PDA

View Full Version : This is so sad...

mishkin
29-04-04, 12:11
The last weeks "I'm leaving the game, cya all when BDoY comes..." and "KK please fix this or we will leave" - threads, have just made me sick.

If you leave, let that be your own fucking problem. Most of us dont wanna know, if you want someone to know, dm them ingame or just send a pm...
If you want kk to know, mail them, Im sure they read their mail although it might be hard to get an answer....

Second, we all know kk needs to do something about their advertising and the game too, like adding new contents.... But it doesnt help that 20+ people say the same thing over and over in 50+ threads o_O
I know I would get a permanent headache or even some psychic problems if I was a dev at kk reading these things :rolleyes:

It just makes people stop reading the forums, because there is nothing new here... Just a pleed to the whole of the community... Keep some stuff for yourself, coz no-one is interested 8|

Furion
29-04-04, 12:15
yeah, and keep your opinions to urself also! cuz no one wants to hear them!

eh... O_o

-=BlackBeard=-
29-04-04, 12:17
cya then furion give me the adres to ure para sig :D

MkVenner
29-04-04, 12:18
i agree with you mishkin...harsh

harsh but fair :p

not much more i can say lol....

ezza
29-04-04, 12:18
aye all the leaving threads bore me, like i want to know your going, who cares your gone, if you want people to know PM the people who are gonna care

VetteroX
29-04-04, 12:23
Nobody cares about the opinions of someone whos been playing since march 2004... KK lies endlessly. If you can have fun with 200 people on a whole server... great for you... the rest of us are pissed about the constant barrage of lies from KK and we like to voice our opinions. If you dont like leaving/complaining threads, dont read them, because people arent gonna stop posting em.

MkVenner
29-04-04, 12:27
that dates when he joined the forums, not the game...

numb
29-04-04, 12:30
If you dont like it, dont read it.

People are entitled to voice their complaints and express that it has lead to them leaving on the forum. Quit your moaning.

Argent
29-04-04, 12:33
It's called freedom of speech. Which is a tad limited here though :-)

If you don't like it, ignore it?

MkVenner
29-04-04, 12:34
People are entitled to voice their complaints and express that it has lead to them leaving on the forum. Quit your moaning.
isn't that a tad hipocriticle? and i know i cant spell

mishkin
29-04-04, 12:34
I've been playing since last autumn... september sometime I think.

I liked the game from the start, not much more to say about that.

This forum should be a medium by which to share new ideas, not specifically to give kk a list of what to fix (Im sure they know 99% of the stuff that needs fixing, since people have been making new threads about it since forever :p), or to say that youre leaving because of this and that so that anyone who might be interested in trying the game will be scared off... o_O

I mean, if I'd read the forum before I joined, and I'd have read all these posts about how the server population needs to be raised... I would probably have abandoned the thought of joining :rolleyes:

Anyway, please give it some thought :)

VetteroX
29-04-04, 12:45
put yourself in my shoes... or someone whos played longer then I have. I have played since september 2002. I enjoyed the game for a long time, but imagine constant lies from a company... imagine them changing lom pills to take away a whole level with one use, without warning us first (they said it was comming later, not in the patch that was released) and then hundreds of players getting screwed. Imagine them lieing about DoY many times... im talking many, many times. imagine them making a bugged patch.... then not fixing it for days and days and days. or, releasing a bad patch on thursday or friday thats bugged, and instead of working to fix it over the weekend like a professional company would fix their OWN mistakes, they take the weekend off anyway with the blaitent msg "yeah we screwed up, but tough luck, kiss our ass"

One thing that REALLY pisses me off, is they KEEP doing the same bad things... if you cant stick to a DoY release day STOP GIVING US DATES!!!! admit you cant stick to it, appologise, and just give updates each month about your progress.

and they keep making idiotic mistakes that just piss people off... that their players could tell em not to do... ex long before you began playing, they cut the loot drops from fire mobs and wbs and boss monsters by like 1/10... no joke, 1/10 as much loot dropped after this one patch, way way back. like, 1/3 the population left because of that... and do they admit thier mistake? or fix it fast? NO took em months to fix.

And then their little white lies... for example, their were people waiting and waiting, for over a year, desperite for PE/Spy pa. agin, and again, and again, it was delayed. THen FINNALY a patch was announced "pe/spy pa comming out next patch" there was joy throughout the community... then the patch came.... no pe/spy pa.... and you know what KK said? "Oh, its IN the patch.... we just havnt ACTIVATED it yet (even though we know 90% of players are dieing for it) I sware to god if they had siad it in person I would have had to be held back by people or I would have attacked them...

Its just the rotten type of attitude they have... always lieing, always skirting around the truth, never appologising, always seeing the comminity as the evil whiners and themselves as in the right.

I could sit here all day making examples... fact is, if you cad begun in the begining of retail, you would see the game in a much differnt light. We have lost our faith, and we have our reasons.

numb
29-04-04, 12:51
isn't that a tad hipocriticle? and i know i cant spell

yeah :) I just returned here realising what I'd said..

extract
29-04-04, 13:11
I have played since september 2002.

sept of 2002 - present is a long time in fact I bet most of you cant name 5 other games that kept you interested for as long, thats got to be saying something, personally I hit the "Ive done it all" mark about around 8 months in, now this game is merely a log on for a little while here and there and its alot more fun that way, the problem with most of us, is that we cant see past our computer monitors(not all unlike I was for about a year) where all we do/did is sit at the damn thing all day and night, go out, get a beer with your friends, there is a whole world out there, get away from the game for more than 2 hours a day and Im sure you will find a newfound love for the game again, I know I did.......

Phantium
29-04-04, 13:29
Sheesh stop making such a point of it and play or get a life. :rolleyes:

Dajuda
29-04-04, 14:59
I care that over 1/2 of the community has gone, if you dont .. thats your problem.

Kenjuten
29-04-04, 15:06
I could sit here all day making examples... fact is, if you cad begun in the begining of retail, you would see the game in a much differnt light. We have lost our faith, and we have our reasons.
Mm. I spent a lot of time looking through Neocron's past (including my own participation in Beta4), and I do understand why people are being as they are.

Oldies I mean. Newbies don't really have too much reason to bitch. ^^;

Lafiel
29-04-04, 15:11
a wine post about not wining LOL ... this 1 here is an award winner

Strych9
29-04-04, 15:19
I have been playing since before you... this forum account wasnt even my main, my main used to be Pikachoad, and it was started several months before this one. So dont try any "you newb" stuff with me. ;)
put yourself in my shoes... or someone whos played longer then I have. I have played since september 2002. I enjoyed the game for a long time, but imagine constant lies from a company... imagine them changing lom pills to take away a whole level with one use, without warning us first (they said it was comming later, not in the patch that was released) and then hundreds of players getting screwed. Imagine them lieing about DoY many times... im talking many, many times. imagine them making a bugged patch.... then not fixing it for days and days and days. or, releasing a bad patch on thursday or friday thats bugged, and instead of working to fix it over the weekend like a professional company would fix their OWN mistakes, they take the weekend off anyway with the blaitent msg "yeah we screwed up, but tough luck, kiss our ass" Imagine you having a way to show you are unhappy such as... I dunno... leaving the game. But yet you stayed and you paid and you played. Clearly, you are either a person with little to no conviction... OR the problems you describe above are not nearly as bad as you make them out to be.
One thing that REALLY pisses me off, is they KEEP doing the same bad things... if you cant stick to a DoY release day STOP GIVING US DATES!!!! admit you cant stick to it, appologise, and just give updates each month about your progress.Admittedly, its frustrating to be given dates that arent even closely adhered to.

BUT surely Vett you recognize that if they were to "STOP GIVING US DATES!!!" that people would bitch about THAT as well, right? Its a lose/lose situation for them. Sometimes they cannot accurately give a date cause they simply do not/can not know. Yet if they give no date they are ignoring us. Give a date and miss it they are lying to us.
Its just the rotten type of attitude they have... always lieing, always skirting around the truth, never appologising, always seeing the comminity as the evil whiners and themselves as in the right.Its just the rotten type of attitude some of the players have... always bitching, always demanding answers to questions when KK doesnt have the answer, and then moaning when they do get an answer... never apologizing, always seeing KK as the evil comglomerate and themselves as in the right.

So what is different about what I said and what you said? The difference is that players can choose to leave if they are unhappy. Yet instead they stick around, paying, bitching, moaning, and expect to be taken seriously?

Just like with para... JUST like with para. Apparently EVERYONE hates it, yet everyone keeps using it over and over. What is KK to believe, in game actions or in forum polls?
I could sit here all day making examples... fact is, if you cad begun in the begining of retail, you would see the game in a much differnt light. We have lost our faith, and we have our reasons.When you say we, make sure you qualify that as to who "we" is. Its quite easy to not be pleased with what KK has done AND STILL have faith that things will get better and STILL not bitch about it every chance you get.

Benjie
29-04-04, 15:32
Nobody cares about the opinions of someone whos been playing since march 2004...
I care what he thinks. Just because he joined the forums almost two months ago doesn't mean he is stupid. Although asuming he is stupid beause he joined the forum two months ago is stupid.

I also agree with him. I think the forum moderaters should not only close these threads, but delete them too. Say your goodbyes in game and what not.

*edit*
If his opinion is so not valid, then how come he has raised such a good point?
VettroX please just shut up with this whole; "I've been here longer than you so stfu!!"

Forget My Name
29-04-04, 15:38
hhaha, Strych9 like being crapped on and doesn't even see it. VetteroX, I am glad you have opened your eyes. Good.

Last year in January the Ceo Martin got caught in his won lie, obviously. The community did nothing for him to lie. None of us visited him at his home and held him at gun point and then told him to lie to his customers.

Bad business. You reap what you sow.

Simple undisputable fact. Pluto at release had 600 people at peak, now it has, what? 70, 100 on a sunday afternoon? I guess 500 active peak players who have left must not know what they are talking about.

And everyone knows, we all all Neocron fanboys, this is an underground game, only those who ADORE the game play it, but the company that runs the game is a pile of crap.

So get this straight, there is a difference between the Game and the Company. Most people left because of KK's problems ( lies, lies lies), not the games.

I posted this once before, and I will say it again...

SHADOWBANE..... two weeks ago, a server went down for maintenance, and instead of being down for 1 hour, it was down for 6 hours.... you know what Wolfpack did? Wolfpack Apolgised publicaly and said they were sorry. They, on their very own ************ forums, siad they fucked up, and that they would make it up to THEIR CUSTOMERS.... All servers got a X2 exp increase and a x2 gold drop increase for 1 week! Then, after they say that the community liked it, they added an extra week and a half!

Now THAT is good business....

Shadowbane - Game is shit, company is great
Neocron - Game is great, company is shit

and it is the company that drives the game, so a shit company, guess what, drives a great game into the dirt.

Shadow Dancer
29-04-04, 15:40
a wine post about not wining LOL ... this 1 here is an award winner

rofl

I care that over 1/2 of the community has gone, if you dont .. thats your problem.

AMEN daj.

I agree with strych's point about not giving a date. They would get bitched at either way.

Just like with para... JUST like with para. Apparently EVERYONE hates it, yet everyone keeps using it over and over. What is KK to believe, in game actions or in forum polls?

Please tell me you're joking. Back in the days when EVERYONE used freezers, almost every still hated it. But it was like you almost had to use it to compete. Back when hybrids were super overpowered, alot of monks were hybrids. If suddenly the newbie knife became bugged and started killing in one hit, i'm sure alot of people would use that too. C'mon Strych, this is a weak point you have made.

Besides, it IS possible to use para, but still hate it and want it removed.

Forget My Name
29-04-04, 15:45
para should be removed in all forms except for ppus with a weaker form of it.

and yes, it is sad, that we must use that which we hate just to stay competetive. its a horrid circle.

Celt
29-04-04, 15:47
26 people on pluto

<3
As I've said before:

Great game, terrible company.

Archeus
29-04-04, 15:49

Yea well we will build our own community with Blackjack and Hookers! On second thoughts forget the community. :p

Strych9
29-04-04, 16:11
hhaha, Strych9 like being crapped on and doesn't even see it.hhaha, FMN cant distinguish between not seeing something, and not bitching like a child about it.

Seriously, if you go to a movie that sucks, do you stay there and watch it? If you go to a restaurant and the food is unbearable, do you stay and order dessert? If I ran a restaurant, and you complained about how awful the meal was and about how I lied to you about the price of the food... BUT YOU KEEP COMING BACK EVERY EVENING TO EAT AGAIN... your comments would start to become meaningless to me. And I would have to assume its not as bad as you claim.

I enjoy playing Neocron. I am not playing it NOW only because of what might come in the FUTURE. I am playing it NOW because I am enjoying it NOW. If they never changed a thing in the game in terms of content, I would still play it as long as it is fun.

If you dont like the game, leave. If you dont like "being lied to" then leave. Its JUST that simple. If you have fun playing the game, then play, and stop acting like its the end of the world when KK has to change their deployment schedule.

Strych9
29-04-04, 16:16
Please tell me you're joking. Back in the days when EVERYONE used freezers, almost every still hated it. But it was like you almost had to use it to compete. Back when hybrids were super overpowered, alot of monks were hybrids. If suddenly the newbie knife became bugged and started killing in one hit, i'm sure alot of people would use that too. C'mon Strych, this is a weak point you have made.Weak perhaps, but still valid.

The claim is that para ruins PvP. No- its people that use para that ruin PvP. Nothing MAKES anyone use para. Its a choice you make. You can claim "well HE used it, so *I* have to use it as well" but thats just as weak, if not weaker, than my argument is anyway.

Let me ask you- if YOU were working on a game, how would you guage the value of a weapon or spell? Would you look inthe forums, filled with flames and posts made by only a vocal few... or would you look at see how things ACTUALLY play out in the game itself?
Besides, it IS possible to use para, but still hate it and want it removed.Sure its possible. And its called being a hypocrite.

Just like you can hate exploits, but still use one to level. Or just like you can say that you hate newb PKing but then go PK newbs.

The point here was that if people are TRULY offended by what KK does... why dont they leave?

I say its because its not that bad, and they just like bitching and raising their post count. :angel:

Shadow Dancer
29-04-04, 16:28
Weak perhaps, but still valid.

I disagree, I don't think it's valid.

The claim is that para ruins PvP. No- its people that use para that ruin PvP. Nothing MAKES anyone use para. Its a choice you make. You can claim "well HE used it, so *I* have to use it as well" but thats just as weak, if not weaker, than my argument is anyway.

It's not weak at all. I'll explain in a sec.

Let me ask you- if YOU were working on a game, how would you guage the value of a weapon or spell? Would you look inthe forums, filled with flames and posts made by only a vocal few... or would you look at see how things ACTUALLY play out in the game itself?

I would guage it first of all by actually playing the game. Also, there's more than a "vocal few" on the forums. Secondly, I personally see ALOT of people complaining about para IN-GAME! So once again you don't make a good point IMO. And the complaints I hear about para in-game, are actually alot more than I see on the forums.

Once again, my point about overpowered hybrids and the bugged knife are valid and true. If something is overpowered or unbalanced, it WILL be used and used alot. That doesn't make it ok.

You say it's not para that ruins pvp but players using para? Strych no offense, you make some great arguement sometimes. But I feel like when you have no real arguement, you tend to stretch and exaggerate things. Like the time you said self-cast shields would be a boost for apus since they would be doing their apu damage all the time. Neglecting to mention the same would happen to all other combat classes.

By your logic, if nothing is wrong with para but only players using para then there's no need ever to fix anything. Overpowered hybrids? Who cares, just don't play em. Bugged knife that kills in one hit? So what, just don't use it. There's a reason game developers set limits in games. That's because the average person doesn't have the willpower to not use something if it's right their accessible. Otherwise they could start you off with 20 mil and all equip, and then say "if you get bored quick, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE USED IT".

Give me a break Strych. Odin himself said he wanted anti para drugs to give a temporary IMMUNITY to paralyze. And he's KK.

Forget My Name
29-04-04, 16:38
well, lets see, strych9, you dont undertand this at all because you like being crapped on.

"Seriously, if you go to a movie that sucks, do you stay there and watch it? If you go to a restaurant and the food is unbearable, do you stay and order dessert? If I ran a restaurant, and you complained about how awful the meal was and about how I lied to you about the price of the food... BUT YOU KEEP COMING BACK EVERY EVENING TO EAT AGAIN... your comments would start to become meaningless to me. And I would have to assume its not as bad as you claim." -Fanboy Strych9

Let me put it in a way that you will understand, because all those examples ahve nothign to do with what I am talking about.

Ever see Sienfeld? Ever see the Soup ************ episode? That is what I am talking about. The food is great ( the game is great ) but the ownder drives people crazy, and like Elaine, she decided the soup wasn't worth the aggrivation of being shit on by the owner. The Soup ************ Owner ( KK) treats the customers with disrespect and ill manners because he knows people are DUMB and STUPID enough to spend money on his good food. He pulls his pants down, craps all over your face, and YOU like it! Get me? You like being yelled at, crapped on and shit on by KK because you like the game, alot of us DONT

Sure we like the soup ( the game ) but the shitting on isnt worth it anymore by the soup ************ owner ( KK ).

Get me?

You gave horrid examples because you dont understand what I am talking about. I am not talking about hating the movie, I am talking about hating the movie THEATER. I am not talking about hating the food, I am talknig about hating the resturant.

I know for a 100% internet fact that strych9 will not understand this given 5 million years, but does anyone else undertsand what I am talking about?

By me being on the forums, I just cant let go of old habbits. You may not eat the soup anymore, but you still walk past the eatery just so you can see the menu and remember the good times you had with the food ( the game) from time to time.

Right now, I am playing shadowbane. Sure the food fucking sucks ass, and tastes like shit ( the game ) but you know what? The resuraunt owner ( Wolfpack ) not only hangs up my coat for me, but gives me the best seat in the house and treats me with respect.

I respect good business with bad products over bad business with good products. NOw, go ahead, quote this saying and take it all out of context, because I know you cant help but to aurgue with logic Strych9. Let the fanboyism commence!

extract
29-04-04, 17:13
I think everyone here cares about the loss of the community population....

but I also think that all these leaving threads are retarded....first off people think they are going to accomplish something, its like this whole mentality "if i make a leaving thread when 10 other people do, maybe well get a patch tommorow"

Im willing to bet that only about 60% of people who make leaving threads actually quit the game....

vettero for instance had a leaving thread like 2 weeks or more ago, yet here he is today still on the forums.....

also i see a thread at least once a week where some totally new person wants to know abnout the game, yet all he sees is "this game sucks" "fuck you KK!! give us a patch you dont care about your customers" into the forum walked that noob with intent to buy, out walks the noob laughing going damn Im glad i didnt buy this game....

I agree with the whole leave the thread to yourself notion, i mean shit they get closed anyways, so really all it is, is a billboard stating the obvious....someone who were possibly never going to see again...

I care about population I do, and if these people who quit did as well, they wouldnt have left/leave

Strych9
29-04-04, 17:17
You analogy sucks FMN.

1. Only two people in that episode had ANY issue with the SN. Everyone else had no problem with the peculiar ordering format in order to get the best soup ever.

2. Elain didnt keep going back to the SN and complaining about the service AND demanding soup. When she decided to go back there, it was only to try and shut him down. Had she never have found those recipes, she never would have been back.

So I am Jerry- I like the soup, and I readily and easily tolerate the ordering process for the soup. You are Elaine- you like the soup but dont like the Soup ************.

Difference is that the SN doesnt "crap on my face"... and its not that I "dont see it or dont realize it." I pay the money and get my soup.

The other difference is that unlike Elaine, you are lingering and bitching.
Right now, I am playing shadowbane. Sure the food fucking sucks ass, and tastes like shit ( the game ) but you know what? The resuraunt owner ( Wolfpack ) not only hangs up my coat for me, but gives me the best seat in the house and treats me with respect.I love this.

I get the best soup ever, and simply have to pay a certain way.

You eat food that fucking sucks ass and tastes like shit, yet you get your coat hungup for you and a good seat.

And *I* am the one with a problem here?

Hope you at least get a breath mint for when you are done.

RuButt
29-04-04, 17:46
i think its intresting whos leaving.. and yeah, ppl do care.

MegaCorp
29-04-04, 17:49
When you are a paying customer you have the *right* to complain about the service, product, or the people involved when you are dissatisfied. And the *only* hope of changing things when polite requests stop working is to *complain*. And to complain loudly and often. The old timers in this game (myself included - my forum date is way later than my gaming start date) have shown very great patience, and have made the polite requests for many many many months. But the anger and frustration has built up and is now being vented - by people leaving and by people flaming. To expect us to be lovey-dovey with KK and say only nice things or keep quiet is like looking at the world through rose colored glasses. KK *needs* to hear the unhappiness, repeatedly, so that they fully understand how unhappy many of its customers are ... customers who if they remained quiet and steamed nonvocally would only give KK even more excuses to continue ignoring the problems (old adage: out of sight out of mind). So many of us *wont* go away. We *wont* let KK forget or ignore the problems. We *wont* stop demanding that they make good on promises to paying customers and provide us the support and content they *owe* us for the monthly cash we are paying them. KK has a damn good game here. But their service and support has been crappy, and their lies and excuses are growing intolerable.

KK: i swear you have the worst track record of any company i have ever had the misfortune to deal with, but you have a fine game ... *please* get your act together and start behaving professionally.

Spook

Shakari
29-04-04, 18:23
Nobody cares about the opinions of someone whos been playing since march 2004... KK lies endlessly. If you can have fun with 200 people on a whole server... great for you... the rest of us are pissed about the constant barrage of lies from KK and we like to voice our opinions. If you dont like leaving/complaining threads, dont read them, because people arent gonna stop posting em.

Yup I agree with Vet here HE like myself is a veteran on NC :)

I have been playing NC since Beta 4 and have seen KK make promises and set dead lines and not keep them, infact I can't remember the last time they kept there word to a deadline they announced, but PPL like myself have put up with it.

And I notice that all the ppl saying Shutup are NOOBs with no post count and are NEW to the game, so how about STFU untill you have been playing NC for 2 years or more and see if you still think the same way......

do you remember when at peak times pluto had near 1000 ppl playing at one time.... Saturn did that to far more often.... and so many ppl in plaza one you could hardly move for the lag created by 100 or so 0/0 no name PE's :D:D

or how about DOY being release in april 2003.......

am i making my point.... I hope so, respect PPL who have played this game longer than you, they actually in most cases know what there talking about

40$Poser
29-04-04, 18:26
The last weeks "I'm leaving the game, cya all when BDoY comes..." and "KK please fix this or we will leave" - threads, have just made me sick.

If you leave, let that be your own fucking problem. Most of us dont wanna know, if you want someone to know, dm them ingame or just send a pm...
If you want kk to know, mail them, Im sure they read their mail although it might be hard to get an answer....

Second, we all know kk needs to do something about their advertising and the game too, like adding new contents.... But it doesnt help that 20+ people say the same thing over and over in 50+ threads o_O
I know I would get a permanent headache or even some psychic problems if I was a dev at kk reading these things :rolleyes:

It just makes people stop reading the forums, because there is nothing new here... Just a pleed to the whole of the community... Keep some stuff for yourself, coz no-one is interested 8|

and leave the modding/warning to moderators eh... unless your trying to come off as a wannabe copbot. People do have a right to post their leaving the game, so what... don't read it if you don't like the threads. Or is that too hard for you to do. I mean, ignoring leaving threads and going about your own thing.

Forget My Name
29-04-04, 18:55
You analogy sucks FMN.

1. Only two people in that episode had ANY issue with the SN. Everyone else had no problem with the peculiar ordering format in order to get the best soup ever.

2. Elain didnt keep going back to the SN and complaining about the service AND demanding soup. When she decided to go back there, it was only to try and shut him down. Had she never have found those recipes, she never would have been back.

So I am Jerry- I like the soup, and I readily and easily tolerate the ordering process for the soup. You are Elaine- you like the soup but dont like the Soup ************.

Difference is that the SN doesnt "crap on my face"... and its not that I "dont see it or dont realize it." I pay the money and get my soup.

The other difference is that unlike Elaine, you are lingering and bitching.I love this.

I get the best soup ever, and simply have to pay a certain way.

You eat food that fucking sucks ass and tastes like shit, yet you get your coat hungup for you and a good seat.

And *I* am the one with a problem here?

Hope you at least get a breath mint for when you are done.

You are right, you win :)

Good job VetteroX and the rest of you.

EXAMPLE - Right now the shadowbane servers went down for a patch, and when it came up, teh double exp gain that was supposed to last until may 5th reset to its normal values.

Wolfpack sent a server wisde message 15 minutes into the game and said servers are going down for 20 minutes to fix the problem. Not only that, but for 20 minutes of inconvienience, they added and extra day of double exp, until the 6th.

Strych9, you are sooo right...

Strych9
29-04-04, 19:04
You are right, you win :)

Good job VetteroX and the rest of you.

EXAMPLE - Right now the shadowbane servers went down for a patch, and when it came up, teh double exp gain that was supposed to last until may 5th reset to its normal values.

Wolfpack sent a server wisde message 15 minutes into the game and said servers are going down for 20 minutes to fix the problem. Not only that, but for 20 minutes of inconvienience, they added and extra day of double exp, until the 6th.

Strych9, you are sooo right...Nah, you are right. Double experience in a game that you admit "fucking sucks ass" and "tastes like shit".... that must pwn. So I guess we are both fanbois, eh?

Forget My Name
29-04-04, 19:06
Nah, you are right. Double experience in a game that you admit "fucking sucks ass" and "tastes like shit".... that must pwn. So I guess we are both fanbois, eh?

Dude, why do you care? You won. the end. I said you are right, you win.

Congrats.

Shakari
29-04-04, 19:19
Sheesh stop making such a point of it and play or get a life. :rolleyes:
Join Date: April 2004 < my point exactally in about a year or so I'll pay attention to your comments lol about my rights to complain

I'm make the point lol its perfectly valid

PPL come into the game great but know nothing about whats happened in the past and the games history or comunity and then think they can tell ppl who have played the game from the start they have no right to bitch, complain or criticize, and I have a life :) a good one actually :D shocking as that may sound lol

but look at it from my point of view and not your own :) I actaully know KK's history only to well lol

Forget My Name
29-04-04, 19:35
Yeah, sorry about us being jaded.

Neocron, well, is an underground game. It has been supported by only a handful of people -compared- to other mmorpgs. I guess alot of us made the mistake in thinking we could help shape this game and make a difference, and when we get treated like crap for our support, we feel like we fail or that we got a knife put in our backs, so we left.

We all fell in love with a game that was completely differnet than ALL OTHER mmorpgs out there, and saw this potential, but we feel that for our efforts in keeping this game afloat, we got shit on, so we bounced.

As for being new, I wish I was in your shoes.... I really do. The magic of this game is dead for me. I really envy you in this regard.

Good luck and stay strong.

shodanjr_gr
29-04-04, 21:26

Damn something is wrong. Lately i find myself aggreing with Vet more and more...

ezza
30-04-04, 02:02
lol im finding myself agree less and less with his recent postings and i was one of the ones who used to agree with him.

i still enjoy the game so i guess i dont see it the way some people do

uber java
30-04-04, 02:19

Amen.

Scikar
30-04-04, 02:41

Dunno bout you but I prefer a company that doesn't try to pay me off with an in-game XP boost when they screw something up. All the powerlevellers probably look forward to server crashes because it means a week of levelling their chars at double speed.

Apologise = good.
Try to fob players off with bonus XP = bad.

MC5 is closed atm. Imagine if KK gave every player a free MC5 of their choice to make up for it. Presto, one supposedly rare item for every player in the game, and anyone who spent time doing the work for one finds out they've wasted it.

Now, if they said "We'd like to apologise for the server crash by releasing this new stuff we had planned for the next patch. We were going to save it and release it with the next patch together with a batch of fixes and tweaks but we figure it's a good way of saying sorry." That would be more like it.

Btw, the point about leaving threads, is that you're supposed to post them when you leave. Not when you feel like having a bitching session. Damn right, KK's record is nothing to be proud of. But if you're not going to give them a chance to make up for it, why post? The point of complaining is to get something changed for the better, right? So why do we get all the sarcastic posts 24/7 about how DoY is never going to be released and NC is dead etc?

If someone says "I'm fed up of this, I quit. I don't believe KK are going to improve, so I'm out. I suggest to KK that they buck their ideas up, establish some better communication and get some decent servers in." Fair enough. But when people say "I've cancelled my account. KK suck, DoY is never going to be released. There's loads of bugs that need fixing in this game but KK are never going to fix them." And then they carry on posting, and they have to post in every KK announcement "I bet you won't meet that deadline." "This patch sucks and won't save the game." And so on. That's when you're not complaining, you're just ranting for the sake of it.

trigger hurt
30-04-04, 02:51
Actually, i think it's pretty obvious kk doesnt give a shit...they stopped wanted feedback sometime last year when they started telling me to stop sending callstack logs everytime i crashed. Seems 10 emails a day cluttered up their mailboxes.

-FN-
30-04-04, 03:01

I'm still here.... *tear*

suler
30-04-04, 05:58
A BITCHING THREAD BITCHING ABOUT PEOPLE MAKING LEAVING THREADS BECAUSE HE THINKS THEY ARE BITCHING.

WE'VE NEVER SEEN THESE BEFORE AND THEY SURE ARE PRODUCTIVE!!!

EDIT: uh didn't notice somebody else already commented on that.

Kenjuten
30-04-04, 06:20
Right, pretty soon people are gonna start bitching that people are bitching about other people bitching.

Wait, that already happened on this thread TOO! :D

The cycle never ends.

Estabin
30-04-04, 06:59
Right, pretty soon people are gonna start bitching that people are bitching about other people bitching.

Wait, that already happened on this thread TOO! :D

The cycle never ends.

Hey! Don't you start bitching about those people who are bitching about the people bitching about the other people who started bitching about the people bitching when they leave the game.....*pants* *pants* *passes out*

MegaCorp
30-04-04, 07:06
:lol:

Spook

P.S. Nice sequence of messages, you got a laugh outa me.

Marshall1
30-04-04, 11:38
GO HERE FOR MY OPPOIN ON THIS THREAD AND OTHERS LIKE IT ALSO NEWBIES WHO READ THIS GO HERE
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=97923

naimex
30-04-04, 11:40
caps lock = sticky :confused: :wtf:

Oath
30-04-04, 11:54
A BITCHING THREAD BITCHING ABOUT PEOPLE MAKING LEAVING THREADS BECAUSE HE THINKS THEY ARE BITCHING.

WE'VE NEVER SEEN THESE BEFORE AND THEY SURE ARE PRODUCTIVE!!!

EDIT: uh didn't notice somebody else already commented on that.

As opposed to Capslock being equally productive?

suler
30-04-04, 23:48
AS OPPOSED TO ASKING ABOUT CAPSLOCK BEING EVEN MORE PRODUCTIVE?

Kenjuten
30-04-04, 23:56
As to asking about whether asking about capslock is more productive?

Jeez, you're spamming your ass off and you know it.

suler
01-05-04, 00:33
and what you said wasn't just pointless spam either right?

Wait, yes it was.

Kal
01-05-04, 01:52
[ edited ]

Kenjuten
01-05-04, 06:01
I can take the fact that I spam.

Can you? No. :p

Can I take the fact you spam? Apparently not.

And thus I proved this post was spam and yet not at the same time.

onoz.

suler
01-05-04, 06:14
and what you said wasn't just pointless spam either right?

Alright uh do you see the word either? That shows that I am already acknowledging that my post was spam. DUH.

Kenjuten
01-05-04, 06:17
When did I say after you said that, that you didn't know you were spamming?

I merely said we're spamming each other right now. :p

suler
01-05-04, 06:19
That's what I thought that can you take that you are spamming thing meant, if it didn't nevermind on that. Uh and we are just spamming now for sure.

Vamil
01-05-04, 06:31
put yourself in my shoes... or someone whos played longer then I have. I have played since september 2002. I enjoyed the game for a long time, but imagine constant lies from a company... imagine them changing lom pills to take away a whole level with one use, without warning us first (they said it was comming later, not in the patch that was released) and then hundreds of players getting screwed. Imagine them lieing about DoY many times... im talking many, many times. imagine them making a bugged patch.... then not fixing it for days and days and days. or, releasing a bad patch on thursday or friday thats bugged, and instead of working to fix it over the weekend like a professional company would fix their OWN mistakes, they take the weekend off anyway with the blaitent msg "yeah we screwed up, but tough luck, kiss our ass"

Amen!

tomparadox
01-05-04, 12:48

erm Oo. it shouldent be on the forum in the first plase because it violates the forum rules.
but yet they still post because if they think there leaveing for good, why would they cair if they get banned? KK cant sue them over it, so there is no way to punish them, so what do they do ? make a leaving thread that flames KK sens if there is no real way to punish them or anything then they whont cair about the rules. unless you can get them to believ they shouldent make that thread, there is no way to stop them if they are truly leaving.

When you are a paying customer you have the *right* to complain about the service, product, or the people involved when you are dissatisfied. And the *only* hope of changing things when polite requests stop working is to *complain*. And to complain loudly and often. The old timers in this game (myself included - my forum date is way later than my gaming start date) have shown very great patience, and have made the polite requests for many many many months. But the anger and frustration has built up and is now being vented - by people leaving and by people flaming. To expect us to be lovey-dovey with KK and say only nice things or keep quiet is like looking at the world through rose colored glasses. KK *needs* to hear the unhappiness, repeatedly, so that they fully understand how unhappy many of its customers are ... customers who if they remained quiet and steamed nonvocally would only give KK even more excuses to continue ignoring the problems (old adage: out of sight out of mind). So many of us *wont* go away. We *wont* let KK forget or ignore the problems. We *wont* stop demanding that they make good on promises to paying customers and provide us the support and content they *owe* us for the monthly cash we are paying them. KK has a damn good game here. But their service and support has been crappy, and their lies and excuses are growing intolerable.

KK: i swear you have the worst track record of any company i have ever had the misfortune to deal with, but you have a fine game ... *please* get your act together and start behaving professionally.

Spook
i agree, and my forum starting date is way off when i started playing too, i been in sens mid beta 3. and now im starting to get the fealing of leaving, im not going to though, but i have been playing a lot less maby 30 min a week... :(

INFERNO22
01-05-04, 15:08
i agree, and my forum starting date is way off when i started playing too, i been in sens mid beta 3. and now im starting to get the fealing of leaving, im not going to though, but i have been playing a lot less maby 30 min a week... :( same here ive only been playing for a 30 to an hour per week

Forget My Name
01-05-04, 17:08
Dunno bout you but I prefer a company that doesn't try to pay me off with an in-game XP boost when they screw something up. All the powerlevellers probably look forward to server crashes because it means a week of levelling their chars at double speed.

Apologise = good.
Try to fob players off with bonus XP = bad.

MC5 is closed atm. Imagine if KK gave every player a free MC5 of their choice to make up for it. Presto, one supposedly rare item for every player in the game, and anyone who spent time doing the work for one finds out they've wasted it.

Now, if they said "We'd like to apologise for the server crash by releasing this new stuff we had planned for the next patch. We were going to save it and release it with the next patch together with a batch of fixes and tweaks but we figure it's a good way of saying sorry." That would be more like it.

Btw, the point about leaving threads, is that you're supposed to post them when you leave. Not when you feel like having a bitching session. Damn right, KK's record is nothing to be proud of. But if you're not going to give them a chance to make up for it, why post? The point of complaining is to get something changed for the better, right? So why do we get all the sarcastic posts 24/7 about how DoY is never going to be released and NC is dead etc?

If someone says "I'm fed up of this, I quit. I don't believe KK are going to improve, so I'm out. I suggest to KK that they buck their ideas up, establish some better communication and get some decent servers in." Fair enough. But when people say "I've cancelled my account. KK suck, DoY is never going to be released. There's loads of bugs that need fixing in this game but KK are never going to fix them." And then they carry on posting, and they have to post in every KK announcement "I bet you won't meet that deadline." "This patch sucks and won't save the game." And so on. That's when you're not complaining, you're just ranting for the sake of it.

No, no one asked fo ranything. THey, one their own, apologised and gave us something to make up for it. no one went on the forums and whines for something unless they would leave, no one. Jesus, there is always a critic, even when the subject is 100% positive. it isn't "free" exp, we still have to sit there and level like we did for the past 14 months. No free items where given out, just exp and gold that you had to work for anyway.

You like a company that wont even talk to you months after a patch fucks something up? Fine, by my guest, I would rather have a company be adults and keep tabs on who are paying their wallets.