PDA

View Full Version : [OT]Lineage 2 downloaded!

Clownst0pper
25-04-04, 23:36
Figured id have a quick thrash on it while I can.

Any suggestions on what to be as a starting class thats easy, and give me a good over view of the game?

Need some tips! :D

Al3X
25-04-04, 23:50
its fun.. for a day, then its boring

-
everything is way too expensive
pvp is boring
leveling is boring
everyone looks the same

+
graphics are good
euhm.. i cant think of much more

Tratos
26-04-04, 00:13

-
pvp is boring
leveling is boring
everyone looks the same

+
graphics are good
Thats the experience i got of it aswell

~Tratos

jernau
26-04-04, 01:09
It really depends on your preference in women's underwear.

White lacy stuff - Elves
Black leather stuff - Dark Elves
Sensible - Dwarves

I don't know what orcs wear as their heads are too tiny so I haven't rolled one.

Goa'uld
26-04-04, 01:14
Heh Lineage 2.. was great for a week

Things are WAY! to expensive like al3x said above.

Wouldn't pay monthly for it though..

Looks pretty too :D

(I guess what attracted most players where the Female Dark Elf's.. you know whats :p )

Spoon
26-04-04, 03:58
lol..

You better get leveling, cause you got about 26 hours before the servers shut down for the switch to retail.... :lol:

And yeah, the money drop needs a major rework in this game...
I haven't found leveling that bad, it's just the money you need to upgrade equipment, is damn hard to come by(you almost have to farm mobs 5 levels below you for days to come up with the cash to upgrade)...

Unless you hit the loot drop lottery, and get a full weapon or piece of armor drop, which only happens to me about once a week..... :rolleyes:

I get the impression that NCSoft wants people to buy ingame money on Ebay...... :rolleyes:

kurai
26-04-04, 04:07
I get the impression that NCSoft wants people to buy ingame money on Ebay...... :rolleyes:Bear in mind the economy is scaled to cope with half of Korea's adolescent male population in net cafés for 72 hours at a stretch :D

Duder
26-04-04, 16:14
But you get to look like an anime character OMG KAWAII ^_^ and cybersex with other sweaty men in Lineage!!!! How can you say its boring?

Garg [RogueNET]
26-04-04, 16:30
Hentai freaks must be loving this game...

jiga
26-04-04, 16:33
lineage 2 makes neocron look like the perfect game. Lineage lvling is soooo fecking slow, they don't properly introduce noobs into the game and what the hell is up with the click and wait pvm/pvp? o_O

Clownst0pper
26-04-04, 16:39
Well, ive played it.

Its like DAoC in a different skin

Stunning graphics, combat is ok.

The loot drop is poor, and XP is slow.

Emoticons/Animations are a nice touch, with great looking characters.

I hated the fact It has 2 class types (maybe just b3ta) and fuck all character creation.

I made a dwarf, spauned in, the dude next to me is identicle! EH?! :confused:

And thats about it, I dont fancy playing DAoC again

robdekoning
27-04-04, 12:57
I actually like it a bit, the pvp system is a bit dull and there are 10 ziellion carebears but the graphics are great and its actually fun when u manage to get the money to buy your next weapon. Make sure that you don't attack mobs other people are attacking or you will be pked/stalked all day :D. Dunno if im going to buy it, still thinking about reactivating neocron (MY REACTIVATE BUTTON IS GONE!!!!!) :)

Sigma
27-04-04, 13:44
Figured id have a quick thrash on it while I can.

Any suggestions on what to be as a starting class thats easy, and give me a good over view of the game?

Need some tips! :D
suggestion from me?

deinstall it and d/l ao :D

Kasumi
27-04-04, 13:59
It really depends on your preference in women's underwear.

White lacy stuff - Elves
Black leather stuff - Dark Elves
Sensible - Dwarves

I don't know what orcs wear as their heads are too tiny so I haven't rolled one.Not very funny! :/

Bear in mind the economy is scaled to cope with half of Korea's adolescent male population in net cafés for 72 hours at a stretch hehe It is how I got my character to really high level.. ^^

For thread starter! Play an Elf and go the route to become a Silver Ranger.. The best class in Lineage II! ^^

jernau
27-04-04, 14:01
Not very funny! :/
Funny is a matter of opinion. It's certainly true though.

Phantium
27-04-04, 14:01

-
pvp is boring
leveling is boring
everyone looks the same

+
graphics are good

Indeed, Bondage 2 is the new name of it too. LOL.

Barak
27-04-04, 14:02
Not very funny! :/
well MJS... er.. jeranu is right

full of sweaty korean men having cyber sex with other sweaty korean men..

Kasumi
27-04-04, 14:24
well MJS... er.. jeranu is right

full of sweaty korean men having cyber sex with other sweaty korean men..
Do never have anything nice to say?? :/

Barak
27-04-04, 14:31
Do never have anything nice to say?? :/

erm..... there was this one time.. oh .. no that was a dream

nope

LiL T
28-04-04, 04:36
Don't even bother man I know some one played for 1 week solid made 50k bought 1 pair of gloves got killed droped the gloves 1 week of work down drain gg

jernau
28-04-04, 04:42
Don't even bother man I know some one played for 1 week solid made 50k bought 1 pair of gloves got killed droped the gloves 1 week of work down drain gg
To be fair on that basis you shouldn't play any RPG.

Vid Gamer
28-04-04, 04:44
I only played for a few hours but from what I saw and played I could probably get into it if I really wanted to, but I'm still sitcking with Neocron/SWG until MxO.

Reminds me of a 3D Ragnarok Online.

MegaCorp
28-04-04, 04:55
I'd say the easiest to play is an Orc Fighter. Tougher than other classes and they hit real hard too. :D That will give you the quickest and easiest introduction to raw fighting in the game, and won't limit what you can do versus having chosen some other race. For a somewhat different experience, pick a mage, say a Dark Elf for instance, although any other race would be fine too. I happen to have like 7 or 8 characters of different classes and races. The one i play the most is a 16th level Dark Elven fighter.

Spook

P.S. havent played much lately because the game is proving to be a bit too "simplistic" for me; i'm using it mostly as filler until City of Heroes comes out later this week (which i also Beta'ed).

P.P.S. guess i missed your entry where you made it clear you'd already played L2 and didnt need suggestions any more. Yeah, it is basically a more simplified version of DAOC but with PvP anywhere; simplified in that you acquire much fewer special skills and abilities over time as you level up, so you have less to do during combat and the like.