Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 06:57
I found this in ZEE german forum.

http://www.neocronnetwork.de/gallery/extra/nn_doy_ex2_1.jpg

http://www.neocronnetwork.de/gallery/extra/nn_doy_ex2_2.jpg

http://www.neocronnetwork.de/gallery/extra/nn_doy_ex2_3.jpg

http://www.neocronnetwork.de/gallery/extra/nn_doy_ex2_4.jpg

http://www.neocronnetwork.de/gallery/extra/nn_doy_ex2_5.jpg

The first pic and the last 2 pics look great!

enigma_b17
28-04-04, 06:59
that last one kind of looks like that big ladder to oz jail

Archeus
28-04-04, 08:16
Pictures look kack. I suspect that is because they are still using the old NC client.

Drake6k
28-04-04, 08:20
That's amazing.

[CiX]Brad
28-04-04, 08:30
graphics aint changed at all, they arn't from DoY

SnowCrash
28-04-04, 08:47
Brad']graphics aint changed at all, they arn't from DoY Interesting, where do you take your knowledge from?

These are all BDoY Levels besides the tunnel one (yeah those doy tunnels that will come with the next retail patch). And yes, they may not look upto date because the screenshots were made on the old nc client.

Opar
28-04-04, 08:49
First one looks like the Hurlers have been photoshopped in...

olavski
28-04-04, 08:55
First one looks like the Hurlers have been photoshopped in...

Exactly, and if not then it's back to DirectX 6.

Original monk
28-04-04, 08:58
ow my GOD, the second photo

looks NICE :P

Parappa
28-04-04, 08:59
Tunnels next patch :eek:

Tight corridor combat *drool*

]v[ortice
28-04-04, 09:17
W00t can't wait for some serious tunnelage ^^

I can't wait for the next few patches :)

SD... Nice Trawlage :)

Maarten
28-04-04, 09:35
Thanks for the spoiler, SnowCrash! Now we know what those extra map files are. W00t!
Maps of DoY look great though. I only hope it still looks as great when there are players running around. (I'm talking about the fact the player models wouldn't fit in the background/atmosphere)
And I agree that Hurler doesn't look good.

greendonkeyuk
28-04-04, 10:03
the 2nd one says crahn to me..... not sure if its part of the crahn zone or anything but it was my initial impression. do we have an eta on the next retail patch? this month (whats left of it... patch day being thursday and all) or next month perhaps? i know this is really cheeky and all and i doubt id get an official response but they do say if you dont ask you dont get.

svenw
28-04-04, 10:15
the second one is the area where the player shops in DOY will be. Could someone spell drug war in this area? :D

naimex
28-04-04, 10:59
AoE + Barrel + Tunnel = Secure.

n3m
28-04-04, 11:17
http://www.neocronnetwork.de/gallery/extra/nn_doy_ex2_4.jpg

now thats what I call a cave

ou7blaze
28-04-04, 11:29
Yeah good cave picture, but I wish pictures of NC : BDoY in the new engine were put up, that would be so fucken awesome. :eek:

Clownst0pper
28-04-04, 11:37
Lucky ill still be here on the 1st of september then isnt it ;)

tomparadox
28-04-04, 12:11
These are all BDoY Levels besides the tunnel one (yeah those doy tunnels that will come with the next retail patch). And yes, they may not look upto date because the screenshots were made on the old nc client.

are those the " new maps" being added in the next testserver patch?

Nash_Brigham
28-04-04, 12:19
Wonder if KK will patch in the new RPOS. I like that thing better than the one we got. More futuristic and not so, bleh.

tomparadox
28-04-04, 12:22
offtopic: yea who knows maby sens theres a 5 months till it comes out theyll relece a litle bit of it erly so there server pops dont end uip at 1 or 0 when it comes out :rolleyes:

MkVenner
28-04-04, 12:23
that'd be hella'sweet, but i cant see it myself...

naimex
28-04-04, 12:25
are those the " new maps" being added in the next testserver patch?

well, it should be the new MC5 area, and a few more DoY maps..

IIANM they patch DoY maps in slowly, so they can bug test them a bit more before they go to the beta test.

El_MUERkO
28-04-04, 12:26
Cool pics but maybe next time use the graphics cards anti-aliasing feature to smooth out the edges.

Like the addition of the tunnels will give people a reason to come back in game, even more so if the tunnel boss is a kami soldier.

tomparadox
28-04-04, 12:31
that'd be hella'sweet, but i cant see it myself...

yea, same...

well, it should be the new MC5 area, and a few more DoY maps..

IIANM they patch DoY maps in slowly, so they can bug test them a bit more before they go to the beta test.

so, dose that meen that on testserver the MC5 will be open?

naimex
28-04-04, 12:40
.....yes....

I canīt see how they can test new MC5 NPC scripts, without opening MC5, and since they were going to change MC5, I donīt see why they shouldnīt put the new MC5 lvl in at the same time.

So logically they must be opening MC5, with the new changes.

tomparadox
28-04-04, 12:46
true. but the scrips could be for the n00b MC5. from what i understand that look guy hasent been working for a while

sir retail
28-04-04, 12:47
yea, same...

so, dose that meen that on testserver the MC5 will be open?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
only on test server... and in the game? when ???? i, we all o so need MC5 parts
:confused: :confused: :confused:

svenw
28-04-04, 12:51
true. but the scrips could be for the n00b MC5. from what i understand that look guy hasent been working for a whileBut that would count as an exploit which forces KK to close the High Level MC5.;) Or what do you think?

uber java
28-04-04, 13:30
What German thread was this in? I looked in the German forum and counln't find it.

neofrag
28-04-04, 14:58
The original screenshot location is HERE (http://www.neocronnetwork.de/?nop=comments&newsid=1091).

regards neofrag

Heavyporker
28-04-04, 15:05
oh, mah facking Crahn, those shots look soooooo sweet!!!

this will pwn me, and I shall lay back and enjoy it!

Psy7th
28-04-04, 15:57
Interesting, where do you take your knowledge from?

Now, what about posting screenshots made on the new NC client ? Or are you hereby confessing that the client is nothing near completion 4 months before DoY (current) release date ?

MkVenner
28-04-04, 15:57
it might just not be complete, not necessarily "no where near"

G.0.D.
28-04-04, 16:02
When you say the hurler looks photoshopped in, I have to agrea. But Its not from photoshop its from some sort of over done dynamic lighting O_o

Psy7th
28-04-04, 16:14
it might just not be complete, not necessarily "no where near"
I would rather say "certainly not complete" :angel:. But you're right basicaly.

MkVenner
28-04-04, 16:16
yup, its either not complete, which might explain the push back a bit, or they're trying to keep it a secret, u never know :p

ezza
28-04-04, 16:20
is this a KK release some info and people jump all over them thread?

some nice pics, looks like a big dump but guess im gonna have to get used to that :p

MkVenner
28-04-04, 16:22
they do look quite nice lol, the tunnel reminds me of summink outta morrowind...which aint a bad thing...

Cr33p3r
28-04-04, 16:23
tunnel fighing AOE and barrolr flying around your ears yay 8|

Judge
28-04-04, 17:02
I wonder why KK don't release more screenshots.....

Give them a fucking break, there are so many reasons that they don't want to post the pictures in the new engine. One of them is that its not done yet, merely one.

I might come back and experiment a wee bit in the tunnels when they come out. :D

mystery8
28-04-04, 18:34
Damn, those are nice... very nice....

n3m
28-04-04, 19:10
Interesting, where do you take your knowledge from?

Don't suppose you could (re) release the screenshots with the current doy engine?

MrChumble
28-04-04, 19:10
Mixed reaction. Some is quite good, but frankly I could do better. And if Neocron asked me to I would, for free :D

plague
28-04-04, 19:16
waaa looks awesome so much new stuff to explore weeeee

Spoon
28-04-04, 22:40
sexah..

SnowCrash
28-04-04, 23:06
Don't suppose you could (re) release the screenshots with the current doy engine?
not at the moment, no. You will get a look at the improvements at given time. Those screenshots purpose is only to give you a small look at which new locations will be waiting for you when BDoY goes live.

jernau
28-04-04, 23:54
.....yes....

I canīt see how they can test new MC5 NPC scripts, without opening MC5, and since they were going to change MC5, I donīt see why they shouldnīt put the new MC5 lvl in at the same time.

So logically they must be opening MC5, with the new changes.
There is no official word that they are changing anything other than the scripts. Carbonite was just speculating.

Martin J. Schwiezer
29-04-04, 01:41
Just wanted to add that these shots are neither official nor do they represent anything final. Official material is going to be released with the official trailer.

jernau
29-04-04, 01:44
I'm curious how/why they got out then.

btw I don't mean that as a complaint or accusation before people start hurling mud. I'm just interested in what's happening with the game development.

Kenjuten
29-04-04, 03:29
mm, jernau, I think SnowCrash supplied the answer already...

jernau
29-04-04, 03:55
mm, jernau, I think SnowCrash supplied the answer already...
What I mean is - they may not be "official" but they were clearly given to someone by KK, who is that person? will they be getting more info? etc. If there is a new version of n/o I want to know so I can add it to my favourites.

Seven
29-04-04, 04:31
Just wanted to add that these shots are neither official nor do they represent anything final. Official material is going to be released with the official trailer.

Awesome! :cool: When is the new trailer coming out??

Smacktard
29-04-04, 05:35
That second photo was awesome! OMG! Reakktor is definitely coming out with a new graphics engine. The lighting and the shadows wow!

I want my BDOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got money burning a hole in my pocket!!!!

jernau
29-04-04, 07:43
That second photo was awesome! OMG! Reakktor is definitely coming out with a new graphics engine. The lighting and the shadows wow!

I want my BDOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got money burning a hole in my pocket!!!!
You read the bit about those being on the current engine yeah?

Lanigav
29-04-04, 08:08
I'm more concerned with what mobs will be included, and if the entire levels are designed well. Mobs are what ultimately make or break any out of city area, otherwise we'd all be hanging out at Gaya Mine. :p

Archeus
29-04-04, 08:47
You read the bit about those being on the current engine yeah?

I think he did, my sarcasm detector blew up.

n3m
29-04-04, 11:34
not at the moment, no. You will get a look at the improvements at given time. Those screenshots purpose is only to give you a small look at which new locations will be waiting for you when BDoY goes live.
ahh thx :)

and a trailer after all? cool

Smacktard
29-04-04, 15:44
Current graphics engine? Heck the screenshot of that second photo looks like a screenshot from FarCry, the best graphics engine in the gaming world right now, and Reakktor has just said, " Hey CryTek, there's a new sheriff in town, the name is REAKKTOR!!! "

I can't wait for BDOY!! Woot!

I bet TIME magazine does a cover story on Reakktor. They are kicking butt right now, now question about it. Alot of people in the States are talking about this game expansion to Neocron let me tell you.

Well, at least my neighborhood is. Really, the gaming world is in a frenzy waiting for BDOY!!! How much longer must we wait!!!!!!!! The agony!!! :mad:

ezza
29-04-04, 15:58
Current graphics engine? Heck the screenshot of that second photo looks like a screenshot from FarCry, the best graphics engine in the gaming world right now, and Reakktor has just said, " Hey CryTek, there's a new sheriff in town, the name is REAKKTOR!!! "

I can't wait for BDOY!! Woot!

I bet TIME magazine does a cover story on Reakktor. They are kicking butt right now, now question about it. Alot of people in the States are talking about this game expansion to Neocron let me tell you.

Well, at least my neighborhood is. Really, the gaming world is in a frenzy waiting for BDOY!!! How much longer must we wait!!!!!!!! The agony!!! :mad:lol calm down

Judge
29-04-04, 17:27
It was funny the first time.

The second time you made yourself look like a dumbass.

Clownst0pper
29-04-04, 18:38
When is the official trailer due Martin? :eek:

ou7blaze
29-04-04, 19:27
* eagerly waits the reply of MJS about the trailer release dates * :angel:

ezza
29-04-04, 19:59
* eagerly waits the reply of MJS about the trailer release dates * :angel:
haha you think hes gonna give any dates out now after all the shit on this forum

Heavyporker
29-04-04, 20:09
80% of the forum didn't give him shit.

Its the 20% that's been utter pissers and asshats.

ezza
29-04-04, 20:14

doesnt matter what %ages you put out, nothing gonna change the fact that he is unlikly to give out any dates for anything unless he can 100% guarentee that is the date it will happen.

and going from the forum of late dunno about it being as low as 20% theres been a few suprising nibs going all anti KK of late

n3m
30-04-04, 00:24
I've grown to hate the word "nibs"=/

Mr Friendly
30-04-04, 00:28
good to see better pixel shading & dynamic lights to make the surroundings look more alive & real :D

Tratos
30-04-04, 00:29
i havnt posted here of yet, but i have been *watching* and well i cant wait for the trailor, as if it looks damn nice im gonna be waiting for my account time to run out then activate again even if i just explore the whole place to see whats happened :)

Certianly looks nice even on the old engine i like the "area built over water" type of thing with the bridges connecting everywhere looks nice :)

~Tratos

-FN-
30-04-04, 01:57
I'm a bit apprehensive though... some of the best area's in NC atm, take Gaya Mine for instance, are buggy as hell. The zone itself is AWESOME and has detail written all over it, but there are just so many bugs with all those little details. I hope these are well put together :)

ezza
30-04-04, 01:58
I've grown to hate the word "nibs"=/
couldnt really careless, picked it up when i was cartel and still use it, so blame in on those guys :p

Nash_Brigham
30-04-04, 04:06

O_o You on crack or something? 80% of the forum outright called Martin a liar and a betrayer for several days running. You full of shit saying it was only 20%.