PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Tangent on Uranus.

DeanVee
26-04-04, 15:29
I've got a 28/40 M-C Tank, still LE'd but that's not helping me right now (Some PPU cast a Damage Add on the Butchee I was slicing and I was dead shortly after. Nice move.)

I don't have a problem taking it out, but want to get clanned.

I'm "Dean Vee" in game. lmk in game or here if anyone's recuiting.

Thankya.

hinch
26-04-04, 15:31
hrmp i doubt the ppu had anything to do with the butchee killing you

theres no way a ppu can increase teh abilitys of a mob vs a player

however butchees do punch hard as hell so dont let it punch you stand back and shoot the thing

enigma_b17
26-04-04, 15:34
well if u read his post again ull hear him say hes a melee tank, not a hc tank, so he has to get close to "shoot" the mob :)

DeanVee
26-04-04, 15:38
I've been hacking these things up all week. Two at a time now is possible.

I saw the cast anim on the mob, and he hit way harder than before.

To be fair, Jeriko changed hands at least twice this weekend. So I can understand enemy factions wanting to clear out the zone. Was just kinda surprising.

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 15:39
Their are no spells to boost the offensive power of people or mobs.

Maybe the PPU casted damage boost on you?

slaughteruall
26-04-04, 15:45
Their are no spells to boost the offensive power of people or mobs.

Maybe the PPU casted damage boost on you?

He has LE in you cant be dmg boosted with a LE in.

And combat buffs do boost the offensive power of people that is why they are called combat buffs they dont had to combat skills for nothing.

Slaughter

enigma_b17
26-04-04, 15:51
"Their are no spells to boost the offensive power of people or mobs."

erm heat resist booster, heavy combat booster, sound familiar? they cant be used on mobs though, but on other runners yea they can lol

hinch
26-04-04, 15:54
the only thing the ppu could have done is shelter/deflector the mob but then that only works on certain mobs.

there is nothing he could have cast which would make the mob do more damage to someone else. mobs do fixed damage regardless.

im placing money that some armour broke by accident and or the launcher punched him and he wasnt paying attention

olavski
26-04-04, 15:56
:D more and more offtopic

;)

anyway, check the ingame (faction) forums, ask on faction chat etc.

gl.

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 16:00
He has LE in you cant be dmg boosted with a LE in.

And combat buffs do boost the offensive power of people that is why they are called combat buffs they dont had to combat skills for nothing.

Slaughter

Ahh, I musta read too quickly. Didn't see that he had LE in.

Yes i guess combat buffs do boost the offensive power of people. Not much though. When I made that statement I was thinking of his "damage add" that he was talking about.

Enigma, how does heat resist boost someone's offense? :p

SirRah
26-04-04, 16:01
you really sure about tangent? I'd help you coming to FA, we have nicer clans :p

anyway if you do want to stay TT then i'd say go to The Underworld maybe. they are an english TT clan and some are quite ok, even when they are my enemies...

really think about coming FA. ;)

Come FA...

:angel:

hinch
26-04-04, 16:01
naah FA is full of nubs :)

sex rah

enigma_b17
26-04-04, 16:02
well if some1 has more hp does it not mean they can withstand more and technically do more damage cause they can last longer :)

SirRah
26-04-04, 16:02
but we have sexy TH and sexy tech thingys <3 :p

DeanVee
26-04-04, 16:08
I wouldn't be against changing faction, and TH certainly has it's merits.

Tried to strike up a conversation with some Underworlders last night, it went something like this.

Me: Hey, hows it going, what are the good Tangent clans?
UW: I don't think there are any.
Me: Ok, I just figured since you were in one an all... nm.

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 16:10
well if some1 has more hp does it not mean they can withstand more and technically do more damage cause they can last longer :)

No, i'm only talking about direct influences. Otherwise if we start stretching it I can say that you should lose SL for casting heat resist on someone who is attacking a neutral. Because they have more HP, so they can fight longer, thereby doing more damage. o_O

SirRah
26-04-04, 16:10
I wouldn't be against changing faction, and TH certainly has it's merits.

Tried to strike up a conversation with some Underworlders last night, it went something like this.

Me: Hey, hows it going, what are the good Tangent clans?
UW: I don't think there are any.
Me: Ok, I just figured since you were in one an all... nm.

i never said they are good - they are just TT and they only one i'd recommend. :p

but yea FA is better ;)

DeanVee
26-04-04, 16:19
What's the FA alignment going to be post DoY?
KOS in both cities?

What about MB and the canyon?

J. Folsom
26-04-04, 16:23
What's the FA alignment going to be post DoY?
KOS in both cities?

What about MB and the canyon?
While it hasn't been confirmed yet...

The canyon are highly likely to move over to DoY's side; and will thus be KOS inside of Neocron.
FA is reasonably likely to move over to DoY's side as well, but it's less of a certainty.
MB, well, since they're Mercenaries it all depends on whoever offers them the most money... However, since DoY is apparently somewhat ruined it seems likely Neocron could pay them more.

Those are just my estimates, I might be completely wrong here.

SirRah
26-04-04, 16:23
TG is and will be anticity; FA will prolly be too (I'm not 100% sure tho); CM will most likely be pro city but again not sure.

Kenjuten
26-04-04, 19:59
*reads up*

In response to the original post... Damage Add = Damage Boost...and you know, when a mob gets Damage Boost put on them, it doesn't make their attacks stronger, it makes their resists weaker. O_o

So yeah...lemme just say that you need a rehaul on combat training if you had a PPU help you out yet you still couldn't do it.

Either that or more leveling. Which I hope is more the case.

Edit: Re-read first post... 28/40? I retract my second, more merciful thought about you needing more levels. :p

DeanVee
26-04-04, 21:38
Lets try this again.

I've never played with a PPU or as a PPU (although I logged back onto my pluto APU char and found all my psi and int points in the pool again, so I made it straight PPU, just not tried to use it yet), so I'm not familiar with the names of PPU spells.

All I know is, I was at Jeriko with a couple guys in monk PA running around, since I'm LE'd I didn't pay much attention but turn around to find a butchee with what looks to be some kind of spell cast on him. (thinking about it, isn't there like a buff anim when a mob spawns? like the vertical lines white moving around the buffee).

I proceed to lay into him and inexplicably die (well.. I died because I had no health, but the point is I've had little dificulty with these guys since I got the face scratcher).

So putting this all together as I pay to recover my inventory, I assumed the monk cast some kind of buff on the mob.
Now if that's not possible, fair enough.. I'm not sure why I took so much damage, armor should be relatively new.. maybe I forgot to put my pants on again.

Whatever.. point is I decided then it was time to clan up.
We've since learned I'm not married to Tangent and am considering SirRah's offer of a move to FA (Any tips on moving to hostile factions? Don't you actually have to go there?), possibly I'll give the citycom a try.

I've also just noticed I left out the word 'Clan' in the subject of my post (between 'Tangent' and 'on'), maybe that's why it got off topic.
Live & learn.
I ar teh nib etc etc...

Edit: :D

StryfeX
26-04-04, 21:47
Lets try this again.

I've never played with a PPU or as a PPU (although I logged back onto my pluto APU char and found all my psi and int points in the pool again, so I made it straight PPU, just not tried to use it yet), so I'm not familiar with the names of PPU spells.

All I know is, I was at Jeriko with a couple guys in monk PA running around, since I'm LE'd I didn't pay much attention but turn around to find a butchee with what looks to be some kind of spell cast on him. (thinking about it, isn't there like a buff anim when a mob spawns? like the vertical lines white moving around the buffee).

I proceed to lay into him and inexplicably die (well.. I died because I had no health, but the point is I've had little dificulty with these guys since I got the face scratcher).

So putting this all together as I pay to recover my inventory, I assumed the monk cast some kind of buff on the mob.
Now if that's not possible, fair enough.. I'm not sure why I took so much damage, armor should be relatively new.. maybe I forgot to put my pants on again.

Whatever.. point is I decided then it was time to clan up.
We've since learned I'm not married to Tangent and am considering SirRah's offer of a move to FA (Any tips on moving to hostile factions? Don't you actually have to go there?), possibly I'll give the citycom a try.

I've also just noticed I left out the word 'Clan' in the subject of my post (between 'Tangent' and 'on'), maybe that's why it got off topic.
Live & learn.
I ar teh nib etc etc...

Edit: :DThe little white lines moving around a target means that they have been deflectored, which reduces piercing and force type damages. No reason he should have done more damage to you though. Hell, I was in a Storage zone with my capped STR H-C tank and a Hurler was smacking me for like 30-40 HP per hit. o_O

--Stryfe

Jesterthegreat
27-04-04, 14:08
I've got a 28/40 M-C Tank, still LE'd but that's not helping me right now (Some PPU cast a Damage Add on the Butchee I was slicing and I was dead shortly after. Nice move.)

I don't have a problem taking it out, but want to get clanned.

I'm "Dean Vee" in game. lmk in game or here if anyone's recuiting.

Thankya.

you sayin you need a tangent clan?

well although all my chars technically war them, Underworld are run by my RL freind... they tend to recruit people i think

extract
27-04-04, 14:15
I agree with the person who said he got stabbed probably and didnt know it, my very first trip to the outzone was scary sort of when I was a noob a wee bit ago....

Ive always been at a distance from butchees/hurlers....and thier AOE grenades always did average dmg to me, but when I went to the OZ for the first time and actually got up close to one, he punched me and literally took like half my life, the next time he punched me I died....I was amazed, I too thought someone else was shooting me or something etc etc....

basically these mobs can do some decent dmg, even to mid lvl players....

Cubico
27-04-04, 23:27
if you want to join a Tangent clan on Uranus, try Underworld.

greendonkeyuk
28-04-04, 00:04
Underworld is your best bet if you want to pvp. The One and Angels of mercy are relatively new. dont know much about them. In Sp are mainly german i think. It entirely depends on what you want from the game though m8 tbh. If you want pvp then black dragon is the best faction. Join the Regulators or the Ronins, Tigers Jaw are majority german speakers and the biggest of the 3 but all are good clans. Dont go to fa too many sheep there already.

hinch
28-04-04, 09:50
i wish people would stop randomly inviting my uranus chars into clans.

theyre like "invite to clan" im like fuck off i dont wanna join your clan
theyre like why
im like cos i dont wanna
theyre like but why
im like because you suck
theyre like i can kill you
im like come pepper park then
theyre like need 3 pokes please
im like see.