PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Large Clips!

Heavyporker
28-04-04, 17:59
Anyone here around long enough to remember them?

Yup, didn't work back then, but the idea is too fucking good!

Imagine being able to shoot twice as long! Imagine not having your ammo clips split into tiny irregular bits and doubling the weight at times! Imagine the dismay of your foes as they jump out and pull out a weapon thinking you're about to change clips, only to find out that they miscounted!

I suppose that to keep things a bit fair, it should take a bit longer to load your ammo when you have a large clip mod in.

jiga
28-04-04, 18:04
Only on certain weapons

DonnyJepp
28-04-04, 18:08
All pistols got their free double-clip mods last year. I don't know why they chose to just boost pistol clips instead of fixing the clip-size mod. Riflemen have suffered for nearly a year because of it.

I agree it would be a cool use of a slot, but only if they cut current pistol clips in half again. Double the current huge pistol clips would be silly. Does anyone really need 60 shots in their Blacksun?

Heavyporker
28-04-04, 18:16
0_0

pistols got free double-clip?

that's just wrong. should be other way around, rifles should get free double-clip...

pistols too small to have large clips, it should be a special mod.

Now when you think of rifles having double-clip... Snipers gonna be fearsome now...

DonnyJepp
28-04-04, 18:25
from retail patch 185 notes:

Pistolero boost:
- Slightly improved rare pistols
- Increased magazine sizes of pistols
- New Pulselaser Pistols added
*Tangent 'Substandard' Pulselaser DEX18 PC45 TC22
*Tangent Pulselaser DEX64 PC95 TC65
*Tangent 'Assault' Pulselaser DEX92 PC111 TC80
*Slasher DEX113 PC121 TC88 *Rare*

Capt. Rik
28-04-04, 18:31
Yup i agree, a mod to raise clip size would be both useful and cool

Kenjuten
29-04-04, 00:17
This doesn't exactly help the thread directly, but if I may pull from the new testpatch specs:

- Changed Gatlin Pistols ammo packs to 40 to match clip size.

Yeah, I know part of the issue here is some ammo boxes don't match the magazine rounds, but looks like KK's trying to fix it one way or another.

Geth
29-04-04, 00:22
I too hate the splitting of ammo clips, my inventory ends up cluttered with partial clips only with a handful of rounds in each!

Mind you the total shots per clip should be carefully reworked, pistols have big enough clips as is.

yavimaya
29-04-04, 00:22
All pistols got their free double-clip mods last year. I don't know why they chose to just boost pistol clips instead of fixing the clip-size mod. Riflemen have suffered for nearly a year because of it.

I agree it would be a cool use of a slot, but only if they cut current pistol clips in half again. Double the current huge pistol clips would be silly. Does anyone really need 60 shots in their Blacksun?

LOL 60 in your blacksun? im able to put 10!!! into my blacksun! fucking 10! where do you or anyone get this "double clip" bullshit from?
Can't remember names but there are other "10" clip pistols out there, can you imagine having 5 bullets per clip?

yavimaya
29-04-04, 00:27
I too hate the splitting of ammo clips, my inventory ends up cluttered with partial clips only with a handful of rounds in each!

Mind you the total shots per clip should be carefully reworked, pistols have big enough clips as is.

If I remember right back then didnt your gun need to be loaded twice if your pile wasnt a full clip? and they did still break up! they broke up worse! thats why they changed it, just that it would attempt to put 10 into a "10 clip gun" even if there was already 9 in there, so a "10 clip" would usually work as a "19 clip".

Yes, those were the good days, but i also remember having about 3-4 piles of the same ammo if you reloaded alot, if they could leave the ammo breaking as is and bring in the "fucked up" clip scripts that would rock!

Celt
29-04-04, 00:46
Means you need even more rares to get enough slots to use one.

Good idea in principle though.

hose187
29-04-04, 06:47
Those mods were around forever and never worked. Then one day, they all turned into ultimas or something :wtf:

Anyway, certain weapons would just be too powerful with a double clip. PE, any gat cannon, and any pistol (which would use 2 entire packs per reload) come to mind. It'd be great for certain other weapons, though (plasma rifle/cannon, snipers, tank AoE)

Lanigav
29-04-04, 08:11
Having these back in would definetely rock, especially for rifle and cannon users. It should also take roughly twice as long to reload with a weapon that's modded with it as well out of fairness. Would definetely make life easier for sniper rifle and plasma rifle/cannon users.

Heavyporker
30-04-04, 18:09
Well, yeah, could make it available only to low-RoF/smallclip rifles/cannons...

that sounds reasonable enough.

Aziraphale
30-04-04, 19:42
Better idea - FIX THE SNIPER CLIP SIZES.

Yes, I will keep going on about this, because it's fucking retarded.

Kenjuten
30-04-04, 19:55
Better idea - FIX THE SNIPER CLIP SIZES.

Yes, I will keep going on about this, because it's fucking retarded.
I thought the RoF was more of a problem... O_o

Kal
01-05-04, 02:12
i dont see the point atm

Celt
01-05-04, 02:33
i dont see the point atm
you = suck

Kal
01-05-04, 02:35
poor you, you must be mistaking the word suck with the phrase 'has a life'

Celt
01-05-04, 02:35
poor you, you must be mistaking the word suck with the phrase 'has a life'That's why you're the one spamming the forums to fit in with a group of misfits and rejects?

Dont throw stones in glass houses dear.

Kal
01-05-04, 02:39
[ edited ]

Aziraphale
01-05-04, 10:55
I thought the RoF was more of a problem... O_o

The RoF isnt so bad, considering the damage output, with a commando I can pop off a shot every 3 seconds at 600 damage, and more than that and it would completely own.

The clips however....grrr.
Spies cant carry a great deal as it is, but having to carry 80 odd clips of ammo around at all times just so that you can hunt for longer than 10 minutes is a mite unreasonable.
Plus it doesn't make sense, rifles fire single shots, why do they use 4 bullets? Whyyeeeeeeee.....

tomparadox
01-05-04, 13:13
[ot]actuly kal and celt you are in a way both spaming because you are both offtopic talking about whos spaming but id half to side with kal

you = suck
is about the most useless comment you could post

anyway... yea some waepons should have incressed ammo in clips, but dont decrece pistols, they did that to help balense, a spy could go through an entired old clip of lib ammo in like 3 secs and not hit a thing. so no it shouldent be a mod because then inorder to have more leway with shooting it youd half to wast a slot. you could test it on testserver but i have a feeling that if that whent on retail there would be a ton of bitching about it from spys and PEs.

Lanigav
02-05-04, 23:10
Spies cant carry a great deal as it is, but having to carry 80 odd clips of ammo around at all times just so that you can hunt for longer than 10 minutes is a mite unreasonable.

That's why its a good idea to have the recycle skill to clone ammo. That way you don't have to carry around huge stacks of ammo and can clone from any junk you loot when you need it. :)