PDA

View Full Version : City of Heroes

Sorontar
26-04-04, 12:07
Just wondering , any of you guys/gals planning on playing this game ?

I'm toying with the idea of getting it tonight when I get home from work.

Original monk
26-04-04, 12:16
i didnt played it myself, a friend of me is in the beta and says its pretty cool yeah: only: he said there is no pvp lol o_O

cause youre all good guys fighting the "bad" side :)

i did hear that youre character choise is huge so that there arent 2 the same superhero's :P

and ya have fun skills they say: like flying and such :)

but i didnt tried it myself yet, and now i remember that there was an event a short while ago and the server stayed pretty stable with loads of people on and giant UFO's flying over the city

i gonna try it out once cause my mate told me its fun :) (altough i tought it was a game for kiddies)

cu laterz

and: click me (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=97603)

Sorontar
26-04-04, 12:38
Reading their forums it looks like they have a fair bit to do and there is a storyline of missions that depends on how you got your powers.

Also they plan to introduce a PVP element as far as I can tell in an expansion. Maybe player villians etc.

Oh well I can't think of anything else to spend my money on at the moment so this looks like the likely candidate....... Paragon City here I come.

notneo
26-04-04, 12:44
i am going to give it a go when my order comes through,sadly my cd did not come in time for beta

Jesterthegreat
26-04-04, 13:47
i was told there is no PvP... so no

TraumaTeam
26-04-04, 15:50
I had dismissed CoH, but I just saw screenshots of their alien invasion. (The retail storylines start with the invasion, but I didn't realize that it was an actual in-game event).

Giant flying saucers filled the skies and players were fighting aliens in the streets! I am actually pretty damn impressed.

I'm not a huge fan of the superhero genre (I'm more sci-fi, which is why I'm more looking forward to Matrix Online and DoY), but with that kind of story telling I might just give it a whirl. (Actually, give me an MMORPG based on the comic "Powers" and you'd have me...)

Rude Boi
26-04-04, 21:06
hey sorontar, i get my copy wednsday, so maybe me and u could lvl out chars together ;) :D

jiga
26-04-04, 21:14
I'll prolly get it (unless there is a neocron patch b4 my exams are finished)