PDA

View Full Version : Neocronicle V4-4/4 Discussion

Callash
01-05-04, 20:15
Here (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=220) it is :) Thank you all for your support, you guys are the best :)

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 20:16
its late :P

/hugs

/edit - getting some font issues, with squares instead of punctuation, is anyone else gettin that?

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 20:31
/set cynicism 1
Static warfare? setting the scene nicely for a long term conflict and DoY.

steweygrrr
01-05-04, 20:59
its late :P

/hugs

/edit - getting some font issues, with squares instead of punctuation, is anyone else gettin that?

fine for me, besides the german headlines for some articles.

edit - never mind, yes I am getting some square things too. Still a damn good read *sends Callash and the Neocronicle/content team sexual favour vouchers*

Zu (Pluto)
01-05-04, 23:43
Headlines that slipped past translation are easily fixed.

Another good Neocronicle. Sounds waaay dangerous arming a mob though. Does CA even know what it's doing?

Zu

Omnituens
02-05-04, 00:13
LOL @ Spaceballs

"WE AIN'T FOUND SHIT!"

Also, no offence, but how did you translate that text? some of those sentences look almost Babelfish'ed.

Honeypot
02-05-04, 01:04
Also, no offence, but how did you translate that text? some of those sentences look almost Babelfish'ed.

That text isn't any easier to understand in its original version, don't forget the writer is smuggling his articles from a mental asylum.

The articles and faction news are translated by myself and sometimes some other volunteers from the FC and GM team.

Scikar
02-05-04, 01:27
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it would help (and shouldn't take too long) for a native English speaker to proof read the Neocronicle before it's released.

Honeypot
02-05-04, 01:43
I totally agree, the only problem at the moment is the fact that some articles are send in on friday afternoon, which is barely enough time to translate them. I hope the comming Cronicle format will solve this problem.

Tratos
02-05-04, 01:53
Nice neocronical :)

This new cronical format you speak of Honeypot is this the website thing talked about in the german interview? anychance we can get some info on it? cough for high jack

~Tratos

jernau
02-05-04, 09:39
Sorry to mention the translation again but "static warfare" would probably be better as "stalemate" rather than a literal translation.

"I would not even know why we are at war with the Dome of York. Do YOU remember why? But let's leave it at that. " :confused: 8| :rolleyes: :(:lol:

Lexxuk
02-05-04, 17:16
"I would not even know why we are at war with the Dome of York. Do YOU remember why? But let's leave it at that. " :confused: 8| :rolleyes: :(:lol:

Of course I remember why we are at war! But lets leave it at that! (dont mention the war :p)

Dribble Joy
02-05-04, 18:09
Don't mention the war!

You started it!

Not we didn't, you invaded Poland!!

Ahem, anyway.

Afaik, as the radiation between the two cities caused communication and travel impossible, presumably the puppet regime placed in DoY at the end of the Ceres wars became increasingly isolated and eventually overthrown by the DoY populace.

jernau
03-05-04, 03:17
That killer radiation we all wander around in daily while chatting over our RPOS comm system you mean ?

Dribble Joy
03-05-04, 13:15
Indeed.