PDA

View Full Version : Bring back kick from team?

jernau
27-04-04, 00:16
I'm sick and tired of seeing teams like this in high-level caves :
55/60
50/50
60/52
57/56
8/10

I don't know what kind of fucktard brings a level 10 into those caves in the first place or what moron thinks it's a good plan to invite them but it's very annoying.

It's doubly annoying when the team is full and you can't add a proper player because of it.

It's triply annoying when that means un-teamed players that should be in the team (usually melee tanks but that's another gripe...) die and screw everyone's SL.

Asking them to leave rarely works.
Explaining that there is no point them being in that cave doesn't work.
Explaining that they gain no team XP never works.
Letting them die and not ressing them sometimes works but often just causes agro (eg they log on an alt and try to gank the team in the back :wtf: ).

Please let us kick them. Give the rights to whoever makes the team or to the highest rank only to prevent abuse or make it a majority vote. Anything but please let us lose these idiots.

/edits - spelling only.

Clownst0pper
27-04-04, 00:18
It should be possible, but only with a majority vote from the team, not a single player. Or it would be abused big time.

Everyone knows how harsh my XP teams are, I just kill anyone 2 low. LOL :lol:

John_Ravenhawk
27-04-04, 00:19
how does the shared xp work i usually hunt solo so I never really looked at shared xp.

plague
27-04-04, 00:21
Yea good idea, I feel the same way.
--------------------------------------------
It should be possible, but only with a majority vote from the team, not a single player. Or it would be abused big time.
-----------------------------------------------
There should be team leader the one who started the team he would kick ppl out or highest ranked player(hmm that would be abused too, i dunno =P)

Kenjuten
27-04-04, 00:21
@ Jernau: I don't see why not...

ZoomZoom
27-04-04, 00:34
yea there is always some nub who is in team and is afk at plaza. :mad:

jernau
27-04-04, 00:39
yea there is always some nub who is in team and is afk at plaza. :mad:
Yes, doh, I meant to mention that too.

I think it often happens when they leave in a hurry after getting their SL screwed (as above) and go AFK in an apt and also sometimes it can be a bug.

Cytaur
27-04-04, 00:44
there should be a team leader -- he should be able to invite and to kick people...

plague
27-04-04, 00:47
there should be a team leader -- he should be able to invite and to kick people...

^
|
| just said that in previous post :D
|

Omnituens
27-04-04, 01:18
usually melee tanks but that's another gripe
gah dont get me started on melee users in caves.

/set kick_melee_from_CAVE 1

plague
27-04-04, 01:19
gah dont get me started on melee users in caves.

/set kick_melee_from_CAVE 1

hehe just shot them who care you don't loose sl :D <---melee tank

Omnituens
27-04-04, 01:25
hehe just shot them who care you don't loose sl :D <---melee tank
its when im barreling the monsters and then they start whining saying "dont fucking barrel them when im attacking!!111oneoneimanoobwithapointystick"

go chop up a small sewer rat.

plague
27-04-04, 01:26
it when im barreling the monsters and then they start whining saying "dont fucking barrel them when im attacking!!!11111oneoneoneimanoobwithapointystick"

go chop up a small sewer rat.

hehe when they start whine on me apu i just kill them i hate ppl whine.
but as melee tank i like ppl barreling and shoting sht outa me, me const lvl like no other :D

"111oneoneimanoobwithapointystick"

lol funny =P you should try melee it's teh funn espetially with new rare baseball bat coming out hehe ph33r me =P

SypH
27-04-04, 01:52
Hey if someone barrels the crap out of me while I'm using a melee in a cave, as long as I can get a rezz should the worst happen, I'll be happy for the extra con xp:p I hate seeing low level people in the caves. Its not like they can add anything to the team and they usually just run in and die. And there is always some git who adds a noob to the team.

Shadow Dancer
27-04-04, 01:56
And there is always some git who adds a noob to the team.

erm :o

*cough* yea I hate those guys. Bunch of jerks...............yea...

tomparadox
27-04-04, 02:38
55/60
50/50
60/52
57/56
8/10

I don't know what kind of fucktard brings a level 10 into those caves in the first place or what moron thinks it's a good plan to invite them but it's very annoying.

It's doubly annoying when the team is full and you can't add a proper player because of it.

It's triply annoying when that means un-teamed players that should be in the team (usually melee tanks but that's another gripe...) die and screw everyone's SL.

Letting them die and not ressing them sometimes works but often just causes agro (eg they log on an alt and try to gank the team in the back ).

Please let us kick them. Give the rights to whoever makes the team or to the highest rank only to prevent abuse or make it a majority vote. Anything but please let us lose these idiots.

yea i know.. that pisses me off alot. happend to me ppuing a team. i got fucking sick of rezzing him so ilet him die. he loged alt and tryed to kill me Oo but i killed him with my pistol ppu Oo

EDIT : offtopic:i also hate people going afk in the damn caves. i meen wtf? there was a ppu afk for like 3 houres in one cave i was at.. fooking got sick of talking to him so i jest ganked him right there...

aelfkins
27-04-04, 04:31
I think it should be a vote. What if the leaders the one you want to kick?

:)

Kenjuten
27-04-04, 05:03
I think it should be a vote. What if the leaders the one you want to kick?

:)...Then you /leave and start a new team.

It's not THAT hard. I've seen guilds and clans in other games walk out on their leaders and do things their way.

Maarten
27-04-04, 09:17
I think everyone should be able to kick someone out of the team. Just like everyone is able to join someone into the team.
But the entire team should be notified about changes like this.

"Player X just invited Player Y into the team."
"Player Y joined the team."
"Player Z kicked Player Y out of the team."

This way, you know who to turn to to ask an explenation.
And while we are on the subject, also add lines like this:

"Player X just died."
"Player Z looted Player X's Quickaccesbelt."

For even more team functionality would be those two options in your team window:

"The team is allowed to loot your belt: YES/NO"
"The team is allowed to loot your kills: YES/NO"

My thoughts anyway...

jernau
27-04-04, 09:22
I like those ideas.

IIRC it used to be that anyone could kick but there were no messages. Adding notifications would probably resolve much of the abuse though it would still worry me a bit. Maybe have it so there is a 30 second delay before kicking but after the notification so people can check their fire.

ZAMOLXE
27-04-04, 10:11
Yep, good ideea.
Implement also the "team_maker" feature.
The first on top ist the team_maker, he has the right to invite/kick player.
If the first is gone, the second take his place and come on top of the team_list.
The last invited member is also the last in the team_list.

zam

Neocrons_coward
27-04-04, 11:19
55/60
50/50
60/52
57/56
8/10

Letting them die and not ressing them sometimes works but often just causes agro (eg they log on an alt and try to gank the team in the back :wtf: ).

/edits - spelling only.

If a 8/10 wants to go hunting where they can gain a little exp give me a buzz on my character Yahantica and ill take ya aggies... I gotta talking of aggies get someone to kill them all as im trapped with 1 hp :( i logged at last minute!

so whoever trapped me in the aggies (coz they blocking entrance...) well done :P hehe

jernau
27-04-04, 11:25
You stay in-game for 30 seconds after your client exits so if you logged with 1HP and under attack you are dead.

wrt noobs in the caves (again) - Does anyone think they really are noobs? What I mean is, if they had really only been in-game a few days why would they know of those caves or think they could survive in there. I'm sure they are just morons who have somehow managed to level another char without acquiring a single clue along the way.

Opar
27-04-04, 17:29
Make it like Quake 3. So you have to do a Team vote. If 50%+ vote to kick M. X, he's kicked...

Strych9
27-04-04, 17:33
Just as a side note-

Say you and five high level chars are in the caves. 8/10 newb runs up and starts attacking.

In THAT case, it *is* wise to add them to team just so you can avoid SL loss should you damage them.

Just wanted to point that out to those that consider anyone that adds a low level runner to a team a newb or whatever. Sometimes its smart if the team isnt full, and the 8/10 refuses to leave. Add them to team, kill them, dont rezz them. Problem solved. If they come back, do it again. If they get the hint, and dont leave team, then if you need their spot, just reform team.

Archeus
27-04-04, 18:24
a little off topic but I see they have added an option now that you can see who voted yes/no. :eek:

jernau
27-04-04, 21:05
a little off topic but I see they have added an option now that you can see who voted yes/no. :eek:Yeah I meant to mention that. I noticed the tick-box when I added the poll. Cool isn't it. I looked back a few pages and no-one else seems to have noticed which is a shame, there are a few polls I'd be interested to see the names on.

It's cool to know things like Gotter voted "yes" before even I had a chance. :D

/edit @ Strych9 - Good point. Even in small teams though they are a pain and often people in the team bitch for some reason if you do the team-gank-don't ress thing.:wtf: