PDA

View Full Version : c'est fini

Ezekial Stone
29-04-04, 06:04
It's done.

After a night of crashing every 5 feet, dying to nothing but bugs and being generally annoyed by the people who play this game, I have cancelled my accounts.

That's 2 accounts @ 10 bucks a month...both registered for 3 months a pop...they run out on the 22nd of next month but I can't be bothered to log in anymore.

KK. you want to know what drives people away from this game? Start listening.

1- Since beta...yeah, I was in beta, this game has had a problem with crashing. Blame my computer...fine...it's not the best system, but I play more modern games than this without any issues what-so-ever. I don't crash at all like I do in this game. Infact, before I started playing neocron...my reason for dropping out of a game was never "crash to desktop". Thank you for adding something new to my online vocabulary.

2- this game is laggy as hell. Yeah, the servers are in germany...but so are many of the TFC servers I used to play on and the lag was nowhere near as bad as this. Too many people in a zone? You could get 64 people on a map in some games and still, no problem. Shitty netcode...no it's not my connection it's your servers.

3- server population/doy release. I have been waiting for close to 2 years now for BDoY. First, it was going to be released the march following the gold date of Neocron...didn't happen. That was forgivable. But you have done nothing to compensate for the constant delays of an expansion that should have been released 6 months ago. No anti-city epics. No high level content except for pvp, running yet another epic or op wars. I've done all the epics...what am I supposed to do now that I am fully capped? Should I create another char and fight the same mobs I have been fighting since retail release?

Face it. Your planning has been less than stellar. You chose a publisher in the start that had a bad reputation and it ruined the game. Poor choices is what has killed Neocron for me.

So some may come back, and more will leave. Hell, I might even renew my account one day just to see if the promises have been fulfilled. But right now, I can't be bothered to continue paying for shoddy customer service, bugs that cause me to lose my inventory with no compensation...not even an apology and obvious exploitation of many bugs that go unpunished.

So you lose one more customer. Probably no big deal to you. But to me, as a professional...customer's are the people who line your pockets. You start losing customers...where does that leave you?

gg's go out to

DarkH, Stapes, ZoneseeK, Minic, Ghost, Element[], Sh0dan, Tyrion Lannister, Divide, Admiral Ackbar and Yamma. You guys kept me playing this long...but it's just not enough now, considering most of you don't log on anymore either.

Ezekial Stone, trigger hurt, Mr. Oblivion, forty-six and two

It's been fun.

Kikyo
29-04-04, 06:08
Well said couldn't agree with you more hope you come back when KK actually does their job!

RayBob
29-04-04, 06:22
Since beta...this game has had a problem with crashing...I play more modern games than this without any issues what-so-ever. I don't crash at all like I do in this gameAgreed. Unfortunately, if it was easy to fix I am sure they would have done so by now. I think the upcoming patch notes said something about improving the crash logs so maybe they are trying to gather the information they need to resolve the problem. Although, I have seen many patch notes say that such-and-such cause of a FRE was fixed and I do not know a single person for whom the game crashes less often. :( They might want to outsource this problem to a company that specializes in windows stability control. But step 1 is admitting that the problem exists and that it is serious. I have never heard KK admit that this is a serious problem for a lot of their customers and that it is a priority for them to resolve.

...this game is laggy as hell...Too many people in a zone? You could get 64 people on a map in some games and still, no problem. Shitty netcode...no it's not my connection it's your servers.I was at an OP fight today and went into the synchronization screen 4 times. FOUR TIMES I LAGGED OUT!!! I hope they are aware of the problem with their code whenever a lot of people are in one zone. If it is not improved for BDoY it will drive a lot of people away.

...server population/doy release. I have been waiting for close to 2 years now for BDoY..The delay is unfortunate, but I can wait.

Gotterdammerung
29-04-04, 06:24
closed as per forums rules and guidelines

please feel free to express any further wishes to Ezekiel Stone via pm's or e-mail