PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

rob444
28-04-04, 22:38
or is this forum no longer as active as it was a couple of months back? I remembered that if you refreshed this page each 5th minute there would be some new posts or even alot. Now, yesterday I was checking the forum and nothing was interesting enough to send a reply at. Around 1-2 hours later I get back in and it's still the same state, maybe a couple of new posts but not much. Today has been quite slow too. Maybe it's just a feeling or has a lot of people left?

Shujin
28-04-04, 22:40
its not.

i check it maybe once every 2-3 days, and lately its been the exact same posts with almost the same number of pages.

people are getting tired of waiting.

rob444
28-04-04, 22:45
Hm ok, so I guess there is just boring posts :wtf:

Biznatchy
28-04-04, 22:48
Most of the intresting people get banned, or just beat down by the modding. The infamous "Keep it in game" on most stuff we really want to talk about.

Lexxuk
28-04-04, 22:51
I'm still here, bringing my own brand of tinned spam to the forums <3 mind you, MJS is one of my fans, so, nerrr :p :D :D :lol: :cool:

Nidhogg
28-04-04, 22:55
Most of the "interesting people" have had prior permanent bans before the forum amnesty. All of the "interesting people" have had 2 prior temporary bans (with two exceptions) and 3-4 pages of rapsheet each. Moderators do not beat anyone down, we record the evidence, which you rarely see since we remove it quickly, and take the appropriate action. If you wish to comment on the forum moderation in future I'd appreciate it if you did it to Odin or myself directly.

As for the topic of the thread, we've had over 37 thousand posts since we moved to the new forums at the beginning of this month and the stats are roughly equal for each day of that month (except for weekends when they're slightly less).

N

Lexxuk
28-04-04, 22:58
heh, I'm one of the "interesting" people, and I've not had a ban yet :D

/me humps niddys leg

Biznatchy
28-04-04, 23:00
He is just so touchy.

Kal
28-04-04, 23:12
its not his fault, hes a big snake who eats people and trees and argues with eagles.

plague
28-04-04, 23:20
heh, I'm one of the "interesting" people, and I've not had a ban yet :D

/me humps niddys leg
hehe t3h lexx is toooo s33xxy to ban :lol: :D even nid knows that =P

Kal
28-04-04, 23:21
[ edited ]

plague
28-04-04, 23:24
[ edited ]

muahahaha feeell teh rath lol :D it's him with teh bannnnnn stick(it's more of a bat realy)

lol srryy nid back on topic

hmmmm what is the topic of this forum ..... ah got it on it....

Nidhogg
28-04-04, 23:28
Get back on topic, please.

N

Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 23:29
I remember when I first came to these forums, it was hard to keep up with all the new posts. I remember a thread could balloon up to 6-7 pages fairly quickly.

Those were the days. :p

Kal
28-04-04, 23:31
those posts you edited WERE on topic, read the rest of the thread and the title perhaps before you make a judgement?

plague
28-04-04, 23:35
[ edited ]

Kal
28-04-04, 23:44
playing 'pin the [ edited ] on the forum'?

plague
28-04-04, 23:48
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
28-04-04, 23:53
I've asked you nicely to return to the topic. I've also asked you to direct any further questions about the moderation of these forums to either myself or Odin by PM. I won't ask again.

N

plague
28-04-04, 23:54
..................reading

Kal
28-04-04, 23:55
our on topic posts WERE edited, may as well close the thread now as you've killed the topic

ezza
29-04-04, 00:09
yeah forums crap now, boring now no interesting threads anymore

Biznatchy
29-04-04, 04:38
yeah forums crap now, boring now no interesting threads anymore

this one might have been intresting but "[edited]" is kinda boring.

Shujin
29-04-04, 05:31
Most of the "interesting people" have had prior permanent bans before the forum amnesty. All of the "interesting people" have had 2 prior temporary bans (with two exceptions) and 3-4 pages of rapsheet

N
didnt u had i hold the record for number of bans?? what is the number btw? ;]

superfresh
29-04-04, 06:24
Not enough dancing badger posts these days.

Ezekial Stone
29-04-04, 07:52
buh

insulting nidhogg is not worth getting banned...

hinch
29-04-04, 10:23
didnt u had i hold the record for number of bans?? what is the number btw? ;]

did DD ever get banned?

besides i think fenix hold s the record for 12 bans and 3 perm bans :)

Freya
29-04-04, 13:58
lets not discuss whom was banned, or why

thank you have a nice day

freya

Kal
29-04-04, 14:00
good point freya, if we discused who was banned and why it would take all day, thus damaging our ability to have a nice day for the rest of the day

phunqe
29-04-04, 14:02
So basically people are getting bored of all the "omg nc suck omg kk suck" threads, so now we're going to have a gazillion "omg teh forum suck" threads instead.

Bah.

ezza
29-04-04, 14:05
So basically people are getting bored of all the "omg nc suck omg kk suck" threads, so now we're going to have a gazilion "omg teh forum suck" threads instead.

Bah.yup its forum threads flava of the week, the forum sucks threads.

next week its the mods suck threads :angel:

Darkborg
29-04-04, 14:31
So basically people are getting bored of all the "omg nc suck omg kk suck" threads, so now we're going to have a gazillion "omg teh forum suck" threads instead.

Bah.

wonder what started it all
(on a side note) wheres the shake my head smiley.

Possessed
29-04-04, 17:55
Most of the "interesting people" have had prior permanent bans before the forum amnesty. All of the "interesting people" have had 2 prior temporary bans (with two exceptions) and 3-4 pages of rapsheet each. Moderators do not beat anyone down, we record the evidence, which you rarely see since we remove it quickly, and take the appropriate action. If you wish to comment on the forum moderation in future I'd appreciate it if you did it to Odin or myself directly.

N

Why did you turn two people's temp ban into perma bans for just posting on other forums?

They might have said something... but isn't your job to moderate these forums, and your decisions can't be based on what people have said on other forums...? They did not even do anything wrong... unless talking is now against the rules.

If they could I'm surprised that a lot more people aren't banned... look at the pk-hq boards for instance.

[edit] linkeh (http://www.furious-angels.com/viewtopic.php?t=435)

ezza
29-04-04, 17:56
nid knows about the pk-Hq board since iirc he has posted there in the past so people cant be getting banned for outside of neo stuff :confused:

MegaCorp
29-04-04, 18:17
Gives people something to do until BDoY comes out. :rolleyes:

Spook