PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Pluto Population

uber java
28-04-04, 00:39
Alright KK

Something has to be done about the server populations, this game is getting more boring day after day. I log on to pluto today, 62 people online, 62 people!! and this is a MMORPG?

I don't feel like paying for a MMORPG that is so boring right now that it's not worth playing. Would you enjoy playing a MMORPG on a server with 62 people? I think not.

I don't want to hear the bitching from everyone else, saying go play on a different server, I don't have my character on a different server, I have it on Pluto.

What I want to know, is what is KK going to offer us to stay and play the game with the server population as low as it is?

Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 00:41
Merge servers or let us transfer our char to another server. :p

rob444
28-04-04, 00:43
A merge would be cool, I do however see problems if you got a char on pluto and got 4 chars on saturn you cant transfer your pluto char, if they would make it a 5 char server it would be possible or you could just delete/replace one :P

plague
28-04-04, 00:50
5 char server is too much i don't think there should be even 4 char, one char is enough more than one is exploit (ressing csting stuff for er self) well maby it's not but it's sux.

rob444
28-04-04, 00:52
I have to agree with you, it would be harder to get money if there was one char server.

Psychoninja
28-04-04, 00:54
Open a second char slot?
Dont' like the idea but if it will boost pop go for it.

Dru Blood
28-04-04, 01:00
this is what i think kk should do..... advertise

Scikar
28-04-04, 01:01
It's a bit late for a second Pluto slot, and it won't save it. The ones left on Pluto are the ones who voted against a second slot. The ones who voted for one but didn't get it are now playing on Saturn. And the rest have gone to Venus/Jupiter.

A merge is probably the best bet, dunno how it could be handled though. I know I would just delete my Saturn PE and slot in my Pluto one if I could, probably a bit more difficult for other people though, also what about people with multiple accounts who could put all the chars on one account on Saturn? Or even Uranus, it doesn't have to be a merge with Saturn. But something should probably be done, the population is only going to go down from here, at least until DoY.

RayBob
28-04-04, 01:06
It's sad because I always considered Pluto the best server but even at peak times now it barely reaches 100 and off-peak it is 15-20 people. I've been having a lot of fun on Saturn lately (something I never thought I would do) but I fully understand how uber java feels.

You are just going to have to accept that nothing is going to happen until BDoY is released. There is not going to be any advertising and I am afraid even a few nice patches won't be enough to bring a lot of people back. Add to that, several major MMOs will be released in the next few months.

You will have to consider playing on another server or taking a break from the game for a while.

plague
28-04-04, 01:07
Open a second char slot?
Dont' like the idea but if it will boost pop go for it.

heh it wont, the reason evryone left pluto for saturn(not evryone but alot)
becouse there was higher population then pluto to begin with, i didn't even know that there is 4 chars on saturn when i was leaving pluto (begining retail 02) just went there for 500 + population heh, i hate to c me chars delited but it would be much better in rp sence to have only 1 char server, maby 2 so ppl can play around with different classes, but noway it should be 4. heh I got all classes (cst ress barter and all other slases and directions) on me 2 accounts, there fore i got evrything i can possibly need and get bored very easy which result n00b gankeg. So the point is that with one char server ppl would play more and get bore not as easy as with 4 char server.

Scikar
28-04-04, 01:10
Pluto is standing there as a testament to how the 1 char system doesn't work. Does there need to be any more proof than an empty server?

Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 01:11
Pluto is standing there as a testament to how the 1 char system doesn't work. Does there need to be any more proof than an empty server?

Amen Scikar.

*waits for the people with multiple accounts to argue against Scikar*

:rolleyes:

uber java
28-04-04, 01:14
I'm almost at the point where I don't see why I renewed my account a few weeks ago, I did it because I thought DoY was coming, then I see the September 1st release date, then the population started dropping.

I feel that the people that pay for this game, that is currently unhappy with the game, should be able to get their characters moved off the Pluto server.

I don't mind going to a different server, I want to move to a different server, but I don't see why I should be forced to relevel a character because a server is dying. We should be able to have our characters moved over to another server of our choice, or a complete server merge.

I'm all for merging Uranus/Saturn/Pluto to create a actaul MMORPG server, not sure how it would work, but if KK just actually keep this game alive, they'd find a way to do it, and make it work.

plague
28-04-04, 01:14
I am not going to argue cuz i don't care, but from my point of veiw thats not why pluto is empty uranus is empty too 4 chars, and that good exaple how 4 char server didn't work.

Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 01:17
I don't see why I should be forced to relevel a character because a server is dying.

I completely agree. It's not my frikkin fault pluto's population dropped faster than my pants at a p0rn shop. 8|

I really wish I could move my char. Like Ray said, realisticly not much will change between now and doy. I believe the pop can only go down. :(

RayBob
28-04-04, 01:18
Another problem with Pluto is that the combination of low population and a single character slot makes finding a tradeskiller or poker nearly impossible.

Ascension
28-04-04, 01:27
this was inevitable.. thts all i gotta say:(

plague
28-04-04, 01:30
heh yea this game started to die way before doy relise date was posted, the only hope for high pop now is doy they better not f it up lol

Martin J. Schwiezer
28-04-04, 01:33
DoY will be an even bigger release than the original NC, so it is likely that there will be an even higher pop than there ever was.

About Pluto: Many players moved over to Saturn. There's nothing we could do against that. A merge wouldn't make much sense, since we will need the qty of realms once DoY is out.

SamuraiPizzaCat
28-04-04, 01:35
quick everyone suck up to MJS!!!!!!!!!!

MegaCorp
28-04-04, 01:35
DoY will be an even bigger release than the original NC, so it is likely that there will be an even higher pop than there ever was.
Yep, thats what we're hoping for alright. Fingers firmly crossed.

Spook

plague
28-04-04, 01:40

About Pluto: Many players moved over to Saturn. There's nothing we could do against that. A merge wouldn't make much sense, since we will need the qty of realms once DoY is out.

hehe thats what keeps me caccounts open for now :) love for er cration lol

why don't just move pluto chars to saturn ? and close pluto there is no reason to keep it cuz all new ppl will go to servers with most pop .

Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 01:48
MJS is it possible to move a char from one server to another?

Marx
28-04-04, 01:49
Yes, this is need to know information!

plague
28-04-04, 01:52
It's possible alright any gm can reset stats on chars to caped and/or to what they where on pluto and give you same items and delite stuff on pluto. They prolly wont do it, cuz pluto will remain(at least thats what it looks right now)

Martin J. Schwiezer
28-04-04, 01:53
Of course it is "possible", but there's no standard procedure in place for it yet.

plague
28-04-04, 01:56
Of course it is "possible", but there's no standard procedure in place for it yet.
that brings me to another question, can we transfer our items from chars on pluto to saturn (i got few psi cores and apocs leying around can ya through them on one of the accaunts on saturn pllllsss :D) or can they do it if i e-mail help dest or what ever?

Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 01:59

Could you make one? Normally no char switching is something I can deal with in any mmorpg. But in all the mmorpgs I've played, I never faced such a "dire" situation with population. Doy is near a HALF year away. That's a long time Martin, i'm sure you can agree. I like NC the way it is now(except for ppus :D). I love this game and it's pvp. But the reason I play mmorpgs is for the massivemultiplayer environment. And pluto's lack of population is really crazy. I've never struggled to "find" pvp so much. I can't imagine what will happen in the next 5 months.

Have you ever thought about implementing a standard procedure for that? Even if it means paying a little extra?

Psychoninja
28-04-04, 02:00
I think having some sort of server char xfer system would be nice.
Paying a standard RL or ingame fee would work :p

uber java
28-04-04, 02:05
I'll believe that when I see it.

Well, I say, start getting a standard procedure in place for it, because I want to move from Pluto to a more active server.

I'm sorry but I don't see why I should keep paying for a game that is over a half year away, and on a server with a population of 60.

Psychoninja
28-04-04, 02:07
Well, not to flame but the time you guys spend sitting on pluto, whining about the population, is lvling time on another server gone to waste :p

plague
28-04-04, 02:10
Well, not to flame but the time you guys spend sitting on pluto, whining about the population, is lvling time on another server gone to waste :p
I play on saturn but if I had to relevel any of my chars i'd prolly quit with pop like now, barley any teams no way...

IceStorm
28-04-04, 02:15
I'll be happy when Pluto reaches single-digit populations at night, and not just after a server/Level3 blip.

There's nothing wrong with Pluto. Leave it alone.

Lexxuk
28-04-04, 02:16
Hate to say this, but a few people went from Pluto to Jupiter, which is also a 1 char server. Also, on many occasions, Jupiter has had the highest player count of all the servers, take, the 23rd of April, Jupiter had 355 players @ 21:06, whilst Saturn had 272.

Any "debate" on the multi > 1 char server, is instantly lost, because the 1 char server, has the highest population count, in fact, Venus, was only 3 people lower than Uranus, also a multi char server.

Also, the fact that Saturn is a multi language international server, which has English/German, takes away from any "but its the German speaking server" etc. Because (a) English speaking people from Pluto went there, and (b) Saturn is also a German speaking server, that just happens to speak English and French also.

plague
28-04-04, 02:20
staturn pwnzzz evryone move er chars there, speak up and gm will move it lest have one big populated server :D

Psychoninja
28-04-04, 02:22
I'd go to saturn but I can't seem to stay on there without lagging out or crashing in synch o_O

Lexxuk
Saturn was the first server I played on in Retail, however, Pluto then opened up, so we moved :p

/edit @ below - KOS! <3

garyu69
didn't anyone tell you? Pluto is going to be Beta DoY testing server.....

:D

Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 02:27

*watches Pluto's population skyrocket*

lol

Psychoninja
28-04-04, 02:30

err....yeah.....yeah, it's a secret....infact....the DOY gates are open on pluto right now.....everyone should log on and check it out....lots of hookers....everyone go to pluto now.... :o

jernau
28-04-04, 02:34
It's possible alright any gm can reset stats on chars to caped and/or to what they where on pluto and give you same items and delite stuff on pluto. They prolly wont do it, cuz pluto will remain(at least thats what it looks right now)
Wrong on every single point. Well done.:rolleyes:

Nice use of "yet" there Martin. ;)

It seems to me it would make sense to allow people to move and then make Pluto a clean, fresh start server for DoY. There's always someone whining that they want to start again on a new server. Let them have Pluto

plague
28-04-04, 02:36

It seems to me it would make sense to allow people to move and then make Pluto a clean, fresh start server for DoY. There's always someone whining that they want to start again on a new server. Let them have Pluto
where am i wrong MJS said the same thigs it's possible maby they have different way to do it but the point was(only one) that it's possible.

bah am off work now cy tomorrow =P got anything to say use pm pls :D

Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 02:37

Damn good idea. So you do have your uses Jernau. :D :p

-FN-
28-04-04, 02:41
A merge wouldn't make much sense, since we will need the qty of realms once DoY is out.

You're going to keep multiple English Multichar servers? Did you... not see how thin you guys spread yourself the first time? o_O Please don't be overambitious and release DoY right :(

Your website boasts: "Play with (and against) thousands of players online in the post apocalyptic world of the 28th century."

There have never been a thousand people on a server. Maybe in their prime if you added up all the server populations, you hit 1500. Today, playing on Pluto, you should correct your webpage to say Play with (and against) tens of players online in the post apocalyptic world of the 28th century. There are generally 20-30 people in Pluto and every time I'm on, 5-10 of them are SXR. We play on Saturn occasionally, but the 4-Character structure combined with the complete lack of identity due to the complete anonymity of the players, creates an atmosphere that is simply too juvenile for many people to enjoy.

One 1-Slot English Server.
One 4-Slot English Server.
One 1-Slot German Server.
One 4-Slot German Server.

Why do you need more? Is the whole of France really requiring their own server? o_O If you have to expand, GREAT, do it! But you don't buy 1,000,000 acres of land hoping that people will move into it. You build and grow over time. Granted KK is German company so the popularity is high enough there to warrant the German servers, as well as the ping advantage. The people in the US would surely be playing on a US server if there were such a thing. And please, implement the First Name "Nickname" Last Name idea if the Multi-slot servers are sticking around.

I'll be happy when Pluto reaches single-digit populations at night, and not just after a server/Level3 blip.

There's nothing wrong with Pluto. Leave it alone.

Um... that's what this post is about. It does reach single digits in the early EST AM :p When I play most unfortunately.

jernau
28-04-04, 02:42
where am i wrong MJS said the same thigs it's possible maby they have different way to do it but the point was(only one) that it's possibleMost GMs can't reset stats or spawn items. Only KK staff can do those things. Some GMs are KK staff but even they won't do those things without official clearance.

**looks at SD**
**polishes Holy Para**
**whistles nonchalantly**

Krush
28-04-04, 02:43
I think there should not be any Server transfers.

Jupiter pop is that much because those peopel want to play on a server that has only i Char slot (or they filled or the other servers and need more necron , I can understand that)

The people on Saturn are there not Jupiter cause they want 4 slots.

So I think that should not change. People should have the choice of which type they want.

I also thinmk they should not have charcter transfer.
To me its easier to build up on Saturn because of the other slots.
Jupiter is hard because you have one.
It would be unfair for someone to buil dtheir charcter up on Saturn then transfer them to Jupiter.
Also some events happen on some severs but not on others.

Someone on Saturn can do a day of Scorpion Queen get 100 Titan armours change server and make a mint

jernau
28-04-04, 02:53
Hate to say this, but a few people went from Pluto to Jupiter, which is also a 1 char server. Also, on many occasions, Jupiter has had the highest player count of all the servers, take, the 23rd of April, Jupiter had 355 players @ 21:06, whilst Saturn had 272.

Any "debate" on the multi > 1 char server, is instantly lost, because the 1 char server, has the highest population count, in fact, Venus, was only 3 people lower than Uranus, also a multi char server.

Also, the fact that Saturn is a multi language international server, which has English/German, takes away from any "but its the German speaking server" etc. Because (a) English speaking people from Pluto went there, and (b) Saturn is also a German speaking server, that just happens to speak English and French also.Isn't Venus 2 slots now?

Also there are a lot of people on Jupiter for other reasons, eg.
1) To be on a German speaking server (not everyone speaks English yet)
2) Better RP apparently
3) Becuase both Pluto and Saturn have had major attitude problems in the past

You can't draw any conclusions on the effect of slot-numbers with so much difference.

The only servers you can compare properly in that regard are Saturn/Uranus and Pluto because they are basically the same except for their slot-count.

LaZyBoY
28-04-04, 03:33
make pluto 2 slots :mad:

Kenjuten
28-04-04, 04:00
A lot of MMORPGs have server-moving methods (albeit for a cost), and imo they don't especially need them.

I really think methods should be made ASAP...let some servers be 0 if we want them to be. We'll keep them for when we really need them, BDoY.

((I suppose this post is surprising coming from me. :p))

uber java
28-04-04, 04:01
make pluto 2 slots :mad:
I like the one slot servers, but at the same time, I want to be able to play on a server with more than 60 people at peak time.

SyncError
28-04-04, 04:11
I just recently moved from Saturn to Pluto and all I have to say is that the low population of Pluto is its ONLY negative. Pluto has a great community, I'm happy to have become apart of it and I hope others consider making the move there.

If any of the Tsunami gang I've grown to know over time on Saturn are considering either moving to Pluto or adding a character there to play from time to time... look me up.

- Donnie "SyncError" Domino

LaZyBoY
28-04-04, 04:21
Well with 2 slots everyone would have somthing to do on puto :rolleyes:
You know,your main char then some char your always remaking.

MegaCorp
28-04-04, 04:34
I'm probably wrong on this one ... but it seems to me that whether a server has just one character slot or several doesnt really make any meaningful difference in "game play". Pluto, which is one slot, traditionally has had a lot of players with multiple characters *on Pluto* ... which they accomplish by having multiple accounts. So sure, a one slot server will weed out some players who havent the cash for multiple accounts, but even so, just about every clan i have been in has had a meaningful percentage of its membership composed of several alternates plus their main. So other than being a cash cow for KK, whats the point in single character servers? [shrug]

Spook

Vid Gamer
28-04-04, 04:42
Well.. me, Hitman, and Dezerter killed 30 out of the 40 people that were online lastnight at Chester. :lol:

Marx
28-04-04, 04:46
I'm probably wrong on this one ... but it seems to me that whether a server has just one character slot or several doesnt really make any meaningful difference in "game play". Pluto, which is one slot, traditionally has had a lot of players with multiple characters *on Pluto* ... which they accomplish by having multiple accounts. So sure, a one slot server will weed out some players who havent the cash for multiple accounts, but even so, just about every clan i have been in has had a meaningful percentage of its membership composed of several alternates plus their main. So other than being a cash cow for KK, whats the point in single character servers? [shrug]

Spook
Multiple accounts became prevalent as the server populations began to drop... When it became harder for clans and groups of people to find a decent tradeskiller at their time of play.

Look at it now, in most cases those extra chars that everyone bitches about is a tradeskill gimp or support char. Granted, there are some with excess accounts for another 'normal' combat/fun char, but you also see multiple accounts on saturn and uranus...

Multiple characters are not pluto-specific, however in most cases they're a neccessity on pluto due to low pops.

LaZyBoY
28-04-04, 04:47
Well.. me, Hitman, and Dezerter killed 30 out of the 40 people that were online lastnight at Chester. :lol:
Congrats you most likely killed the servers population. :lol:

Drake6k
28-04-04, 05:58
If KK lost all the 2nd accounts on pluto by opening another slot or two they'd lose half their money. They would probably lose all mine. Like 55% of Mirrorshades are alts. :lol:

Pluto doesn't have as many spys, money has more value, less people have capped alts they will come after you on (yes I know some do but kk likes those people). I like Pluto 14532454435423 times more than Saturn. Pluto was the biggest server before... I guess people moved to Saturn to try other kinds of characters and got hooked on them. It's sad... If more people leave now because of population I'm going to be all alone. Mirrorshades almost never can find anyone to fight. We fight almost every clan on the server now and that isn't even enough. The other night out of all OP holding clans (besides us) there was ONE person on in ONE clan. Pluto has one of the most colorful maps too... lots of different clans. It sucks. 20 - 50 average people on when I play. I cant find a single mmorpg free or pay with less people. Earth and Beyond has more people doesn't it? It's going down in September. Maybe ReaKKtor is planning the same thing :rolleyes: (you know that doy date?)

(I have one account now because of the doy release date)

Kuya
28-04-04, 11:19
is it possible to get your char moved to another server?

n3m
28-04-04, 11:55
Pluto was the biggest server before... When was that? I've been playing since december 2002, Saturn always had the same population (if not higher) than pluto. Thats the reason I started playing on Saturn.

also, the map isn't all black anymore. It's green lightgrey and yellow with sometimes spots of purple and light yellow.

and Kuya, might want to read the thread before you post.

MkVenner
28-04-04, 12:02
thats why i chose saturn when i first started playing, the high pop. I made a guy on Pluto a while back, still got him, tho i stopped playing him because i found it too hard to get the stuff ressed/made that I needed as a new char

Xiphias
28-04-04, 12:03
pluto hopefully isn't dying, maybe its just hibernating... until DOY comes at lest with all the new blood comes in...

which leads to my question, when is 10t gonna start advertising? i haven't seen ANY yet...

INFERNO22
28-04-04, 12:04
LEAVE PLUTO ALONE ,ITS FINE AS IT IS ,DONT MERGE IT!!!!See We dont want to merge pluto or delete it. Its small cos most of the assholes have left and they can go play with the rest of the asshole populationOn another server

El_MUERkO
28-04-04, 12:04
I dont mind any more, I havent been tempted to log in :) tonight I'm going to the pub to twatch the footy, when I get home rather than log onto the pluto server and play in the dust with myself I'll log onto a server with a higher population, the UK Island Hopper Joint Operations server :D

Keep the servers as is for 5 months, watch the pluto population give up hope and eother quit entirely or go dormant, marvel at the day the server has a population of zero :D

MkVenner
28-04-04, 12:07
The only problem i see is that when the new people come, they'll want to play on a server thats got more people on it, which atm = saturn, so unless aload of people who already have pluto chars etc reactivate and populate it to get the new guys on there...dunno...

jernau
28-04-04, 12:25
The only problem i see is that when the new people come, they'll want to play on a server thats got more people on it, which atm = saturn, so unless aload of people who already have pluto chars etc reactivate and populate it to get the new guys on there...dunno...
It'll be fine - most of them will go to Pluto because they think the population count is it's ping.

MkVenner
28-04-04, 12:27
thats not a bad idea actually, put ping next to it to get the lvls up then change it back...jernau you evil genius you

El_MUERkO
28-04-04, 12:30
Yeah and when all the noobs come to pluto you can just pretend all the players are out in the waste lands being ub3r so they'd better level up so they can join the party.

Sorontar
28-04-04, 12:32
I chose Pluto from a RP aspect , in that I will be held accountable for my actions. My name will mean something and if I take a dislike to someone I cannot log a random alt to sort out the issue.

As far as I am concerned all the people who threw their dummy out of their pram and left the game can stay away and all the gankers who seem to have left Pluto can stay where they are.

No doubt there will be plenty of other likeminded souls when BDoY is launched and the single slot servers will get a fair slice of the new influx.

I will wait , I will remain and I will be patient.

Falen
28-04-04, 12:33
ok sooooo we got this down to the fact that both multichar and single char servers can hold good populations for different reasons and the reason why the servers wont populate.... good work on getting a tad off topic boys and girls.

There is nothing as players on pluto we can do as the majority have chosen the said servers... so my question is what does kk plan on doing about this?

NC is gonna have a rough go at the next couple of months and im sure all of these paid people are horridly busy with getting doy ready but as you guys do we still pay for this game and still we expect a certain something out of that.

People have voiced their opions and for the most part it seems that we would like a merge let it be a 5 player server w/e in short all i want is a answer can this and if so will a merge ever be considered within the next couple of months? If not, if that is simply out of the question have there been any other ideas on how to somewhat keep NC alive till doy? If so im sure alot of people would also like to hear this.

olavski
28-04-04, 12:35
It'll be fine - most of them will go to Pluto because they think the population count is it's ping.

That would be funny.

tomparadox
28-04-04, 12:49
Something has to be done about the server populations, this game is getting more boring day after day. I log on to pluto today, 62 people online, 62 people!! and this is a MMORPG?

rofl, its the testserver on a good day(patchday) :rolleyes:

yea. something dose need to be done. it dose get boring...

Jest
28-04-04, 16:31
When was that? I've been playing since december 2002, Saturn always had the same population (if not higher) than pluto. Thats the reason I started playing on Saturn.
The reason I started on Pluto when I first loaded up was because it had 650 people playing on it, which was about 200 higher than the other servers top. I didnt actually realize some servers were German or others were 4 slot at the time.

My clan will be staying on Pluto, but as Jack said, its dissapointing we cant find any one to fight. We cant get any op wars out of any one. There are several clans that are basically inactive and yet even if we hack an op, we not only get dmed saying we are ninjas, they dont try to muster any resistance at all, and the ops usually get hacked back when we have not a single person on. I'm sorry you are all playing on freaking Saturn but either stay on Pluto and give us a fight, or get the f off the server for good and let the active clans have the ops.

FBI
28-04-04, 18:31
Yeh Pluto did originally have the bigger server count along with jupiter until
people just started to get sick of pluto. I know I did, I didn't want to reroll and
waste the many man hours spent leveling my tank... It takes a long time to get
to con 100, from 99 to 100 seemed like an everlasting effort. The only other
option was to take it to another server, saturn was the second grade server
at the time, everyone else from pluto went there so the bandwagon grew.

While there leveling my monk, you decide you can't trust anyone cause their
all alts, so you make your own alt tradeskillers like i did, i made and a another
tank so I could... erm kill my evil twin tank Rizzy, shame he's gone now. Problem
is, saturn started to get boring... Everyone is piss broke from leveling alt chars,
everyone is a stranger and you can't trust anyone under rank x/50! Give your
mc5 to a repairer, even a trusted one can decide to take it if his alt needs it
badly after months of looking/no resource.

One of the things that makes pluto or just one slot servers great is that players
actually make a name for themselves from longer play on a single char. Players
create a solid reputation for themselves as well. If you were to steal something
or gank newbs, whatever, you brand yourself and live with it. Your actions
are spread to everyone quickly from forums etc. On saturn, these aspects don't
exist with multislots.

Most people with "names" on saturn originally came from pluto in that respect,
except the few dedicated from the beginning of retail.

But for those plutonions who left for saturn, it's time to come back to pluto,
we need y'all :( If just 50 of ya came back which would leave saturn at 200
server count still, we'd have enough players to get things "done" to get some
stability back. Do it for me atleast, do it for your home server.

Now for the saturn borns who want to try pluto out, I can help out.. I got
cash, i got resources, hell a years worth. I'll give you a nice headstart, I'm
a nice guy like that. and a wise player.

(VOTE FOR ME. 2 fingers) jk

Parad0x -FBI

(ingame name is Parad0x with a zero '0')

Lexxuk
28-04-04, 18:41
Isn't Venus 2 slots now?

Also there are a lot of people on Jupiter for other reasons, eg.
1) To be on a German speaking server (not everyone speaks English yet)
2) Better RP apparently
3) Becuase both Pluto and Saturn have had major attitude problems in the past

You can't draw any conclusions on the effect of slot-numbers with so much difference.

The only servers you can compare properly in that regard are Saturn/Uranus and Pluto because they are basically the same except for their slot-count.

I have no idea, never bothered with Venus after Odin said it was going to be set up so only people with French OS could log in.

I myself also played on Jupiter a long time ago, its nice there, when people call you names you cant understand a god damned word :D

Al3X
28-04-04, 18:45
omfg omfg omfg
there were 62 people online? THATS A NEW RECORD
last time i checked it was 31
*sigh*

SyncError
28-04-04, 19:31
My clan will be staying on Pluto, but as Jack said, its dissapointing we cant find any one to fight.

You'll get your fight.

plague
28-04-04, 19:46
LEAVE PLUTO ALONE ,ITS FINE AS IT IS ,DONT MERGE IT!!!!See We dont want to merge pluto or delete it. Its small cos most of the assholes have left and they can go play with the rest of the asshole populationOn another server
so anyone who is not playing on pluto is an asshole?? o_O

if so the only person who is an asshole is you.......

garyu69
28-04-04, 19:47
My clan will be staying on Pluto, but as Jack said, its dissapointing we cant find any one to fight.eXo are the 3rd biggest on Pluto now after FF and SXR.

Its sad that i was the only one on last night :(

Aziraphale
28-04-04, 19:49
eXo are the 3rd biggest on Pluto now after FF and SXR.

Its sad that i was the only one on last night :(

Are we (SXR) really that big? o_O

garyu69
28-04-04, 19:50
Are we (SXR) really that big? o_O
Aye, FF top then SXR and then eXo. We have 70 members. Not sure what you have :s

zanzan
28-04-04, 22:10
omfg omfg omfg
there were 62 people online? THATS A NEW RECORD
last time i checked it was 31
*sigh*
:( thats not funny..o wait it is:]

Drake6k
28-04-04, 22:59
Aye, FF top then SXR and then eXo. We have 70 members. Not sure what you have :s

I never see more than 3 FF on. Saw 6 yesterday which was a record for the month. I thought eXo quit? CIX is the most active I've seen. Every time we hack their OP they bring at least 10 guys, 14 last time... SXR might be 2nd biggest (they are on longer than CIX who is Europe I think). Even if they dont know it yet lol, they are very active compared to the rest of Neocron. Mirrorshades are active but we all get on late at night and then we're like 1/4 the server :\ Everyone has a lot of inactive people. Also DB that new tangent clan is up there on the server now in activeness.

DONT LEAVE PLUTO

Al3X
28-04-04, 23:39
:( thats not funny..o wait it is:]i was serious!
well look at it the bright side, at least you wont get pk-ed while lvling

*kugh* cause there is no one to kill you anywayz *kugh*

Liebestoter
29-04-04, 04:31
Oh, NOW there's TS players. BAHHHH.

I miss TS. :(

zanzan
29-04-04, 06:58
i was serious!
well look at it the bright side, at least you wont get pk-ed while lvling

*kugh* cause there is no one to kill you anywayz *kugh*

your right :C

-=BlackBeard=-
29-04-04, 12:08
man i play pluto always have always will it does get kind of depressing once i logged on to find the server with 24 people 3 people in plaza 1 and 1 in plaza 2 ......... also im in silent and atm we want to stay active but how can we be activew with no active enemys to fight?
:(

johngreen2000
29-04-04, 15:26
Just like to put in my 2 cents

Saturn > Pluto :p :lol: ;)

Sir ramic hobbs
29-04-04, 17:51
Uranus is teh pwn i dunno why its the forgotten server
1) you dont get PK'ed every minute just because you are a PP runner.
Quick note dont join PP people kill you because the yhate people who wanna train.
2)OP's are generally open you can always get to jankins, Shirkan CRP, Seiger and a few other normally Grant n Rockshore.
3) friendly people (If you go Uranus Join Underworld *hint* )
4) apart from ressers theres normally a few tradeskillers hangin around | Dm Spoon Lover or one of the alts at my sig if you need a CSt'er

Shakari
29-04-04, 18:29
Amen Scikar.

*waits for the people with multiple accounts to argue against Scikar*

:rolleyes:

NO argument here LOL and i have multiple accounts would be far cheaper if it were a 4 char server :D:D

Mordillo
29-04-04, 23:59
this morning we were 9 on pluto rofl what a mmorpg
MJS if its really possible to move a char with all his stuff from pluto to another server tell us how to do its very important
thx

SyncError
30-04-04, 01:12
this morning we were 9 on pluto rofl what a mmorpg
MJS if its really possible to move a char with all his stuff from pluto to another server tell us how to do its very important
thx

I can't believe YOU would post this after attending todays mini-event in Pepperpark 1 (big thanks goes out to KillerBunny). Maybe you just caught the end of it, but that spawn session as great fun and would have turned into an unplayable pk fest on Saturn as all factions were working together to have a good time.

Why don't you ask MJS if people could move from Saturn to Pluto? Seems to be a better solution.

Celt
30-04-04, 01:53
Merge uranus and pluto, make pluto two slots, and give uranus peeps the option to move the other 2 chars to saturn or venus.

Drake6k
30-04-04, 01:59
Merge uranus and pluto, make pluto two slots, and give uranus peeps the option to move the other 2 chars to saturn or venus.

WTF no they wont remove single character servers. God please no I'd end up quitting. KK makes to much money from those anyways (half of mirrorshades are alts). Why not merge jupiter and pluto, stuff like that? Or oh why not ADVERTISE!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

Celt
30-04-04, 02:02
WTF no they wont remove single character servers. God please no I'd end up quitting. KK makes to much money from those anyways (half of mirrorshades are alts). Why not merge jupiter and pluto, stuff like that? Or oh why not ADVERTISE!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111Believe me, YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY ON A PREDOMINANTLY GERMAN SERVER.

Uranus and pluto have the same vibe, except uranus peeps generally dont look down on other servers.

Mordillo
30-04-04, 07:53
i was at that event and i got 2 titan armor from it but still...we were 50 online and i want play A MMORPG and when i say mmorpg i mean a game where everywhere i go i meet ppl to pk or to talk with so a MASSIVE game.
And at least if i can move my char and its possible why i shouldnt? to stay on pluto and see when it will die? and in the time i stay on pluto what i should do? reroll again and recap? (omg will be the 10 times) or maybe i should fight... what i can fight if there are no1 on :(

Houston
30-04-04, 08:13
Everyones going to saturn we pluto people need to stick together that way mayby later on people will see that a few people play pluto and try it!!! :wtf:

Lafiel
05-05-04, 14:30
wanna see plutos pop double for a half an hour? attack an FF op :lol:

REVKhA
05-05-04, 14:31
[ edited ]

Candaman
06-05-04, 13:33
may i also point out pluto is primarily a US based server, many persons are sleeping due to work and school right now

also as a note there are plenty of threads of the plutos population count

thank you have a nice day runner

Even when pluto was populated during us times there would still only be 40 or 50 people online and half of them were europeans who didn't sleep so since when has pluto been a mainly us server?

Nidhogg
06-05-04, 13:41
Thread merged.

N

Candaman
06-05-04, 14:24
Believe me, YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY ON A PREDOMINANTLY GERMAN SERVER..

Who the hell do u think you are neocron server reviewer??? Jupiter as i have found is the most fun server out of all of them with the least noob buffing zerging and shit going on. Just cus people didn't like ur attitude when u got over does make people NOT WANT TO PLAY ON A PREDOMINANTLY GERMAN SERVER just make them not act like cocks

garyu69
06-05-04, 14:46
i'm still sexing on Pluto. I count as 3 chars there woot

Jest
06-05-04, 16:38
Originally Posted by Freya
may i also point out pluto is primarily a US based server, many persons are sleeping due to work and school right now

also as a note there are plenty of threads of the plutos population count

thank you have a nice day runner When I get home from work and log on to Neocron (living in the pacific time zone) there are at max 60 people, once I saw 39 this week. If thats an example of a peak US time for Pluto, then may God help us all. And btw Pluto is definitely not primarily US from what I can tell. Its about equally divided between Us/Canada and Europeans. By all means merge the Pluto is dead threads into this one but please don't try and deny whats true. Coming from some one in authority it just looks like a pathetic denial. Sadly, MJS has said it best.

Originally Posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
Pluto ist tot

Shadow Dancer
06-05-04, 18:56
Pluto ist tot?

What does that mean?

Jest
06-05-04, 19:15
Pluto ist tot?

What does that mean? Pluto is dead lol.

Shadow Dancer
06-05-04, 19:40
Well that's a bit disheartening, to hear the C.E.O. say that. :wtf:

Jest
06-05-04, 19:42
Well that's a bit disheartening, to hear the C.E.O. say that. :wtf: Yah just a bit. :(

Mordillo
06-05-04, 20:09
if C.E.O. say this i hope some1 is making something to get pluto alive or to merge etc..

FFS i want pvp and very too fucking boring to start a char from 0 with no friends so no help in other server

for example this morning i asked for money or help on saturn and i some ppl just stfu me and said go back to ur server or kill mobs with ur fits ;O
(thats why i get annoyed a lot to lvl from 0 again)

and i have to say this game is fucking amazing for a new to start from 0 ( i mean a new that dont know how to create char)

Pith
06-05-04, 20:35
If you only got about 40 people on at peak times and normally about 15 in the mornings it must cost KK more money and time to keep pluto running, i dunno how many servers pluto runs on but im guessing about 35-55 balde servers or something similar and thats will cost in the bandwidth, time for maintainence and more money to rent the server house where they are all physically located..

So why dont you just merge the database with another server like uranus (this might be hard im not sure) and then move all the pluto servers for stuff like load balancing on the more populated servers so we dont get stuck in synch while zoneing etc... this way the majority can get our pvp and stuffs and we will all be like <3 KK etc..

(probally got stuffs wrong about the technical side)

B.A-Baracus
06-05-04, 21:36
I have no idea, never bothered with Venus after Odin said it was going to be set up so only people with French OS could log in.

When did Odin say this? I have been playing Venus for months now and have acomplished quite alot, Money, MC5, and tons of rares. Me and a few others have spent hundreds of hours so KK will be getting lots of mail

Celt
06-05-04, 21:58
Who the hell do u think you are neocron server reviewer??? Jupiter as i have found is the most fun server out of all of them with the least noob buffing zerging and shit going on. Just cus people didn't like ur attitude when u got over does make people NOT WANT TO PLAY ON A PREDOMINANTLY GERMAN SERVER just make them not act like cocksAh, so its ok to say "you do want to play on a german server" but no to say "you dont want to play on a german server"?

Ask anyone who plays uranus and isnt german speaking.

They'll know.

-FN-
06-05-04, 22:09
Here's a Babelfish Translation (http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr) from: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1365294&highlight=Pluto#post1365294

Babelfish says MJS says: Yep... Pluto is dead. But "Prime" are zwsichen 22:00h and 22:30h. The substantial reason for death of Pluto is however the Saturn server (on that many Plutorianer have changed). On that are for the moment (around 1:50 to) approx.. 250 players on-line. And around 22:00 (peak) on-line were over 300 people alone on Saturn. And today Saturday is not... Sunday. Thus today many are on the way and make for party (if they are more clever) attempt here times not the facts to rotate.

Nice positive outlook there. Some great example setting :rolleyes: So why not just take the damn server down instead of depressing the hell out of your client base with a server with single fucking digit populations?

jernau
07-05-04, 01:02
Pluto is dead lol.Martin really said that?

I don't claim to know much (any) German but how valid is that translation?

edit @ BA : That was said when Venus launched though it never happened. I believe AD have the right to bar non-AD customers in their contract with KK but have never done so. From what I hear the only restriction atm is that support is in French only.

Disturbed021
07-05-04, 02:34
Well hopefully they are smart enough to realize that even tho Pluto is the first to be dieing it means the other servers are not too far behind.
It's a landslide effect that has been underway for quite a long time tbh.

ppl started leaving Pluto long ago. The ppl who were left bought alts to fill the lack of tradeskillers which masked the huge pop problem until just recently.

The announcement of DoY made several ppl quite (from all servers).

Pluto was hit hardest. The ppl not quitting NC are switching servers keeping their numbers up while sending Pluto into a tailspin, but in actuality their numbers are decreasing slowly as well, its just masked by all the refugees from Pluto.

@MJS - I really don't care that you may not consider it your fault that Pluto is dead/dieing.....I want to know what you are going to do about it now. Not "oh DoY will fix it". The fuck it will! If you login to a MMORPG and see server X has 9 ppl and server Y has 220 which one would you pick?
Sorry to sound like a prick but I'm frustrated by the lack of activity.

Lafiel
07-05-04, 02:59
why dont they just remove the option of you seeing how many ppl are on the server... would solve everything :lol: :lol:

Heavyporker
07-05-04, 04:50
I'd say... leave Pluto the fuck alone.

YO'd still complain about the population even with Pluto moved. even if venus went and moved to a separate french-only login with an url that's packed in only to french OS, you'd complain about population. even if a hundred sweatshop kids logged in to saturn and did nothing but tradeskill, you'd complain about the population.

WOULD YOU PEOPLE SHUT UP ABOUT POPULATION!

Clothing_Option
07-05-04, 05:01
i'm still sexing on Pluto. I count as 3 chars there woot
Just like most of us in eXo we had alts..We left the game since BDOY isnt comming out till the fall and theres nothing new to do untill BDOY comes out and thats the reality of it. Also there not going to merge the servers forget it.