PDA

View Full Version : How long is a few minutes to KK?

Ezekial Stone
26-04-04, 10:43
Ok...i understand that server and database administration has to be done...great...ur fixing stuff...that's cool.

Here's the thing though.

Server admin comes on and says the server is going down in a "few minutes" for database repairs. So why after 30 seconds does the server go down? That's not a few minutes. That's not even enough time to get to a safe spot to log out...hell..that's not even enough time to log out clean.

So, if you are going to say a few minutes...actually make it a few minutes...if you are only going to wait 30 seconds, then say 30 seconds.

darknessfairy
26-04-04, 10:46
aha! but 30 seconds is enough time to log out. once you press escape then it takes 30 seconds for your character to disintegrate.

agreed it was very vague (i wasnt on at the time) and we should slap their wrists, but erm ... what should we expect now? :lol:

Mighty Max
26-04-04, 11:11
Erm, are you sure ? I've read it like server will come down for some minutes ....

Anyhow, it was only 5 mins down ... so wth

Cytaur
26-04-04, 11:36
few mins is Soon (TM) also Soon (TM) means When Its Done (TM)

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 15:25
KK goes by doy time. Basically DOY time means that 1 min is really = to 1 hour. 1 day is really = to 1 week. 1 week is = to 1 month 1 month is = to 1 year.

That's why we have to wait a couple of DOY weeks for a patch, and a couple of DOY months for DOY.

:p

ezza
26-04-04, 15:27
cant say i even remember when the previous patch was it was so long ago

Shadow Dancer
26-04-04, 15:38
It was a couple of DOY weeks ago.

ezza
26-04-04, 15:41
It was a couple of DOY weeks ago.
:lol: right

Original monk
26-04-04, 15:43
cant say i even remember when the previous patch was it was so long ago

i remember previous patch very well, i tought they where gonna rezzurect hybrids ya see.

my mistake ... , they yust gave em some crappy spells and said: hey we unnerfed hybrids !!! we removed the -30% nerf !!!

while actually they even made it worse ... not even talking about trading ages for a stupid kamichip and when ya finaly got em and start enjoying youre hybrid they give -40 PPU ...

suckers

:angel:

aKe`cj
26-04-04, 16:24
That was just an act of kind compensation... because the last times they said the servers will be down for a few minutes ..it actually took "a few minutes" longer :p

J. Folsom
26-04-04, 16:29
The server admin was probably referring to in-game time, since you had 30 seconds, that's equal to 5 minutes in-game time! See, you did get a few minutes.