PDA

View Full Version : {Population Report}

HellBreaker
30-04-04, 13:17
I got bored so i started keeping an eye on the population.
I know the population varis day to day but come on!! look at it this morning (3rd picture)

Anyway The first picture is the population on 27/4/2004
The Second picture is the population on 29/4/2004
and the third is the population of this moring 30/4/04 coz i thought it was soo shocking lol

At the rate the population is going , they're be nearly noone playing when DOY is DUE to come out....

winnoc
30-04-04, 13:25
You should take the pictures on the same time of the day.
What i see here is the difference on the same day between picture 1: 8pm GMT, picture 2 5pm GMT and picture 3 9am GMT.

People see a couple of forumsposts and go all into the hype.
Take a picture tonight at 9pm GMT and post it for us ok?

___T-X____
30-04-04, 13:26
Yea, I leveled a Spy to cap on Pluto, and now theres no-one to RP with. So im probably going to cancel my account in the next week or so.

Im not doing the same leveling on Saturn.

ezza
30-04-04, 14:16
ya at least take the shots at the same time each day, taking one at a umm peak time and then taking one when everyone is in work/school/whatever isnt gonna show anything

Strych9
30-04-04, 14:50
I was playing Wednesday at some point in the afternoon, and the servers had a total of 1250 people playing. I wrote down the numbers at home, but no screenie. Will post them when I get off work today.

Both Sat and Jup had 350+. But the total for all servers was 1250 or so.

SynC_187
30-04-04, 16:04
I don't think 3 days is conclusive proof of anything, other than the population does vary.

Promethius
30-04-04, 16:08
You should take the pictures on the same time of the day.
What i see here is the difference on the same day between picture 1: 8pm GMT, picture 2 5pm GMT and picture 3 9am GMT.

People see a couple of forumsposts and go all into the hype.
Take a picture tonight at 9pm GMT and post it for us ok?

At certain times of the day the populations drop drastically (people NEED sleep.). Then in a few hours they climb up again.

Your pics prove little atm. Just take a pic at the same time of day and then post again.

-Prom

DonnyJepp
30-04-04, 16:10
just push the statistics button in launcher pro and look at the week by week chart.

extract
30-04-04, 16:24
So im probably going to cancel my account in the next week or so.

lol

canceling your account cause population is low for a few hours a day? I logged on to pluto last night and plaza 2 was packed, your pics prove little to nothing....

but yea go ahead and quit.....

HellBreaker
30-04-04, 19:10
The first 2 are at the same time of day (i did think of that you know - about 7 -8ish pm GMT)

The 3rd one is of this morning because it was just soooooo damn low

HellBreaker
30-04-04, 19:12
just push the statistics button in launcher pro and look at the week by week chart.
oooo didn't see that must have a look - thanks for the info:)

Marx
30-04-04, 19:39
Well, since e3 is coming up - and there's the strong chance NC will be showcased there... I would imagine an increased population in several weeks.

It won't be alot - but I've no doubt that there will be quite a few interested people taking a gander at what the game is like now.

Scikar
30-04-04, 19:44
The only thing that really shows the population would be taking a count on the same day every week, not just the same time each day. It would show a definite drop but I think saying there will be nobody left by DoY is exaggerating a little.

EDIT: Didn't notice the post about NLPro. I don't use it myself, can anyone post the server stats?

Marx
30-04-04, 19:48
EDIT: Didn't notice the post about NLPro. I don't use it myself, can anyone post the server stats?
http://dirtynuke.net/images/pops.JPG

Scikar
30-04-04, 20:15
That's a graph of NLPro users, as opposed to total, right?

Marx
30-04-04, 20:19
That's a graph of NLPro users, as opposed to total, right?
Beleive its average total. Could be mistaken.

n3m
30-04-04, 22:11
I think its only nlpro users
jupiter and saturn alone already have 700 ish players, that graph barely comes above the 700 line

icarium
30-04-04, 22:17
lol

canceling your account cause population is low for a few hours a day? I logged on to pluto last night and plaza 2 was packed, your pics prove little to nothing....

but yea go ahead and quit.....

probably because the entire server population was stood around bored out of their minds in plaza 2 tbh

rob444
30-04-04, 23:58
Even saturn is empty, it seems anyway. I stood in plaza 1 and took a pic of it, so here it is:

Saturn plaza 1 - medicare (http://212.247.45.149/saturn.jpg)
Kinda empty, used to be alot of people here but lately it has been depressing empty. This was taken at 2004-04-30 23:36 GMT +1. At this time it used to be alot of people.

Either everyone is in plaza 2 or everyone has went to anti-city factions.

Anyway, 10 min after the screenshot some tangent auctioned a sexing tank which attracted some interesting people.

Jest
01-05-04, 00:20
rofl. Rob please dont tell me you have your graphics settings that low for other players all the time. :(

Nash_Brigham
01-05-04, 00:39
Even saturn is empty, it seems anyway. I stood in plaza 1 and took a pic of it, so here it is:

Saturn plaza 1 - medicare (http://212.247.45.149/saturn.jpg)
Kinda empty, used to be alot of people here but lately it has been depressing empty. This was taken at 2004-04-30 23:36 GMT +1. At this time it used to be alot of people.

Either everyone is in plaza 2 or everyone has went to anti-city factions.

Anyway, 10 min after the screenshot some tangent auctioned a sexing tank which attracted some interesting people.
Knowing Saturn, most everyone was other places, and plaza 1 isn't the hang out spot, since majority og TG like to hangout (aka bank sit) in plaza 2. Also, the time you took that, after midnight, well, no wonder it was empty.

rob444
01-05-04, 00:45
It was before midnight and it's more ppl at that time than on days. And yes, I play on lowest settings as the fps sucks.

Nash_Brigham
01-05-04, 00:48
It was before midnight and it's more ppl at that time than on days. And yes, I play on lowest settings as the fps sucks.
I live in GMT -6 (that's central daylight time in north america) and logging in just before midnight (GMT or after) there is no one on Saturn, and plaza 1 is always a ghost town at about that time. As for your graphic setting, if your FPS sucks, can't help you, but mine never dips below 50.

Kal
01-05-04, 01:45
ok we have established that the playerbase is low atm