PDA

View Full Version : Mc5 Rework Idea. (small but hey its something)

Darkborg
29-04-04, 12:26
Well with the update to Mc5 I was kinda hoping wed get some new Conversation stuck into those old Npcs there so i kinda did something i have a bad experience with, but nobody else is doing it so i though hey why not. :angel:

Heres my idea for a commander introducing a person to NC:

Greetings Runner and welcome back. You may be a bit Confused Right now but relax it will subside with time.
I am here to welcome you to the glorious future where mans dreams have finally come true.

your Genome has been extracted from the huge database Found on The ancient data storage disks Called the Ceres disks.

I am a representative of The administration of the Glorious City of Neocron, Also the sponsors and main actors behind your reanimation.
But i must be frank we have activated your genome sequence and made "slight" modifications to it. The Central administration database,
Has kitted you out with a whole new set of genes built on and adapated to your own.
This will enable you to lead a productive excistence here in Neocron.
Hang on i have a message on my Rpos ............ ah sorry about that Runner.
Here i present you With some Belongings delegated By the cortson ( Council Of Reanimation To Strengthen Our Neocron ).
For your own protection you have also been implanted with a Lawenforcer Chip, This will protect from many of the,
Quarrels between Runners like yourself In neocron. I recommend you that you not remove it untill you are ready to partake in the battle.

Welcome to Neocron and have a produtive day Runner

Hostile Variant:

Greetings Runner and welcome back. You may be a bit Confused Right now but relax it will subside with time.
I am here to welcome you to the glorious future where mans dreams have finally come true.

your Genome has been extracted from the huge database Found on The ancient data storage disks Called the Ceres disks.

I am a representative of The administration of the Glorious City of Neocron, Also the sponsors and main actors behind your reanimation.
But i must be frank we have activated your genome sequence and made "slight" modifications to it. The Central administration database,
Has kitted you out with a whole new set of genes built on and adapated to your own.
This will enable you to lead a productive excistence here in Neocron.
Hang On i have a message on my Rpos .... WHAT !! .... This often now Grrr. Well its a risk.

Apparently there has been a slight problem with a chip we stuck in your head,
it appears its only partly functional.
Please lie down a await Mental Deletion, you appear to be incompatible.
Wait a moment....... What Lieutenant ? ... The CLEANERS !?!?! I must interface with the base defense grid.... We have a Failure
down here Lieutenant handle Him ..... Lieutenant.
DAMNIT.
Heres your Kit Runner now get out before i reconsider.

Spelling yadda yadda , and then a yadda. Dont bitch at me do better :p

Original monk
29-04-04, 15:45
yup, very nice, especially the part of the finding the genoma on ceres disks :) so i like the nonhostile variant in this example.

i vote yes: implement :)

enjoy playing and writing :)

Dribble Joy
29-04-04, 15:48
Reanimation?

MC5 is the CA brainwashing facility, people are abducted, mind wiped (hence the skill loss), and rewoken with the intent to keep them as CA (or CA allied faction) people. When it goes wrong, it is because the process has failed, you still know who you are and what faction you are in (though you still have been skill wiped), so they kick you out sharpish.

Darkborg
29-04-04, 16:55
well i was thinking why not give it a twist,
a way of connecting better with your char and giving RL knowledge some "Ingame justification"
But hey its just me on a slow day :p

]v[ortice
29-04-04, 17:05
LoL

That peek from Jest is really fucking funny.

Oh erm... nice MC5 wotsit... erm?