PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect

Lev
29-04-04, 19:23
Can't connect to the server

Ummmm when i start the launcher and click play neocron i get the message its connecting to: 62.140.29.54 port 8040 but it cant seem to do it, did my setting get messed up or can other people not get in as well?

Kal
29-04-04, 19:27
i heard you have to connect to this thing called the interweb first.

if youir using a router try turning it off and on, otherwise im beat

Lev
29-04-04, 19:29
i heard you have to connect to this thing called the interweb first.

if youir using a router try turning it off and on, otherwise im beat

.... yeah I have a valid IP, gatway whole nine yards, every other net-related thing works fine.

Phantium
29-04-04, 22:55
Works fine here, make sure if you have a firewall installed or use a router that you allow it to connect.

naimex
29-04-04, 23:05
try doing a "tracert 60.140.29.54"

from run in start menu.

if you get any time outs before you reach the right address.. then one of your redirect hosts are down.

(thats what happened to me earlier today)

Mr Friendly
29-04-04, 23:07
what about someone witha regular cable modem :\

cant connect

{MD}GeistDamnit
29-04-04, 23:08
I can't connect either :(

did that tracert thingy and it was the problem, a routing server broke somewhere maybe ?

Scikar
29-04-04, 23:20
It's letting me in, UK on 56k.

{MD}GeistDamnit
29-04-04, 23:20
It's letting me in, UK on 56k.

yeah all my uk friends can connect, but me and others from usa cant :(

AmenRa
29-04-04, 23:33
I can't connect either. :(

USA east coast running on cable modem.

What is wierd is I can ping 62.140.29.54 but I can't connect to it.

Odin
29-04-04, 23:35
Not sure what's up but I can get in on all servers.

http://www.internethealthreport.com/

Couple criticals on the Cogent backbone.

Lafiel
29-04-04, 23:37
yup seems part of the net is down
http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=632&stc=1

..... this sucks

Shadow Dancer
29-04-04, 23:47
I can't seem to connect to pluto. I haven't tried other servers(since I don't play em :p). I click on pluto then it just stays stuck. :(

Mr Friendly
29-04-04, 23:56
i cant even connect to server on the Neocron Launcher......@_@

live on the east side of USA

BunkerBoy
29-04-04, 23:57
yeah i can connect to everything, but when i did a "tracert 60.140.29.54"
it seems to keep timing outwhen it tries reaching the launcher login ip. rather weird . unless im being stupid atm lol.

[edit]- I am in Orlando, Florida and the internet health report page shows that those Cogent links are back up and stable.

Mr Friendly
30-04-04, 00:01
launcher dun like us on da East Side :p

Lafiel
30-04-04, 00:10
yea it seems the pipelines are back to stable but i still cannot connect

edit: first hop on my traceroute still timing out

Lev
30-04-04, 00:36
Allrighty I know more than most people about networking so I took some steps to ensure that its probably not on my system, also please note that that my computer is virus free so thats not a possible issue.

About the tracert thing, a step timing out doesnt mean the host is unreachable just that the tracert packets took too long to come back from that interface.

I CAN ping the server no problem, however I can not connect on port 8040 no matter what. starting up my trusty packet capture software (ethereal) the client makes three attempts to initiate the connection with SYN packets however in all three cases no reply is recieved and the client gives up.

It was working fine yesterday but this afternoon I went to log on and it was fine. I am at work now and it works here which is on the same network as my house (i live and work at school) so the port isnt blocked for the whole network, its possible that one router has some sort of fucked up ACL but doubtfull, which leads me to believe that the login server just doesnt feel like responding. If some one at KK could let me know what their thoughts are, or have any other ideas or ways for me to test things out please let me know ASAP, I need my neocrack!

Thank you,

Lev

EDIT: I did talk with our networking people and while the main guys had gone home, the night shift guy said he was almost certain no changes had been made, and they dont make a habit of blocking ports in any case for any reason

EDIT: I posted too quickly, while I can connect to the initial login server from work when I go to pluto it says searching for server and then times out and when I go to saturn it lets me pick a character and then synchs out. something is definetly up with the server(s) :( Is it maybe load balancing the connections and im just lucky enough to get the semi working one from work? I dunno but seems unlikely. please please please fix this/help me fix this.

Lafiel
30-04-04, 01:15
yep i still cannot connect :mad:

Mr Friendly
30-04-04, 01:39
same here

Lafiel
30-04-04, 02:32
still cant fucking connect god damn what is the problem here

Lev
30-04-04, 02:50
still cant fucking connect god damn what is the problem here

It's midnight in germany? :)

Lafiel
30-04-04, 04:08
damnit someone call the internet and wake her ass up

{MD}GeistDamnit
30-04-04, 04:22
well I got in finally. I wonder what that was all about? All my time on the internet, I never came across "junctions" or whatever bieng down.