PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to RP volunteers.

Heavyporker
26-04-04, 17:28
I want to know how many ppl are willing to volunteer for parts in some events I *might* be coming out with on Pluto. So, please, sign up here - your faction, class, and skills (yeah, I have to concede that "killing" is a skill, but I'd prefer that it be tempered with some roleplay. Tradeskillers are more than welcome to be part), and times you're most likely on.

Can't guarantee that you'll get paid in cash or items (running low atm), with events, the playing is the reward itself. :P

hinch
26-04-04, 17:34
damn fking role players

get outta our game fs your spoiling our fps game.
as for you tradeskillers ie: everything none tank.

get back into plaza we need you for making researching and repairing our battle weary equipment. stop getting ideas above your stature of doing something else.

Heavyporker
26-04-04, 17:37
hinch... if that was a joke... it was in fucking poor taste.

Get the hell off my thread.

XSuneX
26-04-04, 17:42
Sounds too difficult, But I'll do it if you PAY ME!

What do you think this is? TheSimsOnline?

Marx
26-04-04, 17:43
get back into plaza we need you for making researching and repairing our battle weary equipment. stop getting ideas above your stature of doing something else.
When people start paying well...

:rolleyes:

I'm up for it Heavy.

Heavyporker
26-04-04, 17:46
I probably should explain in a bit more detail - some events I might need assistance in keeping things sorted and running, in other events I might need actors that'll interact with teams of runners, in yet others... well, let's say that I need able-bodied men (and women, damn lib movement), to bleed and die for me...

that get you guys excited?

paolo escobar
26-04-04, 17:56
jeezus, the ppl who want payment for helping you out are the wrong ppl for the job, so fuck em.

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 17:57
I'll help.

oh yea

um I'm an apu. I have mad pvp skilz. :D

And I also drive a hover-tec. :p

Aziraphale
26-04-04, 17:57
I'd be more than up for it.
Althalus - Female rifle spy - Constructor - Biotech.
Skills include making really badly slotted weapons (dispite a good const level =/), driving all vehicles, running like a gazelle, and getting out of tight situations.
PvP isn't a strong point (my resists suck nadgers) but I still give it a go, and I make a competant sniper.

slaughteruall
26-04-04, 18:01
Depending when it is i have a alt on pluto i havn't played in a LONG time. I could help help.

iret - no where near capped rifle/resser spy FA - (limited GR's)

Slaughter

Ryuben
26-04-04, 18:07
damn fking role players

lol hinchie

:D

i actually remember teh big old spys = plaza 1 debatem before sniper rifles, stealth, epic chips and decent weapons *sigh* those were the days

no one in plaza now cos they are all PvM viable and not gimped cos they are a trade skiller

Brammers
26-04-04, 18:53
I'll help, and since Phoenix is a roleplay clan I'll happily nominate my members to help out.

...and all for free as well.

Runner: Brammers
Occupation: CEO Phoenix Ltd, and Vice Chairman to Fallen Angels.
Faction: Fallen Angels
Class: Spy (Capped)
Skills: Droner,Constructor and can drive upto VCH 37.

Original monk
26-04-04, 19:18
damn fking role players

ok, heavyporker, maybe the timing wasnt exactly right, directly the second post he ...

but this is ROFLMAO LOL

i yust pissed my pants, daamn none-tanks, daamn roleplayers

:D

edit: im sorry for offtopic btw, on saturn its more of an MMOPG ... pitty

Zu (Pluto)
26-04-04, 19:49
I had a mad, mad crazy idea at one point of making a "Actor" clan. That is, this clan exists purely so you can rename rank titles so a runner can join purely to borrow another name so they can play an NPC. In other words, say you want to do a runner event but you need say 4 NPCs to manage things. Normally, you need EC/GMs to create those roles and play them. The idea is you find 4 volunteers instead who join "Actor" for the duration of the live-run and you just assign the clan rank title to the name of the character they are playing. People who want to hire the Actor clan will need to pay us so we can stock up cabinets with "stock items" to play the roles.

It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing and sortof lets you see who they are meant to be. If the live-run was to "kill bill" then the runners can track down people until they find the actor playing bill (and kill him). When done, they leave and rejoin whatever clan they normally are.

I can't remember why I didin't do it in the end. Some logistics problems or something else. Not enough it? Fraid of people ripping the clan off? Perhaps I just never got that far or maybe it was due to the chance in the way changing factions work. Thought I'll just throw it back into the pot in case you can use it HP.

Zu

Kenjuten
26-04-04, 20:30
I will offer my services, but I'll have to be told in advance when to get online...I can't be ingame often. :p

Morpheous
26-04-04, 20:38
I'm in, i'm an experienced RPer on Pluto and work in Phoenix Ltd.

Class: Spy
Clan/Position: Phoenix/Head of Section 2
Name: Morpheous
Specialities: Heavy Combat (STR43 H-C97), Vehicle use(VHC 110), Hightech Combat (T-C100), Hacking(HCK135base/190buffedimped)
Not the average spy.... ^_^

I also have nearly every vehicle in the game, and can drive anything and gun most things- HA trike rocks! ;)

Xylaz
26-04-04, 21:34
If you can do something to make me log into NC - then great, count me in... although i haven't played for a week or so... And the wierd thing is - the longer i wait the harder is for me to think of any possible reason worth playing this game...

i'm just waiting... untill something happens... if nothing's gonna change i'm going to give away my account once and for good. I don't care about Bdoy anymore, i care about fun i've once had playing this game. I don't believe KK are able to restore this, but if players can do it, then hell yeah i'll be back.

Azariah Raven
DS Diplomat (the last member of the dead BioTech clan)
Melee/hybrid tank, vhc 50, recycle 45, repair up to tl 105
roleplayer...

Dribble Joy
26-04-04, 21:38
I'm here, but I'm a CM on uranus.

deac
26-04-04, 22:13
hinch... if that was a joke... it was in fucking poor taste.

Get the hell off my thread.

loool really give up with rp its not going to work out...

since retail start i never seen one rp:er :D

Kenjuten
26-04-04, 22:27
That might be because you choose NOT to see us. :p

Heavyporker
27-04-04, 00:14
I'm gratified by such an outpouring of support, hinch and deac excluded.
I'm impressed by the number of vec-drivers in this thread

I was thinking of making a few simple events, a wheelbike racetrack race this weekend, maybe even a crosscountry race provided I can get some suprises set up. Have the prizes ready, much thanks to Phoenix LTD.

Still in talks with Alex Starr about some VERY impressive events I had proposed, damn KK dragging their feet, LOL .

And, zu, that sounds like a pretty impressive idea... I can see some problems with it because of - player names gonna be stuck, clan name gonna be visible, player name in local ALWAYS gives you away as player not NPC, and you're stuck in one faction. I'm thinking that churning out some trail accounts MIGHT be the solution to having some flexibility with characters :)

I'm going to have to work on clarifying some scripts and look at the storyline for a firmer background for the live-run ideas.

I really wish that more clans as a whole would volunteer... and yes, even the PvP clans. Again, thanks o Phoenix for stepping up.

John_Ravenhawk
27-04-04, 00:15
I will help..

John_Ravenhawk
27-04-04, 00:16
i drive vehicles also

hinch
27-04-04, 10:24
actually i was stating the obvious since tanks are supposed to be the only truly combat class all you spies get tradeskilling to keep us tanks kitted out

you monks should all be ppu only to keep my ass alive

and you pe's should do my delivery runs like buying armour and kitting me out with rare weapons and implants for my pvp skills.

but as you look at teh game currently there is no rpg only fps.

so doy is surprisingly delayed again which in turn causes all the fps gamers and powergamers to fuck off as such leaving low populations of roleplayers only.

btw i started playing my pistol pe on uranus again recently i wanted to go pking and i couldnt find a single person without an LE in :( most destressing

Heavyporker
27-04-04, 10:32
Would you get OFF this thread and STAY OUT, hinch! I'm not interested in some fucking "oh I'm so leet I pk everything, everything my damn bitches"

winnoc
27-04-04, 11:04
I'm in.
Pluto you say?
I'll get me a Tsunami Gigolo there, named Johny Love :-)

hinch
27-04-04, 11:16
*sigh* and you wanted roleplayers :(

cant even do it your self oh well suggest you read up on class's and traits before continueing in your adventure

good luck

ezza
27-04-04, 11:58
*sigh* and you wanted roleplayers :(

cant even do it your self oh well suggest you read up on class's and traits before continueing in your adventure

good luck
if though your tank impression on the other post was nice :)
and i agree :D

hinch
27-04-04, 12:01
well i find it amusing someone shouts i want roleplayers then when someone posts something clearly rp they just overlook it :rolleyes:

one of the joys of rp it can be used at anypoint with regards to anything and with any fasion

hell most of us rp every day just when they post on the forums and you dont even realise it.

ezza
27-04-04, 12:02
well i find it amusing someone shouts i want roleplayers then when someone posts something clearly rp they just overlook it :rolleyes:

one of the joys of rp it can be used at anypoint with regards to anything and with any fasion

hell most of us rp every day just when they post on the forums and you dont even realise it.
they have set ideas as to what roleplayers are thats why

hinch
27-04-04, 12:07
indeed which in turn would make me believe they would fail badly or just not know what to do if they ever tied perhaps rl roleplay ie: vampire or warewolf etc.

ofc desktop roleplay is good but all too un-interactive (is that a word?) because at the end of the day its only roleplay to a certain extent as yo uspend the rest of your time storylineing and statsing.

*shrugs* oh well suppose some of these guys are too young anyway

BlackwooD
27-04-04, 13:26
Im game. But I wont be online till mid june. Count me in though

`FA

VampeD = H-C Tank
BlackwooD IV = PPU

both pure and true