PDA

View Full Version : They all come back

garyu69
27-04-04, 19:23
Those who have left NC, my bets are they will be back :)

I've been playing CoH and L2 and from other MMORPG's that i have played before NC has that something which makes it Unique and better than all the rest.

Are there actually any other MMORPG's that give you the freedom to walk around and attack what you want, when you want without having to click here and there.

People say that there is no skill in NC and its all down to your CON setup but surely there is less skill in L2 when all you have to do is attack someone and the stronger and best equiped of the two will win.

I am going to joing L2 and probably CoH Retail, but not right away, maybe in a while. At the moment NC is still my Fave MMORPG out there :) and it always will be.

BRING ON THE DOY!!!

Forget My Name
27-04-04, 19:25
Nah, I am done with this. It isn't the game that I do not like, it is the company I do not trust anymore. There are no good mmorpg's out there right now, so that is why I am still on these forums seeing whats going on. I am just waiting for WoW. Playing shadowbane in the mean time.

Organics
27-04-04, 19:33
WoW looks good.

However, I dislike the amount of money per month most MMORPG's are currently charging. One of the reasons (among many) I left UO was because they jacked it up to 12.99 a month. May not seem like a lot, but I disliked it.

Which is why I like Neocron alot more than most, under a tenner for me to run two accounts? Sold.

:)

Forget My Name
27-04-04, 19:36
You are right, Neocron does have a wonderful price.

But you get what you pay for....

Lexxuk
27-04-04, 19:38
Ryzom is a very good MMORPG with lots of potential, and wonderful visuals, and will have PVP/Op Wars etc.. a very complex system, there are no "levels" just skills, which are like building blocks.

Still has a long way to go though.

Brammers
27-04-04, 19:43
True they do come back, and I suspect word of the next patch is getting everyone's attention as well.

I suspect I will give CoH a try, from what I heard it sounds fun, and a good laff!

garyu69
27-04-04, 19:50
I suspect I will give CoH a try, from what I heard it sounds fun, and a good laff!Aye it is fun. I like protecting the city :D

Sorontar
27-04-04, 19:50
Well I'll meet you in CoH then Brammers , ordered my copy today at work ...... still gonna play NC I'll just have to split my time between the two of them.

icarium
27-04-04, 20:09
tbh i dont think they are coming back 0_o DoY wont change the company nor will it really ADD that much, just another city, it'll be the same old wasteland, the same old ops :confused:

Genty
27-04-04, 20:24
Ryzom is a very good MMORPG with lots of potential, and wonderful visuals, and will have PVP/Op Wars etc.. a very complex system, there are no "levels" just skills, which are like building blocks.

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do. - Henry Ford

uber java
27-04-04, 20:27
Half the people that quit are probably already back, or all they did was delete their character and remake it so that other people would think they did quit.

bounty
27-04-04, 20:28
tbh i dont think they are coming back 0_o DoY wont change the company nor will it really ADD that much, just another city, it'll be the same old wasteland, the same old ops :confused:

i see one person in denial gary69 :D

Lafiel
27-04-04, 20:33

just another city?

stop being ignorant...( :lol: ) and look at the doy notes.... bringing more than just a city... and if u have such a negetivity for this game and its future than how bout u GET THE FUCK OUT

El_MUERkO
27-04-04, 20:33
The Warhammer Online beta goes live some time after E3 and thats what I'm waiting for, for a start there the fighting system is based around the class system, a witchhunter and a witch can go at eachother anywhere cause they are natural enemies but the witchhunter cant go againist another witchhunter except in free for all areas it'd be like being able to fight factions red to you in safe zones but not green or yellow.

icarium
27-04-04, 20:35
just another city?

stop being ignorant...( :lol: ) and look at the doy notes.... bringing more than just a city... and if u have such a negetivity for this game and its future than how bout u GET THE FUCK OUT
kid, shhhhhhhh

i have plenty of spare cash, and [ edited ]:) i feel so damn superior all the time :lol:

icarium
27-04-04, 20:37
The Warhammer Online beta goes live some time after E3 and thats what I'm waiting for, for a start there the fighting system is based around the class system, a witchhunter and a witch can go at eachother anywhere cause they are natural enemies but the witchhunter cant go againist another witchhunter except in free for all areas it'd be like being able to fight factions red to you in safe zones but not green or yellow.

really? that sounds cool, WO was one of the ones i was keeping my eye on

/me goes to check out website

Lafiel
27-04-04, 20:38
kid, shhhhhhhh

i have plenty of spare cash, and [ edited ]:) i feel so damn superior all the time :lol:
i feel sorry for you then

Jest
27-04-04, 20:43
True they do come back, and I suspect word of the next patch is getting everyone's attention as well.

I suspect I will give CoH a try, from what I heard it sounds fun, and a good laff! Well I'm glad there will be a patch and all, but I think you are overestimating its effect. Personally the only thing that interests me in that entire patch is the racetrack GR. Im not saying its a bad patch, there are tons of good stuff in it, drugs, sounds, exploit fixes, mod resistances, dont get me wrong all great stuff. But nothing to bring people to the game. No one will say "Aww dude they changed the MiniLauncher sound lets give NC another try." The patch is good but won't do anything to bring the game population up lets just put it that way.

I suspect the pops will remain low until close to BDoY hits retail.

tomparadox
27-04-04, 20:44
WoW looks good.

However, I dislike the amount of money per month most MMORPG's are currently charging. One of the reasons (among many) I left UO was because they jacked it up to 12.99 a month. May not seem like a lot, but I disliked it.

Which is why I like Neocron alot more than most, under a tenner for me to run two accounts? Sold.

yea... i dont like SWGs price, it sucks $50 for the damn game then $15 a month sometimes 75 for the game if you get there spicial edition. i saw that and said screw SWG... i meen NC is only like 30 for the game and 10 a month and they alot smaler than sony...

EDIT: accidently submited it to soon :/

icarium
27-04-04, 20:50
i feel sorry for you then

theres irony for you :lol:

jiga
27-04-04, 21:10
I'm glad I picked neocron as my first MMORPG. Everything else out there is either sheisser or has orcs elves and gnomes. BTW 'They always come back' is my phrase...nobody use it....or else... :)

suler
27-04-04, 21:24
The thing is though I've only come back before because of people I know still playing not the game.

I don't really like the way the game is now and I haven't since specialization came into play. I still came back a few times because clanmates and other people asked me to no other reason.

Anyways my point is unless everybody else comes back I doubt alot of people will come back.

MegaCorp
27-04-04, 21:34
I suspect it will depend on what else comes along. Both WoW and EQ2 are due at the end of August, and some lesser known games are due between now and then as well. Currently, Neocron provides a certain fun factor with Op fighting that other games don't satisfy for me. But i'll admit that i am sufficiently disgruntled with KK that if a game comes along that *does* provide that same (or better) degree of fun, then i might decide to move on. Time will tell.

Spook

Martin J. Schwiezer
28-04-04, 01:44
I'm pretty sure, that they'll all come back... at least once they get to see the official NC:BDoY trailer. ;)

Shadow Dancer
28-04-04, 01:47
When will we see that trailer?

Psychoninja
28-04-04, 01:51
I'm pretty sure, that they'll all come back... at least once they get to see the official NC:BDoY trailer. ;)

I hate it when you guys do this.
You give us a taste then you let us starve.....
So when is it coming out :angel:

Martin J. Schwiezer
28-04-04, 01:52
@Shadow and Psycho: NO DATES! You know why... ;)

Psychoninja
28-04-04, 01:54
@Shadow and Psycho: NO DATES! You know why... ;)

Because you want me to keep my 3 accts active :confused:

:p

:angel:

Martin J. Schwiezer
28-04-04, 02:00
Because you want me to keep my 3 accts active :confused:

:p

:angel:
EXACTLY!

Well... you would reactivate them after seeing that trailer anyway... ;) It's definitely a hot trailer with a couple of slick DX9 3D engine visuals.

Anyway... since DoY will be out on the 1st of Sep., it's obvious that the trailer will be out much earlier. BUT STILL... I won't give a date... I really grew tired of being called a liar, traitor... pimp... whatever. ;)

Psychoninja
28-04-04, 02:05
EXACTLY!

Well... you would reactivate them after seeing that trailer anyway... ;) It's definitely a hot trailer with a couple of slick DX9 3D engine visuals.

Anyway... since DoY will be out on the 1st of Sep., it's obvious that the trailer will be out much earlier. BUT STILL... I won't give a date... I really grew tired of being called a liar, traitor... pimp... whatever. ;)

I guess we'll wait for it.
We'll make some sort of Money poll and make bets on when it will be out to pass the time :p
If you weren't the CEO I'd ask you to throw in a rolex or two and join in on the bets :cool:

G.0.D.
28-04-04, 02:06
Marty cakes, If you give me a release date via PM ill tell you where the yellow brick road ends :wtf:

garyu69
28-04-04, 02:19
sex
MJS in my topic.

I hope in the trailer you have covered those ugly ass monks up :D

jernau
28-04-04, 03:11
If it's as cool as the original NC trailer it will bring in new players I'm certain.

I'm not at all sure about a lot of those who have left recently but no doubt some will come back.

wrt other MMOs - NC is easily the best thing out there for my tastes. In fact nothing else (in either retail or beta) comes within a million miles of it. That doesn't mean it's not seriously fucked-up atm though, it just means all the others don't even have anything to fuck up.

CoH and Ryzom are both great games but not my thing. Ryzom could become something I'd get hooked into but atm it's not quite.

@Genty - Very true, however it already has almost as many features as NC (maybe more, I'm not that far in yet), many of those features are miles ahead of NC and even though it's a pretty early beta it hasn't crashed on me once in 20+ hours of play so far. Laggy though, and slow but that's beta code for you. It's not good that most games I see now that are 6 months or more from release are more solid, more complete and more balanced than NC is after 18 months in retail.

suler
28-04-04, 07:12

uh I think whoever called you a pimp used the word wrong.

jernau
28-04-04, 07:14
uh I think whoever called you a pimp used the word wrong.You didn't see the suit he was wearing then. ;)

Original monk
28-04-04, 09:34
You didn't see the suit he was wearing then. ;)

mm, then it still depends ...

fe: what hat was he wearing ?

http://users.pandora.be/original/pimp.bmp

and did he had a magicstick with em ?

http://users.pandora.be/original/pimp2.jpg

otherwise where talking about fake-pimpin here :)

Argent
28-04-04, 09:40

Perfect, you've learned your lesson, took a bit but you did. Maybe I can remove my sig now :p

--------

Oh well, I will be back for DoY most likely, though I hope my chars will not be removed from the database. Is there any official word how are the old accounts going to be wiped before DoY? Will they be deleted 3 months after deactivation?

Barak
28-04-04, 11:22
That the trailer with your next rolex at the end of it?

muahahaha

/runs

hinch
28-04-04, 12:00

lol

should have let fang make it :)

Nash_Brigham
28-04-04, 12:07
lol

should have let fang make it :)
I doubt Fang has access tot eh new engine. Well, here is hoping the new engine is what we all hope it will be *raises dr. pepper can*

hinch
28-04-04, 12:22
no unfortunatly we dont though if we were to get access then a couple of us and KK staff as the extras could make something pretty good :)

Furion
28-04-04, 14:46
sadly i wont be coming back.....

maybe in 2005, but not for the doy release...

the community (my friends) was the only thing keeping me playing for the last year, the first 6 months was gameplay, lol.
now most of my friends have left and im playing another game. i still visit these forums tho, old habit i guess...

Lafiel
28-04-04, 14:48
than why are you here now may i ask.... he hardest era of neocron... why would you pick to quit right before the revamp?

Furion
28-04-04, 14:51
what revamp? the next patch means nothing to me, doy? 5 months man....

why leave? pluto population, go look at it.... like 70 at peak, rofl

garyu69
28-04-04, 14:54
the people who reckon that they are not coming back, why are they still on the forums?

Its not like it is a social thing as they are still posting in topics about neocron.

methinks they are lying to themselves and know they will be back, hence why they can't let go :)

Furion
28-04-04, 14:55
the game im playing atm is swg, ever been to the forums there? its a mess. as i said, i still visit these forums, i still care about the game, i just dont play it. its supposed to be a MASSIVE multiplayer online game, not the size of ur random fps online game...

ezza
28-04-04, 14:56
the people who reckon that they are not coming back, why are they still on the forums?

Its not like it is a social thing as they are still posting in topics about neocron.

methinks they are lying to themselves and know they will be back, hence why they can't let go :)
never understood about that posting even though left thing.

when i leave the posting stops, not got any intention of leaving atm though

Mr_Snow
28-04-04, 14:58

Havent found another forum to spam yet and Im bored pretty sure its the same for alot of people, also even though Im not playing and doubt I will reactivate I still have an interest in the progress or lack of of this game.

El_MUERkO
28-04-04, 15:24
In fact, for the game's first anniversary during the week of May 17, SOE plans to stage the largest battle ever. To do this, it's reactivating the accounts of anybody who has ever played the game. It doesn't matter whether you quit or not - you'll be able to sign in and play for the entire week.

This is one way sony are trying to bring back old players to PS.

Forget My Name
28-04-04, 15:45

No, I just post here when the Shaodwbane servers go down. I also post a Knights Online, and Savage forums. This is just another forum that now keeps me amused while my gaming is down.

icarium
28-04-04, 19:00

nah just biding time till wow or warhammer online

Indrid Cold
28-04-04, 20:25
Having left for 8 months due to various Server/client software frustrations; and then coming back because I saw a BDOY preorder (and some patches), only to learn a week after I signed up that it's not coming out until September, really hurts. I was all excited about getting that BDOY, then it's like I got smashed in the face with a hammer for being excited. Enough gripe.

I played DAoC and AO in those eight months. NeoCron does have one thing above these games. It's a lot funner. You just have to learn to deal with idiot 12 year olds, and not as much variety, and a very tiny worldspace. NeoCron down't have that boring click and point leveling treadmill, in NeoCron I can hide behind buildings DAMNIT! If some silly little bitch or group of bitches is talking shit, you can make them put thier skills where thier mouth is.

Lets not forget Pepper Park, other games advertize with skimpy outfits, NeoCron doesn't it but could with no outfits. 'Cause I sure do love boobies, although they are sharp and blocky.

MJS: Give us a BUNCH of BDOY trailers, like one a month until BDOY. You could even hold the boobies one for August. They could all have a theme, like, Here's the canyons, and here is the desert, and here is TH, and here is the MB, and here is NeoCron, and here is DOY with boobies.

I want smooth boobies with motion capture strippers, to be here now. :(

lordofkhaoz
28-04-04, 20:26
im back after a year :P lol wonder if anyone i used to play with is still around ..

icarium
28-04-04, 21:25
probably not, but your a hellsing fan so evidently a man with taste. you'll make new friends ;)

Nash_Brigham
28-04-04, 22:35
what revamp? the next patch means nothing to me, doy? 5 months man....

why leave? pluto population, go look at it.... like 70 at peak, rofl
Hrmm, was alot higher when I logged in the other day. However, there are other servers than pluto. Time to shift your base of operations.

Jest
28-04-04, 22:45
Hrmm, was alot higher when I logged in the other day. However, there are other servers than pluto. Time to shift your base of operations. And perpetuate the cycle of people leaving? No thanks. I'll stick with Pluto, because I owe it to my fellow Plutonians. If people leave Pluto then how can they ever expect for the pops to get better? Thats what annoys me. People who have been long time Pluto players who complain about the low population but then go and play other servers. Well no wonder the population is so low. Any player that considers Pluto home and complains about the server population, but then spends their time on Saturn while contuining to complain, well you can just kiss my ass. ;)

Centuri
28-04-04, 23:26
I wont be coming back either, most of my friends that I had in the game have now gone, the company developing the game has let me down and has lost my trust, I dont beleive this game can get better. There are a few nice MMORPGs coming up now and I have also got addicted to battlefield 1942, a very nice fps game :)

I would like to compare this game to one other than I know off, Jumgpate. The Doy addon will just be like the additions netdevil did with Jumpgate, that didn't improve the population and after a few years its averaging around 90 players at peak time.

I had wished this game would have been a bigger hit, but for the last 3-4 months I was playing I was playing for my clan. Now that no longer exists nothing can bring me back.

Althou if kk get some good advertising done for doy then theres a good chance it could bring in new blood and repopulate the servers as long as content and fixes are being added on a fairly regular bases. Well thats my opinion.

REMUS
29-04-04, 01:23
just another city?

if you look on the patch notes for line age 2's latest patch it has more content than doy and its free.

EDIT: Same as centuri, the main reason i played for the last few months was becuase of xio, rambo, masta killa, tupac and a few other good freinds now they arnt playing anymore i've got no reason to log on anymore, i won't be back unless tupac convinces me

jernau
29-04-04, 01:24
if you look on the patch notes for line age 2's latest patch it has more content than doy and its free.
New improved elf knickers?

REMUS
29-04-04, 01:29
New improved elf knickers?

lol its well funny they allowed upskirt shots on elves :wtf: they added 12 new armour skins as well its all good, only problem i have with it atm is the fucking mages have a freeze spell........... fookin para :p

my elf is as lv 31, human 20, dwarf 21 and im really enjoying it, if anyone wants a hand on the erica server pm me ere

Nash_Brigham
29-04-04, 03:25
lol its well funny they allowed upskirt shots on elves :wtf: they added 12 new armour skins as well its all good, only problem i have with it atm is the fucking mages have a freeze spell........... fookin para :p

my elf is as lv 31, human 20, dwarf 21 and im really enjoying it, if anyone wants a hand on the erica server pm me ere
Yea, things that were suppose to have been out during the beta. :rolleyes:

Kenjuten
29-04-04, 03:38
And perpetuate the cycle of people leaving? No thanks. I'll stick with Pluto, because I owe it to my fellow Plutonians. If people leave Pluto then how can they ever expect for the pops to get better? Thats what annoys me. People who have been long time Pluto players who complain about the low population but then go and play other servers. Well no wonder the population is so low. Any player that considers Pluto home and complains about the server population, but then spends their time on Saturn while contuining to complain, well you can just kiss my ass. ;)
mm. That used to be my arguement long ago, but since people decided they had no obligation to stay, I decided to just let it drop.

I still 100% agree tho.

jernau
29-04-04, 04:01
Yea, things that were suppose to have been out during the beta. :rolleyes:
It's not a bug. The target audience wants half-naked elves so that's what it gives them. Look at their website - they have loads of screenies of the characters wearing even less than they normally do (which is not much). They clearly designed the emotes like they are, you don't accidentally animate a skirt flying over a chick's head.

Smacktard
29-04-04, 05:32
I left to go play Star Wars Galaxies last year. Yep, I came back to Neocron. But I did not close my Star Wars account. I just play both. And when City of Heroes online game comes out, I will sign up for that one too and have THREE online accounts that I will gladly pay for each month. No problems here. :)

VetteroX
29-04-04, 12:35
A lot of people including myself never said they were gone for good, most said "Im sick of KK's lies + server populations are too low, Im out, may be back for DoY" totaly leaving the possibility they might come back. If somehow magivcally server populations triple, before DoY, id play again, or if DoY's good, ill play again, but for now im sick to death of kk's lies and theres nothing to do in game. I brows the forums cause I wanna stay up to date, and some amusing stuff still happens on the forums.

Original monk
29-04-04, 13:05
A lot of people including myself never said they were gone for good, most said "Im sick of KK's lies + server populations are too low, Im out, may be back for DoY" totaly leaving the possibility they might come back. If somehow magivcally server populations triple, before DoY, id play again, or if DoY's good, ill play again, but for now im sick to death of kk's lies and theres nothing to do in game. I brows the forums cause I wanna stay up to date, and some amusing stuff still happens on the forums.

altough not in my nature i have to agree with vetterox :)

i like gaming alot ... i like neocron alot ...

i do NOT like being fucked around with for so long ...

fucked with classes, weapons, everything ya can imagine ...

on other games hilevel players get presents for the commitment ... they get new land (project entropia land grab) where they can build on, special mobs etc

in this game there is only one thing a hilevel player gets: A BIG FAT NERF