PDA

View Full Version : [bit old] Upcoming Patch is Amazing; THNX KK!!

Benjie
28-04-04, 14:30
This was posted two days ago:http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=97654

I expect it will be a long time in the test server, and it's been a long time in the making.
Asuming it's tested correctly, then this patch will r0x0r3r5.
Great job KK. Thanks for such an amazing patch. A large amount of things on that list drove me insane! The texture quality, the FPS drop from certain sounds, the use issue, I had them ALL!!!11

Nice work.
THANKYOU! : )

Mr_Snow
28-04-04, 14:31
A lot of people said that about the last proposed patch which still hasnt arrived.

MkVenner
28-04-04, 14:31
yeah it'll be sweet, any idea when were gunna get it?

EDIT: Just read the new melee, sweetass Rare knuckles omg omg omg

Benjie
28-04-04, 14:32
A lot of people said that about the last proposed patch which still hasnt arrived.
Well if kk are having problems with the patch, or it's problematic on the test server, then it's good that it's not on Retail right? I mean who wants more bugs? :confused:

Clearing out all the problems before releasing it is much better than releasing it early due to peer presure, well I think so anyway.

It's the right thing to do.

Dribble Joy
28-04-04, 14:38
The patch is going TS today or tomo roughly, which means it could easily make light of day there on friday.

Scikar
28-04-04, 14:49

The current patch is Lupus' weapon TL changes, which were never intended to go retail any time soon.

MkVenner
28-04-04, 14:50
i just keep looking at it, theres so much cool stuff in that patch lol

Mr_Snow
28-04-04, 14:52
The patch is going TS today or tomo roughly, which means it could easily make light of day there on friday.

The test patch I was refering to went TS on the 10th of feb and we were promised a big patch soon when we had the small patch 197 on 11th of march so god knows how long we will be waiting for the extensive testing to be done.

Gestra
28-04-04, 14:52
Believe in the patch when it hits retail. Not before.

Judge
28-04-04, 17:09
That patch looks pretty cool. I'm guessing this will be the patch with the new tunnel zones in that Snowcrash was talking about in the DoY Pics!!!!!!! (etc) thread?

Dribble Joy
28-04-04, 17:31
The test patch I was refering to went TS on the 10th of feb and we were promised a big patch soon when we had the small patch 197 on 11th of march so god knows how long we will be waiting for the extensive testing to be done.
Lupus has said that the likelyhood of that patch's main changes (tl reworkings) coming before DoY is slim.

plague
28-04-04, 17:33
I don't mean to sound like ass but i will say my thankx after teh patch is out and changes that where made r indeed great only then, too early now you don't know when it's gonna be out for all i care it might come out in mmmmmm few more months ......

so me say hurry up then tnx :D

Heavyporker
28-04-04, 17:52
I have to say I'm getting a *bit* concerned -

- Beast is OBVIOUSLY supposed to be a melee drug, not H-C.... I'd much prefer it if it was kept melee and the X-Strong changed to +H-C (since xstrong gives melee too atm)

- The sounds of the new algorithms for construction and such kinda perks concern, will tradeskillers *still* be able to make a profit selling higher quality items? Stats and slots isn't the only thing that cst'ing should be limited to, not when being a tradeskiller isn't supported enough by players (atm)

- I wonder if KK will remember the obivous and keep the explosive A and B out of non-explosive items in the new cst'ing algorithm. :P

- The techpart pool is groaning badly atm... really, some runs should be done so the drone and the LOWEST TL weapon parts can be pulled out and moved to the runs...

- The combat car change means FUCK ALL to me until the weapon can be fucking AIMABLE by the gunner! That goes for the tail gun on the trikes, as well!

- I hope that there'll at least be a couple NExT subway guards at the GR to provide a modicum of defense against GR Campers. Well, if not at the GR itself, how about up at the viewer's slope so there's a chance to run for some backup?

- I hope there's going to be a new store chain to handle all those new Tech Toys (stealth tool, holo PA, etc anything that not a tradeskill tool or item)... A new and separate Cryton's vendor doesn't quite cut it for me, sorry.
Hey, and I believe that the Yo's SHOULD NOT sell any tech toys!

- I hope that vendor lists will be reorganized! They're almost total losses atm.

- Mechanical mobs being resistant to poison? I don't like the looks of that, I had rather thought they'd be more resistant to pierce and x-ray... will poison mobs be resistant to poison, that wasn't stated, though obvious. DoY Units being resistant to X-Ray is one thing, but they're mechanical, aren't they (excluding the DoY Guardian). And what about Y Reps? Will they be resistant to X-Ray or something else?

- I hope that laser weapons still keep their excellent ammo consumption, that rather helped them be appealing along with their range.

Benjie
28-04-04, 21:21
I have to say I'm getting a *bit* concerned -

- Beast is OBVIOUSLY supposed to be a melee drug, not H-C.... I'd much prefer it if it was kept melee and the X-Strong changed to +H-C (since xstrong gives melee too atm)
I belive Beast is a comprimise between the arguments for and against more H-C implants. A clever one too, and I approve. There are an abundance of Melee implants if you object.

- The techpart pool is groaning badly atm... really, some runs should be done so the drone and the LOWEST TL weapon parts can be pulled out and moved to the runs...
The teck part pool should be massive! Much bigger infact! It should not be cluttered with crap however. The argument is and has always been to remove the clutter.

- The combat car change means FUCK ALL to me until the weapon can be fucking AIMABLE by the gunner! That goes for the tail gun on the trikes, as well!
I belive this is a comprimise between what you (we) want, and what kk wants.

- I hope that there'll at least be a couple NExT subway guards at the GR to provide a modicum of defense against GR Campers. Well, if not at the GR itself, how about up at the viewer's slope so there's a chance to run for some backup?
They always squeeze in a few minor changes anyway. Complain about them after the patch hits the test server.

- I hope there's going to be a new store chain to handle all those new Tech Toys (stealth tool, holo PA, etc anything that not a tradeskill tool or item)... A new and separate Cryton's vendor doesn't quite cut it for me, sorry.
Hey, and I believe that the Yo's SHOULD NOT sell any tech toys!

o_O
Huh? I agree that new store chains are a good thing, but map changes, as we all remember from teckhaven, make for a massive patch! (and teckhaven waas just a texture job too) Although I agree with you on some small level, I don't think it is very important.

- Mechanical mobs being resistant to poison? I don't like the looks of that, I had rather thought they'd be more resistant to pierce and x-ray... will poison mobs be resistant to poison, that wasn't stated, though obvious. DoY Units being resistant to X-Ray is one thing, but they're mechanical, aren't they (excluding the DoY Guardian). And what about Y Reps? Will they be resistant to X-Ray or something else?
Mechanical things would obviously be more imune to poison than to xray. Poison is more sentient, more like a virus, or a series of Bacteria in the commodo dragons case. Xray has a larger effect on mechanicall enteties than Poison does. They also didn't release a full list of changes, just gave a few examples. It would be foolish to jump to conclusions just yet.

Trip
28-04-04, 21:39
ROFLOLMAOMG
"THE DENTIST (Rare knuckles)"

ah crap this is the funniest thing i've ever heard. I just cracked up when i heard this one. They really do have a sense of humour...oh man i love the devs.

Saza
28-04-04, 21:51
Nice patch.

Except for spies.

- Destrosol Forte now adds INT+4 WEP+12 WPW+12
- Added new drug "Nightspider". Adds PSI+5 PSU+20 IMP+16, removes WEP-20

So now the only thing that made spies viable - drugging for shelter - we can no longer do because we lose aiming if we do it?

The spies need UNNERFING, not screwing over.

Apart from that the patch is great.

Serpent
28-04-04, 21:53
they nerf also rifle pe's and pistol spys/pe's

let the drugs normal, then would everything ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garg [RogueNET]
28-04-04, 21:55
OMFG!!!

World
- Added Racetrack GenRep

YEEESSS!!!

EDIT: OMFG!!
(teh evil GMs crashed the servers!!!)

Benjie
29-04-04, 15:27
Nice patch.

Except for spies.

So now the only thing that made spies viable - drugging for shelter - we can no longer do because we lose aiming if we do it?

Apart from that the patch is great.
Don't spy's have 100 intelegence? Is it really a nerf, or is it ment to stop Private Eyes drugging for higher up spells, who have a much lower int. That makes some degree of sence to me.

*edit*
The drug was ADDED! not changed. Therefore how is it a nerf? If anything it's a boost! I'm confused to how adding this screws over spies. :confused:

Mr_Snow
29-04-04, 15:30
Don't spy's have 100 intelegence? Is it really a nerf, or is it ment to stop Private Eyes drugging for higher up spells, who have a much lower int. That makes some degree of sence to me.

*edit*
The drug was ADDED! not changed. Therefore how is it a nerf? If anything it's a boost!

Fully combat spies come out okay but any tradeskillers are fucked up the ass in pvp, another case of KK trying to make spies stay in plaza making guns and spells for other classes.

Some of the druds are new but they nerfed detrosol forte so it doesnt give both psi use and weapon lore.

Strych9
29-04-04, 16:20

Apart from that the patch is great.Wait, so the only spies that are viable are the ones that drug for Shelter?

I thought that stealth "made spies viable"???

Wish everyone would make up their mind. ;)

Mr_Snow
29-04-04, 16:24
Wait, so the only spies that are viable are the ones that drug for Shelter?

I thought that stealth "made spies viable"???

Pistols spies yes for number 1 rifle spies no

Stealth is for spies with no talent and dont know their class is my answer to number 2.

OTIS
30-04-04, 09:56
"TL104 THE DENTIST (Rare Knuckles) added" omg i love this name... :lol:

Archeus
30-04-04, 10:20
Pistols spies yes for number 1 rifle spies no

Stealth is for spies with no talent and dont know their class is my answer to number 2.

yea because spies should just do "/set kill_self 1" just to save everyone ammo instead of using a stealth tool.

It is more the people who can't combat stealth it annoys.

DigestiveBiscui
30-04-04, 10:50
In my eyes - and no this isn't a joke, spies are overpowered

anyway - good patch KK, hope to have it in retail soon :)

Archeus
30-04-04, 10:52
In my eyes - and no this isn't a joke, spies are overpowered

anyway - good patch KK, hope to have it in retail soon :)

In your eyes everyone is overpowered. :p

DigestiveBiscui
30-04-04, 10:55
no, just weedy little fucking con 45 spies that can have a pistol capable of downing a tank on a good day

+ mods for sniper that take off shelters

+ super gatlin drone things

+ the helmet that will remove spies names from local (if that stil exists)

thats just to name a few

i would put money on spyocron coming very soon

Archeus
30-04-04, 11:02
no, just weedy little fucking con 45 spies that can have a pistol capable of downing a tank on a good day

You must have a seriously crap Tank.

Except that the mod is ultra rare, and the ammo can't be cloned and could only get on a GM quest. Ie. Doesn't exist and is useless.

super gatlin drone things

Droners are the easiest to kill.

the helmet that will remove spies names from local (if that stil exists)

Never existed but thanks for making something up to prove the spies are overpowered.

DigestiveBiscui
30-04-04, 11:06
1. Wasn't my tank - i dont have a tank on pluto :p

2. As far as i know the helmet will be here for DOY - an epic of somekind i'm not sure, but it was said a while ago.

3. Spirit mod will become less rare - matter of time

4. when a mosquito drone can kill and apu in 3-4 shots it gets silly :p

Mr_Snow
30-04-04, 11:30

Onoz spies can kill stuff, must nerf spies.

yea because spies should just do "/set kill_self 1" just to save everyone ammo instead of using a stealth tool.

It is more the people who can't combat stealth it annoys.

Wow just because I and some other spies I know can kill other people with our characters without resorting to multiple stealths doesnt mean I think all spies should just die.

And it annoys you that I dont runaway on my character everytime I fight why?

1. Wasn't my tank - i dont have a tank on pluto :p

2. As far as i know the helmet will be here for DOY - an epic of somekind i'm not sure, but it was said a while ago.

3. Spirit mod will become less rare - matter of time

4. when a mosquito drone can kill and apu in 3-4 shots it gets silly :p

1.Again just because a pistol spy can kill a tank doesnt mean they are overpowered.

2.Since its not here yet it obviously cant be factored in on how balanced spies are.

3.Its so rare it may aswell not be ingame so again cant be factored into balance and anyway since the weapon is piercing it makes little difference.

4.Apus can kill another apu in 3-4 shots but ofcourse they arent overpowered and incase you didnt know droners die extremely easy if you can find them.

Saza
30-04-04, 12:59
It's already on Pluto :p .

No seriously, spies are underpowered. I have optimised my setup. I can use PA 3, I cap all my guns and I can use INQ 1/Enr belt/shelter, my con setup is optimal, I can runcast heal and run fast as fuck. And while I'm good against spies and occasionaly tanks, PEs, Monks and most tanks just wipe the floor with me.

And now shelter is being taken from us... oh jebus.

@ Benjie: The reason we lose shelter is because we need 5 extra PSI, which comes from Dest Fort. That also added 12 weapon lore. Now that there is no PSI addition on Dest Fort, we need to use this new PSI drug - which takes 20 from weapon lore. So if you work it out, thats THIRTY TWO weapon lore we lose. Thats far too big a drop to be viable, so effectively we have been stripped of shelter.

winnoc
30-04-04, 13:32

thats just to name a few

Have you ever played a spy?
I'm leveling up a HC tank, and i must say the "shit i died" ratio spy vs tank is like 10/1.

I'm not saying either class is over or underpowered, but each one has his unique abilities adn weaknesses. Spies die a lot more, but they can also scout, tradeskill etc.... And yes, a good pistol spy does a LOT of dammage, but then again, he's fast to die, just like an APU.

Try playing a spy and try leveling him up till 90+ dex and int, then tell me they're overpowered.

Samhain
30-04-04, 14:01
Thats far too big a drop to be viable, so effectively we have been stripped of shelter.

I disagree. While I do think the new patch is going to have a severe affect on my spys setup... mainly because with the +5 INT from Destrosol I was at 99 (and I'm capped), but I was originally only taking it for the PSI, and I don't want to take another drug... what I have decided is I'm going to have to swap my reflex4 for a str2, and my berzerk2 for a SA, thus making up the INT from destrosol, and having some more P-C to help with the lost WEP. I'm also frusterated that beast takes away body health now.. meaning I'll be -10 HLT

No seriously, spies are underpowered.

I disagree.. As for the status of the executioner, yes, I think it needs tweaking, but my spy, Dave Insurgent, can rival just about anybody on saturn. I've been beaten in a head-on dual by two people to date and tied by one. The rest of the time there's a steady trail of backpacks at MB.

I'm leveling up a HC tank, and i must say the "shit i died" ratio spy vs tank is like 10/1.

Yeah, really, the thing a lot of people forget about these uber pistol spys that are surfacing now, is that most of the builds require you to be absolutely capped. In everything. I got away with 99 INT total with my build, but I capped anyway for the extra 1 WEP and the ability to wear a poison belt.

Aziraphale
30-04-04, 16:31

thats just to name a few

Con = 40

Sniper mods barely exist, and next to no ammo for them

You're saying as a tank you cant take out a gatling drone? Joo got teh skillz.

Helmet doesn't exist, shush.

And have you ever tried being a pistol spy? You die so quick it isn't funny, unless you're capped of course, then you can run very fast, but still take damage like a bitch.