PDA

View Full Version : 10Tacel + E3 +Webside Relaunch

hinch
29-04-04, 16:19
ok now 10T website says RELAUNCH @ E3

which i find interesting first off relaunch? interesting choice of words as there was never a 10t website before hand

www.10tacel.de (see for yourself)

and E3??? now before you go getting your hopes up fanboi's E3 doesnt list 10T as having a stand there at all so all i can assume is theyre under someone else's stand but strangely enough nobody owns up to having 10T
(perhaps theyre on teh cdv stand :))

anybody have any other info on this?

PS: i still say 10T is a company set up by mjs and other VC's

Strych9
29-04-04, 16:21
before you go getting your hopes up fanboi'sfanboi? For 10T? Does such a creature exist already?

hinch
29-04-04, 16:25
i was thinking more of the "OMG OMG OMG DOY AT E3" fanboi's

Clownst0pper
29-04-04, 16:32
Even the smallest of games can have stands at E3 - the biggest games obviously get the most floor space.

Heck, if half the shit can get floor space.

B : DOY certainly can

hinch
29-04-04, 16:39
case in point ^^ fanboi

i doubt either KK or 10T could afford e3 space tbh most of the people there even the shit people/games have big ass publishers behind them

looking through the exhibitors list i see very very few small companies there its mainly the big 5 and their clients/divisions

Clownst0pper
29-04-04, 16:41
E3 is nothing more than an over priced advert for the biggest companeys telling us things we already know about games weve played before.

I used to look forward to it, now its dull, with sony/xbox and nintendo having bitching matches of my cock is bigger than urs

hinch
29-04-04, 16:44
so youve played stuff like hl2 doom3 halo2 etc before?

wow wish i was you i mean hell i never get that chance.

but ill tell the guys in the office who are going to e3 to look out for 10t and see if any of them report anything interesting since im guessing nobody has anything interesting to say about the actualy first post

Forget My Name
29-04-04, 16:47
so youve played stuff like hl2 doom3 halo2 etc before?

yeah, they are called hl doom1/2 and halo

hinch
29-04-04, 16:48
really O_o

and heres me thinking we spend years developing this shit for a different game when infact we must have done it years ago :rolleyes:

Forget My Name
29-04-04, 16:49
really O_o

and heres me thinking we spend years developing this shit for a different game when infact we must have done it years ago :rolleyes:

I hope you are right, I hope you are....

MrBiggles
29-04-04, 17:35
and E3??? now before you go getting your hopes up fanboi's E3 doesnt list 10T as having a stand there at all so all i can assume is theyre under someone else's stand but strangely enough nobody owns up to having 10T
(perhaps theyre on teh cdv stand :))

I'm wondering if perhaps they're using a US distributor and will be with their both? Does 10T have enough clout to be recognized for just one name? Or perhaps there's an "obscure game publishers" booth where 10 different companies helped rent and it'll be there, sitting in the dark corner next to the freight elevator....

Psychoninja
29-04-04, 17:42
Hehe, damn forgot it was E3 season :p
I wonder if thats when MJS is releasing the Trailer :angel:

I've always wanted to go to E3 since I was 12....I guess I'll keep dreaming :(

Kasumi
29-04-04, 17:45
I wont be going to E3 this year.. *cries* :(

hivemind
29-04-04, 17:47
IF, and I say IF, Neocron is shown at E3, complete with shiny new graphics engine, this could be a big deal. This COULD be the shot in the arm the game needs.

OTOH, if you go to E3 and show shite, or something that looks dated, expect to get either mercilessly hammered, or not mentioned at all. I'm not sure which is worse...

Psychoninja
29-04-04, 18:10
I'd rather see it hammered.
Don't they have a playable demo of DOY anyways?

Thought they showed it off at a German Video game expo or something.
I'm almost positive the trailer will be out for DOY, mainly because it would be the smart thing to do...

hivemind
29-04-04, 18:34
Yep. There's no such thing as bad press. :)

Vampire222
29-04-04, 18:34
doy at e3 = W1n!

Heavyporker
29-04-04, 19:52
mmm.. yeah... hell, don't bother renting floorspace, just pick up a coupe duffel bags, go around the crowd handing out preview CDs and Trial accounts...

wait, wait! I got it! Make danae the booth bunny!!!! in PP stripper getup!

That'll get every last red-blooded male screaming for the cds. Um.

Don't kill me?

Lafiel
29-04-04, 20:28
lol this 10tcal company sounds like a joke...... i really wonder if they will turn out any better than cdv.... i mean... at least cdv has a frickin website ffs

Benjie
29-04-04, 20:32
Advertisement is a good thing

MegaCorp
29-04-04, 20:50
I could be wrong, but i got the impression that 10tacel is just an entrepreneurial middle-man company; they bought a controlling interest in KK and now hope to make a profit. Meaning they dont publish anything per se, but will line up a publisher (if they havent already); i.e. they are not a CDV replacement, the new publisher will be the CDV replacement. And its the new publisher who needs to have a nifty website, do advertising, tie into events like E3, line up manufacturing, setup distribution channels, etc.

Spook

Lafiel
29-04-04, 20:54
lol well than why is the 10tacel logo on the new box... and why the hell would you need a company to pick a publisher for you?/why would kk waste money on that when they are allready financially stressed..... and if they did have a new publisher.... they would have told us/wouldnt have came out with a release date/and order form if they didnt have a publisher... it all just makes no sense

MegaCorp
29-04-04, 21:05
10tacel's logo will be on the box because they effectively own KK now. Thats what having a controlling interest is all about. As for the publisher, as i said, i could be mistaken. But if you go to 10t's website you will note they list themselves as a "studio" and not a "publisher". In fact it says "studios" implying an interest in acquiring other companies like KK. So the implication is that they are an umbrella company as i conjectured. But again [shrug] i could be wrong about the publishing part.

Spook

hivemind
29-04-04, 21:07
lol well than why is the 10tacel logo on the new box... and why the hell would you need a company to pick a publisher for you?/why would kk waste money on that when they are allready financially stressed..... and if they did have a new publisher.... they would have told us/wouldnt have came out with a release date/and order form if they didnt have a publisher... it all just makes no sense
On the contrary, 10T is where KK seems to be getting their money from now. KK isn't paying 10T. But 10T makes money if KK does.

jernau
29-04-04, 21:27
case in point ^^ fanboi

i doubt either KK or 10T could afford e3 space tbh most of the people there even the shit people/games have big ass publishers behind them

looking through the exhibitors list i see very very few small companies there its mainly the big 5 and their clients/divisionsOften small companies get together in groups to have a shared stand at shows like this. As KK did at that German show a few months back. I can't remember the name of that group if someone can find/remember it maybe they are going? If not maybe 10T are part of another group? Or maybe they have other shareholder/partners who are going? Or maybe it's not a stand but a conference/talk/whatever that these shows have? Or something else.

@kas - Do you normally go? It's a long way for an expo or is there a Tokyo one?

Lafiel
29-04-04, 21:37
ok thats all good n all but than why do we not know the publisher? why have kk not released that info. surely they could not have come up with that order module without haviing a real publisher..

jernau
29-04-04, 21:41
ok thats all good n all but than why do we not know the publisher? why have kk not released that info. surely they could not have come up with that order module without haviing a real publisher..
I don't know, I'm only pointing out that there are more options than "they lie!!!!".

Bl@zed
29-04-04, 21:45
i'm going to e3 this year, and tbh, i wouldn't waste one second at the 10T stand (if they have one). This game has already gone to shit, and is near death, and this 10T company sounds like a total mock of a publisher, and will be no better than CDV imo.

jernau
29-04-04, 21:47
i'm going to e3 this year, and tbh, i wouldn't waste one second at the 10T stand (if they have one). This game has already gone to shit, and is near death, and this 10T company sounds like a total mock of a publisher, and will be no better than CDV imo.
Wow, such reasoned and logical arguments. Who could fail to be impressed.:rolleyes:

MegaCorp
29-04-04, 21:51
surely they could not have come up with that order module without haviing a real publisher.
Well, technically they dont really need a publisher to take pre-orders. They just need to have a process in place to ensure that all such orders will be properly handled once the product becomes available. But then, who knows, there might be a publisher already and it might be 10T ... i figure its just something they havent felt like discussing or clarifying yet. Then again, maybe all we have to do is actually *ask* and KK or 10T will oblige by saying something.

There is a box cover shown on the pre-order page, but its too tiny to make out all the details. If there is a larger one posted somewhere to examine perhaps that will provide the name of the publisher.

Spook

Bl@zed
29-04-04, 21:54
all 10T is, is a last ditch effort to save this game, sure i'll try DoY, just to see if KK would go through with their promises, but with the lack of content in this game atm, shows KK's promises are empty. Sure we get previews, of a game coming out in 4 months, who cares, that doesn;t help the current situtation of the game, KK need to add more content now to get players spirits up about the game, not empty previews of something not coming out for months.

Seven
29-04-04, 22:00
The publisher has the cd's and boxes made and ships them out plus does advertising right?

I'm guessing 10T could do that. :confused:

Bl@zed
29-04-04, 22:01
The publisher has the cd's and boxes made and ships them out plus does advertising right?

I'm guessing 10T could do that. :confused:

CDV couldn't :p
i wonder if 10T will make a nifty flash move like CDV :p

jernau
29-04-04, 22:02
10T are not the main publisher - MJS told us that last week.

Marx
29-04-04, 22:03
CDV couldn't :p
i wonder if 10T will make a nifty flash move like CDV :p
Making fun of them before they've even started is kind of shoddy, no?

Scikar
29-04-04, 22:10
10T are not the main publisher - MJS told us that last week.
Yar. We don't know who the actual publisher is - so it's possible that the real publisher has booked E3 space. All speculation though at this stage, I think I'll wait to be surprised. :)

MegaCorp
29-04-04, 22:10
Depends on the services the particular publisher provides directly versus farms out to third party companies. But yes, you covered a major part of their job. Publishers are generally responsible for marketing and publicity directly (tradeshows, ads in magazines, and so forth), and are responsible for working with other vendors to line up manufacturing, packaging, and distribution. [i spent a lot of time working in the multimedia and gaming industries]

Spook

Ixholla
29-04-04, 22:21
IF, and I say IF, Neocron is shown at E3, complete with shiny new graphics engine, this could be a big deal.

lol - yeah it'd be just what they need.

They have the resources they just don't use them becuase it costs $$$$

It takes $$$ to make $$$$.

:)

MegaCorp
29-04-04, 22:31
They have the resources they just don't use them becuase it costs $$$$. It takes $$$ to make $$$$.
Well i think the whole idea of the take-over was to give KK the cash infusion needed to do this relaunch right and be successful. So, as i have said before: "fingers firmly crossed". Although i am critical of KK at times, i do want them to be successful.

Spook

Kasumi
30-04-04, 05:42
@kas - Do you normally go? It's a long way for an expo or is there a Tokyo one?
Yes I usually go everyyear.. Now that I dont work for big game company I cant/wont go to E3.. :( It is a long ways but it is always fun.. ^_^ I dont think there is an E3 here, I know there is Tokyo Gameshow every year that I go to too.. ^_^ It not quite as big as E3 since not every international company comes.. It usually for Japanese game companies.. :P

hinch
30-04-04, 09:50
think ive been to E3 every year since like 93 not going this year though !!!
going to berlin instead to meet some peons.

been to the tokyo gameshow a couple of times although small is usually a great show all the same.