PDA

View Full Version : Please separate UG security A.S.A.P.

Samhain
30-04-04, 13:29
Right now we have this one TG guy who keeps PKing his own faction (us) inside the UG of Cycrow. Now, to keep him out we need to set the GR to clan. Meaning we get 500 messages a day of people asking to open the GR. If we leave it open, he comes in and kills our researchers, because he can just stealth past the turrets (if set to attack not clan) and even if we put a stunner inside the UG (wasting one of our security slots, mind you) when you zone through the amount of time it takes for the turrets to 'kick in' allows him to run right through the area of effect of the stunner. It would be nice to be able to keep the GR open, but lock the UG. Since the next patch going in to the TS is all super-duper whatever, it would be nice if this feature was in by the time that patch hit retail...

winnoc
30-04-04, 13:36
We had the same problem at gabanium ug a couple months ago with [ edited ]
He was sniping friendlies there all the time.
I think it's lame to go friendly faction or same faction just to be able to pk some weak tradeskiller at an op.

Scanner Darkly
30-04-04, 13:38
A really good idea I think and yeah that guy is annoying :rolleyes:

Samhain
30-04-04, 13:44
And while you're at it, any characters logged in out the underground of an OP that changes ownership, should be ejected to the outside entrance of the UG the next time they log in, the same way you are warped outside of someone's apartment when you log out and back in. A certain clan was famous for having a few people logged in the UG, and if they lost the op, they'd wait, and then attack it after, and when everyone was GRing to the UG unbuffed and gathering at the exit, they'd have a few tanks/apus tear the shit out of people. When you think about it, if an OP was taken over, the people inside the UG would be slaughtered... moving them to the outside of the UG is a fair compromise to balance real op fights with ninjahacks..

Freya
30-04-04, 13:45
lets not mention names

winnoc
30-04-04, 13:54
I think when you log off inside a UG and the op is taken, your next login should have you appear in your appartement. Same as you trying to GR to a closed gr when you're dead.

We had a ppu logging off inside the ug after the op was taken (simmons last week) we killed him as he was logging off, then a tank comes down and kills one of our pe's and decides to log off, lauging cuz he thought he would log on later with the ppu rezzing him..... NOT :-)

extract
30-04-04, 14:05
yea thats a lame situation, some people will take advantage of every situation they can.....

especially the same faction supposed carebear killers, who themselves only pk in warzones......they are so hardcore they kill no combat skilled tradeskillers and are afraid to take a SL hit

"go on wit yo big ass"

IceHawk2684
30-04-04, 19:52
ROFL dude thats the oldest trick! me n my crahn clan on saturn have a full battery of FA alts we are lvling ot PK at TH non stop. heheh...

I don't know why people get pissed... it only really works in a warzone.. anywhere else u can only get ganked like 2 or 3 times before the person is red.

Plus if u notice the politics on saturn are so funny... Seems like reds are ur friends and greens are ur enemies. So in turn it kinda is warranted.. i wish u could allie with certain hostile clans and they show as green to your clan. I would personally love that one cuz my clan is allied to every red except FA and is hostile to maybe 1 or 2 greens.

So yeah we are evil faction PKers. rawr! run away! EIP!

Andronicus
30-04-04, 21:06
I would go even farther with the UG/GR controls than it is already. IceHawk2684 is right when he mentions that Saturns politics/alliances are messed up. For instance, as TG our two Allies are direct enemies of each other. As such the situation has happened where we are now at war with one particular allied clan - but if the UG/GR settings are changed to not allow that clan to enter the it also has the same effect for the clan/faction that we don’t mind using our UG.

Perhaps this is getting to complicated to actually implement - but yeah separating the UG control and the GR control would be a start.

Kal
01-05-04, 02:06
I think when you log off inside a UG and the op is taken, your next login should have you appear in your appartement. Same as you trying to GR to a closed gr when you're dead.

that would suck being sent to your app is annoying

Scikar
01-05-04, 02:46
I think it's a good idea. Simple way to avoid being kicked to apt is to not log off in the underground.

Kal
01-05-04, 02:56
i liked the old UG rules

tomparadox
01-05-04, 03:03
Plus if u notice the politics on saturn are so funny... Seems like reds are ur friends and greens are ur enemies. So in turn it kinda is warranted.. i wish u could allie with certain hostile clans and they show as green to your clan. I would personally love that one cuz my clan is allied to every red except FA and is hostile to maybe 1 or 2 greens.

yea, but thats diferent, the FA are your enmy so you have alts to kill them in there city without geting killed yourself or in OP or something like that. but to go and kill a researcher with no weapon or aything jest standing there help less IMO is a pathetic atempt at covering that you suck at pvp because he cant fight anything else or he'll get killed.

yea that should be changed.

Benjie
01-05-04, 03:08
While we are on the subject of Gene Replicator Settings, I think that clans should be payed much more for leaving there Gene Replicators on GR ALL.

It's not as if it's compulsary, although it might ease out the situation with particular popular leveling spots.

StryfeX
01-05-04, 03:19
Saturn politics ARE fucked at the moment, but having morons like IceHawk make characters in FA to kill FA just aggrevates the situation.

IMO, the whole security system of OPs needs to be revamped. There needs to be 3 separate controls, one for the GR, one for the UG, and one for Turrets.

In each control, there needs to be a full list of factions, and each one needs to be able to be set to either Enable or Disable said faction from being able to GR in, etc. In addition, there should also be a Clan Blacklist, a Runner Blacklist, a Clan Whitelist, and a Runner Whitelist.

The Clan and Runner Blacklists would list all Clans/Runners who aren't allowed to GR or enter the UG, and get shot on sight by turrets. The whitelists would list all Clans/Runners who will never get shot by turrets, etc.

The security settings should be per OP, but the Whitelists/Blacklists should be global, in that they apply to all OPs the clan owns.

--Stryfe

tomparadox
01-05-04, 03:40
Saturn politics ARE fucked at the moment, but having morons like IceHawk make characters in FA to kill FA just aggrevates the situation.

IMO, the whole security system of OPs needs to be revamped. There needs to be 3 separate controls, one for the GR, one for the UG, and one for Turrets.

In each control, there needs to be a full list of factions, and each one needs to be able to be set to either Enable or Disable said faction from being able to GR in, etc. In addition, there should also be a Clan Blacklist, a Runner Blacklist, a Clan Whitelist, and a Runner Whitelist.

The Clan and Runner Blacklists would list all Clans/Runners who aren't allowed to GR or enter the UG, and get shot on sight by turrets. The whitelists would list all Clans/Runners who will never get shot by turrets, etc.

The security settings should be per OP, but the Whitelists/Blacklists should be global, in that they apply to all OPs the clan owns.

--Stryfe

that sounds good.

trigger hurt
01-05-04, 05:04
And while you're at it, any characters logged in out the underground of an OP that changes ownership, should be ejected to the outside entrance of the UG the next time they log in, the same way you are warped outside of someone's apartment when you log out and back in. A certain clan was famous for having a few people logged in the UG, and if they lost the op, they'd wait, and then attack it after, and when everyone was GRing to the UG unbuffed and gathering at the exit, they'd have a few tanks/apus tear the shit out of people. When you think about it, if an OP was taken over, the people inside the UG would be slaughtered... moving them to the outside of the UG is a fair compromise to balance real op fights with ninjahacks..
not true...

Said clan never logged out a few chars in the UG...the people who had the op at the time (happened about 6 times) left the security to genrep all which allows anyone to go into the UG.

StryfeX
01-05-04, 16:54
not true...

Said clan never logged out a few chars in the UG...the people who had the op at the time (happened about 6 times) left the security to genrep all which allows anyone to go into the UG.I think that's his point. You have to set the security more restrictive than what you want just to keep asshats out.

I think my idea above would solve that issue, as you get 3 controls, and can blacklist anyone who's being a bastard and trying to PK friendlies.

--Stryfe

Forget My Name
01-05-04, 17:01
Set it to clan only. Ignore the 500 people who want a free ride.

Clan security take precidence to making strangers happy. Always. And if the people needing the GR are friendly, then they should 100% understand why you can't let it go past Clan Security, andif they don't understand, well guess what, they aren't friendly, just selfish and greedy.

StryfeX
01-05-04, 18:32
Set it to clan only. Ignore the 500 people who want a free ride.

Clan security take precidence to making strangers happy. Always. And if the people needing the GR are friendly, then they should 100% understand why you can't let it go past Clan Security, andif they don't understand, well guess what, they aren't friendly, just selfish and greedy.Clan security is broken. You set it to clan, and you just set it to "All".

--Stryfe

Forget My Name
01-05-04, 19:09
Broken as it doesnt work?