PDA

View Full Version : NC:BDoY - European Publisher

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-05-04, 21:35
As you already might have heard through the press, Big Ben (http://www.bigbeninteractive.co.uk/) has been assigned to publish Neocron:Beyond Dome of York throughout Europe. The most important reason for this decision is the fact that Big Ben has a lot of experience in getting MMORPGs successfully to the market. One of their previous big success stories was e.g. the European launch and distribution of the well known fantasy-MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC). Other Big Ben titles are: Anarchy Online, Aquanox 2, Spellforce, Arx Fatalis, DAoC - Shrouded Isles, Söldner - Secret Wars etc.

P4mp3rk3
01-05-04, 21:38
They have some good titles there, let's hope DoY can be one of them too

{MD}GeistDamnit
01-05-04, 21:44
Are they the publishers for the usa release as well ?

RayBob
01-05-04, 21:45
Congratulations on the deal with such a successful publisher. I am sure they will do a good job with BDoY, a.k.a. the re-release of Neocron.

Ray

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-05-04, 21:48
Are they the publishers for the usa release as well ?A U.S. publisher has not yet been assigned. Though going with Big Ben or their US-partners is one of the available options.

{MD}GeistDamnit
01-05-04, 21:50
A U.S. publisher has not yet been assigned. Though going with Big Ben or their US-partners is one of the available options.

cool, so there wont be a usa delay or nothing will there?

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 21:53
I cant think of anything to flame you about at the moment Martin, so I'll just say, ding dong!! (big ben, its a bell, get it? ;) :p)

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-05-04, 21:57
cool, so there wont be a usa delay or nothing will there?Well, it's safe to say that everybody who pre-orders will get his copy of NC:BDoY pretty much the same moment, no matter where on Earth he lives.

But we will generally try to avoid a delay between USA and Europe for the shelf-release

Psychoninja
01-05-04, 22:02
OMG MARTING I WUB YOU

Atleast you guys got someone with experience :D

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 22:05
Sex.

A real publisher at last.

Clownst0pper
01-05-04, 22:09
This is VERY exciting.

VERY VERY :eek:

Are you excited martin, that the product uve all worked so far might get the population it deserves?

U must be! :D

Nvidia
01-05-04, 22:10
Excellent news. Glad to hear you guys chose someone with a lot of experience in the MMO publishing area this time around. I hope everything works out.

Dru Blood
01-05-04, 22:11
just looked at the website and noticed the address for the bigben company

and realised i live literaly round the corner from it :D

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 22:11
Excellent news. Glad to hear you guys chose someone with a lot of experience in the MMO publishing area this time around. I hope everything works out.
Don't want to get OT, but is there actually any way you could add to the thick layer of cheddar you slapped on that post?

Opar
01-05-04, 22:19
For we all, love, Re-actor *DUM DUM*

Blah blah blaaaaah (dont know the words damnnit)

Im a KK fanboi.

jernau
01-05-04, 22:26
Great news Martin. Thanks for letting us know.

olavski
01-05-04, 22:32
Good news !

n3m
01-05-04, 22:38
excellent news !

Eddie
01-05-04, 22:45
Great stuff!

I'm beginning to regain some of the lost confidence in you aand your company: first the beautiful patch in which you implement many good suggestions made by us, the players, and now you decide to come up with news of an established publisher!!

Very exciting!

Can't wait for DoY now!!!!

Eddie

Judge
01-05-04, 23:06
This is very cool, we've got the dudes who distributed DAoC... which was one of the best releases ever. BigBen>CDV (CDV SUCK!!!).

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 23:42
Great news. The list of games they published already gives me confidence in their abilities. Hopefully they can get a nice chunk of juicy new vict..........errr.....players in the game. *whistles*

Don't want to get OT, but is there actually any way you could add to the thick layer of cheddar you slapped on that post?

:lol:

<3

Marx
01-05-04, 23:44
Neocrons getting showcased at e3 at the Big Ben booth?

naimex
01-05-04, 23:44
nice to know, don´t know them, but I am sure they will deliver.

jiga
01-05-04, 23:58
Never heard of BigBen. Sounds like they are quite good tho

Dribble Joy
02-05-04, 00:02
People rarely ever hear of the publishers (other than the BIG ones).
Shame, since they do a lot of work.

kurai
02-05-04, 00:03
Never heard of BigBen. Sounds like they are quite good thoThey are one of those publishers/distributors that direct more of their efforts at promoting their products rather than themselves.

Benjie
02-05-04, 00:16
BDOY now has an experienced publisher, a beutifull engine, 10-Tical on it's side, and a kickass game to boot!
Congradulations, you must be very proud.

Looking through Big Bens cattalouge, there are a lot of titles that I have never heard of. This and the fear that BDOY will be put into some kind of "less important" cattagory, like CDV did, are my only two concerns.

Tratos
02-05-04, 00:19
Two Words.

The Win.

~Tratos

Martin J. Schwiezer
02-05-04, 00:29
Neocrons getting showcased at e3 at the Big Ben booth?Only behind closed doors I guess. There's a lot of stuff we (KK) haven't finished yet, which would be important for an impressive presentation. Keep in mind that the E3 will launch in less than 2 weeks.

Anyway... the trailer will be much more important to promote the product, than an E3 presentation where you only reach a HIGHLY limited amount of people / audience in general.

naimex
02-05-04, 00:31
Only behind closed doors I guess. There's a lot of stuff we (KK) haven't finished yet, which would be important for an impressive presentation.

Anyway... the trailer will be much more important to promote the product, than an E3 presentation where you only reach a HIGHLY limited amount of people / audience in general.

speaking of which,

will it be released soon, or do you need more time to make it just right ?

Dribble Joy
02-05-04, 00:38

True but remember people like the main reporters of gamespy, rpgvault, penny arcade and the like will be there, who in turn will reach out to THOUSANDS of potential buyers.

Martin J. Schwiezer
02-05-04, 00:43
speaking of which,

will it be released soon, or do you need more time to make it just right ?I won't give an exact date, but ... well, we're trying to release it ASAP. Which means that it will be out waaaay before September. But again: no date! Sorry... :(

But the trailer will kick ass big time... not only for fanbooooiiiis... but for everyone. No more "Hey, it's an MMORPG... don't expect it to look good!".

It will be as good as the old trailer was for the "classic" Neocron. ;)

Oh, btw... the old trailer can be downloaded here:

118 MB - Neocron "Classic" - 640x480 High Quality MPEG (http://www.dome-of-york.com/files/trailerenglish_640x480.mpg)
42 MB - Neocron "Classic" - 640x480 Medium Quality MPEG (http://www.dome-of-york.com/files/TrailerEnglish_640x480.zip)

Benjie
02-05-04, 00:43
True but remember people like the main reporters of gamespy, rpgvault, penny arcade and the like will be there, who in turn will reach out to THOUSANDS of potential buyers.
True.
Also don't forget the E3 video download, which although can just as easily be a trailer, people often download to to the explicitness of it's footage.

E3 footage > Trailer (in my opinion)

However if it won't look that impressive, then that could in turn have a negative effect on people.

Oh, btw... the old trailer can be downloaded here:
Thanks man, I'm downloading it now. :) Loved that trailer, I almost cried watching it for the first time! (Viarosso Fly by one I'm thinking of)

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 00:44
Whens the trailer due martin?

and who put it together?

phunqe
02-05-04, 01:12
It will be as good as the old trailer was for the "classic" Neocron. ;)

Yes it's very good, I watched it again. I do like the beginning in particular, with the bible quote and all.
However... make sure you post process any "human" voices properly with this trailer. The man speaking in the beginning of the old trailer sounds like he's stuck in a rusty box :p ;)

Martin J. Schwiezer
02-05-04, 01:17
Yes it's very good, I watched it again. I do like the beginning in particular, with the bible quote and all.
However... make sure you post process any "human" voices properly with this trailer. The man speaking in the beginning of the old trailer sounds like he's stuck in a rusty box :p ;)Just watched it again myself... and I still think that it was/is a good trailer.
About the voice: I kinda like the voice, but it could be a little louder. However the trailer was really cool in Germany, since we had the German dub-voice for Bruce Willis on the German version of that trailer. We should have gotten Bruce Willis to dub the international (English) NC trailer, too... :)

phunqe
02-05-04, 01:20
Just watched it again myself... and I still think that it was/is a good trailer.
About the voice: I kinda like the voice, but it could be a little louder. However the trailer was really cool in Germany, since we had the German dub-voice for Bruce Willis on the German version of that trailer. We should have gotten Bruce Willis to dub the international (English) NC trailer, too... :)

Awww man, you get all the good stuff :(

:D

What I mean regarding the voice is that it sound very "in a can" so to speak. Especially if you listen to it in headphones. Maybe if you listen to it through speakers it's better, haven't done that though. If you haven't listened to it through a pair of headphones, do that and you'll see what I mean :) (or at least I hope or it'll be me being weird :p)
The voice stands out too much.. a general ambient reverb on a somewhat dark voice would suffice :)

El_MUERkO
02-05-04, 02:01
Good luck with the publisher martin looks like you're onto a winner.

/no i'm not being sarcastic

Shadow Dancer
02-05-04, 02:15
Don't hype up the trailer too much Martin.

RayBob
02-05-04, 02:24
I just watched the trailer. I had never seen it before. Pretty cool. I liked the monk using the Doombeamer. 8|

The new trailer should should have a lot more PvP action in it—both individual and OP fights—as this is one of the game's best features. Many of the player-made PvP movies have great action sequences.

Martin J. Schwiezer
02-05-04, 02:25
Don't hype up the trailer too much Martin.
No, actually I do hype it up... simply because it rocks. ;)

Shadow Dancer
02-05-04, 02:29
Alright, but you know how it is. "OMFG YOU SAIIID THAT TEH TRAILOR WAS TEH BEST EVAR WTF LIAR!"

lol

t0tt3
02-05-04, 03:15
Alright, but you know how it is. "OMFG YOU SAIIID THAT TEH TRAILOR WAS TEH BEST EVAR WTF LIAR!"

lol
and then he says this :p

Face it: I am sick of defending KK, NC and myself against these blunt and stupid accusation. There's nothing less encouraging then people permanently flaming your vision. If you're unhappy with what's going on, if you have lost fun and hope with NC, if you feel betrayed by KK and wtf else... then why don't you just move on? Again: I'm sick of reading the same lame accusations again and again. This is neither informative nor productive.

wub you MJS <3

G.0.D.
02-05-04, 03:32
What happend to the squid guys?

{MD}GeistDamnit
02-05-04, 04:18
Well, it's safe to say that everybody who pre-orders will get his copy of NC:BDoY pretty much the same moment, no matter where on Earth he lives.

But we will generally try to avoid a delay between USA and Europe for the shelf-release

good to hear, mine has been pre ordered since the 20 dollar price tag. great news to hear, and happy that I will be seeing more people soon to have fun with :)

glad I stuck around

Bl@zed
02-05-04, 04:19
As you already might have heard through the press, Big Ben (http://www.bigbeninteractive.co.uk/) has been assigned to publish Neocron:Beyond Dome of York throughout Europe. The most important reason for this decision is the fact that Big Ben has a lot of experience in getting MMORPGs successfully to the market. One of their previous big success stories was e.g. the European launch and distribution of the well known fantasy-MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC). Other Big Ben titles are: Anarchy Online, Aquanox 2, Spellforce, Arx Fatalis, DAoC - Shrouded Isles, Söldner - Secret Wars etc.

we gonna see any NC: BDoY being marketed in the US?
the states has a huge gamer and mmorpg population, was wondering if your gonna even try to advertise towards the states, and even canada more, cause the release here was just sad, people are like neo what?

{MD}GeistDamnit
02-05-04, 04:22
that's true bl@zed, nobody i know in any game servers from us knows what I am talking about when I mention neocron. I usually pimp it at the atari boards and while playing ut2003, but people hear mmo and are allready pre turned off to it. I think neocron needs a good kick in the ass in USA market. But the problem I think is advertizing in USA cost a lot more , like twice what it cost's in europe :(

Bl@zed
02-05-04, 04:25
that's true bl@zed, nobody i know in any game servers from us knows what I am talking about when I mention neocron. I usually pimp it at the atari boards and while playing ut2003, but people hear mmo and are allready pre turned off to it. I think neocron needs a good kick in the ass in USA market. But the problem I think is advertizing in USA cost a lot more , like twice what it cost's in europe :(

exactly man, from the people i've played neocron with, that are from canada, and the states, live, bleed, and sweat PvP based games, if KK, and their Publisher would put a lot of investment in us advertising, this game would be hugely popular, that is if it is flawless or near that at release, game reviewers here shoot down games just as fast as movie criticts do a bad movie. Risky, but if done well, which it should be with the countless delays, NC: BDoY will be insanely successfull in the US/Canadian game market.

Heavyporker
02-05-04, 04:44
looks like we americans might have to do an united underground campaign to pimp neocron.

Bl@zed
02-05-04, 04:54
looks like we americans might have to do an united underground campaign to pimp neocron.

fuck yeh.
Pimp My Neocron[tm]

Cubico
02-05-04, 06:42
Just watched it again myself... and I still think that it was/is a good trailer.

You could also start a contest and ask the community to produce a nice OP war movie.
The fang movie was cool but it had no real story, only PvP action.
The movie should show that you need tactics to win a war and should include all weapon classes (tank "artillery", sniper, monk, close combat, vehicles and drones).

jernau
02-05-04, 09:07
But the problem I think is advertizing in USA cost a lot more , like twice what it cost's in europe :(Why do you say that?

I'm not saying it's not true for definite as I don't know for sure but I can't see any reason it would be the case and I can see several reasons why it wouldn't.

n3m
02-05-04, 12:10
We should have gotten Bruce Willis to dub the international (English) NC trailer, too... :)yippie kayee motherfucker :lol:

vanpan
02-05-04, 12:43
@MARTIN

please dont publish the new nc-bdoy in .mov format.
most people wont download any .mov files.
sorry my english is really bad.

zanzan
02-05-04, 12:52
[ edited ] congrats about the new publisher:) looks like in 6 months we are going back to 600 people on a server:)

jernau
02-05-04, 12:55
[ edited ]
:confused: :lol: :lol:

Some people on here still manage to amaze me.

Rith
02-05-04, 13:38
I think neocron needs a good kick in the ass in USA market. But the problem I think is advertizing in USA cost a lot more , like twice what it cost's in europe :(

ummm :rolleyes:

I agree it may cost twice that of advertising in the UK or Germany alone... but Europe? There's a whole lot of language and localisation issues there... advertising in the US is an absolute doddle compared to a full pan-european escapade

Either way - good choice on publisher.

P4mp3rk3
02-05-04, 14:00
Wow, I had never seen that trailer!
Actually, I never saw any advertising for the game. If it weren't for a friend telling me about it I'd still not be playing
I hope the new trailer will look as good as the old one. The only thing that isn't right in it (kind of) is the combat, there's more running around involved and more monks too, hehe :)

jernau
02-05-04, 14:02
Wow, I had never seen that trailer!
Actually, I never saw any advertising for the game. If it weren't for a friend telling me about it I'd still not be playing
I hope the new trailer will look as good as the old one. The only thing that isn't right in it (kind of) is the combat, there's more running around involved and more monks too, hehe :)
And a reticle.

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 14:06
The main thing that it tells me, Is that B : DOY is generally going to be a brilliant product,

One of the largest publisher in europe for MMORPG's wouldnt dare touch Neocron if it wasnt going make alot of money, and if it knew it couldnt be succesful, seems DOY might be very good after all ;)

El_MUERkO
02-05-04, 14:31
Martin is they're any plans to publish for the asian market? Those lads are nuts for their RPGs, look at Korea and lineage.

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 14:47
Martin is they're any plans to publish for the asian market? Those lads are nuts for their RPGs, look at Korea and lineage.

Lineage is the worlds most popular online RPG with over 500000 subscribers, it was so popular at one point almost all schools were empty due to children staying at home playing it, a goverment warning was given out!

Thats an addictive game, Yet i never saw the thrill behind it :eek:

*shrugs*

Tratos
02-05-04, 14:49
i think it was announced that it will only be published in English German and French.

Lets hope that changes :)

~Tratos

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 14:51
Most koreans can speak english no doubt anyway, its the worlds recognised language, almost all the world can speak some form of it.

I just think the cyberpunk aspect of Neocron wont hit The asian market, there more into pointy ears and big swords,

OH er :D

Organics
02-05-04, 15:44
*late* :p

Woooo new publisher :D Good news..

@clownstopper

Yeah exactly, and didn't DG speak barely any english before he came to Neocron? He speaks it pretty good now. Better than some english ppl I know :lol: :D Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of asian people with some degree of english, enough to get by I'm sure.

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 16:15
@clownstopper

Yeah exactly, and didn't DG speak barely any english before he came to Neocron? He speaks it pretty good now. Better than some english ppl I know :lol: :D Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of asian people with some degree of english, enough to get by I'm sure.

U sure? I know hes not the youngest player ever, but if thats the case, he speaks bloody amazing english over team speak. shame there isnt more like him.

Hes porteguese?

Kasumi
02-05-04, 16:34
Most koreans can speak english no doubt anyway, its the worlds recognised language, almost all the world can speak some form of it.

I just think the cyberpunk aspect of Neocron wont hit The asian market, there more into pointy ears and big swords,

OH er :D It caught my attention didnt it?? ^^ Koreans arent the only asian market *sniffle* *feels left out* :P

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 16:43
It caught my attention didnt it?? ^^ Koreans arent the only asian market *sniffle* *feels left out* :P

Hmm, I suppose, apologies, My geography sucks! :D

I think most people mention Koreans as its such a hyped thing, there love for online RPG's,

Just curious, how the bloody hell did u find neocron? :eek:

Kasumi
02-05-04, 16:46
Hmm, I suppose, apologies, My geography sucks! :D

I think most people mention Koreans as its such a hyped thing, there love for online RPG's,

Just curious, how the bloody hell did u find neocron? :eek:I stole it from an american store! ^^ Ok actually an american friend told me about it.. I am not sure how she found it though ^_^

I would agree though, there are lots more korean PC game players than Japanese probably.. ^^

there more into pointy ears and big swords I love them lots.. ^^Except I like bows.. :)

Martin is they're any plans to publish for the asian market? Those lads are nuts for their RPGs, look at Korea and lineage.hehe It has been asked lots but still no answer.. I doubt *they* will make it for the asian market.. Atleast not BDOY.. ^^

Organics
02-05-04, 17:03
U sure? I know hes not the youngest player ever, but if thats the case, he speaks bloody amazing english over team speak. shame there isnt more like him.

Hes porteguese?

Yes I believe he's Portueguese, (sp lol) I've only seen his english here, pretty damned good. Heh :)

Can't see why an Asian release/advertising could hurt :)

Spoon
02-05-04, 18:08
I have two words for you, MJS, when it comes time to find a North American publisher:

Download Option

Please keep that in mind when your working out your deal for the US/NA publisher....
I had to travel almost 60 miles to pick up a copy of Neocron when it came out.
I would imagine some people had to travel farther(in states like Texas and Kansas)....
Some games aren't always available in rural areas, not upon release anyway...

Earlier this week another MMO went retail in North America, and the CD key was available to Europeons at the same time(it required the 1.1Gb beta client and a 25mb retail patch)....
*Edit*
The CD Key was sold for the same price as the retail box($50).
I would probably pay the same as retail box for the download option/upgrade...

@the people wanting an Asian release..
Making the Ger/Eng/French verison available to them is one thing, converting that version to use asian characters(letters/alphabet) is a whole differant ballgame...
IE; it's one thing to translate German to Engish or French, it's not as easy to translate Ger/Eng/French to an asian language, your talking a serious investment in time and money...

MrChumble
02-05-04, 18:34
Great news on the publisher...I haven't heard of them ever, but I have heard of almost all the games they're publishing, so they must be doing their job :D

I hope the new trailer features a fair bit of PvP, like the FaNG Promo vid (which was ace) but more professional. Downloading the old one now, never seen it. I only heard about Neocron at all because 2 of my clan mates found it somehow. The "neo-what?" response someone mentioned is all to familiar :(

But with a good publisher like BigBen maybe people will notice DoY :)

EDIT!~@!@~!@

Well I just watched the first trailer, and I kinda liked it. But it seemed to lack energy. At no point did my blood stir, or did I think wow.

It could just be because I've played the game lots and the stuff in the trailer is all old news, but I don't think that's the case, because I've seen teh FaNG Promo a dozen times and it still makes me wanna go and PvP each time I watch it. Perhaps in the new trailer there could be some more stiring music, and some shots of fights where people actually move? (compare the FaNG mega-op-fight to the 1st trailers stand still and shoot each other and see which makes you more horny :D )

Still, the pan-and-scan stuff was cool, and really showcased the city/wastelands. I'd almost certainly have given NC a go if all I'd seen was the trailer :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
02-05-04, 22:36
@ rith and jernau

The United States is the only country that I personally know of that charges big money for TV time. All other country's don't have such a reliance on television. From what I have learned from many friends in many countrys, "stars" dont get millions like they do in USA and TV shows dont cost big bucks, therefore the television companys can not charge big bucks for commercials.

___T-X____
02-05-04, 23:16
In Britain if you have a TV you need a License for it. If you dont have a license you go to prison, how godd is that when all they ever broadcast is repeats.

Rith
02-05-04, 23:57
@ rith and jernau

The United States is the only country that I personally know of that charges big money for TV time. All other country's don't have such a reliance on television. From what I have learned from many friends in many countrys, "stars" dont get millions like they do in USA and TV shows dont cost big bucks, therefore the television companys can not charge big bucks for commercials.

Bullshit - I've spent a lot of time in the US, I've seen the crap on US commercials :D

Besides I doubt KK was planning a huge TV commercial... one would assume magazines, game stores, internet etc would be the place to focus?

Tratos
03-05-04, 00:01
well i dont know if this "cheap" but for adverts on english TV you expect to pay aprox £1000 per second i think it was, so a nice 30 second TV ad is gonna set you back £30,000.

~Tratos

Vryce
03-05-04, 00:17
[QUOTE=Spoon]
Download Option

I had to travel almost 60 miles to pick up a copy of Neocron when it came out.
I would imagine some people had to travel farther(in states like Texas and Kansas)... [QUOTE]

True, true; 550 air-miles from Nome to Anchorage (no roads). :(

Of course, I'd settle for UPS for the box, as long as it wasn't more than $20.00 for shipping.

FBI
03-05-04, 00:24
KK's Children: Are we there yet, are we there yet... are we there yet!?

MJS: NO!!!..

MJS: NO!!!!!!!.....

MJS: Nnnn... ummm YES it's HERE!!!!!! (hides in a underground cave while
the fans self destruct)

J/k :P

Big Ben to the rescue, hope they do well for europe... But as for USA, let's
get a damn publisher eh...through big bens subpublishers wouldn't be a bad
decision.

Parad0x -FBI

jernau
03-05-04, 03:23
@ rith and jernau

LMAO :lol:

What colour is the sky on your planet?

40$Poser
03-05-04, 04:32
great news

(insert robot dance here)

Cytaur
03-05-04, 10:37
great news

(insert robot dance here)

You saved 15% on car insurance ?

Superbron
03-05-04, 14:11
BigBen doesn't ring me a bell ;) But looking at the titles they have released previously it looks quite promissing.

garyu69
03-05-04, 14:32
Congrats.
Big Ben are a good publisher, very friendly bunch of people too.

I do hope they will be showing DoY at ECTS this year.

DannyJ
03-05-04, 20:37
I won't give an exact date, but ... well, we're trying to release it ASAP. Which means that it will be out waaaay before September. But again: no date! Sorry... :(

I seem to recall the release date being set to the 1st of september...

Well I know KK have lied before but..

and where is my damned roll eyes emote *rolleyes* edit: found it :rolleyes:

jernau
03-05-04, 20:49
where is my damned roll eyes emote *rolleyes*Use colons instead of stars or go to the bottom of the drop-down and hit "show all smilies".

DannyJ
03-05-04, 20:51
Use colons instead of stars or go to the bottom of the drop-down and hit "show all smilies".

thanks

40$Poser
03-05-04, 21:15
You saved 15% on car insurance ?

However did you know?

On the bad side of things, Disco is dead folks.

{MD}GeistDamnit
03-05-04, 23:31
LMAO :lol:

What colour is the sky on your planet?

purple :(

Cytaur
03-05-04, 23:58
On the bad side of things, Disco is dead folks.

It's ok, we all had subway for lunch

Nidhogg
04-05-04, 00:28
Back on topic, please.

N

Nvidia
04-05-04, 00:44
I was pretty sure MJS was talking about the trailer that would be released way before September... not the actual expansion. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

Tyranny
04-05-04, 20:54
Always good to hear news that BDOY is en route...however a definate ETA would be nice to know....especially now that the publisher has been sorted (assuming BigBens partners sort out US)

Tyr

Marx
04-05-04, 21:01
Always good to hear news that BDOY is en route...however a definate ETA would be nice to know....especially now that the publisher has been sorted (assuming BigBens partners sort out US)

Tyr
Sept 1st is the release date.

Tyranny
04-05-04, 21:11
My Bad :eek: cheers

LiL T
04-05-04, 23:30
This is very good news :) I think we can expect a very good release and it will be in the UK stores me hopes as I never did see neocron in any UK stores.

DannyJ
05-05-04, 03:24
I was pretty sure MJS was talking about the trailer that would be released way before September... not the actual expansion. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

I don't recall a release date for the "trailer" being set in September?

[ edited ]

craio
05-05-04, 10:11
I don't recall a release date for the "trailer" being set in September?

[ edited ]

Don't you think he just means that the trailer will be released way before the game hits the shelves?

Is the (bi)(tri)weekly sneaks going to continue coming out?Are there plans for a new demo?

hinch
06-05-04, 14:34
dont know if anybodys posted this yet as im not reading through 7 pages

but
E3 info for bigben

Bigben Interactive Concourse Hall stand 405

so now at least you know theyre not stuck in some corner somewhere concourse is on the main floor :)

Candaman
06-05-04, 14:38
yeah maybe they could get a massive 32" plazma screen put up a sync screen and replace the words syncronizing with

"<<<<<Coming Sept 1st 200*>>>>>>"
definately, hopefully, maybe, possibly

hinch
06-05-04, 14:44
as stupid as that sounds cannings its actually a damn good marketing ploy

may i point you to

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_img/revolutions_teaser.jpg

obviously in bottom corner the game title would be required in very faded out (barely readable) format but perfectly acceptiable

jernau
07-05-04, 10:16
I really hope any sequel to NC doesn't stink the place up like a Matrix sequel.

Girian
14-05-04, 12:20
Nice to see you finally worked out an agreement with a publisher for "Europe". However I wonder... if BDoY "already" comes september 1st.... why doesn't BB mention it anywhere on there website. Not even the fact they WILL publish it. Do they see BDoY as a small product just to fill up their portfolio?

*hopes for the best*

(yes, I've played since retail day 1 and still play every day... am just a little pessimistic when I hear the publisher)

And to those constantly saying how terrible CDV is: doesn't a MMORPG need help from both developer and publisher to make and KEEP it successful? Those who played and left didn't do that cuz CDV did such a bad job, now did they.

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 13:03
Nice to see you finally worked out an agreement with a publisher for "Europe". However I wonder... if BDoY "already" comes september 1st.... why doesn't BB mention it anywhere on there website. Not even the fact they WILL publish it. Do they see BDoY as a small product just to fill up their portfolio?[/edit]
BB site only lists games being produced up untill august, nothing about anything later than that.

naimex
14-05-04, 14:40
nice bump^^ :rolleyes:

J. Folsom
14-05-04, 14:54
Nice to see you finally worked out an agreement with a publisher for "Europe". However I wonder... if BDoY "already" comes september 1st.... why doesn't BB mention it anywhere on there website. Not even the fact they WILL publish it. Do they see BDoY as a small product just to fill up their portfolio?It's been posted in the news of the German version of the BigBen website (http://www.bigben-interactive.de/), top news item, in case you're wondering.

And to those constantly saying how terrible CDV is: doesn't a MMORPG need help from both developer and publisher to make and KEEP it successful? Those who played and left didn't do that cuz CDV did such a bad job, now did they.

Actually, those who played and left because the numbers of players are low (Which has been happening since the start of retail), could be said to have left because CDV did such a bad job.
That and if CDV had done a better job, KK would have had more money, and could have hired more coders, thus being able to fix bugs quicker.

___T-X____
30-11-04, 14:23
When is Big Ben launching this throughout stores in the UK ?

phunqe
30-11-04, 14:27
I think BB was dropped. I have a faint memory of reading somewhere that they were moving away from publishing (at least games of this type).
I'm not sure however and I might be way off base, so don't nuke me KK :p

cMz
30-11-04, 15:29
In the german thread it says that 10Tackle has made a deal with Atari to distribute in UK and other countries.

Posted by SnowCrash. It also says that an english translation will follow.

___T-X____
30-11-04, 15:48
Kewl, Atari owns <3

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/6929/atari-logo.jpg

jernau
30-11-04, 15:53
Or did in 1980 at least.

Nidhogg
30-11-04, 15:55
Closed for bumpage. Start a new one if you like without all the baggage.

N