PDA

View Full Version : Epic Question

Nash_Brigham
01-05-04, 09:42
Now, this isn't a question concerning Epic's how to do em, or crap like that. My question concerns the Epic Quest for NExT. Part of that quest, well, actually, two parts of it, require you to see FA members. Now, if I understand all things, FA will be considered an enemy to NExT after DoY, city vs. city and all. So, the question is pretty simple. Are KK planning on reworking that epic or are the newbie runners going to be virtually screwed?

Aziraphale
01-05-04, 10:57
My guess is that KK hadn't even thought of that :p
Same goes for a lot of epics, they're going to need a rework to be viable.

Agent L
01-05-04, 13:34
All this anti- and pro- city crap looks like completly unthought change enforced by some retarded manager who was unable to understand that there is no good and evil.
I hope it'll never be introduced, coz almost everything will be totally screwed.

Crahn changing dogmas to live peacefully with Angels. LOL!
BioTech cooperating with Tangent. HAHAHA!
Dragons shaking Tsunami's hand. ROTFL!

Who smells carebears?

SilentEye
01-05-04, 16:33
Crahn changing dogmas to live peacefully with Angels. <> They have a better chance together.
BioTech cooperating with Tangent. <> Implants and weapons, perfect match.
Dragons shaking Tsunami's hand. <> Dragons can take advantage of Tsunamis money gained in PP, Tsunami can use Dragons lowlife out/in going to get more people to visit PP.

Agent L
03-05-04, 01:45
Religious zealots never change their dogmas. Hate nearly as long as all postnuclear civilisation, and what, you expect Osama to chage his dogmas?
TT WAS a part of BT. Read storyline pls and you'll learn what kind of hate lies between Seymour and Damien. Two brothers fighting each trying to impress father. This can't end easily.
Actually KK may lead this contest to an ending and make BT taken over by TT or opposite. One Jordan could be banned from the city and try to reestablish his empire under wings of York. THAT would be cool. Kiddie NAPs are not.

All I'm trying to say is that good-vs-evil crap does not fit into NC. We have only bad guys and even worse guys. And behind them all lurks really evil guys everyone of us hope to never meet in wastelands....
That's why we need AB back >:-[]

Scikar
03-05-04, 02:31
They won't be factions in love with each other, instead fighting their common enemy. I'll give you some better ridiculous examples:

CA allow TT and BT to exist and run their companies within NC, yet they won't help fight Black Dragon or the Crahn Sect.
ProtoPharma are allowed to exist within the city also, yet they won't help fight BD either, and on top of that they won't fight TG.
TT and BT would rather fight each other than actively stop the TG terrorists who would like to wipe them off the face of the planet.

You want a real explanation for what's happening? Alright:

CA order the companies within Neocron to assist in fighting CAs enemies, or they will be kicked out of the city. BioTech and Tangent agree to stop fighting each other and work against the enemies of the City. They don't get along swimmingly, and are only neutral towards each other, however there is no longer open warfare (do Ford workers run around shooting Chrysler employees on a daily basis?).

As a result, this concerted force is enough to seriously challenge the survival of Black Dragon, Tsunami, Crahn, and Twilight Guardian. BD and TS agree to a shaky ceasefire in order to work against CA, and call in Crahn. BD also agree to an end to hostilities with TG. However even this is not enough. TG request the help of their allies, the Fallen Angels. Since FA are enemies with TT already anyway, they agree, but on the condition that Crahn and Black Dragon stop attacking them. BD and CS reluctantly agree, since they have no other choice. In response, CA declare FA an enemy of the City and encourage all city factions to target them.

Regarding epics, I don't think there will be too much of a problem. The FA runners you speak of are found in Tech Haven. TH is apparently to become an OP rather than FA's primary HQ. So I would expect to see the NPCs work essentially like the PP NPC at Gabanium Mine.

Bear in mind the anti city epics are already complete, and are only lacking a few elements from DoY before they are available.

]v[ortice
03-05-04, 02:49
As I understood it all epics are being redone.

I'm prolly wrong.

With regard to the Factions ditching old alliances. Well it is obvious that the world is being split in two. It is therefore natural to assume that within the storyline, there will be reasoning for all of this.

I'm not expecting BD HQ to be next door to TSU HQ... but they will have to co-operate if they are to bring down reeza by fair means or foul.

I would also point out that these factions would prolly not be allies but have a neutral pact of sorts. Basically shelving the arguments for now.

A few people have suggested that biotech will lose their war with TT also... maybe with even a take-over of sorts... but remaining 2 separate business enterprises.

Can't wait to find out :)