PDA

View Full Version : Bored, how about some SNES Shadowrun?

KeithMyath
30-04-04, 09:11
Try it out, some wicked stuff

ROM: http://www.romnation.net/index.php/roms/snes/s/ (http://www.romnation.net/index.php/roms/snes/s/)

Emulator: http://www.romnation.net/index.php/emulators/id/1/ (http://www.romnation.net/index.php/emulators/id/1/)

Napalm82
30-04-04, 09:20
Wow, that brings back memories.
I havent played that game for years and its still funny as hell.

- Napalm

Aziraphale
30-04-04, 09:32
I loooove that game :D
The MegaDrive one is pretty cool too :)

KeithMyath
30-04-04, 09:34
5 different languages!

Ultazha
30-04-04, 10:26
Wonderful Game :D

]v[ortice
30-04-04, 11:26
Possibly one of the all time greats.

I'll be sure to download them when i get home :)

Rade
30-04-04, 12:11
get the megadrive/genesis version. ploughed through it in a day or two a few months back, its brilliant.

]v[ortice
30-04-04, 12:58
Rade...

Why is the Megadrive version better?

johngreen2000
30-04-04, 15:12
Mortice..I dont know about Megadriver(never even heard of it) but the gensis version is completely diffrent from the SNES version. Nothing is the same except the fact that they are both cyber punk rpg. Oh and anyone playing the Genesis version..when the opening scene started press ABBACAB on the controller and you get to cheat :)

Shadow Dancer
30-04-04, 16:13
Genesis version is indescribable. Is that a word? It's one of the best games ever. Snes and Genesis both have their perks.

IMO genesis went alot more indepth with the skills, especially hacking. I really did feel like a shadowrunner. It was so much fun, buying contacts and calling gang leaders to join. :p

Snes had a better gfx and storyline.

They both have their +s and -s. I wish there was a sequel. :(

Kasumi
30-04-04, 16:29
hehe The Sega MegaDrive.. was a *failure* like the DreamCast and Nintendo 64 so I would never bother with any games on MegaDrive.. Actually I dont think the Dreamcast failed except in the western parts of the world.. ^_^ I would try the game but it for Super Famicom/Super Nintendo and emulator makes graphics lots worse.. :(

Opar
30-04-04, 17:06
MegaDrives are too leet for words dudes :p

*remember Sonic teh Hedghog*

Good times, good times :)

Gestra
30-04-04, 17:38
Mega drive > than snes.

Sonic > than all.

Its an axiom really.

Nothing beats hearing the sonic theme tune for the first time on a megadrive.

Kasumi
30-04-04, 17:40
Mega drive > than snes.

Sonic > than all.

Its an axiom really.

Nothing beats hearing the sonic theme tune for the first time on a megadrive.Ewww Sonic! :P *looks at her cute little sonic plushie* ^-^

Opar
30-04-04, 18:41
Ewww Sonic! :P *looks at her cute little sonic plushie* ^-^

I have a Sonic, Knuckles, and that fox plushies :p

greendonkeyuk
30-04-04, 21:10
bye bye nc, for tonight at least im gonna be jake armitage. :)

Doc Holliday
30-04-04, 21:28
SEX0r

suler
30-04-04, 23:42
The megadrive wasn't a failure at all, it was every system sega made after it that failed. The dreamcast also would of been a great system but it didn't have support due to every system inbetween megadrive and dreamcast.

Uh anyways like everybody said already the megadrive version is way better in my opinion. I kind of liked the snes one but I didn't really like the view perspective or the leveling up. The megadrive one stays more true to the original pen and paper system and the story and matrix running rules.

Judge
01-05-04, 00:18
Megadrive was in no way a failure kasumi....

N64, was slightly more of a failure compared to the PS. But it always had its hardcore fan base who loved it like a child.

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 00:39
Even if a system was a "failure" doesn't mean it didn't have good games.

Can anyone honestly say Perfect Dark or Zelda 64(not lame Majora's Mask :rolleyes: ) were failures?

Kal
01-05-04, 01:48
megadrive was and is the best console ever and fuck you shadow majoras mask was well beter than shitty dungion crawl occarina of time

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 02:27
megadrive was and is the best console ever and fuck you shadow majoras mask was well beter than shitty dungion crawl occarina of time

Are you serious? MM's story was a load of horse poop. :p

Also going back every 3 days got tedius after a whil.e The only cool thing was the whole mask system.

Anyways, it just didn't have OFT's magic.

Kal
01-05-04, 02:30
kid link part of OOC was good, adult part was good for tem mins. rest was more of the same dungion crawling drawl.

MM was the most original game ever, good enough story, awesome system, real feeling involving world, great gameplay, some of the best minigames ever.

the 3 day thing could be annoying at times but the pros and the extra immersiveness far outweighed the cons

a half decent last boss without the fierce deity mask too

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 02:31
You ever played Quest 64? :p

Kal
01-05-04, 02:32
and i agree perfect dark was and is the best game on any platform ever to be made and anyone who hasnt played it is a complete loser

Kal
01-05-04, 02:33
You ever played Quest 64? :p

whaaaa??

i played the master quest tho on the wind waker bonus disk.

wind waker is amazing in the first half but after during and after the finding 8 triforce maps and parts section it is shit

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 02:35
I never played wind whacker, I can't stand the stupid kiddie graphics.

Technically the type of gfx is not kiddie, it's the stupid character design and facial animations. It's the first game ever that I rejected due to graphics.

Anyways, you ever played Hybrid Heaven? <---------------Worst game ever

Kal
01-05-04, 02:37
the graphing are actually cool, and the facial expressions are hilarious.

hybrid heaven?

that NC before the hybrid nerf?

also have you played metroid prime, the onlygame yet to rival PD imo

Benjie
01-05-04, 03:13
and i agree perfect dark was and is the best game on any platform ever to be made and anyone who hasnt played it is a complete loser

Lol, I havn't played Perfect Dark. :rolleyes:

But have you played Fallout 1&2 + Dungeon Master & Chaos Striker Back?

I doubt it would be better than any of those games. Always been a Computer > Console person.

Seriously though, is Perfect Dark as good as System Shock 2 & Elder Scrolls 2? If it is then I might get it.

By the way, Metroid Prime, in my opinion, is Pretty damn Good. (Note: Lack of extreme enpheusiasm.)

Kal
01-05-04, 03:19
played fallout 2 but didnt really get that into it.

i will say this again perfect dark is was 5 years ahead of its time that gives it another 2 years of still being the best game ever or something.

suler
01-05-04, 03:20
Also speaking of megadrive did anybody play any of the shining forces or phantasy stars? Both of those rpg series were really good but it seems like barely anybody has played them.

Kal
01-05-04, 03:23
i prefered the megadrives selection of platform games, especially the sonic games and the micromachine series, still the best racing games ever imo and the only ones i ever enjoyed, all the others take emselves too seriously

Shadow Dancer
01-05-04, 04:01
I freaking loved shining force. Except that pure "healer/defensive" chars were complete crap to level. 8|

suler
01-05-04, 06:18
I forgot about that, the main thing I remember annoying me was I could never find the gay place to get mithril turned into weapons.

Kasumi
01-05-04, 06:21
Knuckles :pI have one of those too! But it is so big an ugly! I give it to my daughter.. ^^

Can anyone honestly say Perfect Dark or Zelda 64(not lame Majora's Mask :rolleyes: ) were failures?
Perfect Dark was no fun.. I dont like Cell Shaded games very much.. One of the reasons I hate Breath of Fire V for PS2.. :( Zelda was always fun.. Has been fun since the famicom.. :) The Nintendo 64 was a failure because it had very few fun games.. I can only think of a few games that I enjoyed on it.. But I usually ONLY enjoy Roleplay games for most consoles except PS2.. ^^

The megadrive wasn't a failure at all, it was every system sega made after it that failed. The dreamcast also would of been a great system but it didn't have support due to every system inbetween megadrive and dreamcast.
Money it was not a failure.. Sega was beating Nintendo for awhile with the MegaDrive but it had really bad games for it.. Very few good Roleplay games so in failed in entertaining me.. So its a failure.. :P A not every system after MegaDrive failed.. atleast in japan.. ^^ Can still buy lots of Satourn games here.. and dreamcast games.. ^^

Nash_Brigham
01-05-04, 07:47
Genesis version is indescribable. Is that a word? It's one of the best games ever. Snes and Genesis both have their perks.

IMO genesis went alot more indepth with the skills, especially hacking. I really did feel like a shadowrunner. It was so much fun, buying contacts and calling gang leaders to join. :p

Snes had a better gfx and storyline.

They both have their +s and -s. I wish there was a sequel. :(
Unfortunately FASA got out while it was ahead. I don't know who is controlling the Shadowrun liscense these days, and not really sure if Shadowrun is looking at a future.

suler
01-05-04, 08:01
Fanpro owns it along with most of fasa's other games. They've released a few new shadowrun books and are doing a good job providing new story.

They are obviously a small company compared to what fasa was, but they seem to be making enough money to keep it alive for awhile. I don't think any new games will come out in the shadowrun universe though.

Edit: also fanpro I believe is german based which would explain why neocron has alot of obvious shadowrun influence.

Kal
01-05-04, 11:56
Perfect Dark was no fun.. I dont like Cell Shaded games very much..

MegaDrive but it had really bad games for it..

1. perfect dark was the greatest game EVER imo, it doesnt matter how you look at it i know there will be games other people have enjoyed more but i doubt any game will ever top PD for me, and theres no way it was a bad game, the only reason i can think you'd say that is its too hard for you.

2. PD was NOT cell shaded

3. megadrive had better games than snes, sonic just plain kicked mario in the nuts and pissed on his limp form, the micromachines games were the most fun games ever to grace the existance of the earth, especially in 4 player, empire of steel - the most fun side scroller i've ever seen, to name but a few.

most snes games were slow and boring like final fantasy (yawn)

though i will say i treuly enjoyed chrono trigger

rpgs are ok to play for a bit now and then but the crappy random battle system and annoying turn based crap is just dumb and frustrating.

thats my view anyway

i take all these old games way too seriously :lol:

im gonna stop now cause i feel flames coming on...........

Aziraphale
01-05-04, 12:37
A new Shining Force game is on the make :)
Phantasy star was awesome too, though I only really played PS4, the graphics on the other ones were a bit too basic.

Perfect Dark is so unbelievably good, I dont know how you can even say that Kasumi o_O GoldenEye set the standard, then PD completely blew it away. Best MP ever.

All this makes me wanna replay Shadowrun ;) probably the Genesis version, already completed snes one 3 times :D

suler
02-05-04, 00:02
They made like a 3 chapter version of shining force 3 in japan but I think we only got the first one on saturn or something.

PS4 was definetly the best but I liked 2 also because the main story was about going through the generations and it was cool to see how your great great grandson ends up by your choices.

evs
02-05-04, 00:46
MegaDrive but it had really bad games for it.. Very few good Roleplay games

Eh?

Landstalker
Phantasy Star 2/3/4
Shining Force 1/2
Shining In the Darkness
Dungeons & Dragons : Warriors of the eternal sun
Dragons Fury
Dragons Revenge
The Faery Tale Adventure
Immortal (Which rocked beyond belief)
Rings Of Power
Sorcerors Empire
Sword of vermillions
Syndicate (bloody awesome)

could go on really.....

the console was very popular and had loads of platformers / beat em ups / shoot em ups - but also had rpg and many many 'wacky' games.

sorry to burst your bubble ....

KeithMyath
02-05-04, 02:39
hijacked thread just a little maybe, ( aw i dont care, might as well get my pathetic post-count up [like it matters, my e-penis is off-chart])

t0tt3
02-05-04, 02:54
Microsoft > Nintendo > Sega
"thatīs because Bill Gates is so full of shit... errm cash"

Sony died after the PS2 release simply because the games looked like shit, I do hate Microsoft but they know how to market their product and nothing more to do. Just wished that they went in and made a perfect console and gave out just the games... But its all about money :rolleyes:

suler
02-05-04, 04:01
uhhh xbox is not doing better then the ps2 in any way, yes ps2 looks like ass but personal opinion doesn't effect that the xbox isn't close to the ps2 sales.

Edit: and in the asian market I think xbox only sold 50k units or something like that.

{MD}GeistDamnit
02-05-04, 04:24
shadowrun is one of the main reasons I played NC in beta then bought it. I actually fire up snes once every few months to play that metroid and ultima the false prophet :D

seraphian
02-05-04, 04:36
yeah I loved those games... my introduction into the wonderful world of cyberpunk RPing!

the tabletop RP is better though,

BTW: anyone interested in a yahoo Shadowrun group possibly doing online RP e-mail me at Wintermut3@hotmail.com

PS, yes Wiskids owns shadowrun, and they are related to FASAs old German distributor (I know because I asked their lead writer Mike Muhlville (SP?) at GenCon a few years ago...) check out their new sprawl survival guide, great cybverpounk background RP info...

suler
02-05-04, 04:45
I didn't really find the sprawl survival guide useful, but their wastelands and awakened lands books have alot of good locations.

seraphian
02-05-04, 04:46
yeah wastelands rocked, if you can get the old books like Street Samurai Catalog and Neo Anarchists Guide to Real Life there's great stuff in those.

Kasumi
02-05-04, 04:53
1. perfect dark was the greatest game EVER imo, it doesnt matter how you look at it i know there will be games other people have enjoyed more but i doubt any game will ever top PD for me, and theres no way it was a bad game, the only reason i can think you'd say that is its too hard for you.

2. PD was NOT cell shaded

3. megadrive had better games than snes, sonic just plain kicked mario in the nuts and pissed on his limp form, the micromachines games were the most fun games ever to grace the existance of the earth, especially in 4 player, empire of steel - the most fun side scroller i've ever seen, to name but a few.
Hrmm Game sells show that super famicom was much better than Megadrive.. ^^ If anything Nintendo was winning the "console race" until Sony released the PSX.. ^^ Now every console maker is trying to keep up with Sony.. ^_^ I have no played Perfect Dark i was thinking of another game I think.. I *know* there was a cell shaded game for Nintendo 64 I thought it was Perfect Dark.. ^^

Sony died after the PS2 release simply because the games looked like shit, I do hate Microsoft but they know how to market their product and nothing more to do. Just wished that they went in and made a perfect console and gave out just the games... But its all about money Sony isnt dead, if is still winning console race. *Most* People in Japan dont care for the Xbox.. ^^ GameCube and PS2 are the most entertaining consoles.. ^^ There is also the PSP, PSX, PS3 from sony soon.. ^^

t0tt3
02-05-04, 11:34
Sony isnt dead, if is still winning console race. *Most* People in Japan dont care for the Xbox.. ^^ GameCube and PS2 are the most entertaining consoles.. ^^ There is also the PSP, PSX, PS3 from sony soon.. ^^

Hmm ops yea forgot about the asian market =P *Those who play most console games worldwide*

Sony's PS2 is still very much the dominant console despite the slowing sales, with 51.2 million sold worldwide. By comparison, Nintendo has sold 9.55 million GameCubes and newcomer Microsoft has sold 9.4 million Xboxs. That means that Sony has outsold both the GCN and Xbox combined by a margin of 2.5:1.

sorry :( *still looks like ass ;) :p *

Duder
02-05-04, 12:13
The Mega Drive version of Shadowrun was better and more fun then the snes version, SO THERE.

Aziraphale
02-05-04, 15:52
The Mega Drive version of Shadowrun was better and more fun then the snes version, SO THERE.

Snes story was infineately superior though you have to agree.

Parappa
02-05-04, 16:35
SNES > all

because

Secret of Mana is the GREATEST game ever made. Specially when multiplaying.

Kasumi
02-05-04, 16:36
SNES > all

because

Secret of Mana is the GREATEST game ever made. Specially when multiplaying.
Play Legend of Mana.. ^^ Much better!