05-04, 23:53
Thats why sony online is my dream publisher. They can publish any game they want and basically do whatever they want without and not worry becuase they have enough money. So if sony online ever did publish neocron then maybe kk would stop listening to all the carebears and trying to make them happy becuase they woudln't have to care anymore.
Eh?

If the game didn't sell the publisher would pull funding whoever they were.

suler
01-05-04, 23:57
Well for everyone in north america the news doesn't mean anything.

petek480
01-05-04, 23:58
Eh?

If the game didn't sell the publisher would pull funding whoever they were.
Maybe I said what I said wrong. I meant that with the power of sony online behind them KK could actually make the game they were making at the beginning before they started listening to the carebears.

naimex
02-05-04, 00:00
KK ;)

then they wonīt have to get along with the other part, hehe..

nah seriously...

I would love if KK published it themselves..

Bl@zed
02-05-04, 04:22
SoE, they are the gods of the mmorpg world, you get them and your just set. Or NcSoft. :D

LaZyBoY
02-05-04, 04:51
Nintendo man they made pokemon think of it a neocron tv show o_O

Bl@zed
02-05-04, 04:55
Nintendo man they made pokemon think of it a neocron tv show o_O

looool :lol:

Kasumi
02-05-04, 04:58
NCsoft ^^

Bl@zed
02-05-04, 05:00
NCsoft ^^
NcSoft is awsome, Asia based version of SoE imo, they are both fucking awsome developers/publishers. NcSoft tho lately has been very impressive with duel releases of FULL mmorpg's (CoH's and Lineage 2). Both mmo's are flawless at release i might add, very few bugs. ;)

Prankster26193
02-05-04, 08:28
Cdv

.. Pshshahahahahahahhahahaahaha

Drake6k
02-05-04, 09:29
I'm happy with the one they got. Big Ben got DAoC and AO published well and they have lots of people playing. If they just advertise Neocron could do very well I think. (that and give us DoY)

Epsilon 5
02-05-04, 09:48
EA and SoE wouldn't publish a game like that - it's a M rated game and proud of it.

Big Ben sounds like the dream publisher AFAIK ..

Original monk
02-05-04, 10:40
EA and SoE wouldn't publish a game like that - it's a M rated game and proud of it.

Big Ben sounds like the dream publisher AFAIK ..

appologise my noobness, i know ea ffcourse (its in the game) but i never heard of big ben, to be honest i tought it was somesort of clock/bell/cathedral in london ..

so what did they publish before and why are they that good ? they have the funds and connections ?

looking at everyone's reaction they look good yeah, hope they better start soon cause this game can use some advertising :)

Vampire222
02-05-04, 11:22
see their site...

VVerevvolf
02-05-04, 11:24
appologise my noobness, i know ea ffcourse (its in the game) but i never heard of big ben, to be honest i tought it was somesort of clock/bell/cathedral in london ..

so what did they publish before and why are they that good ? they have the funds and connections ?

looking at everyone's reaction they look good yeah, hope they better start soon cause this game can use some advertising :)
How about simply read the sticky?!
Omg... :rolleyes:

jernau
02-05-04, 11:35
Looks like Original just got up.:lol:

Original monk
02-05-04, 11:49
How about simply read the sticky?!
Omg... :rolleyes:

good idea :P

and yeah, i yust got up from a long night jernau :)

Nasher
02-05-04, 13:05

Thats exactly the problem with them, they DONT care about the state of the game as long as their getting their money. SWG is a very poorly made game once you look past the fancy photoshopped screenshots and really start to fiddle with the game :)

RuButt
02-05-04, 14:45
anything!

seriously, gamespy told me about Neocron.. and really

i wouldnt have found it if i wasnt looking for a MMORPG with open beta.. and i really really doubt that CDV had anything to do with it ;)

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 15:26
Are KK still linked to CDV? has there contract with them run out? Does it still exist?

I am curious