PDA

View Full Version : Switching between 3rd and 1st person

ResurgencE
01-05-04, 09:53
When setting up the keys in the options menu, it seems that the only way to switch between 1st and 3rd person is to hold down alt, followed by the key you designate.

Is there no way to map the function to a single key, since i wish to switch mid-fight with ease, rather than having to press alt+e or alt+whatever all the time.

Neocrons_coward
01-05-04, 10:04
i got a problem with hitting. I cant use my fists. I press alt +h and nothing happens.,. i went into controls and nothing wrong there any ideas?

amfest
01-05-04, 10:07
I guess it could be nice though i think i'd hit that by accident alot. Personaly I don't find it a hassle to switch since i use the wasd movement config and the thumb is already there on the spacebar for jump near the alt key. So it's a simple click of thumb and pointer finger to switch back and forth.

i got a problem with hitting. I cant use my fists. I press alt +h and nothing happens.,. i went into controls and nothing wrong there any ideas?

I remmeber having that problem before. I never did solve it . .it was back in beta. Although i think fists should be on the quickbelt sorta. Like it should be already a part of the quickbelt so if you roll wheelmouse up from slot 1 you get fists although it could still be alt+H to switch it also. But I think you shoudl be able to wheelmouse to it also.

ResurgencE
01-05-04, 10:10
Hmm...Yeh, i can switch to wasd as well.

But i feel so much more comfortable with the arrows. Ive got my own setup, there. :)

So no way to assign it to just one key, eh?

SilentEye
01-05-04, 11:20
Having fists in your quickbelt would be nothing more then stupid.

You can see your quickbelt as a belt which holds your items, and you can't tell
me that you hold your fists in a belt...

I'm sure you get my point.

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 11:37
Hmm...Yeh, i can switch to wasd as well.

But i feel so much more comfortable with the arrows. Ive got my own setup, there. :)

So no way to assign it to just one key, eh?
Arrows????!!!

EWEWWW!!!!

Kal
01-05-04, 11:41
someone should write a prog which automaticly goes between first and third when you pull AoE/a barrel and anything else

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 11:49
Or you could all be real men and use 1st all the time. :p

ResurgencE
01-05-04, 11:56
Arrows????!!!

Rofl...Yeh, i used to get the same response from friends when they discovered my dark secret. I can play with wasd with equal ease, but ive set up the keys surrounding the arrows to resemble the same setup of one who utilises wasd. I can switch between multiple items, activate doors, jump, crouch, shoot, etc...All in the exact same fashion.

Trust me, ive been playing FPS's for nearly 11 years as well (If Wolf3d and doom count :D ). Its the same setup.

Or you could all be real men and use 1st all the time.

Hehe. Admittedly, 1st person comes in more handy in some situations. But there are other situations where it'd be wiser to switch to 3rd real quick to keep a tab on your opponent, like in close-combat using a tank, since your weapon eats up half your screen.

I'd like to use a balance of the two. ;)

Benjie
01-05-04, 16:01
Somebody set there keys to the Oldschool for me. :) (I think I might do this for laughs)

Oldschool:
Q - forward
S - Backwards
L - Right
K - Left
Space - Shoot

:p

Anyone else just get a major Nostalgia hit? :D :rolleyes:

Geth
01-05-04, 16:26

That happend to me a while ago, it was understandable when I mapped alt to crouch, ( :lol: stupid I know) but it would not work even when I freed up alt again. I think I had to reset the the control settings to default and reassign them all from scratch.

amfest
01-05-04, 16:28
Having fists in your quickbelt would be nothing more then stupid.

You can see your quickbelt as a belt which holds your items, and you can't tell
me that you hold your fists in a belt...

I'm sure you get my point.
I was just saying it benig a part of the rotation of the wheelmouse. Would make things easier for newbies also. You can't reazlie how many don't even "know" they can use fists. Yea i could say it's their fault for not looking through their key setups and it's not always a case of read the instruction manuel since any new people have gone the route of the download option. *shrugs* was just a thought. Anyhow this is off topic .. heh

I'm not too keen on programs but maybe get someone to make a simple program so when you hit a certain key it automatically inputs that specific key again with the alt. errr is that possible? .. lol.

LiL T
01-05-04, 17:28
No can't have fists mapped to quickbelt because theres no way of telling when you have your fists out till you start punching. And copbots kill you if you have your fists out as I found out one time in the outzone subway station.

hivemind
01-05-04, 17:51
I have this issue as well. My ALT key is rebound as my "move backwards" key, and I'm not about to learn a new config after 11 years. This is part of the reason I get so pissed about 3rd person issues, which I won't start talking about here again...

Please let us bind the stuff that wants ALT+X to single keys.

SorkZmok
01-05-04, 17:57
Same here! I just cant use em anymore. Tried to reassign the keys, still doesnt work. No idea why.

And i loved running around punching people! :(

tomparadox
01-05-04, 20:21
Oldschool:
Q - forward
S - Backwards
L - Right
K - Left
Space - Shoot]

Oo loli use almost that sept mines mouse and keybord and diferent movement and jump setup, on mine space jumps.