PDA

View Full Version : Isnt it about time

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 21:26
the Reputation system had some form of logging on it? For instance

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/evil.JPG

If I sent Niddy a PM calling him that, heck, anyone a PM calling them that, I'd expect ramifications, the Rep system, at the moment, just seems an open arena for gutless wonders to post crap about people. Heck, I could run around giving everyone - and calling them pedophiles! Its not traceable after all, but, doing that is inherently *wrong* which is why Reputation comments should be traceable.

petek480
01-05-04, 21:29
Your rep says you're almost famous and with fame comes stuff like this.

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 21:32
My rep counter is looking like a set of multiple traffic lights at the moment, the top two comments are from that same thread, sans the actually comments of course :rolleyes: Though a few green ones to, but that isnt the issue at hand the issue is people can say what they want about you, without any recourse of action.

/edit - unless of course the persons name is the name in brackets, which I wont repeat, its probably against the forum rules

Scikar
01-05-04, 21:32
This didn't bother me at first, since DaFire said the rep system was going to be looked at, and there would be a vote to see if people wanted it. Also I think it's possible to force attaching the name of the poster with the comment as well, and this was going to be changed (not sure though). The rep system was going to be reset with the changes made.

...But there's been no poll, and no changes.

IMO, rep should be reset back to zero, and you shouldn't be able to make a comment without saying anything, and without your name showing up.

amfest
01-05-04, 21:42
Well I just dont' know how this rep system is really going to go. To put a name or not is a double edged sword. Either way I think the people who aren't very mature about things are going to be the downfall of it. I've been given bad rep for stating a sound argument but just because I disagreed someone chose to give me bad rep. I suppose that's their choice. so we look at another point someone using it to insult someone without revealing who they are. So let's say they add in names when you submit reps. So someone is spamming or not given any helpful related info on a topic so someone decides to give them bad rep but now that poster has their name and begins to target them by bashing down all their ideas, sending bad reps at every turn, and just being a total bully. I guess though if that happens and you feel you are being bullied you could always report them but bleh. So what to do? maybe get rid of the rep system all together. Although I do sorta like it I'm not sure the community can handle it in general.

Nidhogg
01-05-04, 22:24
We've had a lot of complaints about the reputation system being abused. Because of this we've decided to disable it.

N

Archeus
01-05-04, 22:34
No offense but LexxUk only for the fact I gave you positive rep the other day is the reason I didn't give you the exact same comment for your muppetry on that thread.

Nidhogg
01-05-04, 22:48
Please continue this discussion here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=97484). Thanks.

N