PDA

View Full Version : Leveling a PE

Garg [RogueNET]
27-04-04, 08:58
I've started my 3rd PE.. and none of them has reached above rank 20, I always get tired of lvling them.. they are to weak to fight anything and cant use any real weapons in quite some lvling.... and still i see ppl who get their PA in a few hours, so WHERE ON EARTH DO YOU PPL LVL!?!??!

(Server: Saturn)

ZoomZoom
27-04-04, 09:05
o dear

lvling a pe is so easy its not like its a spy or anything.... all u have to do is have 35 trans and the rest of ur str on resist force 50 psi use or wotever then u can out heal aggies pretty soon there is ur lvling place too then put some con on resist poison head down to chaos caves then lvl there.

pes only need 25 mil to fully cap dex
spys need erm 150+ mil to fully cap dex i dunno still lvling my spy

ps: 97 base dex w00t

Crest
27-04-04, 09:06
adding to this would be my question ....

Setups ... I never done a PE before, so I gone Pistol .. .and I now got a PE ....

Started putting into health and Athletics with a little on recycle, Hack with WL, Pure Pistol no TC yet ... Only level 16 ....

What do I watch out for, where should my points be focused for a good pvp cons setup ... what are the ADV / Dis Adv of low tech vs hi tech ...

As for leveling ... I played him about 2 hours , on a server that does not seem too friendly - Lack of trade skills (Except for when one or 2 key players are on ... Thanks guys)
So includes weapon builds, and no armour , with little cash , no chips

Place I always start is Aggies ... Leave le in and hunt there until I can solo an aggie then Can pull out le as other guys should not loose SL by accidently killling you... I think a Key to PE leveling is teaming ... as my understanding is it levels your psi pretty well ....

Thats my advice so far ... Next step will be mutant pool for me

Garg [RogueNET]
27-04-04, 09:07
I was thinking bout getting some HC and going to farid with a nade launcher.. and maybe going to cyclops pits with a combat-hoover... but ur idea seems good =)

Thanks

ZoomZoom
27-04-04, 09:08
Pure Pistol no TC yet ... Only level 16 ....

i would cap dex with a libby then if i wanted to go tc i would lom and then recap dex as u might lose some lvls.

0 slot libbys are cheap and is very good for lvling.

Garg [RogueNET]
27-04-04, 09:09
Im going Low-Tech so im gonna take my Libby from my spy so TC is not an issue atm

Tenchi_Runyo
27-04-04, 09:16
let me take this chance to laugh at you hysterically for not being able to level a pe high, HAHAHAHHAHA. Okay, I'm done.

Garg [RogueNET]
27-04-04, 09:18
/set slap Tenchi 1
/set repeat_command 1
/set kill_Tenchi 1

Tenchi_Runyo
27-04-04, 09:21
LMAO, you're Roguenet, you WISH you could kill me. :lol:

Garg [RogueNET]
27-04-04, 09:27
(Keep it ingame)

Now plz leave my topic and ill not gank u to hard in NC.

MkVenner
27-04-04, 09:36
yeah I just started a new MC PE

My first one had 100 Hack the rest in WL, Enough RC to cap a PE, enough TC to use stealth 1 (lomming that tommorrow), enough Veh to drive a 4x4 and the rest in Agi. My Con is borked and need major lommage, not bad for a 1st time tho.

I just lvled in the sewers till i could use the bottom AR then went to the Industrial Sector storage (the one with all the butchees etc) with a 3 slot TL3 heal and a shit load of Medis. I didnt use any imps till i could use them to get a TAR, that way when i died i only lost a TL3 heal or a medipack...coz i died quite a bit

naimex
27-04-04, 09:38
just get to a decent pistol (dex 25 or so)

go to mb or that j07 sector (there are launchers at that tower)

(get to dex 47)

go hunt steppe creatures (desert beast, desert reptile, giant desert beast, giant desert reptile, decayed brute and decayed horror)

(The above mentioned mobs are all force, even though their shots look like fireballs.)

(hunt them, kill them, and when you think you´re ready, go hunt warbots and hovers)

Just remember, when you hunt warbots and hovers, whilst you´re low lvl..

HAVE COVER !

preferably a hill, that you can run around, keeping your opponent in an angle unable to fire, and move to the other side, when the opponent comes over the hill, to get a LOF on you.

Garg [RogueNET]
27-04-04, 09:43
both good ideas, thanks..

PS: I still see u in my topic Tenchi !!!

SynC_187
27-04-04, 11:24
Most PE's seem to say the last thing they cap is con.

I leveled Sewers -> Aggies -> Chaos Caves

Make sure you always grab missions in Aggies so you level PSI quickly.

Leveling in Chaos Caves was great for con. I capped it around 65 - 70 dex.

This was my first PE (apart from a completely screwed up one when I first started), took me 2 - 3 weeks to cap all skills.

Make sure you get good constructed weapons, its a must for leveling a PE quickly.

MkVenner
27-04-04, 11:25
Yeah i still got 120k left to cap con, i coulda done it months ago but just couldnt be asked lol

ezza
27-04-04, 12:11
Yeah i still got 120k left to cap con, i coulda done it months ago but just couldnt be asked lol
just hang around the MB next time im there and ill give you a hand with the cons :D

MkVenner
27-04-04, 12:12
i bet you would :lol:

Crest
27-04-04, 12:42
Any ideas of Setups for Cons ?

Using PA probably be start .... where do you put the stats though, and at what level do you have health ... Just a ball park figure .... no need to give your secrets away

SynC_187
27-04-04, 12:47
Aim for around 400 health with buffs.

Get Skillmanager advance and use it as a guide for resist/armour combinations.

MkVenner
27-04-04, 13:59
I spec for NRG and XRAY the most, at least 80 plus, 400 Health when self buffed (if your gunna spend alkot of time with a PPU then change it accordingly) i got a little in End so i dont have too rely on boosters too much. Thats for my RC PE which is kinda old. I gunna have to reconfigure for fire since the Dev came out.

My MC PE is gunna go for more like 500 health self buffed and 112 NRG and XRAy, tho thats final after a PPR amd gamma bones.

Get the skill manager its handy (tho if i remeber the PvP damage is a little borked)

SynC_187
27-04-04, 16:07
Get the skill manager its handy (tho if i remeber the PvP damage is a little borked)

Yep.

Not perfect but helps as a rough guide.

Kugero
27-04-04, 16:20
PE's are a bit slow to start off but once they get going there's not much they can't solo (with a bit of brains and the right equipment).

make sure you run missions to get your base PSI up. Once you can start casting heal and s/d it's all good.

if you go tech and can get ahold of a TEP do so - imo they're one of the best leveling pistols out there - excellent dmg/rng for it's TL and a huge clip size (115 per shot to cyclops at weapon cap for my PE)

I started off with the local NC leveling areas. As soon as I could I moved out to MB or Chester for the cyclops. After that it was mostly WBs and Brutes/Horrors (never had easy access to the east side). I'm capped with the exception of 2 con levels (so yea con is a bitch).

Don't sweat PvP right away. Dump about 50 points in hack for the wbs and maybe even some Veh so you can drive out to the areas controlled by enemy factions. You can always lom over later to pure PvP.

If you can score a moveon it'll let you wear the heavier armor and with the right implant setup the medium belts ...

hivemind
27-04-04, 18:38
One thing I always do with spies and PEs is to put all their initial INT points in IMP. Then as soon as you log in, run down to aggys and grab a foot bone off the floor. Then start poking yourself. Poke that foot 'till it breaks (may require drugs for Spy), get yourself a few really quick levels of INT and DEX. Then find a higher level implant and do it some more.

I usually do this until it starts going too slow. By that time I usually poke 50-something, have 50-something WEP, 50-something AGI, and 50-something R-C or P-C. Generally takes about an hour.

Even better if you start as City Merc and can get in a bunker team while you're poking yourself. Nice pile of LVL 1 implants usually laying around for you to poke yourself with too. And you can poke teammates while poking yourself. :eek:

Later you can LOM the IMP out if you don't want it, but it's nice while leveling.

Organics
27-04-04, 19:29
Good thread :) My PE is a bit fucked, as Organics was the first char I made and didn't have much info about creating :) So some LOMing needed, possibly I make a Rifle PE soon too.

Thx for tip hivemind, I never thought about doing that :)

@Kugero

What is a TEP? Tangent (something) Pistol ?

hivemind
27-04-04, 19:32
Tangent Epic Pistol

;)

Organics
27-04-04, 19:34
Ahhhh righty, cheers again hivemind ;)

Cool, I thought those things were crap. I'll have to finish my TT epic and maybe get one. Can't decide if I want that or the TT lasercannon though. Heard Ezza said the lasercannon was quite good too. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

greendonkeyuk
27-04-04, 19:38
recycle skill is good early on for new chars regardless of class tbh, you can make plenty of ammo/medis which help and can build you a few extra dex points while youre shooting people/mobs. I tried the poke thing to level but having done it to level 35 with one apu and one ppu i decided i couldnt face it again. The aggy mission in a nice sized team thing is probably the best idea as you get to shoot stuff which is marginally more fun than poking, i got my first pe to level /30 on the first day i played with him. he was my 3rd char (tank spy prev) and so i never bothered with imps etc to start with, jus mission after mission after mission till i could use all the basic level 1 buffs then i went trotting off to find some launchers.

Kugero
28-04-04, 16:24
Ahhhh righty, cheers again hivemind ;)

Cool, I thought those things were crap. I'll have to finish my TT epic and maybe get one. Can't decide if I want that or the TT lasercannon though. Heard Ezza said the lasercannon was quite good too. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Well I've attempted some PvP with it and it does ok. Just ok. Might be related more to my aim issues that the pistol but there are certainly better PvP pistols out there.

However for hunting purposes (with pistols), imo it's still the best thing going:
1) Epic so it doesn't drop (well it's not supposed to anyway)
2) 40 rnd clip
3) I can almost hit the clipping plane on range
4) 115 to 50/50, 88 to 80/80 so I'm pretty happy with the dmg (without dmg boost and before the upcoming MoB armor rules)
5) RoF is nice and combined with the large clip it's a MoB nutkicker
6) Repairs back to 120/120

<--- TEP fanboi :D

Strych9
28-04-04, 16:55
Well I've attempted some PvP with it and it does ok. Just ok. Might be related more to my aim issues that the pistol but there are certainly better PvP pistols out there.

However for hunting purposes (with pistols), imo it's still the best thing going:
1) Epic so it doesn't drop (well it's not supposed to anyway)
2) 40 rnd clip
3) I can almost hit the clipping plane on range
4) 115 to 50/50, 88 to 80/80 so I'm pretty happy with the dmg (without dmg boost and before the upcoming MoB armor rules)
5) RoF is nice and combined with the large clip it's a MoB nutkicker
6) Repairs back to 120/120

<--- TEP fanboi :DSame with the Tangent Speed Gat. Its the only direct fire weap I ever use for mobbing. When I hit the caves, its Doomie/Moonie in slot 1, and TSG in slot 2. CS does more damage, but the TSG as you said always repairs to 120. Too nice.

Judge
28-04-04, 17:25
let me take this chance to laugh at you hysterically for not being able to level a pe high, HAHAHAHHAHA. Okay, I'm done.

If I may use lex's smiley: http://www.furious-angels.com/images/smiles/sd.gif