PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of an upcoming MMO called...

RayBob
26-04-04, 09:00
Risk Your Life?

naimex
26-04-04, 09:03
MMORPG Site Info (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?setView=overview&gameID=134&bhsw=1024&bhsh=768&bhswi=1003&bhshi=599&cookies=1&bhsw=1024&bhsh=768&bhswi=1003&bhshi=599&cookies=1)

Google is your friend (http://www.google.dk/search?hl=da&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%2B%22risk+your+life%22&meta=)

Nope, haven´t heard about it.

petek480
26-04-04, 09:07
www.gamemyth.com.my

It's a really good game, I haven't played that much though. I'm waiting for open beta, which is may 1st, to actually level up a char.

XSuneX
26-04-04, 09:08
Risk Your Life?What? did grownups think of that name? What the hell kind of name is that?

It sounds like reality TV.

Geez, it seems any moron can make a MMOG nowadays.

there realy starting to come out of the woodwork now.

What is “Risk Your Life”? Some sort of bad translation.

hinch
26-04-04, 09:58
pete i think everyone on fa.com is in closed beta :) theres like 90 odd screenshots from nexx and fenix in thegallery now heavyload has shoved 4 or 5 in too it looks good but i just cant test it whilst im on 14.4 modem :(

Ryuben
26-04-04, 10:43
ryl does look very sweet

www.ryl.com.my

and erm tis uber ;) graphics and draw distance is all i gotto say :p

Cytaur
26-04-04, 11:37
another south-eastern asian fantasy mmo ? fuck that !

Oath
26-04-04, 11:40
What? did grownups think of that name? What the hell kind of name is that?

It sounds like reality TV.

Geez, it seems any moron can make a MMOG nowadays.

there realy starting to come out of the woodwork now.

What is “Risk Your Life”? Some sort of bad translation.

What sort of name is XsuneX? seems like any fool can make an alias these days.

Regardless i admit the name is a little lame, but no more lame than horizons, or lineage, or worms, or final fantasy, or any other game.

Cytaur
26-04-04, 11:42
or... like what the hell is Neocron ? Come on who thought on that ? O_O

Oath
26-04-04, 11:47
or... like what the hell is Neocron ? Come on who thought on that ? O_O

Your kos now cytaur :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :p

Cytaur
26-04-04, 11:48
Your kos now cytaur :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :p

I kos your momma o_O

Oath
26-04-04, 11:52
I kos your momma o_O

FUCLOMG KSOKSKOSOKS!111111113771376ICHICHICHICH1*38h1

Anyway...thread hijacking over...

RYL is a pretty cool game, with an awesome and highly detailed map, each zone is MASSIVE and looks awesome, there are a lot of issues but isnt that what beta is about? :p

Cytaur
26-04-04, 11:55
RYL is a pretty cool game, with an awesome and highly detailed map, each zone is MASSIVE and looks awesome, there are a lot of issues but isnt that what beta is about? :p

but its still asian and has all fantasy crap ... players still say I U PK NOW KEKEKEKEKEKEKE ^^

tomparadox
26-04-04, 12:44
but its still asian and has all fantasy crap ... players still say I U PK NOW KEKEKEKEKEKEKE ^^

lol... but yea.. whats with all the koren games and asian MMOs comeing out all of a suden? there was MO, RO, some other weird named game that i dont remember Oo...

Jesterthegreat
26-04-04, 13:48
pete i think everyone on fa.com is in closed beta :) theres like 90 odd screenshots from nexx and fenix in thegallery now heavyload has shoved 4 or 5 in too it looks good but i just cant test it whilst im on 14.4 modem :(

i am since heavy load made me play :D

closed beta (first come - first serve) at the mo, server whipe end of week (saturday?) then open beta after whipe

im lovin it so far

suler
26-04-04, 17:22
"When players conquer an area of village, they will have to power and authority over the village. They will become the ?feudal lord? and thus the village or area will become his/her territory. The player can then invest and develop that territory into becoming more powerful and wealthy but be warned that if that territory cannot be defended against hostile attacks, it will be conquered. In other words, players can use their character to wage war and conquer territory while risking their life, this is the meaning of ?Risk Your Life?."

Uh anyways also so everybody knows the malaysian version which is in english isn't going to be the real publisher for north america or europe. The north american publisher is working on their own version and I don't think anybody has grabbed the rights for europe.

petek480
26-04-04, 17:23
another south-eastern asian fantasy mmo ? fuck that !
Nope, they're going to be releasing it in north america. The servers are just in malaysia for right now.

J. Folsom
26-04-04, 17:25
lol... but yea.. whats with all the koren games and asian MMOs comeing out all of a suden? there was MO, RO, some other weird named game that i dont remember Oo...Most of them have most likely been around for a few years already; it's just that only recently have the companies managing them become succesful enough to expand outside of Asia. Or they've been developed far enough to now be marketed world-wide.

And there's a lot of MMO's there since the market for MMO's is incredibly large in Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Korea, Indonesia and China, as well as some other countries.
As an example, Ragnarok Online has specific servers for all those countries I mentioned; but last I checked the whole rest of the world is all based on international RO, and that doesn't even get close to the number of users the country specific ones get.
EDIT: There's also a European version of RO, forgot to mention that, still not close to the amount of users the country-specific asian versions get though.

XSuneX
26-04-04, 17:35
lol... but yea.. whats with all the koren games and asian MMOs comeing out all of a suden? there was MO, RO, some other weird named game that i dont remember Oo...They wan't our MONEY!!! U.S.A. the country they love and hate at the same time.

Well I love the U.S. The whole world is here too.

But i still like the whole Earth. We are awsome.

And I still think the name "Risk Your Life" Sucks Ass!!! That makes no sence.

They call adventuring risking your life?

Any Indian MMOG's comming out?

XSuneX
26-04-04, 17:39
"When players conquer an area of village, they will have to power and authority over the village. They will become the ?feudal lord? and thus the village or area will become his/her territory. The player can then invest and develop that territory into becoming more powerful and wealthy but be warned that if that territory cannot be defended against hostile attacks, it will be conquered. In other words, players can use their character to wage war and conquer territory while risking their life, this is the meaning of ?Risk Your Life?."

Uh anyways also so everybody knows the malaysian version which is in english isn't going to be the real publisher for north america or europe. The north american publisher is working on their own version and I don't think anybody has grabbed the rights for europe.Who you? some Wiseman? "Risk your Empire" maybe. Risk Risk Risk, that is an old board game. How about "Risk Your Wife".

suler
26-04-04, 17:42
Sorry they couldn't come up with a cool hardcore name like xXriskXyourlXifeXx, then it would be a good name right?

Seven
26-04-04, 19:27
Another Fantasy MMORPG?
Thank goodness, we were really running low on them! :rolleyes:

Duder
26-04-04, 22:01
Sorry they couldn't come up with a cool hardcore name like xXriskXyourlXifeXx, then it would be a good name right?

no no no no it should be $$$(.)(.)$$$ xX((RiSk))XxX((yOuR))XxX((LiFe))Xx 8========D~~

Now thats hardcore to the max!

RayBob
26-04-04, 22:26
I know someone in the closed beta and he was telling me a little about it last night. Yea, it's a fantasy theme but if you look at the screenies and download the movies it's kinda rough and punky fantasy and not all fairy and elfish fantasy. Most importantly, he told me the combat is the best he has seen in any MMO since Neocron. It is 3rd person based (which is how most of us play Neocron anyway) and based on timing and skill and not the classic click-and-watch-animations. No aiming reticle so he compared it to melee tanks in Neocron. Sounds interesting.

suler
27-04-04, 00:24
The game doesn't just have melee though, there's also gunners and archers and mages and blah blah.

Omnituens
27-04-04, 01:36
What sort of name is XsuneX?
"Sune" is the name of a Rubik's Cube algorithm. but thats probably isnt what they got it from.

FF series > you (except IX, you > FFIX :p)

Candaman
27-04-04, 01:59
RYL is highly addictive but i can see myself getting bored with it not too far in

suler
27-04-04, 02:15
Anothing thing to consider is, the malaysian version is way behind and very feature restrictive compared to the korean counterpart. The malaysian version is the same version they were using to beta test the original korean one like last year but with english.

The real north american release is supposed to use the newest version available and will have the full korean feature list and hopefully rights to modify the code as needed.

The real thing that keeps me interested in risk your life is the territory system that is supposed to be introduced where you can rule a town and appoint a clan or clans to be your army. It sounds like ops but I really want to see how it is implemented.