PDA

View Full Version : Changes! Glasgow Hangout July 24-25

Danae
01-05-04, 12:32
Since it's May 1st, thought we'd update. First of all the other campsite never responded to any of our inquiries which has made it impossible to book, or get things accomplished. Also knowing that those of you who have committed to coming haven't made any plans as of yet, we thought it was a good time to announce this.

Instead of just camping out, we've decided to go camping/weekend out at Strathclyde County Park, which is right next to M & D's amusment park. There's a lot more stuff to do there and has a lot more appeal.

Again, you're all on your own as far as booking, getting your tickets, and deciding what you want. (Unless we can get over 25 people booked and confirmed then we get a group discount of $7.50 per.) There are accommodations right there for those who don't wish to camp. There are loads of things to do if camping isn't your thing, there's the amusement park, water activities, restaurants, etc.

Strathclyde County Park (http://www.northlan.gov.uk/leisure+and+tourism/parks+gardens+and+play+services/strathclyde+country+park/strathclyde+country+park++facilities+and+services.html) and M & D's Amusement Park (http://www.scotlandsthemepark.com/)

The camping rates are cheaper than the other camping site as well, not to mention all the other added benefits to being closer to things to do. If you need any help or more information please email/pm me or oath. He was pretty pivotal in getting this information together and changing my mind.

The park is very easy to get to, as well as reasonable prices for the theme park. It will be a moderately expensive weekend if you are traveling. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too bad. We'll do all we can to help you out. We're looking into renting a vehicle for the weekend and while I have a drivers license, I've never driven in Scotland :p hehe

The prices for camping are as follows:

(Per Night)

Caravan Pitch (including 2 persons)

Additional Adults (per night)

Additional Juniors (per night)

Awning

Electric Hook-Up

Tent Plot (3 or 4 occupants)

Additional Adults (per night)

Additional Juniors (per night)

Small Ridge Tent (1 or 2 Occupants)

Again, if you have questions or comments just get ahold of us. We are trying to do our best to make everyone happy. It's difficult :p hehe Now, this is the last time I'm going to ask but is the dates you voted on of July 24/25th still suiting? Because if not now is the time to bitch and moan. I am not opposed to changing it to later in August, but I'm not much of a fan for it being sooner in July.

As it gets closer to the time, we will give you more information on booking train/bus info. We're actually going to do a test run to see how difficult it is this weekend or next weekend to make it as simple as possible for the rest of you.

Alan
01-05-04, 13:27
Mmm well one thing to say about M&D's... Tsunami hangout lol. (http://www.scotlandsthemepark.com/park/index.php?p=4)

But looks reasonable, and there's a decentley priced Hotel nearby with net-access in the room's, for wimps, freaks and those who are aversed to camping (mmm myself then lol, must find a tent with en-suite facilities otherwise)....

cRazy2003
01-05-04, 14:35
nice one nae i'll have to see though so it might take a lil while :p

darknessfairy
01-05-04, 14:38
august. after about the 10th, please.

hopefully the weekend 21/22 cos thats my birthday :p

jernau
01-05-04, 16:04
How much for internet to the tent?

switchback
01-05-04, 17:28
umm strathclyde park... i can see your not from glasgow danae

Omnituens
01-05-04, 19:05
How much for internet to the tent?
There's always one. I'm going to come along to surgically remove you from your laptop.

then steal the laptop.

Oath
01-05-04, 22:57
umm strathclyde park... i can see your not from glasgow danae

We went today :lol:

I only remembered when i got there thats where my brother fucked his car up :)

heheh anyway...

fun fun fun

switchback
01-05-04, 22:59
yeah well thats where neds meet on a sunday night to show off theircars

Danae
01-05-04, 23:01
Ok, we just got back from the place, and we had a lot of fun with our kiddos. :p We went from Paisley to Glasgow Central to Motherwell and got a taxi to the park. It wasn't insanely expensive as a day out. Lots of boy racers with their boom boom wagons though lol But I don't think that's a huge deal. You can beat up neds with your pocket protectors :p

The amusement park closes at 8pm unfortunately. It's not the greatest amusement park, but Oath spent most of the time at the arcade hehe I dunno about the rest of you but we're planning on camping friday and saturday nights so we'll be there early saturday morning to enjoy the weekend (mostly cuz I have to go back to work on sunday hehe)

Is anyone opposed to changing it to August 21-22? If there are issues with it we'll keep it as is, but input is appreciated.

Omnituens
01-05-04, 23:56
im going to see if i can get the time off work and if i can find a way to get up there, i got a tent i can pitch :D

Maloch Octavia
04-05-04, 03:36
I'm no longer going unfortunately. I've came to the conclusion that as it's going to involve Strathclyde park and M&D, it's going to blow the massive, as it's termed, so I'll be heading off down south again to meet some friends and get drunk in Newcastle.

Sorry!

:D

Dribble Joy
04-05-04, 09:48
heading off down south ..............Newcastle.
What??

Tupac
04-05-04, 13:14
its cool to scare of those neds all u need is a few Vein Rippers (small flashy knifes) :p or a few ppu's then ur sorted oh yeah Danae Strathclyde Park is commonly know as Strathy so if u were wondering why Switchcock made a cocky comment :p

switchback
04-05-04, 14:26
Strathclyde Park is commonly know as Strathy so if u were wondering why Switchcock made a cocky comment :p

what cocky comment ?

Maloch Octavia
04-05-04, 20:41
Danae Strathclyde Park is commonly know as Strathy so if u were wondering why Switchcock made a cocky comment

He wasn't commenting on her use of its full name.
He was commenting on the fact that she's even entertaining the idea of using Strathy.

It's a shithole.

switchback
05-05-04, 01:07
exactly how i would put it. i did an orientering run there and at one of the check points found a bum sleeping under the tree. naturally me and my buds kicked him till he woke up and ran away

was funny when your young

DannyJ
05-05-04, 03:34
Let's see if i can get this right this time, seeing as it ended up in the "Japan Rules Something" thread somehow o_O

So anyways....

Ill be there whenever whatever date it is.

Travelling up from London, so if anyone plans on travelling by train from anywhere down south tell me and we can meet up on the train / at a station etc, as it's much more interesting having someone to talk to other than a bible basher (switchback knows what I mean :mad: )...

Alternatively if anyone near London / Reading is travelling up there by car let me know if you're able to transport lil old me up in the passenger seat, i'd be more than happy to split the cost of petrol.

:)

DannyJ
05-05-04, 03:35
exactly how i would put it. i did an orientering run there and at one of the check points found a bum sleeping under the tree. naturally me and my buds kicked him till he woke up and ran away

was funny when your young

and it's "you're" YOU ARE, not your :rolleyes:

subsys
05-05-04, 08:30
sod it, what do you want when your drunk other than lots of neds to kick the crap out of?

Danae
05-05-04, 11:48
Anywhere you go in the world is going to have neds in some shape or form, it's like an infestation :p It's life, you can get over it and have fun with the people you came to meet, or you can be petty. (After a recent outing in Edinburgh though we found it's not neds you have to look out for there - it's the angst ridden 12 year old wannabe goth gangs that are actually more annoying, if possible. Besides that they hog all the shade!). :p

TBH, we went there this past weekend, if I thought no one would have fun I wouldn't have changed the venue. The only incident we had was an 8 year old called Oath's kid a wanker. hehe

It's easy to get to, there's lots to do. OOH! And we had a cabbie sing to us...but he was cheaper than the other cabbie so it all evened out lol

subsys
05-05-04, 15:27
hay, i was serious :P

no, i live in the ned central of aberdeen, i was just trying to voice my non adversion to seeing neds in a different way.

you right tho, everywhere you go in scotland now you see neds, and goths (grr goths, shakes fist) i thinks its a sign of the times.

darknessfairy
05-05-04, 16:49
ok so there was no need to shake your fist sys thats just wude heh :lol:

are there any piccies of it. i wanna see wht it's like before igo... that is if the date gets changed. :)

Oath
05-05-04, 22:17
ok so there was no need to shake your fist sys thats just wude heh :lol:

are there any piccies of it. i wanna see wht it's like before igo... that is if the date gets changed. :)

Depends what he's shaking with his wrist really doesn't it...

subsys
06-05-04, 11:55
o_O, get your mind out of the gutter boy

switchback
06-05-04, 17:24
ere ya go (http://www.northlan.gov.uk/leisure+and+tourism/sports+facilities/strathclyde+park/index.html)

DannyJ
06-05-04, 21:42
ere ya go (http://www.northlan.gov.uk/leisure+and+tourism/sports+facilities/strathclyde+park/index.html)

wow, an amazing one picture that is such a small resolution, YOU CANT MAKE ANYTHING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!1111one!!

10 points sunshine, 10 points..

Danae
06-05-04, 21:45
Now that my digital camera is working, if we get up there again i'll take pictures.

switchback
08-05-04, 05:34
stfu dan. stop acting high and mighty. no doubt your fake scottish accent will come through again when you come back up

Tupac
08-05-04, 21:14
stfu dan. stop acting high and mighty. no doubt your fake scottish accent will come through again when you come back up

hahhaahahahha quality banter! im gonna pk u all!

subsys
08-05-04, 21:24
*packs the 12 bore

just to confirm tho, it is definatly on the 24-25 or is there still some possibility of august? i dont have a problem with august (or july) just like to know before i book or anything :D

Omnituens
09-05-04, 00:33
if i can work out some transport i'll try my best to be there. august is probably better for me too.

switchback
10-05-04, 11:13
july technically has the best chance for best weather. i would prefer it to stay the same

darknessfairy
10-05-04, 20:00
i vote august

spongeb0b
11-05-04, 17:09
I also vote august ^^