PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about City of Heroes

robdekoning
28-04-04, 13:44
Ive allready checked their website and forum. I would like to know what your personal experience is with this game. Is it any good? graphics? pvp? lvling? roleplay? bitching?

thanks

garyu69
28-04-04, 13:46
Its fun :)

No PvP

Lots of levelling via missions or random beating up of thugs

No bitching as there is nothing to bitch about.

Roleplay, plenty of as you are a superhero

switchback
28-04-04, 13:53
lots of fun to be had creating your own charector. pwns NC's charector creation completely out the ball park and into a new time zone

lots of work been put into that shit

Furion
28-04-04, 14:13
Yeah, character costumization is AWESOME in that game, gonna be reeeal hard to make 2 chars that look the same.

I only played it for like 3 hours before they took down the beta servers, so i didnt get that much gameplay experience, but it looked good.

Lafiel
28-04-04, 14:17
felt too childish and not complex enough for me imo...... for some reason i keep wanting to compare it to disney's ToonTown Online mmorpg :lol:

Phantium
28-04-04, 14:44
No PvP... boring

Sorontar
28-04-04, 14:50
I've just ordered it and I'll give you the rundown when I actually get to play it but the bitching has started on the boards.

Someone posted a nice RP message on the boards for the DEVs, about getting the flag above city hall illuminated at night.They even quoted US Government guidelines concerning 24/7 flag display , as the game is set in the states.

Of course out comes the anti US brigade and spoil a perfectly harmless RP post.

I'll still play it , I may just keep away from the forums as if the community forum goes down the roads of others , it may spoil the experience.

The whole game looks nicely put together and City of VIllians is in the pipeline to add an element of PVP as far as I can tell.

garyu69
28-04-04, 14:52
I've found a few other MMORPG forums to be really something i don't want to mingle with.

On Lineage someone was bitching about how people should get banned for setting up shops to con someone.

I made a harmless post about it all being linked to RolePlaying and that you can get conned in real life so why not in the fame and they went off on one at me.

bastards!

MkVenner
28-04-04, 14:55
lol the project-entropia forums on http://www.entropia-pioneers.com are like a facist reigeme lol

Siygess
28-04-04, 15:01
I must admit, I really want to give CoH a try, but after SWG, I'm reluctant to spend the money on a fairly expensive game and then discover that I dont like it. Guess I'll have to wait 12-18 months for a free trial to become available..

Sorontar
28-04-04, 15:56
KM I'll see if I can get a supergroup ready for you called PCPD Precinct One then :angel:

Siygess
28-04-04, 16:09
*lol* Sounds good to me! Urgh, if anyone buys CoH and lives in Bristol, let me know - I'd like a demo :D