PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid

-=BlackBeard=-
29-04-04, 12:14
hi i was thinking about making either a hybrid or an APU

wat are hybrids like now adays? does anyone also have a nice setup

also wat a link to the remove para siggy :D anyone have one?

Original monk
29-04-04, 12:29
hi i was thinking about making either a hybrid or an APU

wat are hybrids like now adays? does anyone also have a nice setup

you wonna be hybrid and ya dont like para ?

euh ok ...

you want cookiecutter hybridsetups ?

euh ok ...

You wonna know how hybrids are like:

they are shit ... except when ya start using exotic setups ... PA switching/removing, DS, etc

dont get me wrong ... they are ok but OR there offense OR there defense sucks ... there is no middleroad ... there is one but its still sucky ..

hybrids are still nerfed yeah ... worth it ? not yet imo

i gonna shut up now but i come back soon ffcourse :P

Phantium
29-04-04, 13:41

Stop with the Anti Para Madness..... it's sad.

ino
29-04-04, 13:44
About hybrids dont know dont playone.

about para sig, I've seen you ask this in like 20 threads now :) and almost every time someone has said copy the image adress from someones para sig pic.

so I've done it for you

http://mars.walagata.com/w/oscarsouth/remove_para.jpg

Scikar
29-04-04, 13:55
Hybrids are, contrary to popular belief, fairly good. As Original said, it is kinda hard to get a balance between offense and defence, I did make a thread about this a while back but it seems people would rather complain about not having their old hybrid instead of actually suggesting something that could work, so that got nowhere.

Essentially you've got two main choices, one, get a kami, and aim for a PE defence setup, or two, get blessed defence and energy halo for attack, possibly moving up to holy energy halo later (depends on how you set it up).

The advantage of a blessed hybrid is that you have essentially PPU defence, with a slightly weaker heal and slightly more vulnerable to poison. My hybrid setup uses blessed shelter, holy deflector and blessed heal, with energy halo. The halo isn't very high slotted so it's not so good for attack, but I have 99% protection to everything bar poison. Antipara spells are no good as hybrid so you need anti para drugs, but it's relatively easy to get the defence set up. The char only has 85 base PSI, so when capped and with a better slotted halo the offense won't be too bad. Atm it outheals CS while dealing fair damage to a Tank, so capped it won't be too bad. At an OP war you still have level 2 buffs (though haz/heat 2 aren't worth the cost). Your foreign cast shelter isn't as good as a self cast PE shelter, but it's still good for tanks and your heal is way better than TL3.

The other option mainly aims for APU level offense with HL, using shelter to recoup the armor penalties of the kami chip. Glok posted a setup for it earlier.

Overall they're perfectly viable, they could do with a middle ground with equal offense and defence, atm you have to bias towards one or the other, but hopefully something can be done about that.

Original monk
29-04-04, 14:34
ēscikar is correct, only i have my doubt on the kamihybrid ...

kami's for psi's have been nerfed ... nerfed decently :) a kamihybrid isnt viable at all nomore ... the ppuhit you get nerfs you to much for all the defense you loose (-200 energy, -100 pierce, -40 ppu) ... unless you wonna be ubersensitive to energy (so you can forget fighting cstanks and HLmonks)
that lvl 25 shelter isnt gonna protect you against HL or cs, not even talking about you being damageboosted and freezed and HLspammed and shot by a cs ...

+ the kami is still rare and the fact it got nerfed doesnt gonna make it alot cheaper or easier to find ...

a DS you need for sure ... otherwise dont start... being fully capped is prefered (xcept int, atlough you need all the psi-use you can get) ... its yust to much of an advantage for a hybrid ... (im also dreaming of the gaya glove but hey)

but its possible to use a shelter, blessed def, damageboost and Fire apoc ...

so also: antishield ... HL etc ...

this however requires the removing and putting back on of an apuPA 2 :/ (leeched the infoz from monsoon, who pushed he's hybrid to the old levels again lol, and yeah he's viable i had enough fights with em by now :) )

+ youre not that strong in defense ... a serieus consetup will be required

anyway, when i come up with more ill tell ya :)

edit: a kami isnt worthless tough, sumtimes i put my kami in my apu so he caps the holy pestilance, then i boost em with my ppumonk and he can go turn pepperpark into a swampcave :) but even then the apu is much better of witouth the kamichip, but still fun from time to time to trow the kami in :)

altough: many people will call you a lamer if you buff yourself outside PP ... when 9 outta 10 they have a ppu up there ass even holy healing em constantly ... rolleyes :P

Scikar
29-04-04, 19:21
You can make a kami hybrid setup with higher defences than an unbuffed APU, with heal, damage boost, and still runcast HL. I wouldn't call it gimped.

Shadow Dancer
29-04-04, 19:23
You can make a kami hybrid setup with higher defences than an unbuffed APU, with heal, damage boost, and still runcast HL. I wouldn't call it gimped.

Depends on the damage of HL.

I could runcast a 500% HL. But does that make me uber? :p

Scikar
29-04-04, 19:28
When you can cast damage boost yourself, yes. :)

Shadow Dancer
29-04-04, 19:28
When you can cast damage boost yourself, yes. :)

Depends, what dmg% is the damage boost?

Scikar
29-04-04, 19:29
Didn't think it made much difference about the dmg% on damage boost in PvP.

You'll have to ask Glok or someone how it actually turns out, the hybrid I play has blessed defence. :)

Shadow Dancer
29-04-04, 19:30
Didn't think it made much difference about the dmg% on damage boost in PvP.

Hell yea it matters. :wtf:

You'll have to ask Glok or someone how it actually turns out, the hybrid I play has blessed defence. :)

Is your hybrid using a kami cheep?

bounty
29-04-04, 19:31
hey hey, look at me, all joining the anti para movement!

Cruzbroker
29-04-04, 19:43

huh, lol? :D

Scikar
29-04-04, 19:58
No. It's PPU biased, a kami would cost me points, whereas it frees points for an APU biased hybrid.

Original monk
29-04-04, 20:05
No. It's PPU biased, a kami would cost me points, whereas it frees points for an APU biased hybrid.

points are not worth the hassles ... 1 for the price of the kami and 2 even if you have one it really fucks up youre defense ... the pierce is ok .. but the energy is horrible .. even with the shelter you will live in fear for everything that does serieus energy damage and why should you if it works in other ways also ...

hybrids need a few tweaks, a littlebit lower req's of certain midlevel apuspells would be really cool allready :P

Scikar
29-04-04, 20:13
points are not worth the hassles ... 1 for the price of the kami and 2 even if you have one it really fucks up youre defense ... the pierce is ok .. but the energy is horrible .. even with the shelter you will live in fear for everything that does serieus energy damage and why should you if it works in other ways also ...

hybrids need a few tweaks, a littlebit lower req's of certain midlevel apuspells would be really cool allready :P

Open your mind a little. Imagine a standard APU. Now give him a heal, damage boost, able to self buff (though not psi combat), with slightly less damage on his HL (made up for by the DB), along with improved protection to xray and fire. That's a current APU biased hybrid with a kami chip. Not fucked up defence at all when you compare it to APU.

Points are everything when it comes to setups (obvious statement of the year). Considering everything by point value is what turns a mediocre setup into the best.

Shadow Dancer
29-04-04, 20:13

So if you have bless defense, what is your apu spell? Holy energy halo?

EDIT:Um sci, with a kami chip, I find it hard to believe an "apu" biased hybrid still being able to effectively cast HL and somehow have similar defense to an apu.

Scikar
29-04-04, 20:17
Offense is TL37 energy halo atm, only have 85 base PSI so holy is a little way off yet (not sure if I can use it without taking some PPW, mana pool 300 atm).

If you want to see an APU biased kami hybrid in action, have a look for Sekhmet in Mirror-Shades on Pluto.

Shadow Dancer
29-04-04, 20:20
If you want to see an APU biased kami hybrid in action, have a look for Sekhmet in Mirror-Shades on Pluto.

Will do.

extract
29-04-04, 20:41
blessed shelter, holy halo hybrid sucks, first off to lvl them anymore is insanely slow, especially when your restricted to a TL 55 weapon...

furthermore, holy halo, whether nerfed or whatever it did it sucks ass as far as dmg dealt, with DB I did a whoppin 10 dmg to a tank whilst he did 70+ per CS burst luckily my heal could barely keep up...it wouldve taken me a week to beat him, by the time i did have him to 1/2 health(10 minutes later) he just zoned and came back full health anyways

the only really viable is beam with TL 25 shelter to keep u alive just a lil longer

imo

Dru Blood
29-04-04, 20:44
hybrids are viable ive seen proof a certain hybrid monk on saturn is fantastic, sure hes sensative to my holy lightning but in 1v1 combat ive mostly seen him win.

think his setup is psikami / ds / psi core / exp psi cont 3

hes cool.

edit:: the only thing gimped i bet is his psi pool.

Scikar
29-04-04, 20:48
blessed shelter, holy halo hybrid sucks, first off to lvl them anymore is insanely slow, especially when your restricted to a TL 55 weapon...

furthermore, holy halo, whether nerfed or whatever it did it sucks ass as far as dmg dealt, with DB I did a whoppin 10 dmg to a tank whilst he did 70+ per CS burst luckily my heal could barely keep up...it wouldve taken me a week to beat him, by the time i did have him to 1/2 health(10 minutes later) he just zoned and came back full health anyways

the only really viable is beam with TL 25 shelter to keep u alive just a lil longer

imo
I think you may have missed it, but I have a setup with 99% protection against everything except poison. I outheal CS for the most part. I'm doing about 15 per hit with TL37 energy halo so holy halo would do a fair bit more I imagine. If you're taking 70 damage from a CS then your defence is only at PE level, you can go way above that on a blessed hybrid.

The damage can't be any higher than that because the defence is so good. When you can outheal pretty much anything it's not going to be balanced if you're hitting for 30 or 50 a shot. That's the only problem with hybrids - there is nothing in between the excellent defence blessed hybrid and the moderate defence APU biased hybrid. But both are still viable.

extract
29-04-04, 20:56
I think you may have missed it, but I have a setup with 99% protection against everything except poison. I outheal CS for the most part. I'm doing about 15 per hit with TL37 energy halo so holy halo would do a fair bit more I imagine. If you're taking 70 damage from a CS then your defence is only at PE level, you can go way above that on a blessed hybrid.

The damage can't be any higher than that because the defence is so good. When you can outheal pretty much anything it's not going to be balanced if you're hitting for 30 or 50 a shot. That's the only problem with hybrids - there is nothing in between the excellent defence blessed hybrid and the moderate defence APU biased hybrid. But both are still viable.

the only class that gets 99% protection from anything is a PPU....200 armor doesnt even add 99% protection, also add even a blessed shelter your still not at 99%, were you using the skill manager again? :p

even chars that get holy shelter/def cast on them aint even that protected, callin the BS flag here...........

Divide
29-04-04, 20:59
hybrids are viable ive seen proof a certain hybrid monk on saturn is fantastic, sure hes sensative to my holy lightning but in 1v1 combat ive mostly seen him win.

think his setup is psikami / ds / psi core / exp psi cont 3

hes cool.

edit:: the only thing gimped i bet is his psi pool.

and his pierce... and more than likely his energy is at a almost laughable amount.

I tried to make a kami hybrid setup with a good con setup without him being one odd sumbitch-- failed. would have done it if I could have stretched my con points a little better, but with a kami in, you really cant do it without drugs.

Dargeshaad
29-04-04, 21:03
yea the exp psi 3 has to go and add a ppr instead, then it's possible to get enr 120+ and prc 75 or so

Divide
29-04-04, 21:07
yea the exp psi 3 has to go and add a ppr instead, then it's possible to get enr 120+ and prc 75 or so

You will still have fairly gimped resists or a tiny ass health pool-- again that is unless you drug for xray bones-- which would fucking be the win, but I dont care to use drugs on my chars permanently-- so my 455% 93freq hl and dboosting non-kami hybrid does the trick.

I love being able to take down ppu's by myself again.

Scikar
29-04-04, 21:11
the only class that gets 99% protection from anything is a PPU....200 armor doesnt even add 99% protection, also add even a blessed shelter your still not at 99%, were you using the skill manager again? :p

even chars that get holy shelter/def cast on them aint even that protected, callin the BS flag here...........99% by the skillmanager absorb value yes, I tend to quote that when it's not accurate I know, it just snaps to it from around 95% IIRC. Not sure exactly what's up with the skillmanager TBH, perhaps Smoker knows something I don't.

EDIT: Usually I just work by armor values alone, I don't bother with the percentages from shelter/deflector. From that point it has APU armor, but can cast heat/haz and melee. Also room for a moveon and a PPR.

What I can say is, I've done a lot of duels with it, and I've spent almost all the time at full health, even when I got hit with TL3 heal I survived, and healed back up to full in one or two heals, even while being shot at. Bless heal/bless shelter/holy deflector really is uber defence. When you think that a PPU outheals even HL almost effortlessly with holy shelter up, and there isn't a great deal of difference between blessed shelter and holy shelter. Blessed heal is a fair step down, but it's not like you're ever standing still and making an easy target.

Xiphias
29-04-04, 21:21
I've tried and tested a holy fire lance/ psi attack 2 monk with blessed shelter/heal and holy def.

i can reach a psi pool of about 320 and using moveon can still have extreme resists and and have a pretty high runspeed and hlt, this also counteracts the force and str nerf from the exp controller 3 and with basic resist 3 you can still have a high force resist.

holy fire lance hurts most things except monks, and to kill the monks use psi attack2

i've tried and tested it on the ts, not quite got to that lvl on retail but if anyone wants to come have a go on ts be my guest :D