PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Cloth System

Jailbird
30-04-04, 18:01
Hello,
I am sure that nobody knows me and many would judge me by my post count which is shit but who cares, I don’t wanna brag about me being a NC Beta4 veteran ( but I am :p ).

anyways, I have been thinking of a great system that will improve game play and make hunting mobs more fun and rewarding than just collecting rare parts. I called it the Cloth system.
In the last plan file about NC:BDOY features. MJS said the following:

1.9 New Player Character Models
A completely new character creation system will allow a much more individual character customization. You can finally create a fitting avatar by choosing from a series of heads, haircuts, beards, cloth etc.
After the character has been created, you can still change cloth at the outfitter or get a new haircut at the hairdresser. Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette. Of course the new character models will take advantage of the updated engine.

My Idea was to make those sunglasses/hats/helmets that show on your body equipped in another equipment boxes as shown in the first image. You will have the ability to either show the cloth on you or not by enabling/disabling them in the appearance area.
I named those equipments "Cloth" (so that you don’t mix up between it and the armor) would be dropped by various monsters and will be very hard to get. Chances of a monster dropping one varies between 0.01% for easy drops and 0.001% for rare drops.

Cloth will give you bonuses to various skills such as DEX, INT, PSI, STR, CON and also to sub skills such as HC, MC, Research, Construct etc, but the bonuses will be not be very high ( so that it doesn’t cause any in balancing issues). Highest a bonus will be in a skill might be +2 and on a sub skill might be +5. the higher the bonus a cloth gives the more rare it gets. there are no race restriction or level restriction to wearing them. This will encourage many people to try to collect all of them for their lowbie character to level him faster.

Below are few examples of those equipment I made up:

Head

Item name Bonuses Dropped By Drop Rate
Einstein Glasses + 1 INT + 2 RESS - 0.05%
Viking Helmet + 1 STR + 3 Melee Grim Chaser 0.03%
Clown Nose + 2 fire + 2 energy - 0.1%
Electronic Glass + 5 WPL +5 RC/HC/PC York Rep 0.01%
Gas Mask +20 Poison Viper Queen 0.01%

Upper Body

Item name Bonuses Dropped By Drop Rate
Einstein Coat + 1 Int + 3 Ress 0.05%
Viking Metal Plate + 1 STR + 2 Melee 0.03%
Clown Colorful Shirt + 3 Xray + 4 Poison 0.1%

Lower Body

Item Bonuses Dropped By Drop Rate
Diapers +15 Resist Poison Viper Queen 0.01%
Clown Large Pants + 4 HP + 3 Ath 0.02%

Boots

Clown Long shoes +2 all resists +2 ath 0.01%
Rocket Shoes +5 AGI + 5 ATH Warbot Titan 0.01%

Rings

Ring of Wisdom +5 ress/con/rep/imp 0.001%
Ring of the Genius +5% xp bonus per kill 0.001%

(wew took me a while setting up those tabels)

Conclusion:

1-This system will enable KK to introduce unlimited amount of "cloth" with different stats/names/ apperence

2- will introduce alot of fun in hunting different types of mobs

3- will enable to have thousands of unique character setups

I hope you enjoyed reading it, please post more ideas that will help improve this system instead of posting something like " BaD IdEa J00 SuX0r" or " j00 CnAt SePlL nIb"

PLZ rate the thread if you like it

Heavyporker
30-04-04, 18:13
I have to admit it sounds intriguing...

]v[ortice
30-04-04, 18:32
Nice idea man.

Dunno if I wanna look like a clown heheheh.

Rated 4 stars from me :)

Opar
30-04-04, 18:43
nice idea, but I think it shoudl be seperate from the armour window, the big-ass window would confuse newbies :)

Jailbird
30-04-04, 18:45
nice idea, but I think it shoudl be seperate from the armour window, the big-ass window would confuse newbies

I tried to make it as small as possible but my MS paint skillz sux.. but ya, having it in another window would help.

Benjie
30-04-04, 19:03
I would like KK to rid the Dresser, and for clothes to be equiped onto a Paperdoll, or perhaps slots like Armour. It allows for more interactivity. :D

The dresser just feels wrong.

Of course clothes could have bonuses and properties if kk decided they should do.

Forget My Name
30-04-04, 19:12
Sounds wonderful. Very good.

is the drop rate of .001% less than the current chance of getting a CS or a Psi Core? I don't like the idea of sunglasses having a more rare chance of dropping than a already 'rare' item is to find and put together.

Jailbird
30-04-04, 19:26
Sounds wonderful. Very good.

is the drop rate of .001% less than the current chance of getting a CS or a Psi Core? I don't like the idea of sunglasses having a more rare chance of dropping than a already 'rare' item is to find and put together.

0.01% means 1 out of every 1000 mob.. and if you are speaking about the Electronic glass then that means killing 1000 lets say 120/120 rep commander will give you a 100% chance of getting one and thats not always right, its mostly about luck. plus, those are only examples, if KK want to implemint them they can add their own bonuses and drop rates.

also, i didnt get your saying exactly. are you saying that the glasses chance drop rate is lower than the drop rate of all CS parts or the oposite?

its good if the drop rate is low of those items because they should be uniqe.. not every person on the server should have one.

atm EVERY tank got a CS and most tanks got a DEVY.. most APUS got a HL/FA. only difference is ur con setup and stuff like that.

NONpk
30-04-04, 19:42
nice idea, 5 stars.

<*walks around with clown shoes :p *

INFERNO22
30-04-04, 20:03
RATED 5 big ones :angel:

Clownst0pper
30-04-04, 20:15
Loose the rings, and the clown name, and it rocks.

Jailbird
30-04-04, 20:22
Loose the rings, and the clown name, and it rocks.

Am not sure if i got what you mean, is it meant as a joke or somethin? :p

oh, i guess thats a riddle :rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
30-04-04, 20:26
I always found the idea of rings stupid.

We have 10 fingers, why cant we wear 10 rings?

If u dont have them in the first place, u cant bring that topic up.

And naming clothes after a comical character doesnt persuade me to A) like it, B) wear it :)

Bl@zed
30-04-04, 20:29
great idea man, 5 stars

Jailbird
30-04-04, 20:32
I always found the idea of rings stupid.

We have 10 fingers, why cant we wear 10 rings?

cause then ull get overpowered ! 8|

And naming clothes after a comical character doesnt persuade me to A) like it, B) wear it :)

U LIE ! :p anyways.. those are just ideas. you can give them different names.

I just choose those names for a joke. like do you think KK will put diapers in the game? :p .plus you got the chance to make the cloth appear on you or not

greendonkeyuk
30-04-04, 21:03
sovereigns (sp?) n shell suits. jus for mortice. :)

no seriously i love the idea but i wouldnt wear a viking helmet if you paid me. hahah. 5 stars.

Mr Friendly
30-04-04, 21:20
good except for the +15 & +20 poison things

poison weapons would become useless with everyone having an extra +15 or +20 poison resist :(

Kenjuten
30-04-04, 21:32
Poison is already kind of useless tho... at least, from what I understand. O_o

Jailbird
30-04-04, 21:34
good except for the +15 & +20 poison things

poison weapons would become useless with everyone having an extra +15 or +20 poison resist :(

I know, but see how rare it is :)
their drop rate is 0.01% that is 1 every 10,000 kills and they are dropped by the viper queen rank 120/120. so you gotta do the viper queen run 10,000 times to have a 99.9% of getting one ( -0.1 for luck :p ) and that will be extra tough to complete. thats why i gave it high poison resist.. i too was thinking about it giving something around 5-10 but realized that the boss that drops it is very tough.

Kenjuten
30-04-04, 21:36
I was originally going to ignore the reek-of-d2 the idea was showing, but eh...

Really now, I'm not interested in doing something a bajillion times just to get one thing. I have my games for that sort of thing. I don't want this game to be one of them. =\

Jailbird
30-04-04, 21:44
I was originally going to ignore the reek-of-d2 the idea was showing, but eh...

Really now, I'm not interested in doing something a bajillion times just to get one thing. I have my games for that sort of thing. I don't want this game to be one of them. =\

I understand your point of view.. but Neocron lacks the items and they can hardly add more items such is weapons/armours because they cause inbalance and if what they added is uber everybody uses it.

the only way KK ads stuff now is through rare parts. this increases the rare pool making it hard for people to find what they look for but still easy to get the parts you want by trade and in 1 week you end up having ur uber rare weapon lets say a CS taht 99% of the tankshas or maybe 2 weeks to get a Devy that 80% of the tanks on the server has.

the Cloth am talking about are so rare that it will be hard for 1 guy to have a certain type of cloth and i know that many peple would hate to kill a monster a million time to get that item.. me too i hate killing a certain type type of mob over and over for a certain item.

but so far there is no better way to add hundreds of rare items than the method my idea is based on.

the reason why KK rarly add rare weapons is because they know that the rare pool will increase and many people wont like it because its allready full of usless rare parts.and please, if you have better ideas, just post it here.

Vryce
30-04-04, 21:45
:p anyways.. those are just ideas. you can give them different names.

Great idea, man; 5 stars!!!

Clown suits=NO Pimp suits=YES :p

Jest
30-04-04, 21:47
I think the individual items need some work, but the general idea is a great one and definitely derserving of 5 stars and a big "sex."

Kenjuten
30-04-04, 21:48
I unfortunately don't at this moment, Jailbird...but something to consider:

This idea can just as likely imbalance the game as it can 'complete' the game.

Currently, implants and other things are statted such that people can't do a chain-link and become too overpowered. A good example of an almost-doing-it thing is the Str-type PE. They can achieve about 90 str by using one implant, then another which becomes then useable, repeat. Drugs help this process along as well as secure the final position.

As if problems aren't abound already, it's possible to get about... 60 str? Currently on a Monk. The utmost extreme max to my knowledge. It's kinda insane how things are already, the only reason right now things don't become broken is because some drugs are rare. This new idea would take a very long time to get itself in sync with the current concepts so as not to entirely break the game.

Which means, we wouldn't see this idea happening for years, if approved. =\

Edit: As an afterthought, I will be studying how the new drug changes will affect the game on my own...

Jailbird
30-04-04, 21:55
Which means, we wouldn't see this idea happening for years, if approved. =\

thats the sad thing, allthough the only thing you can do is hope KK read it and try to creat a system similar to this. Ive seen KK implement ideas from comunity members so hopefully if everybody likes this idea even KK they might implement it sooner ;)

-FN-
30-04-04, 22:00
The clown motif is... interesting.

The rings, yeah, lose those.

But facewear, the Einstein Line, the gas mask, and a few other things sound great. Really give the whole unique character setup a great feel.

Given the items were revamped and stuck the to sci-fi mood of the game, 5 stars :)

Jailbird
30-04-04, 22:04
The clown motif is... interesting.

The rings, yeah, lose those.

But facewear, the Einstein Line, the gas mask, and a few other things sound great. Really give the whole unique character setup a great feel.

Given the items were revamped and stuck the to sci-fi mood of the game, 5 stars :)

why dont you like rings? k how about 2 slots for accessories which will include items such as necklaces, earings and rings too ;)

-FN-
30-04-04, 22:09
Because armor made out of a certain type of material or serving certain function makes sense....

But it's so 'fantasy game' to believe that a "magical" ring on my finger makes me better at something.

Unless the ring injects speed into the capillaries in my finger and I have to reload the ring, it's not realistic, even in the sci-fi unrealistic future :p

Jailbird
30-04-04, 22:12
Because armor made out of a certain type of material or serving certain function makes sense....

But it's so 'fantasy game' to believe that a "magical" ring on my finger makes me better at something.

Unless the ring injects speed into the capillaries in my finger and I have to reload the ring, it's not realistic, even in the sci-fi unrealistic future :p

using a glove to cast different types of magic is unrealistic too :p

but ya i agree with you..

Kenjuten
30-04-04, 22:14
The glove was explained proper...

The ring idea tho is actually interesting. Takes less time to use than a booster in reality. Just clench your fist real hard and it would spike and inject...very very interesting.

Hey, it's based off torture, it does work. :)

Kal
01-05-04, 02:04
sounds very good, but also sounds very UO

Jailbird
01-05-04, 04:57
I got another idea,
To make it that people dont need to kill a monster a million time to get a certain item how about the monster that holds a cloth would turn dark red when he spawns and has double defence double attack and double everything? this will make it a challenge to kill him alone.

for example. if the rate of the monster dropping the item is 1 every 1000 kills then whenever someone kills the monster 1000 all around the world map the red strong version of that monster appears somewhere in the map and it would be quaranteed that he drops the item.

Kasumi
01-05-04, 06:03
I say.. I dont like the idea.. Why does everything ALWAYS have to do with adding to stat bonus??? Clothes should go in armor spots.. They should be RP items not stat bonus. 1 star and say no.. BAD idea.. :/

Clothes should not be *equipment* like armor, weapon, PSi spell.. They should be for Roleplay.. Atleast thats what I think.. I dont see how a set of glasses add to a person ability, or a top add to a persons ability to perform.. :/

Kenjuten
01-05-04, 06:11
I got another idea,
To make it that people dont need to kill a monster a million time to get a certain item how about the monster that holds a cloth would turn dark red when he spawns and has double defence double attack and double everything? this will make it a challenge to kill him alone.

for example. if the rate of the monster dropping the item is 1 every 1000 kills then whenever someone kills the monster 1000 all around the world map the red strong version of that monster appears somewhere in the map and it would be quaranteed that he drops the item.
I've had that kind of experience elsewhere....funnily enough it was one of those games i mentioned. :p

I kinda like the idea, but I'm not too sure. I'll need a few days to think about it.

Heavyporker
01-05-04, 06:38
DEAR CRAHN!!! By Crahn's itchy left nut, would you people stop it with eye-bleeding text colors?!

petek480
01-05-04, 06:42
I dont see how a set of glasses add to a person ability
When I wear my glasses I can see better, but maybe thats just me :rolleyes:

PrizM
01-05-04, 07:13
It's a great idea think about it

StryfeX
01-05-04, 08:12
DEAR CRAHN!!! By Crahn's itchy left nut, would you people stop it with eye-bleeding text colors?!ROFL :lol:

On topic... Kasumi, clothes can and will be worn underneath armor. Just look at military personnel. They have their uniform then the body armor on top of that. Now, some things would have to conflict, like say the Viking Helmet and a Duranium Helmet, or something. But even if the cloths don't give stat bonuses, it would be really cool to have rare patterns drop from mobs.

--Stryfe

shrubbery
01-05-04, 09:28
This is not Ragnarok Online, and let's keep it like that, although the chosing of wheter or not you want your clothes showing is cool.

Kasumi
01-05-04, 10:17
ROFL :lol:

On topic... Kasumi, clothes can and will be worn underneath armor. Just look at military personnel. They have their uniform then the body armor on top of that. Now, some things would have to conflict, like say the Viking Helmet and a Duranium Helmet, or something. But even if the cloths don't give stat bonuses, it would be really cool to have rare patterns drop from mobs.

--Stryfe
I dont really mind the armor over clothes things.. but I strongly dislike the stat bonus they give. Not everything in neocron has to be "tradeskill" "combat" related.. :/

ResurgencE
01-05-04, 10:34
Havent read any posts following the threadstarter's, so the response is based solely on what he has said.

So long as it is possible to disable visuals on some of the items which you dont like, this thread's getting a 5-star rating from me. It gives us something more rare than techs to look forward to, and will perhaps entice people to hunt varied mobs.

Lovely idea.

amfest
01-05-04, 10:43
I dont really mind the armor over clothes things.. but I strongly dislike the stat bonus they give. Not everything in neocron has to be "tradeskill" "combat" related.. :/
I sorta agree with your kasumi but in a way I like the idea also. The way I think it shoudl work is there should be clothing options in stores you can buy like the outfitters areas but they are just for looks and no stats what so ever. But off mobs you can get these unique dropped clothes. That being said they should be very very very rare. It shouldn't be something you can say . . hmm i'm going to go and camp for clothes. It should be just a bonus while hunting . .and you get lucky and recive a clothing drop. You might hunt for a very long time before you even recieve a drop. Maybe like days of constant hunting. Or even a week or more ;).

Clownst0pper
01-05-04, 12:14
U know what I just realised, rofl, I said i didnt like the clown name, its my bloody forum name! rofl.

I take that back :lol:

Jailbird
01-05-04, 13:17
I say.. I dont like the idea.. Why does everything ALWAYS have to do with adding to stat bonus??? Clothes should go in armor spots.. They should be RP items not stat bonus. 1 star and say no.. BAD idea.. :/

Clothes should not be *equipment* like armor, weapon, PSi spell.. They should be for Roleplay.. Atleast thats what I think.. I dont see how a set of glasses add to a person ability, or a top add to a persons ability to perform.. :/

nice color choice.. yes there should be cloths that dont add stats and arent rare like the ciggerets but what am trying to do is increase the funfactor of hunting mobs and having a chance to get a rare item that almost nobody got. like what amfest said

It should be just a bonus while hunting . .and you get lucky and recive a clothing drop.

count the cloths that give stats as something similar to implants but you can wear like armour.

maybe it would be more balanced if we dont make them give any INT DEX STR CON PSI bonus but only subkills like con/ress bla bla..

I know everybody hates my Idea about the drops. EVEN MYSELF... though is the idea about such items available in the game a good idea? even though if they arent THAT rare ?

Xaru
01-05-04, 13:20
Good idea! But dont give the option, to turn off the appearance. If you wanna wear a clown nose, let everyone see it. It has to be a bit embarassing :)

Xaru

Agent L
01-05-04, 13:22
Terrible.
As we all know, no bonus is too small to be not worth dying for. So I have to agree with Kasumi, cut off bonuses bullshit.
Cool look is bonus big enough by itself. I don't want to sacrifice either my look to pwn or my skills to look good.
Implants are "magic bonus" system. There is no need (nor rp excuse) to duplicate this effect on every single item.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 13:26
Terrible.
As we all know, no bonus is too small to be not worth dying for. So I have to agree with Kasumi, cut off bonuses bullshit.
Cool look is bonus big enough by itself. I don't want to sacrifice either my look to pwn or my skills to look good.

someone didnt read the whole FIRST post :rolleyes:

You will have the ability to either show the cloth on you or not by enabling/disabling them in the appearance area.

so if you want stats without stupid looks then you can get it.

and about the bonuses, they arent that small.. and if they are high they will cause imbalance. remember:

there are no race restriction or level restriction to wearing them. This will encourage many people to try to collect all of them for their lowbie character to level him faster.

and what do u mean "worth dying for"? do mobs kill in this game ? :p

Agent L
01-05-04, 14:08
so if you want stats without stupid looks then you can get it.

No I want to look cool. With other clothes : )

and about the bonuses, they arent that small.. and if they are high they will cause imbalance.
uhm? That's what I meant. Any bonus is too big. Only acceptable is 0 : D

and what do u mean "worth dying for"?
Gimping yourself. Looking exactly like 99% of population.
Just doing everything for it.

someone didnt read the whole FIRST post
Just read it again. And I still don't understand what evaded me at first time.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 14:24
Gimping yourself. Looking exactly like 99% of population.
Just doing everything for it.

well, looking like 99% of the server would be something imposible.. the reason why I am trying to make those items VERY rare to get is because of that. It would be even rare to have 2-3 guys using the same rare item you looted from a mob. Its more rare than a CS or a Devy.. thats why not everybody have the chance to have them.

]v[ortice
01-05-04, 14:29
sovereigns (sp?) n shell suits. jus for mortice.

Cheeky Bleeder.

Clownst0pper
01-05-04, 14:43
Im sure KK will be doing something along these lines anyway

Agent L
01-05-04, 14:51
Man, we're in computer game - hundreds of geeks spending 24/7 playing will do everything to get every single item.
Look at diablo2 - wasn't elite uniques really hard to find? Yes, they were, but because they give an edge over other players, they became mandatory equipment. Everyone HAVE to use them, no matter how many months spent raping Mephisto over and over.
Same in NC, the problem with CS is not that CS is too easy to find, problem is that CS is better than TPC - so every tank HAS to use CS. MC5 too, hard to get, but not too hard for almost every capped char to have one.
My primary char is all-trader. It is hard for me is to assign every single point to be able to imp all TL, research expensive parts and cap quality of all items when csting. And now think, what would I do to get +10 res more (at skill 160 it is worth 50 train points).

So my point is that rare items can remain rare only if they give no real advantage, so noone will be forced to spend months to get them.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 15:01
Man, we're in computer game - hundreds of geeks spending 24/7 playing will do everything to get every single item.
Look at diablo2 - wasn't elite uniques really hard to find? Yes, they were, but because they give an edge over other players, they became mandatory equipment. Everyone HAVE to use them, no matter how many months spent raping Mephisto over and over.

I am aware of this, but how about you take some time to think of a solution instead of just pointing out weaknesses of the system? :rolleyes: (because am out of ideas and busy with final exams)

and thats pointed at everybody who thinks the system has weaknesses.

Agent L
01-05-04, 15:18
My solution is :
cool look, nothing more.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 15:20
My solution is :
cool look, nothing more.

but then nobody will be that intrested in them especially if they were put as rares.

Agent L
01-05-04, 15:21
that's my point : keep it interesting but not _that_ interesting : )

Jailbird
01-05-04, 15:28
that's my point : keep it interesting but not _that_ interesting : )

well, then nothing is changed much..

k imagine that,
after a long tedious WB hunt you end up with 5 rare parts, you think that today wasnt your lucky day so you decide you wanna log ur resser and ress them but you see another WB near by and you decide you will kill it and hack it before you leave. You killed the warbot and to your surprise he dropped you an "Einstein Coat" ( +1 Int + 3 ress).

how happy would you be? you will most likley transfer it to your resser ASAP with the rare parts. plus youll spam trade channel :lol:

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 15:29
Items and clothes that serve a function as well as look good, would be cool.

A gas mask that adds posion as a helmet witha a funky model is cool.

A wrist band that you can load (like ammo) with stams or psi boosters, three versions and a rare each wit higher capacity.

Things like that.

Agent L
01-05-04, 15:48
k imagine that,
after a long tedious WB hunt you end up with 5 rare parts, you think that today wasnt your lucky day so you decide you wanna log ur resser and ress them but you see another WB near by and you decide you will kill it and hack it before you leave. You killed the warbot and to your surprise he dropped you an "Einstein Coat" ( +1 Int + 3 ress).

Impossible for me. Pure traders cannot even wield a weapon, killing a WB is unthinkable : D And I play 1-char servers of coz :D

how happy would you be?
Yeah, very happy I think. However it is no good argument.
Think of it from another point - you stand in plaza an then someone starts spamming TRADE "OMFG, Einstein Coat". Of coz every trader tries to buy it, but he says "big nono, i are st00pid tank, i have small int, coat good, makes me more int, heavy deflector belt, look it have POWER ON button"
: )

Nothing makes one as happy as low hlt apu without medikts looting "big piece of flesh" : )

Jailbird
01-05-04, 15:51
your really good at arguing AGAINST something :lol:

i loose to you, hope that makes you happy :p

you can be a good polotician btw :D

Kasumi
01-05-04, 16:44
nice color choice.. yes there should be cloths that dont add stats and arent rare like the ciggerets but what am trying to do is increase the funfactor of hunting mobs and having a chance to get a rare item that almost nobody got. like what amfest said I still dont *agree* someone should not have to be *bribed* to hunt mobs.. Getting a *rare* clothing should be reward enough.. If its not than why are THEY playinga MMORPG??

I would also like to say IF clothes gave states EVERYONE would look the same because EVERYONE would get the best *set* of rare clothes.. Doing that would ruin the reason for Clothes *difference* so stats are very bad idea.. ^^

SilentEye
01-05-04, 16:59
One question, what if I am wearing a PA?

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 17:00
With DoY, we should get a clothing system, the plan file did say that there would be wereable items.

I think there should be some very rare, unquie even, items, that simply look cool, nothing more.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 17:06
I still dont *agree* someone should not have to be *bribed* to hunt mobs.. Getting a *rare* clothing should be reward enough.. If its not than why are THEY playinga MMORPG??

I would also like to say IF clothes gave states EVERYONE would look the same because EVERYONE would get the best *set* of rare clothes.. Doing that would ruin the reason for Clothes *difference* so stats are very bad idea.. ^^

but if KK used this system they can add thousands of different types of cloth the give different stats like +2 Int +1 ress, +1 Int + 3 ress etc...

people will have a big choice of cloth to use in creating their character instead of just having to wear a Dura 4 like all tanks and a fire boots like all tanks.. or a INQ 2 like all PEs.

another Idea came in my mind.. how about giving the rare cloth numbers from 0 - 5 and the drop rate of 0 is easy but has no bonus and 5 is very hard but has the most bonus.

lets take the Einstein Coat as an example ( thats an example so dont take it seriously)

Item Bonuses Drop Rate
Einstein Coat non V.Easy
Einstein Coat + 1 +1 Ress Easy
Einstein Coat + 2 +1 Int +1 Ress Medium
Einstein Coat + 3 +1 Int +2 Ress Hard
Einstein Coat + 4 +1 Int +3 Ress V. Hard
Einstein Coat + 5 +2 Int +5 Ress RARE

One question, what if I am wearing a PA?

good question, I would assume that you will have the chance to make your PA appear on you or not.. otherwise it will just appear above your PA

Kasumi
01-05-04, 17:08
another Idea came in my mind.. how about giving the rare cloth numbers from 0 - 5 and the drop rate of 0 is easy but has no bonus and 5 is very hard but has the most bonus.Why must they give stats??/ Give me a good explanation why?? They are roleplay items, they are for making your interest in the World of Neocron better. To make you feel like you are your character not help with combat/tradeskills.. ^^ Making your character more individual.. ^^

Jailbird
01-05-04, 17:11
Why must they give stats??/ Give me a good explanation why?? They are roleplay items, they are for making your interest in the World of Neocron better. To make you feel like you are your character not help with combat/tradeskills.. ^^ Making your character more individual.. ^^

those are only addition items to the collection of items used for ROLEPLAY (such as the cigerrets which am sure will be sold in stores)

so you will be able to either buy/hunt your normal RP items.. in addition to that you will have the chance to be able to loot a rare Item that will give you stats also..

hope you understand this.

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 17:19
Why must they give stats??/ Give me a good explanation why?? They are roleplay items, they are for making your interest in the World of Neocron better. To make you feel like you are your character not help with combat/tradeskills.. ^^ Making your character more individual.. ^^

Why can't they be both? And where's the rule that says all rp items cannot give bonuses?

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 17:20
I get where you are coming from, but the problem is balance.

Everyone will have the same clothes, and the whole point of individual look will be lost.

Forget My Name
01-05-04, 17:20

Amen. Just because KK introduces a few rp items, doesnt mean we have to destroy the RP items with Combat items.

"Why doesnt anyone smoke those Reeza cics?"
-Because the ones you can find off mobs give you +5 dex
"Oh...."
-Why use a 'slot' for a RP item when you can use that slot for a "rp" combat item?
"I see... Fuck RP, time to get a new combat item!"

Jailbird
01-05-04, 17:26
Amen. Just because KK introduces a few rp items, doesnt mean we have to destroy the RP items with Combat items.

"Why doesnt anyone smoke those Reeza cics?"
-Because the ones you can find off mobs give you +5 dex
"Oh...."
-Why use a 'slot' for a RP item when you can use that slot for a "rp" combat item?
"I see... Fuck RP, time to get a new combat item!"

It seems that am the only person that keep on creating new Ideas, why dont u help instead of just saying that the idea isnt that good.

here is what i think... you will be given enough slots for RP only items.. lets say 4-5 in a different window.. while in the Cloth window you will still have the chance to wear combat items.

and plz show me that you guys are creative and give me more ideas ;)

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 17:30
OK dribble you're right. Then all of them should get no bonuses, OR the bonuses should be random? That way people will still look very individual.

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 17:31
As long as a combat item or an item that gives a stat bonus can replace an RP item, the Rp item simply will not be used.

Afaik, with DoY, rp items will be in a seperate window from the armours.

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 17:32
OK dribble you're right. Then all of them should get no bonuses, OR the bonuses should be random? That way people will still look very individual.
Eh?

The 'best' combat RP items will be the ones people will wear, so everyone will look the same.

If the Rp items simply look good and don't give bonuses, then people will wear stuff that is different to everyone else.

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 17:33
Eh?

The 'best' combat RP items will be the ones people will wear, so everyone will look the same.

If the Rp items simply look good and don't give bonuses, then people will wear stuff that is different to everyone else.

I said random. Meaning 2 same exact rp items can have different bonuses.

:p

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 17:36
You are still restricted by the stats though, would you want to wear a lime green jock strap just because it gave the best stats.
Surely RP items are about looking how you want?

Scikar
01-05-04, 17:39
Put it this way: If I have a choice between a really cool ninja assassin style suit for my spy, which gives no bonuses whatsoever, and my spy PA, no matter how cool the ninja assassin suit looks, I'm not going to fight in it.

Shadow Dancer
You are still restricted by the stats though, would you want to wear a lime green jock strap just because it gave the best stats.

I know, but it might encourage some trading. And how long do you think before people got the cloth they wanted?

:p

It doesn't have to give stats though, I don't mind not having bonuses. I'm just trying to find a compromise.

Dribble Joy
Exactly my point sickar.

It doesn't have to give stats though, I don't mind not having bonuses. I'm just trying to find a compromise.

I know, it would be cool to have stat giving rp items, but for balance and retaining absolute choice over apperance of them... ugh.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 17:42

what dont you guys understand about having the choice of either showing the armour on or not? if you like the stats but not the style then u got a chance to disable the appearance. and ive said that in my first post.

so far am just repeating what i said in the first post to many guys just because they either didnt read the post carfully or forgot what i posted

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 17:43
RP items should be seperate from combat items, so that you can wear/use both.

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 17:48
Of course.

@jail
I want to wear combat trousers and jacket, so I can look like a merc.
I have them in my clothing slots, I have my armour set to not shown, but it is still there.

I find a pink tutu with 'I like doing it with BD' writen on it. But it gives +5 dex and +15 PC. It goes in the clothing slot.

Which am I going to use?

Jailbird
01-05-04, 17:52
RP items should be seperate from combat items, so that you can wear/use both.

and thats what i exactly proposed at a previous post

here is what i think... you will be given enough slots for RP only items.. lets say 4-5 in a different window.. while in the Cloth window you will still have the chance to wear combat items.

Of course.

@jail
I want to wear combat trousers and jacket, so I can look like a merc.
I have them in my clothing slots, I have my armour set to not shown, but it is still there.

I find a pink tutu with 'I like doing it with BD' writen on it. But it gives +5 dex and +15 PC. It goes in the clothing slot.

Which am I going to use?

why do u like to make life harder :lol:

this would be a simple matter KK can deal with if they implement it.. and am sure if you have the enable/disable appearance option you can work through it...

I didnt fully understood what exactly your equiping and i dont wanna cause the first line is too confusing for me :p

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 17:55

this would be a simple matter KK can deal with if they implement it.. and am sure if you have the enable/disable appearance option you can work through it...

I didnt fully understood what exactly your equiping and i dont wanna cause the first line is too confusing for me :p

But I cannot wear the tutu (disabling the appearance) AND the combats.
That's what I am getting at.

Are you sugesting we have THREE sets of slots? Armour, RP and clothes?

Jailbird
01-05-04, 18:00
But I cannot wear the tutu (disabling the appearance) AND the combats.
That's what I am getting at.

Are you sugesting we have THREE sets of slots? Armour, RP and clothes?

dude, am so confused. I think constant studying for exams made my brain malfunction.

my idea is this way so that i dont confuse myself:

ROLE PLAY ITEMS
-Slot 1
-Slot 2
-Slot 3
-Slot 4

CLOTH
- Head ( enable/ disable)
-Upper Body ( enable/ disable)
-Lower Body ( enable/ disable)
- Legs ( enable/ disable)
- Accessories x 2 ( enable/ disable)

Armour
(the usual)

and please Dribble Joy dont ask any more "what if" questions :p

Kasumi
01-05-04, 18:02
dude, am so confused. I think constant studying for exams made my brain malfunction.

my idea is this way so that i dont confuse myself:

ROLE PLAY ITEMS
-Slot 1
-Slot 2
-Slot 3
-Slot 4

CLOTH
- Head
-Upper Body
-Lower Body
- Legs
- Rings x 2

Armour
(the usual)So you want 3 different windows for threee different things? I say no again.. Clothes should be for Roleplay not combat/tradeskills.. If you want clothes with stats they should HAVE to go in armor thing.. ^^

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 18:04
Right
sorted.

But, again, if there is a cloth or RP item that fits in a slot that is directly beneficial to you by the way of stat bonus, but will tkae place of a 'normal' item. It will allways be taken in place of it.

That was my point. Effectively what sickar said.
A pirate hat that looks cool or a dildo hat that gives +20 agl?

Jailbird
01-05-04, 18:07
So you want 3 different windows for threee different things? I say no again.. Clothes should be for Roleplay not combat/tradeskills.. If you want clothes with stats they should HAVE to go in armor thing.. ^^

I really like the idea of those Rare Cloths but i dont know of a way to make a character equip em and get the bonus stats without affecting your armour setup

having a different box for cloth and RP items separating them from armour was my only idea and am sure you didnt like it but I think its not bad and will introduce some fun to the game

Right
sorted.

But, again, if there is a cloth or RP item that fits in a slot that is directly beneficial to you by the way of stat bonus, but will tkae place of a 'normal' item. It will allways be taken in place of it.

That was my point. Effectively what sickar said.
A pirate hat that looks cool or a dildo hat that gives +20 agl?

k thats how it will work... if you want to wear the pirate hat (placed in the RP slot) but also want to have the +20 agi from the dildo hat (placed in the Cloth Head slot) then you will disable the appearance of the dildo hat and enable the appearance of the pirate hat and TADA ! :)

Kasumi
01-05-04, 18:09
I really like the idea of those Rare Cloths but i dont know of a way to make a character equip em and get the bonus stats without affecting your armour setup

having a different box for cloth and RP items separating them from armour was my only idea and am sure you didnt like it but I think its not bad and will introduce some fun to the gamePeople play Neocron as an FPS right now to much and not as an MMORPG.. This is why i dont agree with your idea.. It would ruin Roleplay further.. :(

I dont think I can think of any new ideas.. Exdcept new sets of clothes that it.. you cant really change it what clothes do.. Just how they look.. ^^ I dont think i am making sense.. ^^

Jailbird
01-05-04, 18:13
People play Neocron as an FPS right now to much and not as an MMORPG.. This is why i dont agree with your idea.. It would ruin Roleplay further.. :(

why dont you agree? people would still be able to buy ( from stores or whatever) RP equipment and wear them in addition of + stat equipment ( Cloth) and they have the choice for which to appear.

like if you like ur RP item appear on ur body but u still want ur Cloth on ur both for the stat then u can disable the appearance of the Cloth and Enable the appearance of the RP item so people will only see the RP item on you while they wont know that u are wearing " CONDOM OF GOD" that gives +1000 X ray.

Kasumi
01-05-04, 18:14
why dont you agree? people would still be able to buy ( from stores or whatever) RP equipment and wear them in addition of + stat equipment ( Cloth) and they have the choice for which to appear.

like if you like ur RP item appear on ur body but u still want ur Cloth on ur both for the stat then u can disable the appearance of the Cloth and Enable the appearance of the RP item so people will only see the RP item on you while they wont know that u are wearing " CONDOM OF GOD" that gives +1000 X ray.People WONT use the RP items.. Even with a different window.. This will take away from Roleplay.. There should be two windows CLoths and armor.. Adding a new window for Cloths with stats is really armor.. ^^

The reason i am looking forward to cloths is because they add to roleplay and Neocorn has very little RP things.. Giving stats Clothes and RP cloths will just cause trouble.. :/

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 18:15
Ik thats how it will work... if you want to wear the pirate hat (placed in the RP slot) but also want to have the +20 agi from the dildo hat (placed in the Cloth Head slot) then you will disable the appearance of the dildo hat and enable the appearance of the pirate hat and TADA ! :)
NO!!!

ARG!!!

Both hats can only go in the RP OR the clothes slot. So you are forced to make a choice.
That is what I have been going on about.

Besides if there is a poop hat that gives +50 POR, and I can place it in a different hat slot to my dildo hat. I will take both that really awefull looking ones and abaondon my totally cool pirate hat.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 18:18
NO!!!

ARG!!!

Both hats can only go in the RP OR the clothes slot. So you are forced to make a choice.
That is what I have been going on about.

Besides if there is a poop hat that gives +50 POR, and I can place it in a different hat slot to my dildo hat. I will take both that really awefull looking ones and abaondon my totally cool pirate hat.

I think am bad at explaining.

RP SLOTS - holds items that dont give stats bonus a.k.a RP items (enable/disable)

CLOTH SLOTS - any rare cloth that gives bonus stats can be equiped here (enable/disable)

more clearer now? :)

Kasumi
01-05-04, 18:19
I think am bad at explaining.

RP SLOTS - holds items that dont give stats bonus a.k.a RP items (enable/disable)

CLOTH SLOTS - any rare cloth that gives bonus stats can be equiped here (enable/disable)

more clearer now? :)
You understand this WOULD be ALOT of work for a 3D artist??

Jailbird
01-05-04, 18:23
You understand this WOULD be ALOT of work for a 3D artist??

what can i say :)

if they want NC to be a better game then why not do it.

Play AO.. 100 of different types of armours that appear on your body.. they were able to do it :)

maybe programing the system will be dificult.

and btw shall i say that you like it now? ;) cause i didnt see any " I HATE IT" message in ur last post

Kasumi
01-05-04, 18:25
what can i say :)

if they want NC to be a better game then why not do it.

Play AO.. 100 of different types of armours that appear on your body.. they were able to do it :)

maybe programing the system will be dificult.

and btw shall i say that you like it now? ;) cause i didnt see any " I HATE IT" message in ur last postif I said I hate your idea I am sorry.. ^^ I dont *hate* your idea.. I just disagree with it.. I gave my reason in a post on last page.. I also understand what your saying.. Lots!! but there is no reason for it.. Cloths I dont think should give attributes.. Do cloths you wear right now on you body give stats?? I dont want to wear a *nice top* and have another person wearing a *nice top* that gives +5 to research because it ruins MY roleplay experience.. Cloths should be for Roleplayers.. Not for tradeskillers or combat players.. Because thats all they would be used for.. Even with another window ^_^

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 18:25
I am all for and allways was for the implementation of clothes and rp items.

Fixing stats and bonuses to them however reaks of imbalance, not no mention rp reasons for those bonuses.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 18:30
if I said I hate your idea I am sorry.. ^^ I dont *hate* your idea.. I just disagree with it.. I gave my reason in a post on last page..

^^

i was just being sarcastic ;)

anyways, there is nothing against anybody hating some aspects of my idea. nobody is perfect so nobody can create the perfect idea that everybody would like but we all can attempt. by gathering different ideas from different people then we can have a perfect system that many would like though the problem here is that people are only pointing out weaknesses of my imperfect idea withough bothering to find a better solution to solve it or get around it

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 18:37
people are only pointing out weaknesses of my imperfect idea withough bothering to find a better solution to solve it or get around it
Problem being is that changing the way it works, means you end up with an idea that is nothing, or has tenuous links to the original.

Stat giving clothes seems a bit odd to start with, if only from a RP perspective. Why should a coat give + INT (rhetorical question)?

If they were to add bonuses I would restrict tham to the armour or 'stat' box.
Keep the clothe and RP items free of bonuses.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 18:42
Problem being is that changing the way it works, means you end up with an idea that is nothing, or has tenuous links to the original.

Stat giving clothes seems a bit odd to start with, if only from a RP perspective. Why should a coat give + INT (rhetorical question)?

If they were to add bonuses I would restrict tham to the armour or 'stat' box.
Keep the clothe and RP items free of bonuses.

well then, whats the point of replacing a lets say +150 xray armour ( SPY PA) with a +1 INT coat?

also, i was thinking of getting rid of the pluses to main skill and leave it only give bonus to sub skills so that it doesnt cost imbalance issues.

adding bonus would increase the fun and make people wanna have the luck to get one... thats my idea in the beggining :p

if your maxed, what mobs do u hunt and for what?

WBs or Fire mobs for rare parts.. and thats all.. then u end up with crappy parts.

thats why my idea will add fun into hunting mobs.. hunting wont be for rare parts only but for equipment that will make u a LITTLE bit powerfull ( not alot) and chance how ur stat steup would be making you a unique character with his one setup

Scikar
01-05-04, 18:49
All I have to say is, if clothing has to go in the armor slots like Kasumi suggests, yet gives no bonuses, it's almost never going to be used, and if it's done in separate slots, then assuming the considerably daunting task of making all of the models modular can be worked around, then that would work.

There should be some limitations though. You could wear a jacket under your armor, or over it, but you couldn't wear a t-shirt on top of your powerarmor. A pirate hat wouldn't fit under a battle helmet, but it could go over the top.

Also if the clothes are in separate slots they definitely should not have stat bonuses.

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 18:52
well then, whats the point of replacing a lets say +150 xray armour ( SPY PA) with a +1 INT coat?

Tradeskillers?

also, i was thinking of getting rid of the pluses to main skill and leave it only give bonus to sub skills so that it doesnt cost imbalance issues.
Dude, most of imbalances come from subskills.

adding bonus would increase the fun and make people wanna have the luck to get one... thats my idea in the beggining :p
if your maxed, what mobs do u hunt and for what?

WBs or Fire mobs for rare parts.. and thats all.. then u end up with crappy parts.

thats why my idea will add fun into hunting mobs.. hunting wont be for rare parts only but for equipment that will make u a LITTLE bit powerfull ( not alot) and chance how ur stat steup would be making you a unique character with his one setup
Unfortunately that LITTLE bit will result in everyone farming the same items, they will simply become items to have/need rather than their intendend purpose - looking good. The look will be the nice little bonus rather than the other way round.
Sad, but true.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 18:58
Unfortunately that LITTLE bit will result in everyone farming the same items, they will simply become items to have/need rather than their intendend purpose - looking good. The look will be the nice little bonus rather than the other way round.
Sad, but true.

there will still be items for LOOK only and they will be available at store or by doing missions that the RP fans will enjoy .Even the items that give bonuses will have a copy of them that doesnt give bonus and is for looks only and will be very easy to get.

also another idea that just struck me. how about making the 0 and +1 cloth rewarded to people that complete certain missions via the city come, allthough those missions should be more harder than killing 5 aggs or cyclops.

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 19:06
Even the items that give bonuses will have a copy of them that doesnt give bonus and is for looks only and will be very easy to get.
That would mean you would have to have stat versions of every single item of clothing, in all looks.
Otherwise, people will be forced to chose items that they do not want to look like, but cannot ignore the bonus.

Eg. Back to the dildo and poop hats.
Pirate hat lvl 0: no bonuses.

I am PE, and I want to wear a pirate hat.
But that pirate hat stat versions are INT/barter only, which I don't want.

The dildo hats give dex, but I don't want to wear a didlo hat. I will be walking around with a fake cock on my head.

You would need STR, PSI, INT and DEX versions of the dildo and the pirate hat, so that everyone can have the stats they want and look how they want.

Forget My Name
01-05-04, 19:07
I see what you mean, but I dont see any reason to add more +stat items.

In this game, making a charatcer is very simple... The higher a number is for something, it will always be better. In essence, your RP items are just "power gamers excuse to have a +something on top of exsisting armor". Neocron does NOT need anymore + anything for anyone. Neocorn is already a stat game as it is, and by adding these "powergamers items in disguise as RP items" just add to the singulairity which is neocrons 4 or os viable possible builds.

Wether we can see your new power gamers' items or not wll not change the fact that everyone will go for a +10 str item ( which ever one it may be) THEN disabling it so no one knows for sure what you have.

Not only do you introduce "rp" items, but you introduce RP items which are just an exra implant slot. Why would I go around showing everyone I wear a cloak+ 5 strength when I can make it invisible? You just gave players 4 more slots for implants ( + to stats that now one can see)

Just give my Cloth that give no stats and let me look differnet, cool, RPish.

I say no to extra implant slots.

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 19:12
Hehe, I wish I had tha balls to say things like that.

I'm just too nice.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 19:21
That would mean you would have to have stat versions of every single item of clothing, in all looks.
Otherwise, people will be forced to chose items that they do not want to look like, but cannot ignore the bonus.

Eg. Back to the dildo and poop hats.
Pirate hat lvl 0: no bonuses.

I am PE, and I want to wear a pirate hat.
But that pirate hat stat versions are INT/barter only, which I don't want.

The dildo hats give dex, but I don't want to wear a didlo hat. I will be walking around with a fake cock on my head.

You would need STR, PSI, INT and DEX versions of the dildo and the pirate hat, so that everyone can have the stats they want and look how they want.

i know thats confusing but am trying my best to explain as good as i can.

and ive said that in previous posts but i think i dont tottaly get it.

as i said.. u got 4 RP ITEMS slots ( 1, 2, 3 , 4) and a couple of Cloth slots.
so thats what you do if u want to waer a +0 pirate hat ( +0 gives no stats and goes in RP items) and still get the +5 Dex from the dildo thingy ( dildo gives stat so it goes through stats).
-=====================================================-

RP ITEMS:
Slot 1 PIRATE HAT ( enabled Appearance)
Slot 2
Slot 3
Slot 4

CLOTH:
Head DILDO HAT ( Disabled appearance)

maybe now u wanna also wear some "sexy pants" + 0 ( thats an RP item FYI) for appearance but u got a cool "Dinasour ass pants" ( a stat Cloth) that looks shit but gives you +10 STR ( examples dont take em seriously kids)

so thats what you do:

RP ITEMS:
Slot 2 SEXY PANTS ( enabled APpearance)
Slot 3
Slot 4

CLOTH:
Lower Body DINASOUR ASS PANTS ( Disabled appearance)

-=======================================================-

now you got the look of the sexy pants and also the stats of the dinasour ass pants plus nobody can see the dinasour pants on you. so ur sexy now
;)

now you wanna wear " boob armour" that gives +20 xray/energy/fire resist but ur male and u think ull get laughed at.

thats what you do:

RP ITEMS:
Slot 2 SEXY PANTS ( enabled APpearance)
Slot 3
Slot 4

CLOTH:
Lower Body DINASOUR ASS PANTS ( Disabled appearance)
Upper Body BOOBS ARMOUR ( Disabled Appearance)

now ull uper body would look normal like the usual one u have ( without a PA, also PA will have an option some how)

-=======================================================-

Thats the best way i can explain it.. if u said u dont understand ill KILL YOU !! ;)

Forget My Name
01-05-04, 19:23
So... I now have 4 extra implant slots?

FBI
01-05-04, 19:37
Hello,
....I named those equipments "Cloth" (so that you don’t mix up between it and the armor) would be dropped by various monsters and will be very hard to get. Chances of a monster dropping one varies between 0.01% for easy drops and 0.001% for rare drops.

Cloth will give you bonuses to various skills such as DEX, INT, PSI, STR, CON and also to sub skills such as HC, MC, Research, Construct etc, but the bonuses will be not be very high ( so that it doesn’t cause any in balancing issues). Highest a bonus will be in a skill might be +2 and on a sub skill might be +5. the higher the bonus a cloth gives the more rare it gets. there are no race restriction or level restriction to wearing them. This will encourage many people to try to collect all of them for their lowbie character to level him faster.

About time someone thought about copying Project Entropia's cloth dropping
from monster feature and getting it into neocron!

Seriously though, I never thought about it... It's a great idea, project entropias
system for dropping rare trench coats and so on works great, it's the second
best thing from getting those rare guns that sell for alot of real life $$$..

But, I have my own suggestions, from one veteran to another.

First off, to the dude who mentioned the monster should glow red and be
ultra hard cause it holds the cloth, that's a damn <insert profanity> idea, we
don't want to know which monsters have the cloth, it ruins the great surprise
factor in loots. For example, if I killed a grim chaser and got this phat cloth I'd
be saying to my self "HOLY F*CKING SHIT, I GOT IT... ATLAST!!!!, my...
precious..." :)

We don't need the Larent hoverbot style game play comming back either, so
let's keep the mobs the way they are and just put it in the loot with the loot
probability factoring it. Plus, this don't mean much but next retail patch will
give monsters specific armor according to their attack type. Grims will have
great fire protection, cyborgs will have great xray protection etc.

Now.... As for the cloth haveing unique stats to give thousands of different
setups... I dig this, some of you say we don't need anything else adding stats,
I say to hell with you guys... We need anything to make one person unique
from the other, whether visually or combatantly... It doesn't mean a certain
class would be better than his fellow class identicals with the same weapon
and stats, it means a ..say PE could use a cannon better... or a tank for pistoling.

Which brings me to my suggestion. I made a thread on which brainport ideas
are the best recently and the majority of you all chose "Clothes, uniqueness etc"
more than anything else, more than the famous jetpack idea, the slotted armor
etc..

Anyway, In that thread I listed Dynamic Implants as my idea. It didn't get much
votes because people wern't aware of it's implications. This idea of cloths
system would benefit from it. Now... maybe just maybe, if KK were to impliment
a cloth system, they could make the stats Random... yes random. It could
give a +STR... maybe a +INT... maybe both...maybe +5 agl, or perhaps a +ppu
or both..

Some will be useless to one, to others very beneficial to a custom setup. It
will make the sought after ones very hard to find... because the stats you
want won't always come out the way you need it... It will work it self out
in this way, at the same time allowing people to create their own setup making
certain cloth more sought after than others.

Of course with random stats would come a random visual and name. This could
be the tricky part to work out, it could however be a fixed visual with a random
name or vice versa.. etc whatever...

But, this would make thousands of unique setups turn into a hundred thousand
unique setups.. or something like that :P

Anyway, just something to think about.. I probably got carried away :)

Cloth System = Great idea... It works in PE, it will work in NC just as well just
as PE has taken NC's PVP (or is attempting it anyway...) :P

Hopefully, KK will consider this idea. I think the rest of you agree.. Keep Voting!

5 stars.

Parad0x -FBI

Dribble Joy
01-05-04, 19:40
I am all for clothing/RP items.

Adding clothes that give bonuses but you don't even see.. seems pointless.
If they are 'balanced' across the board with bonuses for all classes, then what is the point in them, everyone is still at the same level.

Before you start giving me your 'why don't you agree with me' stuff, it's because.... I don't agree. The system you propose essentially has no end to it other than mob farming for stat items that will not actually do anything to the classes other than make them equally better. So other than the RP visual items, which are coming with DoY anyway, there is little point to it.

I would rather see items and tools that do things rather than simple stat bonuses.
But not in the clothes slots.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 19:49
Before you start giving me your 'why don't you agree with me' stuff, it's because.... I don't agree. The system you propose essentially has no end to it other than mob farming for stat items that will not actually do anything to the classes other than make them equally better. So other than the RP visual items, which are coming with DoY anyway, there is little point to it.

the mob farming was only an IDEA that i came up with.. I didnt know another way to introduced such amount of rare items into the game without increasing the rare pool or adding up hundreds of boring epics.

and I think that this system is by far the best. and you know why? cause nobody bothered of thinking of a better system that would own mine.

naimex
01-05-04, 20:17
interesting idea.

5 stars...

Jailbird
01-05-04, 20:42
irst off, to the dude who mentioned the monster should glow red and be
ultra hard cause it holds the cloth, that's a damn <insert profanity> idea

well, that was my idea too :)

the reason is everybody hated the kill 1000 certain mob to have a high chance in getting a loot so i suggested the idea about the tough monster glowing red. and i guess it sucks.

thats why the kill certain amount of mobs for a rare cloth is the best so far.

============================================
btw, so far ive been adding ideas over idea and the chance anybody would read them is low because they are in the middle of 10s of posts people scroll through. and i cant edit my first post ( dont know why). should i start a new thread or something or do u think its allright so far?
============================================

Forget My Name
01-05-04, 21:07
NOt everyone wants to add a "change" to your idea because not everyone likes it in the first place. It is simple as saying no.

@FBI - You are right, we should add uniqueness to the game, but having 15 Private Eyes with +19 to dex is no different than 15 Private eyes with +27 dex.

You just "raised" the limit that stats will go, and we all know this game is built on numbers, the higher you go, the better.

Because of this, I dont see why we need +27 dex when we ( you guys ) are having fun with +19 dex. In the end, the only thing this iea brings is a hgher number floating somewhere in your Skills Window.

___How it is now____

PE +19 dex
PE +19 dex
PE +19 dex
PE +19 dex

___How it is according to this system____

( All +stat RP items are disabled, all you see is the regular RP items )

PE +27 dex fuzzy hat ( +4 dex glasses +4 dex belt )
PE +27 dex brown shoes ( +4 dex belt +4dex glasses )
PE +27 dex Green clown nose ( +dex hat +4 dex condom )
PE +27 dex Dildo hat ( +4dex kickmesign +4dex belt )

All you got under his system is a SNEAKY way of just giveing players more "implant slots" for higher stats?

What players should be striving to kick into KK's brain is to ADD ROLEPLAYING into the game that has NOTHING to do with powergaming.

Jailbird
01-05-04, 21:13
___How it is according to this system____

( All +stat RP items are disabled, all you see is the regular RP items )

PE +27 dex fuzzy hat ( +4 dex glasses +4 dex belt )
PE +27 dex brown shoes ( +4 dex belt +4dex glasses )
PE +27 dex Green clown nose ( +dex hat +4 dex condom )
PE +27 dex Dildo hat ( +4dex kickmesign +4dex belt )

+4 dex per rare cloth is very high.. highest i thought of was +2.. and mostly +1 I even thought of making rare cloths not give an main skill bonus so that i doesnt cause imbalance like PEs using SH and bla bla without drugs and shit.

but +4 will cause imbalance issues espacially that every lvl/race can equip them.

What players should be striving to kick into KK's brain is to ADD ROLEPLAYING into the game that has NOTHING to do with powergaming.

am not a Powergamer Mr Critic :lol:

this is an idea to include fun into hunting and bonus sub skill stats to make u a LITTLE bit better as a reward for ur hard time into hunting or maybe ur luck.

plus, for the 10th fucking time. there will be RP ONLY equipment that doesnt have to do anything with stats related equipment

amfest
01-05-04, 22:36
hmm i'll have to throw my 2 cents in . okay well maybe 1 cent . .but I think the stat adding clothing should look ugly . . . very ugly. You should also not be able to turn it off. And if there was a 2nd clothing slot for RP items (which i'll have to say I don't totally agree with) The ugly stat armor will over ride the look. It'll have to be a choice of looking cool for no bonus or looking stupid for a bonus. Personally I think there should be only 1 clothing slot menu though.

Also i'm thinking stat armor should be 1 out of a million or more so power gamers can farm all they want . . the chances will be slim.

But I do understand the other argument . . . clothing should really be for making your character look different with a unique look. If you flop stats on it everyone will just go for stats and not look. We could use current Neocron examples. Maybe I like the look of my spy character. I like the pants and shirt i chose. I adjusted the color to something I like. But maybe I don't particular like the powerarmor but I need it cause it gives stats I can use. So I have to end up looking like everyone else.

argggh this is hurting my head . . .I don't know maybe no stats will be better for clothing in the end. I could go for random armor, implant stats though :p

Scikar
01-05-04, 22:53
There already is a look ugly for bonus look cool for nothing. It's PE PA, though if you opt to look cool you can still wear titan armor and use Lib/PE. If there was no armor at all except the PA everybody would wear the lobster suit.

Forget My Name
02-05-04, 00:53
You obviously missed my point. You mean well, but the other 95% of the community wil just abuse your simle and plesent system just like I showed.

Numbers are numbers cool guy. WHo cares if I said +4 dex or +300, it was an example. And in my example, it shows how your average gamer would use your sysytem, as just more implant slots.

As long as you can try to add the RP in mmofpsrpg, then I will support your idea, but your idea has one major drawback... +stats, and that only add to the FPS of mmofpsrpg. And this game doesnt need anymore FPS in it, it need more RP.

By making someone's gun do +10 damage per burt, how is that adding to the rp?

This is all a moot point really, since the game engine cant suport armor visuals like you suggest. Only skins.

Forget My Name
02-05-04, 00:55
plus, for the 10th fucking time. there will be RP ONLY equipment that doesnt have to do anything with stats related equipment

And that is all we need. No more + stat items. Balance out certain builds and classes before adding to the imbalance.

FBI
02-05-04, 01:25
+4 dex per rare cloth is very high.. highest i thought of was +2.. and mostly +1 I even thought of making rare cloths not give an main skill bonus so that i doesnt cause imbalance like PEs using SH and bla bla without drugs and shit.

but +4 will cause imbalance issues espacially that every lvl/race can equip them.

am not a Powergamer Mr Critic :lol:

this is an idea to include fun into hunting and bonus sub skill stats to make u a LITTLE bit better as a reward for ur hard time into hunting or maybe ur luck.

Well this isn't true according to my suggested idea. The stats should be random
when dropped in loot. A chip could have +3 PSI, +5 END or any combination
you can think of for any possible stat. It wouldn't be a bunch of different
spys with +29 dex, it would be a bunch of different spys with different +attributes.

With my idea you don't get the same cloth twice, to get the same one would
be rarer than getting a Strange Book for the terminator epic... ^__^

Parad0x -FBI

naimex
02-05-04, 01:28
I would love for this to come in...

with or without bonuses..

*gets ready to put on hawai shorts, and tank shirt*

*polishes surfboard* . : ( East Coast Waves, here I come ) : .

Jailbird
02-05-04, 08:54
Well this isn't true according to my suggested idea. The stats should be random
when dropped in loot. A chip could have +3 PSI, +5 END or any combination
you can think of for any possible stat. It wouldn't be a bunch of different
spys with +29 dex, it would be a bunch of different spys with different +attributes.

With my idea you don't get the same cloth twice, to get the same one would
be rarer than getting a Strange Book for the terminator epic... ^__^

Parad0x -FBI

ya but then there should be some limitation, like an Einstine Glasses should never drop as +1 str or +1 psi etc..

this idea to stop people from looking the same is good.

maybe mobs drop a 2 slot non moded rare cloth and you mod it with what you want..

like make +1 str / + 1 dex rare drops cloth mods from mobs that you can choose from to get your armour stats what you like.

Clownst0pper
02-05-04, 15:33
I have no doubt that KK intend for this to be used, im sure theyve already thought of it, perhaps not the bonus's, but the ability to wear clothes + armour, external, 3d clothes should I say.

Otherwise it just defeats the point of all the personal items there adding :)