PDA

View Full Version : [OT]Damn...

steweygrrr
01-05-04, 12:24
I didn't know where else to put this.....

I just got told I lost one of my best friends :'(

She was killed in a car crash last night.....thats all I know at the moment.... I'm trying to tak about her but can't bring myself to say anything in the past tense about her . She's a lively, fun, intelligent young woman with 2 amazing children and she has just been stolen from us by a cruel twist of fate. At least I can hold on to my last memory of her, smiling and laughing. I just hope she's moved on to a better place than she has been in.............

Kal
01-05-04, 12:29
man, thats terrible...... there isnt really much to say

its the kinda thing you think is never gonna happen to anyone you know

steweygrrr
01-05-04, 12:35
man, thats terrible...... there isnt really much to say

its the kinda thing you think is never gonna happen to anyone you know

I know...

even worse....was her daughters birthday a few days ago....she just turned 14.....

Agent L
01-05-04, 13:47
[ edited ]

back on topic:

The one who's dying cares not, mortal's troubles bothers him/her no more.
It is us who are left. Alone.

It's easier to depart than to mourn.

steweygrrr
01-05-04, 14:11
[ edited ]

back on topic:

The one who's dying cares not, mortal's troubles bothers him/her no more.
It is us who are left. Alone.

It's easier to depart than to mourn.

Niddy could you reinstate what was edited out? I want to see what was said....

Agent L
01-05-04, 14:13
xxxxx

Garg [RogueNET]
01-05-04, 14:14
thats terrible.. im sorry dude.. =(

Archeus
01-05-04, 14:15
Niddy could you reinstate what was edited out? I want to see what was said....

Better off not.. your worked up enough as it is. Sorry to hear it dude, sucks :/

Nidhogg
01-05-04, 14:27
Don't worry, it was a dig at me, not at you or your friend. Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

N

Maester Seymour
01-05-04, 14:52
damn, real sorry to hear that mate :(
you must be devastated :'(

SirRah
01-05-04, 15:08
ugh, sorry to hear that stewey... dont know what to tell you in such cases. life is just too cruel sometimes :(

steweygrrr
01-05-04, 15:16
ugh, sorry to hear that stewey... dont know what to tell you in such cases. life is just too cruel sometimes :(

I know....I really do....

looks like you wont be getting that article anytime soon dude

Thanks for your kind words everybody

SirRah
01-05-04, 15:21
just take your time, and dont worry too much about the article heh. there'll be enough chances to send it in.

cRazy2003
01-05-04, 15:38
damn that sux0rs
real bad shame =/
sorry to hear

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 15:40
Buggar.

steweygrrr
01-05-04, 15:41
Buggar.

Not the first words out of my mouth, but yes sums up the situation.... now for the clincher....she sits....sat....next to me at work....I don't know if I can go in and look at her empty desk knowing full well I will never see the person who occupied it again.

darknessfairy
01-05-04, 15:46
Sweetheart, we are so sorry... It must be very hard for you. Our thoughts go out to you and everyone who it affects.

We can't imagine what it must be like, altho we have lost relatives etc.

Just think that she is in a better place, looking down on you and looking after you and her daughter always.

DarknessFairy & Spongebob

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 15:50
[ edited ]

darknessfairy
01-05-04, 15:53
[ edited ]

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 15:56
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

darknessfairy
01-05-04, 15:59
still there was no need, if you had nothing decent and sympathetic to say, then say nothing at all.

and im sorry for your losses too. its just people take things differently to everyone else. This is probly his way of expressing himself. Let him do it how he wants to.

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 16:03
[ edited ]

Kal
01-05-04, 16:04
lexx has made the best point so far on this thread, although i would have put it across with a different choice of words

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 16:06
lexx has made the best point so far on this thread, although i would have put it across with a different choice of words

Thats because you have manners and are polite, I have no social barriers on a forum, above and beyond bending the forum rules. Sometimes however, this forum reminds me of a Faulty Towers clip "dont mention the war"

Kal
01-05-04, 16:11
Thats because you have manners and are polite

its a sad reality :lol:

Freya
01-05-04, 16:12
Ok enough take it to pm's if you are going to aruge

I do NOT want to see any more posts of being inconsiderate on this issue for death is always a serious issue

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 16:13
Scuse me Freya, I STRONGLY object to you removing my posts without giving ANY cause what so ever. Just cause I "might" have offended you, gives you no reason to remove MY point of view on this subject!

Kal
01-05-04, 16:14
lexx had a very good point and put across a constructive post.

*humps lexx's leg some more*

Freya
01-05-04, 16:15
if you give me a moment i am removing all of them

CLOSED for cleaning;

reopened

i suggest if you want to troll or look for trouble you post elsewhere or keep it to yourself

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 16:27
Ok, if we are now allowed to post posts about people dying.

Sgt. Michael D. Acklin II
25 years old
1st Battalion, 320th Field Artillery Regiment, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)
From Louisville, Kentucky
Killed when two 101st Airborne Division UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters collided in mid-air over Mosul, Iraq, on November 15, 2003

All these people, and more, are on http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/ yet if a post were to be made, about these people dying, it would be closed in a second, as the previous one on this subject was. Why allow one thread on one subject to remain open, whilst another on the same subject, is closed, when the people in the closed subject, are effecting the world as we know it?

steweygrrr
01-05-04, 16:40
Do you two HAVE to make an issue of everything? There was no 'point' as such other than I have just lost a very good friend and you have to go and throw in pedantics. As DF said yes, everyone has a different way of expressing things (thanks for your kindness and ditto for spongebob....btw Kais is no longer jellybeanman :)) and this is my way. [ edited ]
Thank you.

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 16:45
[ edited ]

StryfeX
01-05-04, 16:45
I didn't know where else to put this.....

I just got told I lost one of my best friends :'(

She was killed in a car crash last night.....thats all I know at the moment.... I'm trying to tak about her but can't bring myself to say anything in the past tense about her . She's a lively, fun, intelligent young woman with 2 amazing children and she has just been stolen from us by a cruel twist of fate. At least I can hold on to my last memory of her, smiling and laughing. I just hope she's moved on to a better place than she has been in.............That really bites, man. I had a family friend die not too long ago from cancer, so I can commiserate somewhat. It's tough, but I found that not truly dwelling and brooding on it makes it a lot easier to bear. Good luck.

--Stryfe

[Edit @ Lex: Come on man... Let him be. Please. I know this forum's probably not the best place to say that a friend died or whatever, but that doesn't mean we should all go and piss on someone's thread when they do so.]

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 16:50
Lexx if you have an issue with other threads being closed and this one being open, then that's a moderation issue and you should PM Nidhogg or Odin about it instead of spamming up this thread. :rolleyes:

Stew, i'm really sorry to hear about your friend. There's really nothing I can say at all that will comfort you. :(

Kasumi
01-05-04, 16:53
I dont really know what to say.. Except I *have* been told it is sad to almost or loose a friend. No words will help with the trouble and comfort you.. Remembering the important things about her and the good things will bring the best comfort..

Forget My Name
01-05-04, 16:57
@steweygrrr- Sorry to hear that. I lost a friend years ago. Trust me friend, time heals you. Life is a cycle, wether you are religious or not, life is a cycle.

@Lexx- Seriously now, do you have any morals? Steweygrrr came to these boards and told us because to him ( and to most of us, even you ) this forum feels like home. This forum has familiar faces and a sense of 'family' in a sense. He came to these boards because he wanted to share his misery with those he wanted to talk to. Nothing more. Of course he wants attention, but shit, who wouldn't in this situation, and if he wants attention now, so be it, we all should give it to him. And no one cares about your cats. You can never compare animal life to a decent human life. That is an insult in the highest order.

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 17:00
@Lexx- Seriously now, do you have any morals? Steweygrrr came to these boards and told us because to him ( and to most of us, even you ) this forum feels like home. This forum has familiar faces and a sense of 'family' in a sense. He came to these boards because he wanted to share his misery with those he wanted to talk to. Nothing more. Of course he wants attention, but shit, who wouldn't in this situation, and if he wants attention now, so be it, we all should give it to him. And no one cares about your cats. You can never compare animal life to a decent human life. That is an insult in the highest order.

I do have some morals, I also have friends in the Navy, Army and RAF, heck, my dad was in the navy, my brother the raf, but if one of my friends was in Iraq, and died during the war, the thread would be closed, a thread on someone dying in the war, was closed. Why should there be two standards? There shouldnt be, if one person cant post about someone dying, then another person should not be able to post about someone dying.

@ SD - its ok, you'll be happy to know, his friends name was Para, and it has finally been removed :rolleyes:

Forget My Name
01-05-04, 17:01
Well, then you are right if this is the case.

Freya
01-05-04, 17:07
each mod, mods differntly as each person is differnt
if you have a problem with it Nid is the lead speak with him but DO NOT troll and try and cause trouble

things happen in ppls lifes and sometimes ppl need to vent, and sometimes they just need a friend to listen if you can not comment in a sincer manor just dont simple as that

Last warning

Lexxuk
01-05-04, 17:10
Each mod may mod differently, but a rule is a rule, if one thread is closed for one reason, other threads of the same reason must also be closed. There is no if's, no but's. Editing my posts will not make a blind bit of difference, the fact remains that you are instigating double standards by allowing different rules for different people.

/edit @ Stryfe - I know I should give the guy a break, but standards must be seen to be maintained, threads on certain subjects are closed, so if one is closed, all must be closed. And yes, this "isnt" the place to discuss such a thing, if one of my friends died, the last place I would mention it would be a forum, it would be to my other friends, who would know exactly what I was going through, simply because they would be going through it also.

steweygrrr
01-05-04, 17:12
I do have some morals, I also have friends in the Navy, Army and RAF, heck, my dad was in the navy, my brother the raf, but if one of my friends was in Iraq, and died during the war, the thread would be closed, a thread on someone dying in the war, was closed. Why should there be two standards? There shouldnt be, if one person cant post about someone dying, then another person should not be able to post about someone dying.

@ SD - its ok, you'll be happy to know, his friends name was Para, and it has finally been removed :rolleyes:

Well if thats your logic, your thread regarding your lung operation should have been closed the second it was opened. And you may notice after looking at that particular thread, I didnt spam or troll once so I will ask you kindly to have the teenciest bit of respect (yes I know its a hard concept for you) and keep it to yourself.

Freya
01-05-04, 17:14
thread closed
off topic