PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Diary

MrChumble
01-05-04, 00:45
16:00 yay work is finished, off to the pub for a quick one before I go home!

16:30 At the train station. Oooh the bridge is closed, gotta wait 20 mins for my train.

18:00 Finally home! Got bugger all else to do, so time to fire up neocron

18:05 Cool I left my noobie tank logged off outside El Farid, I can go straight in and do some leveling.

18:05 FRE

18:07 Finally manage to log back in. I'm dead inside El Farid caves. GR to plaza2 for pokes.

18:15 Still no poker. Bored of waiting so I log Rawne on, my DIY character, and poke myself up.

18:20 Back to El Farid. I get some good leveling in, clear the cave 5 times or so. No queen on any run, nothing unusual there. I've not seen the queen in 1.5 years of playing so why would today be any different. FRE twice in caves, manage not to die.

19:30 Spawns in the cave are becoming crap. Final straw is a run without a single Giant Scorpion. If I wanted to take on one mob at a time I'd be out shooting warbots.

19:35 Back in plaza I try to find a researcher to do some ryker launcher BPs.

19:45 Still no researcher anywhere...

19:55 Bored to shit, I log Rawne back on and do the BPs myself. Aren't I lucky I pay for an extra account so I don't have to wait all day for simple game elements.

20:00 Looking for a cster now, usually some of them around...

20:20 Log on Neko, my friends CSTer, cos I can't be bothered to wait any longer for a cster.

20:30 Called to an op war. Turns out we're just re-ninja'ing an op that got ninja'd from us overnight. The excitement is so overwhelming I almost cry. Happen to check gogo (http://www.chumble.org/cix/hmm.jpg).

21:00 Food arrives. Sweet and Sour chicken with fried rice. It's the high point of the day so far.

21:01 FRE. Stay offline while I eat my food.

21:20 Log back in. Dead again.

21:25 Wander around wondering what to do. Can't really find anything and no one is chatting (or even online as far as I can tell) so I log off.

22:00 Omigod! OP war time!!!

22:01 Excitement wears off when I realise there's no other clans on the server with enough people on to fight. Finally we settle on a CA clan. We're defacto allied to them due to common enemy, but they have 5 online to our 10, making them the nearest we can get to a fair fight.

22:30 Several FREs later the clan finally all arrive at the OP.

22:35 I wonder why my Trike is thwarted by huge obstacles (http://www.chumble.org/cix/i_hate_u_kk.jpg).

22:40 First layer hacked. We curse our noobie hacker for being noobie. FRE.

22:41 CA PPU comes up from underground. Protests they have 3 online and we're zerging. I can't bring myself to argue with him because he's right. Fight lasts about 10 seconds and PPU GRs out when he sees our anti-buffers arrive.

22:45 I potter over to neighbouring OP to see if CA clan is grouping there. They are. I unload a few rounds of Trike uber cannon into the nearest APU. Am slightly disappointed to see 8 damage come off the APU.

22:46 I am cursing KK very loudly in several different languages, as Mr APU and Mr PPU chase me around the map, managing to outrun my Trike (which is again thwarted by huge obstacles like bumps and blades of grass) while run casting Holy Lightning on me. Finally give them the slip with 7 health left. Spiderbot spots me from the otherside of the known universe and starts shooting me. I zone with 3 health. I barely manage to contain my anger, and amazingly do not come to the neocron forums and lambast KK for being useless fuckwits. FRE.

22:50 We have a bit of a fight with the remnants of the CA clan force. Lasts 2 minutes. We win. Clan laments the fact that OP wars generally suck, and yet are amazingly also the best thing in neocron. I wonder how good they'd have to be to make 2 minutes of war justify the 4 hours spent preparing for it.

23:10 FRE. Log back in. FRE again. Stay logged off in disgust. Come to neocron forum and lambast KK for being useless fuckwits.

Altogether not the best day. Just a few minor niggles ruined an otherwise enjoyable play session.

Ooops sorry I got that backwards. I few brief moments of enjoyment interrupted the endless procession of bugs and idiotic design decisions.

cRazy2003
01-05-04, 00:56
rofl, i see you seem to be holding anger well
and yea its true sometimes you can get your vehicle stopped dead by a blade of grass or a pebble

Candaman
01-05-04, 00:57
for u got away with FRE'ing about half as much as normal i'm glad for u :P and they say theres no high end content???? WTF !!!! lol and then all the patches coming through will change weapon tl's and weapon weights so that u can enjoy the boredom with less free weight or get killed quicker by the rare melee tank u see in the 5 online users i love kk

Scikar
01-05-04, 01:07
Weapon weights are going down for the most part. Only cannons are going up.

If current tests are accurate, melee damage has actually decreased despite the increases in TLs.

It's pretty unlucky to FRE so much like that. I know it's what everyone says, but have you updated your sound drivers lately? Sound issues seem to be the main causes of crashes when you check the crash logs.

Kal
01-05-04, 01:41
want a good pvp mmorpg with high player counts?

want it for free?

|
|
\/