PDA

View Full Version : Full skill release with NC:Bdoy?

Oath
27-04-04, 16:25
Simple enough, do you think there should be?

If yes why?
If no same.

With the new shit coming with it i think there should be, but thats just my opinion.

MkVenner
27-04-04, 16:28
Yeah with all the new stuff, gliders for instance, and some req's are bound to change...people are gunna need to respend there points.

Also people are gunna wanna play around with new stuff, like the gliders without having to make a new char and skill em all the way up to what u need

oh and ive fooked up me con and i cant be bothered to lom :D joke

hinch
27-04-04, 16:29
at first i was like OHNOZ

but now im like yeah there should be a complete and total whipe

chars clans everything

start completely afresh there is still some people benefiting from exploits and bugs from start of retail start clean and fix it all

also fixes the balance of power and other such crap and means all chars start the same

Jest
27-04-04, 16:29
It should be optional I sure as hell dont want to reassign all my skill points. :p

Scikar
27-04-04, 16:30
Half and half really. Glider reqs aren't too extreme, I think people should be rewarded for taking the time to set their char up in advance, rather than on 1st September there are suddenly no pistol, rifle or droner spies, instead all are flying around in gliders.

EDIT: And hacking through HackNet. ;)

MkVenner
27-04-04, 16:31
i can see what hinch is saying, like some people got a "leg-up" at the biginning and you cant really set them apart, so all should be wiped...but...wasnt the idea of the WoC skills to give people who are already capped something else to do?

Oath
27-04-04, 16:31

chars clans everything

start completely afresh there is still some people benefiting from exploits and bugs from start of retail start clean and fix it all

also fixes the balance of power and other such crap and means all chars start the same

I'd love a full wipe for doy, but mjs said it aint gonna happen :/

Geth
27-04-04, 16:36
A good idea, but I agree it should be optional. If I came online and found all my stats pooled back into points, I'd never remember where they all had been. Mind you I could just get off my lazy ass and write them down somewhere :rolleyes:

Sorontar
27-04-04, 16:36
Yeah I think it would be good, but will we go through the whole design process again I wonder.

Aren't the new characters designed in more detail , with more variance in appearance etc.and new skill design possibly.

It would make sense if we were taken through the whole process again I reckon.

Oath
27-04-04, 16:41
Yeah I think it would be good, but will we go through the whole design process again I wonder.

Aren't the new characters designed in more detail , with more variance in appearance etc.and new skill design possibly.

It would make sense if we were taken through the whole process again I reckon.

Thats the problem, no-one knows O_o, so im just seeing what everyone else thinks.

If the way resists work is changed then i know personally im gonna have to lom a shitload of con :) but also for the tl changes in weapons.

Assuming we dont get them before doy of course.

omg someone said no, your all kos now :p

Oath , ino , Maarten , ]v[ortice , ___T-X____ KSOKSOKSKSOK!

ino
27-04-04, 16:43
skill point release sure Im not going to change anything.

reset everything hell no. Im NOT going to replay all the hours on my ppu up to soon int 98 again if they dont fix the damn int xp gain ALOT. The other chars sure whipe them clean but if you touch my ppu I will fuck you up :)

]v[ortice
27-04-04, 16:43
I've voted no...

I don't want a skill release personally, but I know people who do.

I'd prefer options or checkboxes the first time you log your character on to BDoY that lets you pick and choose which of your characters have their skillpoints released.

Having 2 accounts, I personally don't want to re-skill all eight of my characters.

It was me Oathie :P

Strych9
27-04-04, 16:54
The one thing I think is in favor of a reskill is the drastic changes in geography.

Safe zones are being moved, and half of the population is being shipped out to the other side of the map. And that half, typically, is not high in tradeskiller concentrations.

Tradeskillers *typically* play factions that are allied/neutral to most other factions... and those typical tradeskill factions are all gonna be in Neocron.

So I can see why that would perhaps mandate a skill point release.

I am not saying thats a big argument, but I think its a valid one.

athon
27-04-04, 17:10
No, because I don't want to re-assign all my skill points on all my chars, and also, it will take a short while to know what changes you will want / need anyway, especially for newer / lower level characters. I can put up with LoMs thank you.

Perhaps some sort of 'super LoMs' should be available, one for each of the main skills, that releases all the points in that main skill, gives you a 200% SI hit and hits you for the appropiate amount of experiance.

Athon Solo

naimex
27-04-04, 17:32
where is the option of putting a NPC ingame, who you can talk to if you want your skills released ?

Archeus
27-04-04, 18:22
where is the option of putting a NPC ingame, who you can talk to if you want your skills released ?

no no no,, you want a suicide booth that resets your skills and outputs milkey rens when a person goes through it.... OMG... MILKEY RENS ARE PEOPLE!

hivemind
27-04-04, 18:42

chars clans everything

Agreed 100%

Nice fresh start for all.

If people quit over it, so what? Not like we haven't lost almost everyone already, and this would both bring back players and encourage new players.

Strych9
27-04-04, 19:05
Agreed 100%

If people quit over it, so what? Not like we haven't lost almost everyone already, and this would both bring back players and encourage new players.Dont sidetrack this thread with this stuff again. Go read any of the other threads where people asked for a total wipe, and you will find the responses to your comments there. They have announced they wont wipe chars for BDOY.

Organics
27-04-04, 19:20
Fuck wiping.

:)

I don't care how much people think "Yes a wipe would be great". It should be optional, if you choose to wipe, then fine, go ahead and do it.

But it should NOT be imposed on everyone.

Fuck wiping, optional only kthxbye.

(edit: and the official statement says "Nope" to wiping. So boo hoo for you :D)

Shadow Dancer
27-04-04, 19:29
This thread isn't about a stupid wipe, it's about skill release. jeez.

Anyways I vote yes. And make it optional so the people who don't want it don't get stressed out by spending 1 min to reassign their skills.

Organics
27-04-04, 19:30
That's the wipe I meant SD :D

Not the wipe characters/everything thing :p Just the skills ^^

(edit: one min? From what I read I'm assuming if a skill wipe appeared, we'd be starting from scratch and lvling back up again? Which is why I said fuck that. )

Strych9
27-04-04, 19:35
That's the wipe I meant SD :D

Not the wipe characters/everything thing :p Just the skills ^^

(edit: one min? From what I read I'm assuming if a skill wipe appeared, we'd be starting from scratch and lvling back up again? Which is why I said fuck that. )Not skill wipe, skill RELEASE. I.e. you log in, and in your skills you reassign your points how you want to.

Organics
27-04-04, 19:39
Jolly good :D

That'd be a good idea, although wouldn't it create a lot of cookie chars?

Oath
27-04-04, 20:38

Its the secret answer d) put a NPC ingame, who you can talk to if you want your skills released.

:lol:

I'm not asking for solutions, i want to know how people feel about it, if you think it should be optional then fair enough.

I agree that some people are either too lazy to remember or write down what they had, if you think yes people should be allowed the OPTION fair enough, answer yes but make it clear that you have reservations, answer no if you dont think there should be a release of anykind. simple enough?

But i get what your saying naimex and i should have added a 'yes but' option.

Lafiel
27-04-04, 20:39

chars clans everything

if they do that than im quitting and sewing KK for wasting my time

Oath
27-04-04, 20:43
Agreed 100%

If people quit over it, so what? Not like we haven't lost almost everyone already, and this would both bring back players and encourage new players.

Another reason why i mention a full wipe.

It would be beneficial to new players as well as to the older ones (in other ways) people wouldnt be so put off by capped tanks with ubar swirleh thingys peekayoring in teh aggressorinatorz onoz!oN$irh, a fresh start to me at least is most welcome, although i think it would negate the amount of effort i've put into my new monk alone recently, i stil lthink its for the best and so i can come to terms with it, but i understand that people don't wanna lose their chars they've spent time on.

Fair enough.

As i said if there was a skill release it should be optional and im sorry i wasnt much clearer before.

It's not like its gonna happen anyway, but lets just assume that kk pay attention to the forums :p

Parappa
27-04-04, 20:53
Well be lucky if they don't totally destroy our chars when upgrading the servers.

MegaCorp
27-04-04, 20:56
Yes, a full skill release, but make it be optional.

Spook

Strych9
27-04-04, 20:59
It would be beneficial to new players as well as to the older ones (in other ways) people wouldnt be so put off by capped tanks with ubar swirleh thingys peekayoring in teh aggressorinatorz onoz!oN$irhOkay, since we want to bring this up, here is the nutshell response to this:

1. The true asset in Neocron is knowing how to play the game, not the swirley. You can reset all chars, but vets will still have an enormous advantage over newbs.
2. Because of #1, the lack of tanks PKing in the aggie cellars will last all of a day or two, then back to business as normal. I suspect maybe a full week before you start seeing swirlies.
3. In my mind, a reset will only INCREASE the gap. At least now there is a surplus of imps and weapons out there. If a newb needs Viper King, a moto 3, whatever... its easy to locate. Wipe the chars, and newbs will have a harder time getting stuff they need. Fewer handouts from vets to help them along. Fewer constructors willing to build good weapons for them. Etc. The vets wont struggle, but the newbs will struggle more.
4. One month after a wipe, everything is back to how it is now, cause you cant wipe the knowledge of how to play the game.
5. We will always have newbs coming into the game. So a wipe will only possibly help for the newbs at that time. All future newbs will still have to face tanks PKing in the aggie cellars.

Mighty Max
27-04-04, 21:02
/me votes for full skill release

"You new rank is now 0/2."

optionally bundled with.

"Your inventory is cleared, Thank you for using Mr.Trash"

jiga
4. One month after a wipe, everything is back to how it is now,
cause you cant wipe the knowledge of how to play the game
It can be arranged

Shadow Dancer
Strych just destroyed the opposing arguement.

<3

Lafiel
27-04-04, 21:07
if they do a char wipe i would be fuming and kicking myself for not selling my char wile i could........ capped int monk = deletion = ME PISSED OFF

Oath
27-04-04, 21:08
Strych just destroyed the opposing arguement.

<3

No he didnt, because we're not voting on a full wipe, in my opinion there should be, but thats not what i asked is it, i asked YOU to tell me your opinion on a SKILL RELEASE, though it has gone a little off topic the thread was never about a full server wipe.

Strych9
27-04-04, 21:16
No he didnt, because we're not voting on a full wipe, in my opinion there should be, but thats not what i asked is it, i asked YOU to tell me your opinion on a SKILL RELEASE, though it has gone a little off topic the thread was never about a full server wipe.I think he meant the people that went off topic and were asking for a char wipe. He didnt mean I responded to what you said.

If you look you will see that I asked people to drop the char wipe and stay on topic, but since it came back up I responded in kind.

I even gave an argument FOR a skill release.

jiga
27-04-04, 21:24
Actually i have just noticed something. If we do a character wipe with doy wouldn't that completely ruin all motivation to play the game b4 doy since it with all be destroyed once doy comes out

Oath
27-04-04, 21:24
I think he meant the people that went off topic and were asking for a char wipe. He didnt mean I responded to what you said.

If you look you will see that I asked people to drop the char wipe and stay on topic, but since it came back up I responded in kind.

I even gave an argument FOR a skill release.

My bad :p