PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Flash Animation

Max Jefferson
27-04-04, 20:19
1st Year assignment for my university course, it was a bit rushed, so it's not the best, was going for serious, but I just laugh when I watch it :)

Neocron flash animation (http://www.klaxon.eclipse.co.uk/neocron.html)

THE_TICK!!!!
27-04-04, 20:23
very COOL man i like it..two thumbs up !

Connell
27-04-04, 20:23
Not bad, good animation just seems theres no depth to it

Max Jefferson
27-04-04, 20:24
Thanks dude, let's just hope it passes :)

Yeah, it's a bit shallow, but being the newb I am, I left it to the last 3 days. If I had started earlier, I would have tryed to do a nice one with a story and stuff :)

Lafiel
27-04-04, 20:37
lol thats funny

Heavyporker
27-04-04, 20:49
fucking awesome!

that's a pretty damn good mix...

I LOVED that bit with the newspaper and the drugs.

Organics
27-04-04, 20:52
I like that :)

The newspaper/drugs bit was excellent, nice work man :)

Heavyporker
27-04-04, 20:59
any chance you'll make a direct linnk to the .swf file so we can d/l it?

I can see excellent promo potential with this. I'd be proud to put it on my site.

Shadow Dancer
27-04-04, 21:04
If I never played NC, and saw that vid. It's make me play it in an instant.

Gestra
27-04-04, 21:06
I think its quite shit tbh.

No offence meant.

especially the hand with the gun, just looks really shit likes its done without care skill or thought.

The flash itself lacks any meaning or point. No value to be seen in it.

n3m
27-04-04, 21:19
thought it was pretty funny :shrug:

Opar
27-04-04, 22:18
Brilliant, except from the hand with the gun. Too comical....

subsys
27-04-04, 22:29
like it :), the hand with the gun does look very cartoony, but then maby that was the point.

the only thing i would say is maby consider upping the framerate, atm i presume your using 15 fps, and it looks a bit jerky in places maby consider 20-25 with a few extra frames to make it all a little smoother.

Psychoninja
27-04-04, 23:05
Very nice.

I like how it was a Spy that got gunned down :lol:

cRazy2003
27-04-04, 23:11
lol it was good, for one person it was anyways. and compared to the cdv flash movie for neocron, it was a million times better (then that pieces of shit)
edit: to take away the comical look of the hand why dont u just have half the gun showing on the screen or take a hand holding the gun from a screenie in neocron

Archeus
27-04-04, 23:12
It makes me want to Pk Spies :D

Lexxuk
27-04-04, 23:17
It makes me want to Pk Spies :D

logging on makes u want to pk spies :p

cRazy2003
27-04-04, 23:20
logging on makes u want to pk spies :p

seeing lexx makes me want to pk spies

Lexxuk
27-04-04, 23:27
seeing lexx makes me want to pk spies

being lexx makes me want to pk spies :eek:

cRazy2003
27-04-04, 23:30
being lexx makes me want to pk spies :eek:

i got pwnd :p

G.0.D.
28-04-04, 00:41
LOL just like in real neocron the spy died on one hit, Perfect.
May I make just one sujestion?

Have a person run up and sex the corpse of the spy after about 2 minutes of waiting at the end screen.
erm, anyways good job 5 stars

rob444
28-04-04, 00:50
Yeah it looked good :), liked the close up of the newspaper and boosters. It lagged though :/

bounty
28-04-04, 00:56
Very nice.

I like how it was a Spy that got gunned down :lol:

yeah lol, exactly my thoughts, typical a spy is pwned.

amfest
28-04-04, 01:03
I thought it was alright .. except the hand and the gun bit. You should of just got a close of body view only of someone with a weapon held out and if you didn't want to bother with motion capture just black out with the sounds of the gun fire. Then show the spy dead. I think that could of worked better.

Martin J. Schwiezer
28-04-04, 01:36
Well, it's definitely better than the one CDV made for http://www.neocron-cdv.de (their NC site's down now). So... thumbs up. ;)

Lexxuk
28-04-04, 02:06
Well, it's definitely better than the one CDV made for http://www.neocron-cdv.de (their NC site's down now). So... thumbs up. ;)

a dead cat, being eaten by a mangy mutt which is getting eaten by maggots, was better than the CDV one :angel:

/edit - which is in no way to detract from the flash movie in this thread, just to point out the CDV one was... crap.

MegaCorp
28-04-04, 02:06
Geez ... some of you people have no grasp of relative quality. If your own little child or young kid sister grins up at you and hands you a crayon stick-figure drawing of a horse (that looks like a mailbox) ... are you gonna tell her it looks like shit?!? Gimme a break. Its all relative man. Not everyone can be a professional artist / animator right off the bat for heaven's sake.

Kudos to those of you who have given constructive criticism.

Looks good there guy; much better than i could ever hope to do. Keep at it and some day you'll be the pro these other dudes would love to be able to match.

Spook

jernau
28-04-04, 03:23
Well, it's definitely better than the one CDV made for http://www.neocron-cdv.de (http://www.neocron-cdv.de/) (their NC site's down now). So... thumbs up. ;)
OMG No!!

I hope someone archived that piece of crap. It's part of NC's history.

Twitch
28-04-04, 03:47
pretty good actually, i guess the laser gun could've been done a bit better but for just a guy messing around i think it's nice

kinda looks like an intro for our clan's site :p

Hayato
28-04-04, 05:51
that spy is a symbol for the server Pluto..... very very nice keep up the good work.

Max Jefferson
28-04-04, 11:50
Thanks for all the constructive and destructive critisism. I know the hand looks crap, but to pass I had to include some animated vector stuff, and my artistic skills fall apart on anything more compicated then a square :)

The course is actually Games Computing at Lincoln university, and involves everything from project management to 3D engine programming. This was for my 2D animation unit. Flash is really quite easy to use, I recommend a few people download the trial and give it a bash, who knows, we might get a whole army of neocron flash animation and take over the gaming world :p

.swf (http://www.klaxon.eclipse.co.uk/neocron.swf) File

Thanks again.

EDIT: Damn, I almost forgot. Credits go out to Scientist Zer0 for his wonderful posing for screenshot skillz. Thanks Zer0 :)

Heavyporker
28-04-04, 15:12
thanky, guys, for posting link to .swf

Benjie
28-04-04, 15:20
IMO remove the gunshot and the man getting killed, the into is GREAT! but it needs a proper story. Once the whole thing is finished, touch up some of the cartoony graphics a bit.

Really good start. You have some awesome skills.