PDA

View Full Version : MJS: Advertize!

Indrid Cold
26-04-04, 18:07
After being gone 8 months, I come back to server populations that are HALF of what they once were. It got me thinking...

I remember when I first played the offline demo (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/110059.shtml); I thought to myself, man I bet this ROCKS with LOTS of people. I can't even remember where I got the demo from. Too bad I hadn't heard of NeoCron beforehand. So I went to the store to try and find it. I went to THREE stores, and I had to ask a man behind the counter if they had it, and they did buried way back in the employee only area of the store.

A couple of months later I got my friend into it. We had to go to six stores to find it. At the fourth store there was a box but no game, and at the sixth it was still behind the counter.

When I reactivated my account, I couldn't find my NC CDs and I thought I was surley screwed. I spent a couple of hours digging through boxes (because I just moved), then it hit me. You guys STILL have the 10 day trial download. Please make use of it!

You need to advertize!

The game has low populations because you never advertize. Sure CDV screwed you in initial distribution, but that doesn't mean you can't and pimp out the game. I bet a single AD on Penny Arcade, IGN forums, or some other gaming related site would bring in a whole lot of new players. Heck, I even bet some of the forum members here would be glad to whip you up some nice banners for free, as long as it brings the population back up.

I want this to be FPS-MMORPG instead of FPS-MORPG. Please put a paycheck down on some advertizing. It's an investment in your future.

P.S. Are the coders even working on patches or just BDOY?

Marx
26-04-04, 18:10
The game will be advertised.

The question is: When.

Indrid Cold
26-04-04, 18:14
The game should ALWAYS be advertized, like any other MMORPG. You can find ads for any large MMORPG any time it is running. They even advertize for not released expansion packs, and people still visit the site.

I'm no photochoppist, but I'd like to see what the forum can whip up in this thread. Lots of people have great sigs, just think of it as you making a sig for neocron so they can paste it on some suckers webpage

Lexxuk
26-04-04, 18:18
tbh, there is no point in advertising at this moment in time. server population is too low, so any new players who came into the game at this stage, would probably leave during the 10 day trial, and not come back for DOY.

KK's best chance is a large campaign on release of DOY, when NC/DOY will be together as a single package.

hivemind
26-04-04, 18:19
The community has made banners before. I seem to remember someone even got an MC5 chip for the winner or something.

The ads are there, they just need to be spread around.

FFS, get an ad on Penny Arcade. That's how I found out about Neocron, and I brought in like 15 people with me. Sadly, only 4 of us are left.

Please, please PLEASE hire a North American advertising agency to promote the game over here.

Zaq
26-04-04, 18:31
If I remember correctly I got into Neocron because the offline demo was on a cover CD of Computer Shopper (a long time ago). Slightly different experience to the actual game though lol

but it was all there - shooting bats / mutants with a pistol, constructing a rocket launcher, using it on terrorists :p exploring plaza, chatting with cop bots, it was great. Why not quickly update that demo and stick it on a cover CD again??

Indrid Cold
26-04-04, 18:38
Found it (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=74955&highlight=NeoCron+banner). I've only been back a week or two, and seeing the community give so much support makes me a happier monk. Maybe if we make MORE, KK will advertize.

I've always wanted the game to be better, even when I left it was out of frustration that things were not getting done.

Now would be the best time to advertize! You get your foot in the door before all the other MMORPGs have thier expansions hit, and all sorts of new games come out. Summer break is just around the corner!

At the moment, the only things bothering me about NC is the insanly low populations, whiners, and Faction balance.

Indrid Cold
26-04-04, 18:39
Zaq: That is exactly where I got it!

I think the banners should show off the graphic engine, even if it gets 10fps with full vegitation.

Kenjuten
26-04-04, 20:08
I quickly skimmed the thread, but I do have to say that lex has a solid point.

Mostly because I can't find any way to counter it. :p

Lexxuk
26-04-04, 20:29
I quickly skimmed the thread, but I do have to say that lex has a solid point.

Mostly because I can't find any way to counter it. :p

My points are always valid, and probably pointy, with little spikes on the top! Ph34r my pointy points! :D

/p.s. gimme + Rep everyone, only on 32 now hehehe