PDA

View Full Version : APU Consetup

Hito
29-04-04, 16:23
Hi

This is one thing I have been woundering about for a damn long time from my first apu monk in fact what the hell do I go for in con. Is it alot of body hlt and add resists later, or what because I am confuses is this class only good when there is a PPU strapped to your back [well no becase I see good APUs take some shit from tanks and stuff on uranus]. But was woundering anyone got any good Ideads on what a con setup should be on a APU because for the life of me no matter what I try I am always getting killed kinda fast. Me APU had Attack 3 2 and Exp 3 and PSI core in pure PSI use and 176 apu with PA 3 [No DS gave that to me PPU]. If anyone could help please leave a post here and I will read it when I get back home at work at the moment about to leave soon :) at last damn long day. anyways someone help me please lol

extract
29-04-04, 17:08
first off, a DS is far more beneficial to an APU than a PPU....i mean its great for both, but the force resist definitely helps an APU a lil more, so if u can get that back........DO IT!!!

secondly, Im not a monk master, but I usually just had 50 base hlt, like 15 athletics(and thats with the leg implant +5) lol i mean why not u can have well over 100 agility

and then I put the rest into fire/xray/poison, and wore a filter heart 1

for strength i had 61 force resist and 25 into transport on my apu, with DS

Hito
29-04-04, 18:04
thx for the info m8 will have to get another DS at some point then :). I have alot in resist force to but will have to sort the ath problem out a little anyways cheers for your help. DS make take a while to get oh well worth it in the end. Give me somthing to do while I wait like the rest of us for doy.

extract
29-04-04, 18:11
thx for the info m8 will have to get another DS at some point then :). I have alot in resist force to but will have to sort the ath problem out a little anyways cheers for your help. DS make take a while to get oh well worth it in the end. Give me somthing to do while I wait like the rest of us for doy.

actually mc5 is closed

Psychoninja
29-04-04, 18:12
I think he was talking about getting it after it re-opens in the next patch.

Shadow Dancer
29-04-04, 19:32
15 athletics is way to low IMO. You'll be mincemeat against people who can aim well. Don't forget the huge agility penalty from PA.

And yes DS ROX for apus. IF only XP controller didn't have that -20 force. :(

extract
29-04-04, 19:35
15 athletics is way to low IMO. You'll be mincemeat against people who can aim well. Don't forget the huge agility penalty from PA.

And yes DS ROX for apus. IF only XP controller didn't have that -20 force. :(

im mincemeat against anyone, at least i get to live a lil longer this way

THIS IS GoD
29-04-04, 21:44
I got my APU's Con setup split between ath and body health and lke 50 resist poison as you get x-ray and energy resist from armor FH1

Indrid Cold
30-04-04, 00:04
You don't need a whole lot of TRA, so invest in resist force.

Hito
30-04-04, 10:46
ok so I need alot of force resist damn exp 3 controller as ppl said it removes 20 so will deferently need a DS again:( . anyways ty for all your help and info ppl. Was apreshated as been trying to sort this for a while now. cheers again cya

phunqe
30-04-04, 11:01
I have 22 TRA, which is good for 34 psi boosters and 12 medpacks (including full armour and implants).

DEX: All in AGL
CON: 50 ATH with imps, 75 HLT rest in fir and x-ray. Filter 1. Heavy fire belt. Heavy energy generally when PvP:ing.

EDIT: 50 HLT can go as well. Haven't bothered with it in a while.

EDIT 2: Actually, I think 50 HLT is better, get those point mostly in fir, some in x-ray. Then wear heavy fire belt constantly. HAven't bothered with PSN either really. Was a long time since I got poisoned, don't know if it's worth to spend more points in it (other than the points FH1 gives).

Gestra
30-04-04, 11:16
45 ath
70 hlt
10 fire
50 xray
35 poison

then filter 1, heavy fire, rest spirit armour and you are ready to roll. haz 3 being even better though since without it xray is only around 80ish.

steweygrrr
30-04-04, 11:17
I've gone with 50 ATL (with imps)
65 HLT
10 END

and the rest in Xray, its the only one you cant get additional armour to cover.

Gestra
30-04-04, 11:20
I've gone with 50 ATL (with imps)
65 HLT
10 END

and the rest in Xray, its the only one you cant get additional armour to cover.

Holy spirit armour gives 25 xray.

Hito
30-04-04, 11:32
hmm ok now I getting mixed ideas I have 40 ath 40 Hlt 50 fire 40 x-ray 20 poison and 0 end think I will have to put some more in x-ray what u guys think? but other then that there is not alot more I can do. I have all in agility wich is dex capped. Also got 55 resist force at the moment. WIll try and get some more but then I really wouldnt be able to carry much around with me so dont know yet. anyways back to work for me :(

___T-X____
30-04-04, 14:23
I have everything into ATH & AGY. imo, monks arent designed as a damage sponge so I try not to get hit by being so fast.

Shadow Dancer
30-04-04, 16:16
Regardless of how fast you are, a good pvper will hit you multiple times still. Their has to be a balance between speed and defense.

As for putting everything into force, i disagree. I'd rather have 5 less force and be able to carry alot more boosters and/or medkits.

Oh yea, with a DS you can wear heavy belts sooner so you don't have to use adv nerves which also gimps TRA.

And imo putting points into poison is useless. Hardly any apus use poison now, since the stupid zone bug. And even with 0 resist you can take down a dev tank easy.

Con points for apu is too precious. I just don't think putting points into poison for a "few possible" encounters is wise.

If EVERYONE used poison, it would be different.

extract
30-04-04, 16:22
since the stupid zone bug.

I dont follow, what is this bug?

Strych9
30-04-04, 16:24
I dont do it like most I guess.

I know my pure APU will always be with his pure PPU counterpart that my bud plays.

As such...

1. All dex into Athletics
2. In Con, 15 base Agility and then all the rest evenly divided between Health, Fire, and Poison.

Armor gives me the energy I need.

I chose fire and poison because all of my levelling will be on fire and poison mobs exclusively. Toss in a FH1 and the fire/poison belt, and you are set.

Armor gives me some xray, but thats what holy shelter and holy heal are for if I ever encounter any. :)

Shadow Dancer
30-04-04, 16:27
I dont follow, what is this bug?

Once your target zones, the poison stops affecting him.

:rolleyes:

extract
30-04-04, 16:29
Once your target zones, the poison stops affecting him.

:rolleyes:

oh thats lame

Strych9
30-04-04, 16:32
oh thats lameAgreed. Problem was that APUs would poison barrel someone, then zone themselves... thus killing the runner but not taking a FS/SL hit.

So it was the lame actions of APUs that brought this about.

Thats not to say that perhaps they couldnt fix the problem some other way than how they did of course. :)

Shadow Dancer
30-04-04, 16:33
I would word it more like this

It was the actions of lame apus that brought this about.

:)

extract
30-04-04, 16:40
oh so they made this happen so people couldnt drop 10 stacks and then zone? or is it something that just happened one day?